PDA

View Full Version : Just business, Nothing personal

Skooby
03-08-2023, 09:29 AM
Diggs is being cryptic…. so everyone really knows he wants more money. It’s what got him out of MN

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-08-2023, 09:49 AM
Diggs is being cryptic…. so everyone really knows he wants more money. It’s what got him out of MN
He just his deal reworked a year ago. He’s being paid fair market value

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2023, 09:49 AM
He just got more money.

kgun12
03-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, this is his M. O.! Damn this better not turn ugly.

Thurmal
03-08-2023, 10:57 AM
He's just a malcontent who will cause issues if he is not seeing an enormous amount of balls every week which, frankly, he has been getting for three years. If it starts turning into a situation where Allen needs to worry about not only about executing the gameplan, but also making sure Diggs is pacified each week, that's not good. Who knows, that could already be the case.

Jeff1220
03-08-2023, 11:56 AM
It's not about the amount of balls he's getting. He wants to win (the SB) and gets pissed when it seems like others aren't doing what needs to be done to make that happen.

kgun12
03-08-2023, 12:07 PM
***Let me start out with, I know this is all speculation and for this team’s futures I am praying that it’s not true, BUT!!!***

If any of this is true, he needs to go! It’s hard enough to win a SB with a great locker room ask Philly. We’ve all dealt with that person at work. They are no fun to work with or be around. As a manager I’ve dealt with my share. I can tell you in the early stages as a manager I tired being a nice guy trying to sorta coddle them, it didn’t or doesn’t work in almost all cases. Lying down the law and not backing down is the only thing that worked. Working for the federal government and the workforce having a very strong union much like the NFL made things even tougher. In all cases it was important to get the union onboard, the best part is the malcontent usually made this pretty easy! Like the NFL, firing wasn’t an option and it took years to get someone fired, in the NFL, the cap prevents this.

Again, this is all speculation at this point but if any of this is true, I go to Chicago, Houston, or any of the top 10 and see just how much i can get for him. His talents are great but if true, his distraction will be greater!

Oaf
03-08-2023, 12:10 PM
He's fine.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
He wouldn't have signed last year for more money if he wanted out.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2023, 01:14 PM
***Let me start out with, I know this is all speculation and for this team’s futures I am praying that it’s not true, BUT!!!***

If any of this is true, he needs to go! It’s hard enough to win a SB with a great locker room ask Philly. We’ve all dealt with that person at work. They are no fun to work with or be around. As a manager I’ve dealt with my share. I can tell you in the early stages as a manager I tired being a nice guy trying to sorta coddle them, it didn’t or doesn’t work in almost all cases. Lying down the law and not backing down is the only thing that worked. Working for the federal government and the workforce having a very strong union much like the NFL made things even tougher. In all cases it was important to get the union onboard, the best part is the malcontent usually made this pretty easy! Like the NFL, firing wasn’t an option and it took years to get someone fired, in the NFL, the cap prevents this.

Again, this is all speculation at this point but if any of this is true, I go to Chicago, Houston, or any of the top 10 and see just how much i can get for him. His talents are great but if true, his distraction will be greater!

But if we trade him it would trigger a cap hit of $34M. To me that makes this a non-starter, even if he is unhappy and causing problems. He's here for 2023.

Ed
03-08-2023, 01:20 PM
He's fine.
Agreed. I think he's just talking about other free agents like Poyer and Edmunds. There is going to be a lot of player movement in the next week and I'm sure Diggs in the loop on some of his teammates and other players leanings. Like he said, don't take it personally.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2023, 01:47 PM
He's doing exactly what he was doing in Minnesota.

Minnesota won that trade and it's not even close.

Shipped out a malcontent and got an even better receiver.

Skooby
03-08-2023, 02:22 PM

Like Diva Aaron Rodgers, right ??

notacon
03-08-2023, 02:27 PM
It’s amazing on how quickly some Bills “fans” turn on some players. Wow.

Diggs was not a “malcontent” on the Vikings and they did not "won that trade and it's not even close”.

If having the burning desire to win a Super Bowl and expressing the extreme disappointment in not obtaining that goal (when they could and probably should have) is deemed being a “malcontent”....then I want more malcontents like Diggs on my team.

