PDA

View Full Version : Winfield, Wire, Milloy, Clements

Slick
09-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Talk about bringing the wood. I feel sorry for the receivers from the Pats, Fins, & Jets.

SMACK!!! BAM!!! THUD!!!

IHateTheDullphins
09-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Nasty. Just Nasty. This D is gonna eat their lunch.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 08:36 PM
You guys have a damn good secondary, ya just got to hope Milloy picks up the D in a reaaall short time. Still not as good as ours though, but yeah, you have three real solid hitters in that group.

Slick
09-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Did Sammy Knight break a sub-5.0 40 yet? I heard he was working pretty hard at it. Maybe he should give Don Beebe a call.

The Seahag
09-03-2003, 08:50 PM
you have three real solid hitters in that group.

I've got to know which one of these guys you think isn't carrying some serious lumber.

And if Wire makes the sophmore leap that is common among many NFL players, I think that we've passed the phin secondary, particularly if you hold the belief that Madison is a shadow of his former self.

Cya

BillsOverDolphins
09-03-2003, 09:21 PM
we know it's not Wire..just ask James stewart

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Snap ,crackle,pop!!!

Bruce is Loose
09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
i think the secondary is solid but be honest - until we prove otherwise, miami has the secondary to beat... our LBs will dominate though.

BigMike68
09-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Its not Nate or Antoine either, ask Brady if he found his Head from the hit two years ago vs Nasty Nate, and Terry Glenn if he still thinks he playing at Ohio State not Dallas after Winfeild sideline hit last year.

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 09:57 PM
yeah.. everyone in the secondary can lay the lumber..

god damn, i am getting lumber thinging about this!

Thailog80
09-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Here comes the BOOM!!!

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2003, 10:11 PM
SCHWWWWWING!!!!!!!!!!!!

XNOUGHT
09-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BigMike68
Its not Nate or Antoine either, ask Brady if he found his Head from the hit two years ago vs Nasty Nate, and Terry Glenn if he still thinks he playing at Ohio State not Dallas after Winfeild sideline hit last year.

And Brady stepped RIGHT BACK UP.......and went on to win a Super Bowl and then pass for 32 TD's the year after............

You guys can hit......... but can you stop the pass?

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Winfield, Wire, and Milloy can lay the wood real good, Clements is decent, and by all means a pretty good tackler for a CB, but compared to the real hard hitting DBs (i.e. Milloy and Winfield) he's definately a tier or two below.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 10:23 PM
I don't care how fast Knight does as long as he keeps getting 5+ INTs a year. Freeman only had 1 last year and he was picked on.

madness
09-03-2003, 10:27 PM
To tell you the truth, the SB should be decided in our division with all our talent. No matter how much we hate each other, AFC East is the cream of the crop.

Halbert
09-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Slick
Winfield, Wire, Milloy, Clements

Talk about bringing the wood.
Oh after that title I've got plenty of wood.

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 10:31 PM
dolphan.. clements can hit as hard as any CB in the league.. and as hard as most safeties.. you need to go back and look at that brady hit among others..

there is no point in even arguing it.. all four guys can whack the crap outa someone.

madness
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Not to mention, Clements has been chosen to lead the league in INTs by many in the biz.

bernielivsey_1
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
We shouldnt count INT's we should count concusions. BONK
Tom are you OK?.....YEAH.....Where are you?.....I think I just died....no you were just hit by one of the Bills secondary.

chubluv
09-03-2003, 10:39 PM
you have to take wire out of that group (winfield,clements,milloy,wire) because milloy will be taking over wires spot out there not the other starting safetys job..

madness
09-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
We shouldnt count INT's we should count concusions. BONK
Tom are you OK?.....YEAH.....Where are you?.....I think I just died....no you were just hit by one of the Bills secondary.

"Secondary? But..... your holding up only one finger. Seriously, I'm fine. Next playing I'm throwing the ball down field right?" :rock:

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by chubluv
you have to take wire out of that group (winfield,clements,milloy,wire) because milloy will be taking over wires spot out there not the other starting safetys job..

link? what makes you think that they would remove their best safety from the field, besides milloy?

i think they find a way to make it work.

WG
09-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
dolphan.. clements can hit as hard as any CB in the league.. and as hard as most safeties.. you need to go back and look at that brady hit among others..

there is no point in even arguing it.. all four guys can whack the crap outa someone.

Indeed! This will rival some of the harder hitting secondaries in NFL history!

ublinkwescore
09-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Ask Tim Dwight also - if Clements can hit.

Ask the ref (that got kicked by the guy that Clements folded up) who was standing to close to the guy from the Chargers that Clements folded up (in that same game) from another hit if Clements can hit.

ublinkwescore
09-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Indeed! This will rival some of the harder hitting secondaries in NFL history!

