• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Von Miller onboard for Titans’ Derrick Henry

Buffalo Bills’ Von Miller onboard with ESPN’s trade idea for Titans’ Derrick Henry - newyorkupstate.com

The star of the Titans roster is Derrick Henry. Carthon, of course, wouldn’t cut Henry, but would be entertain trading the running back? ESPN’s Jeff Darlington pitched the idea earlier in the week and named the Bills as a destination for the back on Tuesday’s episode of “Get Up!”

“You want to trade a guy before it’s too late,” Darlington said. “Maybe they get something. Trade away Derrick Henry to the Buffalo Bills. Just speculating here, but man, that’d be a fun one.”

Miller was either watching or heard about Darlington’s comments. On Friday, Miller shared a picture working out with the star running back. It didn’t have any words, but the eye emoji and Buffalo symbol said plenty.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Von Miller onboard for Titans’ Derrick Henry

Can he block and open holes for himself? I'm good with Cook. Let's get Allen some protection and someone else to throw to.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
      Can he block and open holes for himself? I'm good with Cook. Let's get Allen some protection and someone else to throw to.
      I agree with getting help on the line and WF. I’m not totally sold on Cook yet. Sometimes he is a little hesitant through the whole or picks the wrong one. Then there are times he looks unstoppable.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
        I agree with getting help on the line and WF. I’m not totally sold on Cook yet. Sometimes he is a little hesitant through the whole or picks the wrong one. Then there are times he looks unstoppable.
        I look at it as Cook has patience that more often than not leads to him looking unstoppable. He has serious burst

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

" But it has to be for the Vet minimum ! "

The current mantra here...

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            " But it has to be for the Vet minimum ! "

The current mantra here...

It’s the knee jerk reaction to how far over the cap we are. But like I said, this wasn’t a surprise to Beane or the Bills. They have it all planned out by now, they know what contracts they want to rework, who they want to keep or let walk, and who they want to pursue in FA. The only unknowns at this point is what players are going to be available from other teams like Wagner.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

As much as i liked cook, some things trouble me

I honestly dont think i saw him juke or break out of a tackle once all season. He has a great burst and excellent vision, but he seems to have no "moves"
              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Miller should have taken less money to play here then, LOL.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                  Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                  • Nov 2012

Derrick Henry and Brittney Griner should have a kid. Male or female, it will be in the NFL.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Well at least he's moved on from OBJ.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                      I agree with getting help on the line and WR. I’m not totally sold on Cook yet. Sometimes he is a little hesitant through the whole or picks the wrong one. Then there are times he looks unstoppable.
                      Give me a great line and everybody else just gets better.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

This is a pure speculation story.

But even IF it were true. I’d be VERy careful about what to give up for a guy like Henry. As fantastic as he has been. We’ve seen time and again that RBs drop off fast after a certain number of hits. Henry is 29 and has 1750 Carries.

he missed half a season in 21 but for both 21 and 22, his ypc dropped from over 5 to under 4.5.

if they traded him now, I’d bet it’s because they see the decline starting

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                          This is a pure speculation story.

But even IF it were true. I’d be VERy careful about what to give up for a guy like Henry. As fantastic as he has been. We’ve seen time and again that RBs drop off fast after a certain number of hits. Henry is 29 and has 1750 Carries.

he missed half a season in 21 but for both 21 and 22, his ypc dropped from over 5 to under 4.5.

if they traded him now, I’d bet it’s because they see the decline starting
                          That's probably exactly what they've observed.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by SMOKE IT View Post
                            Derrick Henry and Brittney Griner should have a kid. Male or female, it will be in the NFL.
                            When do you get your new name?

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Cook would be the perfect compliment to Derek Henry. We’d have a very tough offense to stop by adding Henry, even if we don’t do too much more with the O-line. Henry’s abilities would no doubt open up the passing attack via play action. Diggs would be doubled way less when defenses drop a safety down to key in on Henry.

I know it’s a pipe dream but wtf else do I have to do right now? Oh I know… Spring Traing! LFG Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X