PDA

View Full Version : Josh Allen Super Bowl

Woodman
02-16-2023, 07:24 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/15/josh-allen-chiefs-are-the-mantra-of-what-you-want-to-be-and-how-you-need-to-do-it/

“You don’t want to fall into the same routine, not making it there (https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-josh-allen-gives-props-to-chiefs-mahomes-it-s-a-copycat-league-you-gotta-f?campaign=Twitter_atn) and going and spending time there,” Allen said on Kyle Brandt’s Basement. “Putting the attention on the wrong thing, I guess you could say. Been there, done that. There’s some good money-making opportunities there, but I’m at the point where I’d rather be playing in the game than getting the payoffs.”

“You look at him statistically and what he’s been able to do in his first four, five, six years in this league, you know, it’s kind of unmatched by anybody,” Allen said of Mahomes. “They’re the mantra of what you want to be and how you need to do it. Because, again they’re just constantly in the AFC Championship Game; he’s been in three Super Bowls now. Got to find ways. It’s a copycat league. You’ve got to find ways to be like them.”
Allen said “to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best.” The Bills are 2-1 against the Chiefs in the regular season with Allen as their starting quarterback, but 0-2 in the postseason.

GreedoII
02-16-2023, 07:41 AM
love it. He rather play golf and stay away from the hyped up garbage.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-16-2023, 08:59 AM
Sounds like Dan Marino in his days. Hope not a Marino career without a Superbowl win.

EDS
02-16-2023, 09:00 AM
Josh knows he has to win a couple super bowls to measure up to Mahomes. I hope he uses that as motivation going forward.

sukie
02-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Word salad until a playoff win happens… then Super Bowl

Night Train
02-16-2023, 09:46 AM
Word salad until a playoff win happens… then Super Bowl

Yup .

He's not the problem. He presses too much, due to a substandard supporting cast. It's good but not on the level of KC & Cinci overall. Plus the coaches have to reflect a bit on how they wish to proceed. They're not hired for life.

Beane has a lot of work to do the next few months.

Bill Cody
02-16-2023, 10:02 AM
Yup .

He's not the problem. He presses too much, due to a substandard supporting cast. It's good but not on the level of KC & Cinci overall. Plus the coaches have to reflect a bit on how they wish to proceed. They're not hired for life.

Beane has a lot of work to do the next few months.

He does. The takeaway from the SB for me was how KC's OL just stoned Philly's vaunted DL. That's where the Bills need to improve. Josh doesn't need 5 pillars of granite in front of him but an improved OL will open everything up for him, reduce the pressure in every way.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-16-2023, 10:30 AM
Compared to the rest of the team, skill and playing level, he's not the problem. Now looking from the resource allocation perspective, Allen's cap is around 20 - 25% of the entire team. He has to elevate the playing level of the entire offense to justify.

He has strength and weakness. I believe he needs to adapt to the offense weakness personnel wise. 2022 season, as the year went on, I feel he's looking for long-developing big plays more and more, while the O-Line clearly were not capable of supporting that style. His ability to extend plays covered up some of deficiency, but there are other ways to not relying on that nor his running to make it work. I feel that's his weakness that defenses are keying on later in the season.

Mahomes is able to use Hill for big plays when he was there, but also control the short game very well. Part of it is Reid, but I have to give Mahomes a lot of credit for the way he adapted this year. I don't think Allen is as well rounded overall as a passer that Mahomes is. Allen routinely makes very difficult throws no one else can make. I just don't think he had to do that that often. Instinct says if every pass has to be a difficult one, something is wrong.

I hope Allen has that Brady-ism in him. No one improved as much and as long as Brady has been in the game, mentally and physically.

Woodman
02-16-2023, 10:35 AM
love it. He rather play golf and stay away from the hyped up garbage.