Secondaries?

Try the whole D pal.

We've still got Spikes and Fletcher in the middle of the D, and Pat, Sam and Schobel on the line.

There are going to be many loose footballs bouncing around the astroplay on Sundays in the Ralph - all the way 'til January.

DraftBoy
09-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Milloy, Winfield, Clements, Wire- I could forsee us leading the league in turnover ratio this year. Should be good to see us this season on D, boy am I pumped up!

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 12:24 AM
there is NOTHING in football that makes the crowd stand up and freak out more than watching a receiver go for the ball and get lit up like a friggin christmas tree..

yeah.. i can see alot of balls jarred lose..

ublinkwescore
09-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Are you acknowledging some of my useless drivel as a valid observation and contribution to this board, Tatonka?

timfromjersey
09-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by chubluv

Milloy is strictly a strong safety. Has trouble covering speedy wideouts and running backs. Can remember many times Malloy getting beat for touchdowns. But he's as sure a tackler as any safety in the league.

No way Coy Wire gets bumped out of a starter's position. He hits like a ton and is a better overall athlete than Prioleau. May be faster too.

SABURZFAN
09-04-2003, 12:58 AM
that's not a bad secondary at all.

timfromjersey
09-04-2003, 01:20 AM
originally posted by Dolfan 984
...but yeah, you have three real solid hitters in that group.

As far as Winfield is concerned, He makes it FOUR real solid hitters in that group. Winfield is a good hitter because he throws his body into run support with reckless abandon. With his size, I'm amazed at his aggressiveness and durability. He has great burst and can thread his way through traffic to get to the runner and is a sure tackler in space.

One caveat, though. I've noticed over the past couple of years that opposing teams run to his side more and away from Clements and if they can get a blocker into him, he is taken out of the play. I believe teams gameplan to run at him and consider him an overall liability.

Clements is extremely physical and in the long haul will be better against the run than Winfield.

Overall, this secondary will contribute greatly towards a good run defense with the other improvements

the dude
09-04-2003, 01:46 AM
I've read numerous quotes from front office personnel and receivers throughout the league - Winfield is THE best run-stopping CB there is. Gray himself has stated that Winfield is "the best tackler on the team".

Clements may have more potential as a big play corner but he's not in Winfield's class as a run stopper - can't you remember him submarining under those 300 pound guards lumbering to block him on sweeps, then taking down the ball carrier? That was classic ...

Slick
09-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Anybody think Norv Turner is stupid enough to send Chris Chambers over the middle against the Bills this year?

WHACK! "Mommy!!!!!!! (sob) (sniff)"

ryven
09-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Milloy played 106 consecutive games and has been the Patriots' captain the past three seasons. The Patriots signed strong safety Rodney Harrison to work with him during the offseason; Harrison has been working at free safety.

This is from espn it sounds like milloy was there FS,
or does this mean that rodeny harris on is moving to SS?

Stewie
09-04-2003, 10:21 AM
I think it means you put the best 11 on the field and make it work

The Spaz
09-04-2003, 11:29 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/4940.jpg

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
Milloy is strictly a strong safety. Has trouble covering speedy wideouts and running backs. Can remember many times Malloy getting beat for touchdowns. But he's as sure a tackler as any safety in the league.

No way Coy Wire gets bumped out of a starter's position. He hits like a ton and is a better overall athlete than Prioleau. May be faster too.

so you are saying that milloy cant play FS.. and wire wont be benched..

so are you implying that wire will move to FS or that milloy will be behind wire?

ublinkwescore
09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Who cares - I personally think we should bench wire since he doesn't have the cover skills of Prioleau - did we cut Sydney?

What about putting one of our other CBs in at FS like Thomas or Sydney?

timfromjersey
09-04-2003, 03:44 PM
originally quoted by Tatonka
so you are saying that milloy cant play FS.. and wire wont be benched..

so are you implying that wire will move to FS or that milloy will be behind wire?

Yes...

and

Yes (to Wire will move to FS not the second part)

timfromjersey
09-04-2003, 03:55 PM
originally posted by ryven
Milloy played 106 consecutive games and has been the Patriots' captain the past three seasons. The Patriots signed strong safety Rodney Harrison to work with him during the offseason; Harrison has been working at free safety.

This is from espn it sounds like milloy was there FS,
or does this mean that rodeny harris on is moving to SS?

Gee, I don't know ryven, what do you make of that?

Milloy is a strong safety period. Tebucky Jones was the free safety for years in New England.

R Harrison was a strong safety for the Chargers. So and So Beckett was the FS there.

My guess is that New England had already made up their minds to release Milloy long ago this year.