• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Just business, Nothing personal

Diggs is being cryptic…. so everyone really knows he wants more money. It’s what got him out of MN
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Just business, Nothing personal

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
    Diggs is being cryptic…. so everyone really knows he wants more money. It’s what got him out of MN
    He just his deal reworked a year ago. He’s being paid fair market value
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

He just got more money.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Unfortunately, this is his M. O.! Damn this better not turn ugly.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

He's just a malcontent who will cause issues if he is not seeing an enormous amount of balls every week which, frankly, he has been getting for three years. If it starts turning into a situation where Allen needs to worry about not only about executing the gameplan, but also making sure Diggs is pacified each week, that's not good. Who knows, that could already be the case.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

It's not about the amount of balls he's getting. He wants to win (the SB) and gets pissed when it seems like others aren't doing what needs to be done to make that happen.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

***Let me start out with, I know this is all speculation and for this team’s futures I am praying that it’s not true, BUT!!!***

If any of this is true, he needs to go! It’s hard enough to win a SB with a great locker room ask Philly. We’ve all dealt with that person at work. They are no fun to work with or be around. As a manager I’ve dealt with my share. I can tell you in the early stages as a manager I tired being a nice guy trying to sorta coddle them, it didn’t or doesn’t work in almost all cases. Lying down the law and not backing down is the only thing that worked. Working for the federal government and the workforce having a very strong union much like the NFL made things even tougher. In all cases it was important to get the union onboard, the best part is the malcontent usually made this pretty easy! Like the NFL, firing wasn’t an option and it took years to get someone fired, in the NFL, the cap prevents this.

Again, this is all speculation at this point but if any of this is true, I go to Chicago, Houston, or any of the top 10 and see just how much i can get for him. His talents are great but if true, his distraction will be greater!
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

He's fine.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

He wouldn't have signed last year for more money if he wanted out.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                    ***Let me start out with, I know this is all speculation and for this team’s futures I am praying that it’s not true, BUT!!!***

If any of this is true, he needs to go! It’s hard enough to win a SB with a great locker room ask Philly. We’ve all dealt with that person at work. They are no fun to work with or be around. As a manager I’ve dealt with my share. I can tell you in the early stages as a manager I tired being a nice guy trying to sorta coddle them, it didn’t or doesn’t work in almost all cases. Lying down the law and not backing down is the only thing that worked. Working for the federal government and the workforce having a very strong union much like the NFL made things even tougher. In all cases it was important to get the union onboard, the best part is the malcontent usually made this pretty easy! Like the NFL, firing wasn’t an option and it took years to get someone fired, in the NFL, the cap prevents this.

Again, this is all speculation at this point but if any of this is true, I go to Chicago, Houston, or any of the top 10 and see just how much i can get for him. His talents are great but if true, his distraction will be greater!
                    But if we trade him it would trigger a cap hit of $34M. To me that makes this a non-starter, even if he is unhappy and causing problems. He's here for 2023.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                      He's fine.
                      Agreed. I think he's just talking about other free agents like Poyer and Edmunds. There is going to be a lot of player movement in the next week and I'm sure Diggs in the loop on some of his teammates and other players leanings. Like he said, don't take it personally.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

He's doing exactly what he was doing in Minnesota.

Minnesota won that trade and it's not even close.

Shipped out a malcontent and got an even better receiver.

Comment

• Skooby
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                          He wouldn't have signed last year for more money if he wanted out.
                          Like Diva Aaron Rodgers, right ??

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

It’s amazing on how quickly some Bills “fans” turn on some players. Wow.

Diggs was not a “malcontent” on the Vikings and they did not "won that trade and it's not even close”.

If having the burning desire to win a Super Bowl and expressing the extreme disappointment in not obtaining that goal (when they could and probably should have) is deemed being a “malcontent”....then I want more malcontents like Diggs on my team.

What’s interesting about his tweet, it’s really the opposite of how he took the loss in this year’s playoffs. Seems to me like it WAS “personal” for him and the players that see the NFL (and playing for their team) as “just business” are the ones he may be talking about.

In other words, I suspect that what some fans think he is try to say is not what he actually IS saying.

We’ll see soon enough.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

images.jpg

NOT YET!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X