PDA

View Full Version : Trading Back

Woodman
02-27-2023, 04:33 PM
2023 NFL Mock Draft- A trade back candidate that fortifies Buffalo’s trenches - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/2/27/23616086/2023-nfl-mock-draft-buffalo-bills-trade-down-darnell-wright-spencer-brown)

After trading back out of the first round, the Buffalo Bills select...Darnell Wright, OT, TennesseeWright is a former five-star recruit who took a while to gain his footing as a college player. Flipping to the right side of the offensive line seemed to have solved a lot of his problems — the light bulb came on in a big way this 2022 season. Wright has carried his momentum into the Senior Bowl (http://www.sbnation.com/senior-bowl), where he put up impressive measurements (6’5”, 342 pounds, 34 1/8” arms). With that size, Wright plays with an enforcing style.

Woodman
02-27-2023, 07:29 PM
Nobody wants to trade back?

kgun12
02-27-2023, 08:03 PM
I wouldn’t mind trading back for more picks depending how far back for sure. I think there might be some nice players available at 27. So depending who wants the pick I’m in.

Woodman
02-27-2023, 08:16 PM
I wouldn’t mind trading back for more picks depending how far back for sure. I think there might be some nice players available at 27. So depending who wants the pick I’m in.

It does depend on who's there of course ..... but whichever way this goes we could sure use an excellent draft this year.
Best of luck Mr. Beane.

acehole
02-27-2023, 09:09 PM

Trade back to end of round one top round two to get that center OHN MICHAELSCHMITZ

cookie G
02-28-2023, 09:54 AM
Id love to trade back, this is a very good year to do it. If it were me, I'd hack every other NFL teams' laptops and install the Profootballnetwork draft simulator into them. You usually get some really good trade down offers.

As to Wright, when he was born, his doctor looked at him and said, "son, you were born to be a right tackle in the NFL." I took him in my last posted draft at 59, after taking JMS from Minnesota earlier in the 2nd.

PS...maybe I missed it in the article when I read it last night, but they didn't say what they got for their trade down. I hope they didn't trade down for nothing, just so it didn't look like they were "reaching".

swiper
02-28-2023, 11:18 AM
Agree with cookie. Especially given the Bills needs, they could drop back just a little and still get a top safety or IOL an pick up an extra pick in so doing.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2023, 12:21 PM
Unless one of the top receivers or another truly unexpected top-tier dude falls to 27, this is my favorite scenario.

Honestly it's probably the nature of the end of first round....typically not a huge difference between the players available from pick 25+ and those in the first half of the second round.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2023, 12:23 PM
Id love to trade back, this is a very good year to do it. If it were me, I'd hack every other NFL teams' laptops and install the Profootballnetwork draft simulator into them. You usually get some really good trade down offers.

Haha right? I can usually trade 2-3 times and end up with like 4 picks in rounds 2-3.

Woodman
02-28-2023, 01:47 PM
Unless one of the top receivers or another truly unexpected top-tier dude falls to 27, this is my favorite scenario.

Honestly it's probably the nature of the end of first round....typically not a huge difference between the players available from pick 25+ and those in the first half of the second round.

SPOT ON! :cheers:

Stacking picks love it.