PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Poyer and Free Agency

YardRat
02-28-2023, 10:50 AM
Who does he sign with, when, and for how much?

TacklingDummy
02-28-2023, 11:02 AM
Dallas, Miami, or Vegas.

2 year deal.

swiper
02-28-2023, 11:09 AM
Dallas, Miami, or Vegas.

2 year deal.

Agree. Or San Diego. He wants to win. And he said he wants warm.

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Vegas... $23 million... 2 years

swiper
02-28-2023, 11:15 AM
Vegas... $23 million... 2 years

They are in QB purgatory. While he could use them and their offer as a bargaining chip, Poyer is old and wants a ring. He knows he won't get it going to that team.

TacklingDummy
02-28-2023, 11:16 AM
They are in QB purgatory. While he could use them and their offer as a bargaining chip, Poyer is old and wants a ring. He knows he won't get it going to that team.

Rodgers might be there, Green Bay, or New Jersey.

swiper
02-28-2023, 11:20 AM
Rodgers might be there, Green Bay, or New Jersey.

LOL. Mr. Fickle. A complex man, to say the least. Maybe he asks Joe Rogan what he should do.

kgun12
02-28-2023, 11:30 AM
With all the crap from his wife and I’m going to Miami threats, I’m to the point of who cares!

Woodman
02-28-2023, 02:15 PM
With all the crap from his wife and I’m going to Miami threats, I’m to the point of who cares!

Feel the same don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Ed
02-28-2023, 02:24 PM
Miami - 3 yrs/35 mil

Forward_Lateral
02-28-2023, 02:25 PM
The more this guy talks, the less I like him.

Woodman
02-28-2023, 02:31 PM

Right or wrong he's dead to me.

You don't want to be here "well bye."

sukie
02-28-2023, 03:58 PM
Would love Miami. Overpay some more.

Woodman
02-28-2023, 04:00 PM
He tipped his hand about taxes and warm weather they'll get him on the cheap.

Not what cha do when you're about to start a negotiation JMO.

kgun12
02-28-2023, 06:27 PM

Good point!

sukie
02-28-2023, 06:40 PM

Vegas is warm and no taxes… no taxes in Tenn either.

Woodman
02-28-2023, 06:47 PM

They would get him for cheap as well.

Cali512
02-28-2023, 07:05 PM
We should move Hamlin to SS. His best skill is being in the box and making tackles. He comes in like a missile. He played FS last year for hyde, but imo his best position is SS

swiper
02-28-2023, 07:31 PM

Again. He wants to win a championship. Not going to happen for him (at his age) in Vegas, Miami or Tennessee.

swiper
02-28-2023, 07:32 PM
We should move Hamlin to SS. His best skill is being in the box and making tackles. He comes in like a missile. He played FS last year for hyde, but imo his best position is SS

Hamlin is playing football again? Gimme a link to that.

Cali512
02-28-2023, 08:29 PM
Hamlin is playing football again? Gimme a link to that.

"Damar Hamlin 'will play professional football again,' NFL players union doctor says. Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin prior to the start of the first half of a preseason NFL football game on Saturday, August 28,

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/08/sport/damar-hamlin-nfl-players-union-doctor-spt-intl/index.html (https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/08/sport/damar-hamlin-nfl-players-union-doctor-spt-intl/index.html)

Jeremy Rodnick from the nhl had the same thing happen and played for like 15 years afterwards. This is partially why i feel like the media took the situation way to far. Weve had players become nearly paralyzed on the field that ruined their careers, but this instance became ridiculously huge. It shouldve stayed in the fanbase and our team, but the nfl made it such a spectacle that a lot of people became almost annoyed by hamlin. He'll probable play again and may be ready for the nfl season. Its nothing that will destroy his career, it was a freak situation that he wont have to drastically alter his life for. Im happy he's recovering and the situation was intense, but i absolutely hate how the media handled it. Everything hes done has become a spectacle where he is basically a celebrity now which is fine, but it's awkward how the nfl has basically promoted the situation to the point of hamlin becoming the most famous player in the world for a time period, just because he nearly died. I get the situation, but it went to the point that it became insanely media driven that hamlin can never have a normal life

TacklingDummy
02-28-2023, 10:50 PM
Again. He wants to win a championship. Not going to happen for him (at his age) in Vegas, Miami or Tennessee.

