PDA

View Full Version : Window to use franchise tags is now open

Woodman
02-21-2023, 07:55 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/21/window-to-use-franchise-tags-is-now-open/

Tuesday marks an important date in the NFL’s offseason calendar.
The window for teams to use franchise or transition tags is now open. Teams can apply the tags at any point between now and 4 p.m. ET on March 8 and any player who receives a tag will be able to continue negotiating a long-term deal with their teams through July 15.

kgun12
02-21-2023, 10:30 AM
No news is good news!!!

Woodman
02-21-2023, 10:39 AM
So far! :cheers:

Woodman
02-21-2023, 10:44 AM
https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-franchise-tag-primer-candidates-to-watch-while-window-is-open

2023 NFL franchise tag primer: Candidates to watch while window is open
1) Lamar Jackson

2) Daniel Jones

3) Saquon Barkley

4) Jordan Poyer

5) Evan Engram

6) Daron Payne

7) Josh Jacobs

8) Orlando Brown

YardRat
02-21-2023, 07:08 PM
I don't think Poyer is a franchise tag candidate at $14.4 million.

Woodman
02-21-2023, 07:26 PM
Payne is very likely to be tagged I'm reading.

notacon
02-22-2023, 12:32 PM
I don't think Poyer is a franchise tag candidate at $14.4 million.

Seems pretty clear that the Bills are going to let Poyer test the open market.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2023, 12:54 PM
Poyer is going to be disappointed when he finds out teams aren't going to back up the Brinks truck for him.

I bet he ends up re-signing a 2 year deal with the Bills for like 15 million guaranteed.

DraftBoy
02-23-2023, 03:12 AM
Poyer is going to be disappointed when he finds out teams aren't going to back up the Brinks truck for him.

I bet he ends up re-signing a 2 year deal with the Bills for like 15 million guaranteed.

Hopefully not, it became pretty clear last year that Hyde is the glue to the defensive backfield not Poyer. We can replace him with a cheaper alternative that isn’t diminishing in skill.

I’d take Poyer back one a one year deal but it would need to be at a discount.

YardRat
02-23-2023, 06:17 AM
Hopefully not, it became pretty clear last year that Hyde is the glue to the defensive backfield not Poyer. We can replace him with a cheaper alternative that isn’t diminishing in skill.

I’d take Poyer back one a one year deal but it would need to be at a discount.

I dunno, Hyde was certainly missed but until the playoff game against Cincinnati the only losses the Bills had last year were when Poyer was out. He's pretty important too.

Cali512
02-23-2023, 07:24 AM
I dunno, Hyde was certainly missed but until the playoff game against Cincinnati the only losses the Bills had last year were when Poyer was out. He's pretty important too.

Poyer was horrible in the playoffs last year. Idk if it was strictly his injury but he had about 4-5 plays where he either completely read the route wrong, or didnt know his zone responsibility. A lot of times he would be shadowing underneath just for the receiver/TE to causally fade to the back of the endzone

Woodman
02-23-2023, 10:13 AM
Seems pretty clear that the Bills are going to let Poyer test the open market.

yup!

Woodman
02-23-2023, 10:16 AM

I’d take Poyer back on a one year deal but it would need to be at a discount.

Agreed!