• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibby 2.0
    The things I get you to say
    • Oct 2019

New Stadium Renderings

These stadium renderings look so ultra modern, corporate, and sterile. Also, are the Pegs looking at landing an MLS team because this looks like so many European and MLS soccer stadii. Lastly, why do I feel like I am looking at RFK Stadium in some of these renderings?

The Buffalo Bills have released more renderings of the team's new stadium expected to be completed on Abbott Road in Orchard Park by fall 2026.
    Insert whimsical line here
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: New Stadium Renderings

Not really impressed thus far…

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I believe when the initial drawings were made public, and again when the Bills Euro game was announced, it was mentioned that Tottenham was a big influence on the design.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

The inside of the overhanging roof looks so cheap. Should have gotten more for this kind of money.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
          These stadium renderings look so ultra modern, corporate, and sterile. Also, are the Pegs looking at landing an MLS team because this looks like so many European and MLS soccer stadii. Lastly, why do I feel like I am looking at RFK Stadium in some of these renderings?

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-...park?_amp=true
          Well, a couple of things:

First, we knew they were going for a partial roof and there isn't really a way to do that without invoking the images of RFK. Second, it wouldn't surprise me if Pegs wants an MLS team. I know the taxpayers are fronting the bulk of the money but he's still putting in hundreds of millions into that stadium. Of course he's going to want crowds in there as many days of the year as possible.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

So much whining.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              So much whining.
              so little cheese.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Klaista2k
                • Mar 2017

How is that worth 1.4 billion?

Honestly just save the money and keep playing at the Ralph.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Klaista2k View Post
                  How is that worth 1.4 billion?

Honestly just save the money and keep playing at the Ralph.
                  This^!

If it’s going to stay in Orchard Park and it’s going to stay an open air stadium, scratch the whole thing and stay in the present facility!
                  I know today’s fan want a social event and aren’t there to necessarily watch a football game, but if that’s what you’re there for the Ralph is a great venue to “watch” football.
                  I know people are going to come back with “it’s falling apart” I say crap! Yes it needs updates but Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building, and oh yeah, Arrowhead build around the time the Bills built this stadium, they are all still working great.
                  If you are there to watch a game the Ralph is a great place, if you’re there for entertainment it such. If that’s the case go to Turning Stone.
                  Even though I’m not a fan of a dome stadium, that would be the only reason to build a new facility.
                  Last edited by kgun12; 03-01-2023, 10:11 AM.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                    This^!

If it’s going to stay in Orchard Park and it’s going to stay an open air stadium, scratch the whole thing and stay in the present facility!
                    I know today’s fan want a social event and aren’t there to necessarily watch a football game, but if that’s what you’re there for the Ralph is a great venue to “watch” football.
                    I know people are going to come back with “it’s falling apart” I say crap! Yes it needs updates but Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building, and oh yeah, Arrowhead build around the time the Bills built this stadium, they are all still working great.
                    If you are there to watch a game the Ralph is a great place, if you’re there for entertainment it such. If that’s the case go to Turning Stone.
                    Even though I’m not a fan of a dome stadium, that would be the only reason to build a new facility.
                    Hell yeah KGun - I say if we're not going retractable roof let's just stay at the Ralph. So many good memories there, I hate to lose the connection to Bills history. Now I know part of the impetus for the new stadiun is we have to put like $115M into fixing the structure of the upper deck. But $115M is less than $1.4B. Are we really getting $1.285B more value from a wholly new stadium? I say just keep making upgrades as needed.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                      This^!

Comparing the crappy Bills present stadium to "Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building” and even “Arrowhead” is pretty insulting to all of those wonderful examples of iconic structures (except maybe Arrowhead...they are not in the same solar system as "Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge”) but a much, much better stadium than Era Field EVER has been.

Arrowhead has had several renovations that have cost well over $1 BILION in total (2022 dollars). And there is an expectation that the Chiefs are considering a
                      new stadium when their lease expires in 2031.

New Era Field renovations were a fraction of that, and most to cosmetic changes and addition of private boxes. There is no way to “renovate” the guts and structure of the stadium for any amount that makes financial sense. It would be spending good money after bad. Putting lipstick on a pig.

I met and directly talked to one of the original engineers that BUILT that
                      stadium in the early 70’s.

He described it (basically, paraphrasing) 'a cheap piece of crap, on a terrible site, and the extremely cheapskate budget (only $20M at that time....Arrowhead cost more than double to build) that had them making short cuts and compromises at every turn’.

T
                      his engineer’s long career involved many, many large projects (including several stadiums) that he was very proud of.

The Bills stadium was not one of them.

"Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building” are all iconic structures that have long and distinguished histories. The Golden Gate Bridge and the Empire State Building were technological wonders and engineering achievements of the highest order.

Mentioning any of these in the same light at the Bills stadium is so disrespectful and insulting.

Comment

• ckg927
                        Not quite Best in the World....
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Well, a couple of things:

First, we knew they were going for a partial roof and there isn't really a way to do that without invoking the images of RFK. Second, it wouldn't surprise me if Pegs wants an MLS team. I know the taxpayers are fronting the bulk of the money but he's still putting in hundreds of millions into that stadium. Of course he's going to want crowds in there as many days of the year as possible.
                        Insofar as MLS goes: They ARE planning to expand to 30 teams in the near future; Las Vegas & San Diego are thought to be the frontrunners-beyond that, it's unknown if MLS will expand further. Buffalo DOES have soccer, but FC Buffalo is only at USL League 2 level(it's a step up from the National Premier Soccer League, the most recent league they were in; said league is semi-pro(some teams have players who get paid and others(like FCB)that are entirely amateur.).
                        John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                        David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

What is “New Era Field”?

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            Comparing the crappy Bills present stadium to "Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building” and even “Arrowhead” is pretty insulting to all of those wonderful examples of iconic structures (except maybe Arrowhead...they are not in the same solar system as "Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge”) but a much, much better stadium than Era Field EVER has been.

Arrowhead has had several renovations that have cost well over $1 BILION in total (2022 dollars). And there is an expectation that the Chiefs are considering a
                            new stadium when their lease expires in 2031.

New Era Field renovations were a fraction of that, and most to cosmetic changes and addition of private boxes. There is no way to “renovate” the guts and structure of the stadium for any amount that makes financial sense. It would be spending good money after bad. Putting lipstick on a pig.

I met and directly talked to one of the original engineers that BUILT that
                            stadium in the early 70’s.

He described it (basically, paraphrasing) 'a cheap piece of crap, on a terrible site, and the extremely cheapskate budget (only $20M at that time....Arrowhead cost more than double to build) that had them making short cuts and compromises at every turn’.

T
                            his engineer’s long career involved many, many large projects (including several stadiums) that he was very proud of.

The Bills stadium was not one of them.

"Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Empire State Building” are all iconic structures that have long and distinguished histories. The Golden Gate Bridge and the Empire State Building were technological wonders and engineering achievements of the highest order.

Mentioning any of these in the same light at the Bills stadium is so disrespectful and insulting.

Thanks for your input.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              What is “New Era Field”?
                              The most recent name of the stadium before Highmark took over the naming rights.
                              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

Working...
                              X