PDA

View Full Version : How Does Signing LM Affect Re-Signing AW???

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 09:07 PM
I have no knowledge of how the cap TRULY works. But I think it's important we lock up Winfield, if possible, this week. The deal with Milloy seems to be a lot, but how it folds into the cap is foreign to me.

Based on how you'd pay Winfield, do we have enough money to make it happen???

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 09:09 PM
I really don't think TD has any intention of signing Winfield any time soon. There are too many other CB's hitting the market next year which will drive the price down.

Slick
09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
The bar has been set.
Is Antoine worth 4 yrs, $15 million???
We'll see this year.

lordofgun
09-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Yes. HE's worth that, and he'll get even more. If not here, elsewhere.

BigMike68
09-03-2003, 09:24 PM
ESPN did a piece on next years corner market on SC today and from the sounds of it Winfeild is not the top dog, Charles Woodsen, Champ Bailey, and Chris McAllister are all better "lock-down" corners and would all compliment Nate better than Antoine. With how the saftey position works here (Milloy, Wire) we don't need a sure tackling CB as much as a ball hawking one. But one other thing that has to be looked at is that like Price last year TD can Tag and trade Winfeild for a 1st or 2nd round pick if he has/wants to, and we all know not to doubt anything TD can do if he wants it done.

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Okay, I get all this. But what I'm asking is...if we wanted to lock down Winfield, do we have enough money under the cap?

BigMike68
09-03-2003, 09:38 PM
YES, but to get th exact number go to the salery cap board and ask Clump or Ebenezer

juice
09-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Ty Law could factor in if Winfield doesn't sign on, he might jump at the chance to reunite with Milloy. :afro:

losman2evans
09-04-2003, 12:30 AM
i hope we resign winfield-although it is the thing of the past, i like for the team to stick together-
now that we have solid players- and winfield is solid

SABURZFAN
09-04-2003, 12:55 AM
it will have no affect at all.we should have the dough to re-sign winfield.that's if TD elects to re-sign him.