What’s interesting about his tweet, it’s really the opposite of how he took the loss in this year’s playoffs. Seems to me like it WAS “personal” for him and the players that see the NFL (and playing for their team) as “just business” are the ones he may be talking about.

In other words, I suspect that what some fans think he is try to say is not what he actually IS saying.

We’ll see soon enough.

Woodman
03-08-2023, 02:30 PM

NOT YET!!

kgun12
03-08-2023, 03:25 PM

All was good when he signed the extension, we lost a close game against KC, we were the odds on favorite to win the SB and he loved “his quarterback”. Not the same game yelling at “his quarterback” at the end of the Bengals game and running out of the facility.

kgun12
03-08-2023, 03:29 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/09/stefon-diggs-admits-he-became-a-bad-teammate-when-he-wanted-to-leave-minnesota/

https://thevikingage.com/2020/12/14/stefon-diggs-admits-minnesota-vikings/

https://theathletic.com/3837265/2022/11/12/stefon-diggs-trade-bills-vikings/

Just facts, no opinions and from the horses mouth!

“ Stefon Diggs admits he “became a bad teammate” when he wanted to leave Minnesota”

Ed
03-08-2023, 04:49 PM
Diggs sent this tweet soon after Adam Schefter tweeted that Poyer and Edmunds are likely to not be back with Buffalo.

kgun12
03-08-2023, 06:42 PM
Diggs sent this tweet soon after Adam Schefter tweeted that Poyer and Edmunds are likely to not be back with Buffalo.

Adam Schefter said the same thing today in NFL Live.

Goobylal
03-08-2023, 06:51 PM
What tweet?

Frenchman
03-08-2023, 07:00 PM
Really hope they can keep every single player intact. Need them for a championship.

kgun12
03-08-2023, 07:26 PM
What tweet?

Shef said especially in Edmunds case he was eager to test free agency.

Goobylal
03-08-2023, 08:09 PM

Saw that a couple weeks ago and not surprising as I'm sure he's looking for way more than the Bills want to pay. And looking around, Diggs tweeted the title of this thread after Schefty said Poyer and Edmunds were likely to leave.

jamze132
03-09-2023, 04:41 AM
He just wants to win a ring. And if he feels he’s not going to accomplish that because of shortcomings on our team, he’ll want to go somewhere else where he have a shot.

Honestly, we’re not far off and with a nastier defense, we could have probably been to the last couple of Super Bowls.

The window is closing and I think OBD finally realizes it.

Mr. Pink
03-09-2023, 11:52 AM
[/COLOR]If having the burning desire to win a Super Bowl and expressing the [COLOR=#333333]extreme disappointment in not obtaining that goal (when they could and probably should have) is deemed being a “malcontent”....then I want more malcontents like Diggs on my team.

And I would rather have Justin Jefferson on my team. A guy who is a better receiver, doesn't pout and doesn't throw a tirade against his QB. Oh, and he's younger as well.

But we all know you know jack about football, so go post more about drafting a RB in round 1 or parroting the same two articles that says Edmunds is good.

Goobylal
03-09-2023, 12:03 PM
And I would rather have Justin Jefferson on my team. A guy who is a better receiver, doesn't pout and doesn't throw a tirade against his QB. Oh, and he's younger as well.

But we all know you know jack about football, so go post more about drafting a RB in round 1 or parroting the same two articles that says Edmunds is good.

Give him time...

kgun12
03-09-2023, 12:07 PM
But if we trade him it would trigger a cap hit of $34M. To me that makes this a non-starter, even if he is unhappy and causing problems. He's here for 2023.

Can someone please explain this to me, is it because we extended him, I don’t understand? Thanks.

Oaf
03-09-2023, 07:37 PM
He just wants to win a ring. And if he feels he’s not going to accomplish that because of shortcomings on our team, he’ll want to go somewhere else where he have a shot.

Honestly, we’re not far off and with a nastier defense, we could have probably been to the last couple of Super Bowls.

The window is closing and I think OBD finally realizes it.

I'm sure Moulds wanted out too and Diggs is the best WR we've had since Moulds. Great players want their team to be great when it counts. He's frustrated like we are.

Typ0
03-09-2023, 08:19 PM
I'm sure Moulds wanted out too and Diggs is the best WR we've had since Moulds. Great players want their team to be great when it counts. He's frustrated like we are.

