PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bieniemy Finalizing Agreement

Woodman
02-17-2023, 04:43 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/eric-bieniemy-finalizing-agreement-to-become-commanders-offensive-coordinator/

Eric Bieniemy is poised to become the offensive coordinator of the Commanders. According to multiple reports, Bieniemy is finalizing a deal and both sides expect him to be the offensive coordinator in Washington this season.

Woodman
02-17-2023, 05:36 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/commanders-agree-to-multi-year-deal-with-eric-bieniemy-to-become-assistant-head-coach-oc/

Commanders agree to multi-year deal with Eric Bieniemy to become assistant head coach/OC
Eric Bieniemy has agreed in principle on a multi-year deal that will make him assistant head coach/offensive coordinator, a source tells PFT.
Bieniemy had a two-day interview with the Commanders before agreeing to leave Kansas City after five seasons as the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator. Bieniemy will call the plays in Washington, something Andy Reid did in Kansas City.

YardRat
02-17-2023, 05:56 PM
He needed to get out from under Reid's wing to get a shot at his own job. And allegedly work on his interviewing skills.

Woodman
02-17-2023, 07:22 PM
The best move he could have made.

Night Train
02-18-2023, 06:52 AM
He needed to get out from under Reid's wing to get a shot at his own job. And allegedly work on his interviewing skills.

Our old RB McCoy shot him down. Said he just yells a lot and was not liked by the players. This was roughly his 18th interview in the last several years. This is his sink or swim moment, for sure. A 2 year contract is a prove it deal.

Novacane
02-18-2023, 08:19 AM
The best move he could have made.

Are we sure about that? I'd say he's pretty much doomed to fail in Washington.

Woodman
02-18-2023, 09:23 AM

It's a possible path to a HC position he had no such path in KC.

This is a prove it's you contract ..... see what he can do without Andy.

He's also assistant HC with this and KC would not match that offer.

Novacane
02-18-2023, 11:01 AM
It's a possible path to a HC position he had no such path in KC.

This is a prove it's you contract ..... see what he can do without Andy.

He's also assistant HC with this and KC would not match that offer.

There is his problem. It wasn't him.

Woodman
02-18-2023, 11:02 AM
There is his problem. It wasn't him.
I'm afraid you're right.

Good luck Eric.

kgun12
02-18-2023, 09:01 PM
Our old RB McCoy shot him down. Said he just yells a lot and was not liked by the players. This was roughly his 18th interview in the last several years. This is his sink or swim moment, for sure. A 2 year contract is a prove it deal.

I heard this as well. I think this is a bad move for him.

kgun12
02-18-2023, 09:05 PM

Me too, the good news we won't have to here out how he deserves a head coaching job after this happems!

sukie
02-19-2023, 06:31 AM
KC , after 2 years gets two 3rd round picks for this whole transaction. Dammit. Why didn’t Leslie mail the “elevator” pitch?

Woodman
02-19-2023, 01:31 PM
Me too, the good news we won't have to hear how he deserves a head coaching job after this happens!

We win with just that alone.

Woodman
02-19-2023, 01:33 PM
KC , after 2 years gets two 3rd round picks for this whole transaction. Dammit. Why didn’t Leslie mail the “elevator” pitch?
Sorry :console:

Woodman
02-21-2023, 11:53 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/21/lesean-mccoy-im-rooting-for-eric-bieniemy-but-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-chiefs-pass-game/

LeSean McCoy: I’m rooting for Eric Bieniemy, but he had nothing to do with Chiefs’ pass game