If the Raiders or Miami get Rodgers.

Woodman
02-28-2023, 10:59 PM
If the Raiders or Miami get Rodgers.

They still wouldn't win anything JMO.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2023, 06:06 PM
Just read Poyer deleted all his Bills photos from Instagram.

kgun12
03-02-2023, 06:16 PM

Another good negotiating decision on his party!

Woodman
03-02-2023, 06:28 PM

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Novacane
03-02-2023, 06:39 PM

LOL. What a baby.

kgun12
03-02-2023, 06:47 PM
LOL. What a baby.

I was thinking the same thing, he truly is acting like a child! I wonder how much of this is his wife’s influence?

Mr. Pink
03-03-2023, 07:45 AM
In the least kept secret thus far I've noticed when it comes to FA...

Poyer will sign with the Dolphins on the first day of FA.

Figure 10-12 per year

kgun12
03-03-2023, 10:36 AM
In the least kept secret thus far I've noticed when it comes to FA...

Poyer will sign with the Dolphins on the first day of FA.

Figure 10-12 per year

Kinda makes sense, he does have a house down there, if he does he’s dead to me, any team but the Fins!

OpIv37
03-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Kinda makes sense, he does have a house down there, if he does he’s dead to me, any team but the Fins!

I definitely hope he ends up outside of the div. The Fins are improving and I'd hate to see them add another piece, and Poyer's a smart player and knows our O and tendencies. I'd hate to have to play him 2x a year.

Woodman
03-03-2023, 10:45 AM
I definitely hope he ends up outside of the div. The Fins are improving and I'd hate to see them add another piece, and Poyer's a smart player and knows our O and tendencies. I'd hate to have to play him 2x a year.
We know his weaknesses as well .........

OpIv37
03-03-2023, 10:51 AM
We know his weaknesses as well .........

Maybe so, but that means there's 1 player we can pick on. He's going to help make sure that all 11 guys on D know our O and how to defend it.

It's going to be tough next year. I don't think it's a great idea to give Poyer 8 figures a year with his age and our cap situation, and I'm lukewarm on Edmunds, but the reality is that this D is much better with them than without them. So, we will have to find a way to replace them while also upgrading the OL, and WR is a mess after Diggs.

Woodman
03-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Maybe so, but that means there's 1 player we can pick on. He's going to help make sure that all 11 guys on D know our O and how to defend it.

It's going to be tough next year. I don't think it's a great idea to give Poyer 8 figures a year with his age and our cap situation, and I'm lukewarm on Edmunds, but the reality is that this D is much better with them than without them. So, we will have to find a way to replace them while also upgrading the OL, and WR is a mess after Diggs.

Things change every season he won't make as big a difference as you might think.

Know your opponent and we know him that's all that's necessary.

We don't know what the reality is until we see the defense .... none of us can say that.

kgun12
03-03-2023, 10:55 AM
Op and Woodman both make good points, couple of thoughts. A good OC can use his knowledge of our offense against him with a good game plan, dummy looks and calls, and attack his weaknesses. His last two games with us were less than stellar, I think the wear and tear is catching up to him and I think Frazier’s defense helped cover up sone of his shortcomings, I’m not sure Miami’s will.

kgun12
03-03-2023, 11:03 AM

I look at this differently, with Edmunds lack of instincts and Poyer getting older, the Bills weren’t able to attack, instead had to try and keep everything in front of them and chase the ball. And in Edmunds case, I mean chase, lol!

Woodman
03-03-2023, 11:04 AM
I look at this differently, with Edmunds lack of instincts and Poyer getting older, the Bills weren’t able to attack, instead had to try and keep everything in front of them and chase the ball. And in Edmunds case, I mean chase, lol!

Unfortunately the case to a tee!

notacon
03-03-2023, 12:32 PM

He’s becoming as annoying as Aaron Rodgers.

Poyer is on the downside of his career (like Rodgers), and his big mouth makes him look like whiney child.

YardRat
03-13-2023, 04:19 PM
Cincinnati has to be in play right now, they lost both of their starters today.