Tough ****. It is very much a me play. **** him and his frustration just because he is good doesn't mean he is more frustrated than anyone else. Allen was going through that **** too as he was sitting there getting yelled at.

DraftBoy
03-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Tough ****. It is very much a me play. **** him and his frustration just because he is good doesn't mean he is more frustrated than anyone else. Allen was going through that **** too as he was sitting there getting yelled at.

He’s the QB, that’s part of the job.

YardRat
03-10-2023, 06:18 AM
Can someone please explain this to me, is it because we extended him, I don’t understand? Thanks.

He signed an extension last season with a $21.5 million dollar signing bonus, and a guaranteed $16 million dollar option bonus that triggers between 3/15 and 3/21 of this month. If he is here in April and then gets cut or traded, all of the amortized bonus money (17.2 remaining from the signing bonus and all 16 of the option) gets pulled forward into this year ('23) in one lump. I believe his overall dead cap would actually be closer to $45 million (at least according to spotrac) if that happens.

kgun12
03-10-2023, 12:19 PM
He signed an extension last season with a $21.5 million dollar signing bonus, and a guaranteed $16 million dollar option bonus that triggers between 3/15 and 3/21 of this month. If he is here in April and then gets cut or traded, all of the amortized bonus money (17.2 remaining from the signing bonus and all 16 of the option) gets pulled forward into this year ('23) in one lump. I believe his overall dead cap would actually be closer to $45 million (at least according to spotrac) if that happens.

Thanks! So you said it tiggers between the 15-21, so does that mean that if he was trade during that timeframe the money wouldn’t count against the Bills cap or still would?

***I guess I better add this*** I’m not advocating for him to be traded if these reports of him beginning to be bone an issue aren’t true!!! I was asking because I was trying to understand the cap rules.

swiper
03-10-2023, 12:26 PM

Bye-bye. Garbage out.

swiper
03-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Saw that a couple weeks ago and not surprising as I'm sure he's looking for way more than the Bills want to pay. And looking around, Diggs tweeted the title of this thread after Schefty said Poyer and Edmunds were likely to leave.

Both can be replaced via draft or free agency. Edmunds never lived up to his billings. And while Poyer certainly did, his 2022 injuries make you doubt that he'll ever be what he was before. Time to move on from both. Put the money to good use in replacing them.

kgun12
03-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Both can be replaced via draft or free agency. Edmunds never lived up to his billings. And while Poyer certainly did, his 2022 injuries make you doubt that he'll ever be what he was before. Time to move on from both. Put the money to good use in replacing them.

You would have to believe if they are going to let both leave they have a plan, don’t you?

swiper
03-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Yes. Agreed.

notacon
03-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Micah Hyde was on Good Morning Football (filling in one of the regular hosts) yesterday and today. I have not watched today’s show yet (I record them)....but he was fantastic contributor on yesterday’s show.

He looks like he has a career on the screen after his playing days.

Not in the clip below (it’s edited) he talks briefly about Edmunds and Poyer and the FA situation, and expresses the hope that they both come back, but realizes the business part of the game.

They are both highly valued players and teammates, that will be very difficult to replace...especially Edmunds, who is an extremely good MLB who has many years of prime playing time ahead of him. The Bills will do the team right if they find a way to keep Edmunds.

This is (part of) one segment they did about the Bills. Including his comments on Diggs which make a lot more sense than the immediate knee-jerk reaction crap that is thrown on him by some “fans".

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfbWl4ZWRfbWVkaWFfMTU4OTciOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidHJlYXRtZW50IiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19leHBlcmltZW50c19jb29raWVfZXhwaXJhdGlvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOjEyMDk2MDAsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZHVwbGljYXRlX3Njcml iZXNfdG9fc2V0dGluZ3MiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3ZpZGVvX2hsc19keW5hbWljX21hbmlmZXN0c18xNTA4MiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ0cnVlX2JpdHJhdGUiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2xlZ2FjeV90aW1lbGluZV9zdW5zZXQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijp0cnVlLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3R3ZWV0X2VkaXRfZnJvbnRlbmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfX0%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1633809620547559424&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D262696&sessionId=ac4f99604aa25b7eb8d040407bef94b1e5833440&theme=light&widgetsVersion=aaf4084522e3a%3A1674595607486&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1633809620547559424" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 648px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Typ0
03-10-2023, 04:11 PM
He’s the QB, that’s part of the job.

