PDA

View Full Version : Josh Allen will be ready to roll

Woodman
03-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Brandon Beane- Josh Allen will be ready to roll for the offseason program - ProFootballTalk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/brandon-beane-josh-allen-will-be-ready-to-roll-for-the-offseason-program/)

Bills quarterback Josh Allen was dealing with an elbow injury suffered in the Week 14 victory over the Jets.

But as Allen mentioned after the season ended, his elbow did not require surgery — only rest and recovery (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/23/josh-allen-says-his-elbow-needs-rest-and-recovery-not-surgery/).

At his Combine press conference, Buffalo General Manager Brandon Beane was asked how healthy Allen was at the end of the season.

“Josh wasn’t perfect,” Beane said this week. “He takes hits and obviously the elbow, he had the setback against the Jets. But he’s a warrior, he’s not going to use it as an excuse.

“I think as the year progressed after that injury he was getting better and better. He was able to remove the brace that he had to wear for the first few weeks. No one’s 100 percent, though.”

Beane added that Allen is doing well now.

“I know he’s played golf a few times and he’s kind of hitting the reset [button],” Beane said. “But he’ll be ready to roll come this offseason [program].”

YardRat
03-02-2023, 05:34 PM
He better be working his ass off, especially film study of the mental part of his game. He regressed last season, and can't do it again...or even maintain the status quota. He needs to take the next step or two, and be much better.

Mace
03-02-2023, 05:43 PM
He started getting wobbly after tbe bye before tbe elbow. He wasn't the same coming out of the bye. If it wasn't physical.....

Joe Fo Sho
03-02-2023, 11:23 PM
I thought he hurt his elbow week 9 against the Jets.

Woodman
03-03-2023, 09:17 AM
I thought he hurt his elbow week 9 against the Jets.

He did.

Bill Cody
03-03-2023, 09:22 AM
He better be working his ass off, especially film study of the mental part of his game. He regressed last season, and can't do it again...or even maintain the status quota. He needs to take the next step or two, and be much better.

The Bills can help him by improving the OL and adding a power running back so Josh isn't taking more hits than any QB in the league

Woodman
03-03-2023, 09:24 AM
There's no substitute for preparation and when I say that I mean film film film tendency tendency tendency Josh needs that most of all ..... he has the god given down pat the finish comes in the head.

I think of Peyton Manning when it comes to total preparation.

To win it all you must give it all physical gifts :check:

Mental preparation is hard work and must be done .... there's NO :check: there YET!!

Joe Fo Sho
03-03-2023, 10:38 AM
The Bills can help him by improving the OL and adding a power running back so Josh isn't taking more hits than any QB in the league

Imagine Josh Allen having time to throw.

Woodman
03-03-2023, 10:39 AM
Imagine Josh Allen having time to throw.
That could get ugly in a huge way. :D

notacon
03-03-2023, 12:29 PM
Imagine Josh Allen with a dynamic running game via a quality RB like McDermott has been pinning for for several years, so Allen does not have to run the ball as much as he does, like is almost universal agreement even on this message board.....one of the few things we all agree on.

Bijan Robinson could be that RB.

Oaf
03-07-2023, 04:06 PM
Imagine Josh Allen with a dynamic running game via a quality RB like McDermott has been pinning for for several years, so Allen does not have to run the ball as much as he does, like is almost universal agreement even on this message board.....one of the few things we all agree on.

Bijan Robinson could be that RB.

So could a 4th rd pick or someone who goes undrafted. Happens every year.

Josh Allen sprained his UCL, which should've cost him games, because we had Quessenberry out there at RT for an injured/ineffective Spencer Brown. Tells me all I need to know!

notacon
03-08-2023, 01:47 PM
So could a 4th rd pick or someone who goes undrafted. Happens every year.

Josh Allen sprained his UCL, which should've cost him games, because we had Quessenberry out there at RT for an injured/ineffective Spencer Brown. Tells me all I need to know!
Sure...it could.

The Bills have tried several times recently to do exactly that....and have fell short every time. Singletary is not that guy and is almost assuredly gone. Zach Moss was close to worthless and is gone.

James Cook might be that guy, but every indication is that he is not a three down back. Hines is too expensive for what he brings to the table and is not, and never will be able to being a “dynamic running game” to the Bills. Neither is Cook.

So....instead of continually swinging and missing at trying to scour for the needle in the haystack of getting a RB that WILL have a chance to provide a “dynamic running game” to the Bills in the late rounds or an undrafted prospect, why not try for the (almost) sure thing?!?!?

It’s similar to hoping that you can get a franchise QB with the 199th pick like Tom Brady. It’s a foolish hope and prayer.

The Bills could get that RB in this draft, and still be able to bolster the O-line in both the draft and FA. In other words, the team can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Doing one smart move does not preclude others.

Woodman
03-09-2023, 10:05 AM
Sure...it could.

Doing one smart move does not preclude others.

No it doesn't :cheers:

Oaf
03-09-2023, 03:45 PM
Sure...it could.

The Bills have tried several times recently to do exactly that....and have fell short every time. Singletary is not that guy and is almost assuredly gone. Zach Moss was close to worthless and is gone.

No, they haven't. They've overinvested in RBs relative to production, spending three day two picks for middling results. James Cook was a second rd pick just last year and you're ready to spend a first rd pick on his replacement? You related to Najee Harris or something?

I believe the data says it's best to find quality RBs later in the draft / UDFAs. They say the opposite is true for QBs. I wonder what the case is for OL and WRs.

Borosai
03-13-2023, 06:42 PM
Allen needs an improved offensive line, an actual running game defenses need to plan for, and better coaching. But he also has to mature as a QB, and realize that playing smart to win games is more important than playing the way his instincts are telling him to react. Throw it away, take a sack, slide, etc. He's the ultimate football player, but he needs to learn to protect the ball, and only play like a wild man when the team really needs it. Until he figures that out, and can control himself, he needs an OC to help him. It seems Daboll helped a bit there, while Dorsey is as emotional and fiery as Allen (as we all saw). I hope he figures it out while he's still relatively healthy and not when he has no choice.