Woodman
03-13-2023, 04:20 PM
But he was dreaming about :squish:

Night Train
03-13-2023, 04:30 PM

Reading his social media kid wifey is calling the shots...awesome.

That has the potential of a craptastic outcome.

Historian
03-13-2023, 04:32 PM
He'll be injured by October 1st.

He'll be cut at the end of the season.

His wife will divorce him within 18 months, claiming he's hitting the bottle again.

Ed
03-13-2023, 05:04 PM
It sounded like Poyer really wanted to go to Miami, but with them trading for Ramsey and taking on that huge cap hit, that seems a lot less likely now.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2023, 05:59 PM
Is the door closed for a return to Buffalo?

YardRat
03-13-2023, 06:19 PM

Probably not, I don't think he's really burned any bridges. But, we're only 7 hours into the tampering period, pretty sure somebody else will pony up something.

Ed
03-13-2023, 06:42 PM
I think he's made it clear he's looking for top dollar, so if that's the Bills then he'd have no reason not to come back. I still don't see it happening, but maybe with Edmunds leaving they'd be more willing to come to terms.

Historian
03-13-2023, 07:12 PM
Probably not, I don't think he's really burned any bridges. But, we're only 7 hours into the tampering period, pretty sure somebody else will pony up something.

Yea, some 4-13 team, lol

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2023, 07:12 PM
He will end up somewhere like Houston.

What’s to “win” but really only wants $$$$$

TacklingDummy
03-13-2023, 07:22 PM
He will end up somewhere like Houston.

What’s to “win” but really only wants $$$$$
I’m thinking Vegas.

Woodman
03-13-2023, 09:06 PM
It sounded like Poyer really wanted to go to Miami, but with them trading for Ramsey and taking on that huge cap hit, that seems a lot less likely now.

Maybe with monopoly money.

Woodman
03-13-2023, 09:18 PM
Jimmie Ward follows DeMeco Ryans to Houston - ProFootballTalk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/13/jimmie-ward-follows-demeco-ryans-to-houston/)

With safety Tashaun Gipson (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/8522/tashaun-gipson) staying in San Francisco, Jimmie Ward (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/11876/jimmie-ward) faced the prospect of once again playing slot cornerback. Instead, he’ll be playing for another team.
Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Ward will sign with the Texans. No terms have been reported.

Night Train
03-15-2023, 07:22 AM
So while driving my wifey to work this morning, the radio folks were stating Poyer and his wifey are basically begging the Fins to sign him via twitter.

:rolleyes:

swiper
03-15-2023, 07:29 AM
https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/bills-jordan-poyer-floats-dolphins-nfl-free-agency-possibility/

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2023, 07:32 AM
https://nypost.com/2023/02/27/bills-jordan-poyer-floats-dolphins-nfl-free-agency-possibility/

That's from 2 weeks ago

Mike13
03-15-2023, 08:24 AM
So while driving my wifey to work this morning, the radio folks were stating Poyer and his wifey are basically begging the Fins to sign him via twitter.

He's buddies with Tua so it makes sense.
Personally I would grab another LB or G and then find draft a TE and RB.

The Cap hit isnt as big as you might think. (http://Revised deal increases CB Jalen Ramsey's full guarantees by more than $30 million, while still creating $12.89 million in 2023 cap space for the Dolphins.)
Fins currently sitting at around $15 mil before the June 1st cut cap relief.

Woodman
03-15-2023, 09:04 AM

Very happy to hear it. :snicker:

Mike13
03-15-2023, 12:24 PM
Very happy to hear it. :snicker:

Then I guess you're disappointed that he's back?

TacklingDummy
03-15-2023, 12:42 PM

The answer is no.

Woodman
03-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Then I guess you're disappointed that he's back?
Nope he needed his head to be cleared.

Thanks Miami for showing him the light.

:squish:

Night Train
03-15-2023, 12:49 PM

I wonder if she's given him the Will Smith face slap after returning here. All her dreams are dashed.

Woodman
03-15-2023, 12:49 PM
The answer is no.

So the grass doesn't appear to be greener elsewhere.

Woodman
03-15-2023, 12:52 PM
I wonder if she's given him the Will Smith face slap after returning here. All her dreams are dashed.

She just didn't understand that silence is golden!