So putting up with someone's narcissism is in his contract?

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 05:09 PM
So putting up with someone's narcissism is in his contract?

Inherently? Yes.

If you don’t like it then either don’t play QB or play it at a level of Manning or Brady where nobody can approach you with disdain or angst.

kgun12
03-10-2023, 05:24 PM
Inherently? Yes.

If you don’t like it then either don’t play QB or play it at a level of Manning or Brady where nobody can approach you with disdain or angst.

Where the hell do you come up with this drivel, seriously do you actually believe the stuff you say?

BTW, still waiting for your insightful thoughts on Hyde!

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 06:01 PM
Where the hell do you come up with this drivel, seriously do you actually believe the stuff you say?

BTW, still waiting for your insightful thoughts on Hyde!

You don’t think leaders or franchise players should be held to a higher level of accountability?

kgun12
03-10-2023, 06:27 PM
You don’t think leaders or franchise players should be held to a higher level of accountability?

Sure, if what Diggs did at the end of the Bengals game was the first incident, but Diggs started this earlier in the season and it progressed and his issues go way past Allen’s purview now. What he did in public at the end of the Bengals game and after in the locker room falls directly on the shoulders of McBeane. If I were Allen and he talked to me like like that at the end after a horrible loss, I would have dropped him right there on the sideline. However Diggs history in Minnesota and now here is a behavior issue that administrations have let happen and they need to correct.

A leaders job is on the field not off field issues like this.

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 06:40 PM
Sure, if what Diggs did at the end of the Bengals game was the first incident, but Diggs started this earlier in the season and it progressed and his issues go way past Allen’s purview now. What he did in public at the end of the Bengals game and after in the locker room falls directly on the shoulders of McBeane. If I were Allen and he talked to me like like that at the end after a horrible loss, I would have dropped him right there on the sideline. However Diggs history in Minnesota and now here is a behavior issue that administrations have let happen and they need to correct.

A leaders job is on the field not off field issues like this.

Not one single leader that is worth anything would ever agree with or believe that last sentence.

kgun12
03-10-2023, 06:59 PM
I coached for over 25 years from little league to high school, I have 18 years in management, I have always given the players/workforce a chance to handle a malcontent with peer pressure. If the issue continues then I had the supervisor handle it if they couldn’t then the manager steps in. We I jumped immediately is when the player/employee embarrasses the team or organization publicly. Diggs not only embarrassed the team but demeaned Josh in front of the team and public. Here the big if, if Diggs would have done this behind close doors and out of the spotlight then I let and expect Josh and the team captains handle this. But besides what I’ve already said, going on social media opening talking about a trade is not Allen’s responsibility.

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 07:06 PM
I coached for over 25 years from little league to high school, I have 18 years in management, I have always given the players/workforce a chance to handle a malcontent with peer pressure. If the issue continues then I had the supervisor handle it if they couldn’t then the manager steps in. We I jumped immediately is when the player/employee embarrasses the team or organization publicly. Diggs not only embarrassed the team but demeaned Josh in front of the team and public. Here the big if, if Diggs would have done this behind close doors and out of the spotlight then I let and expect Josh and the team captains handle this. But besides what I’ve already said, going on social media opening talking about a trade is not Allen’s responsibility.

That’s great, but this isn’t about the managerial procedures on how to handle a workplace issue. Nor is there any comparison between HS and pro ball, which you know as well.

For the record I’d love to have the conversation about managerial procedures, just need to move that to the Twilight Zone since it’s not germane here.

Typ0
03-10-2023, 07:42 PM
it is all about the same ****....people. And you are off base DraftBoy having your leaders running around *****ing everyone out with the doors open is culture destruction. That is not leadership in the cub scouts or on a professional football team all it says is you have the wrong leaders.

Typ0
03-10-2023, 07:43 PM
Inherently? Yes.

Only in a poorly managed culture that lacks boundaries and discipline.

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 08:14 PM
it is all about the same ****....people. And you are off base DraftBoy having your leaders running around *****ing everyone out with the doors open is culture destruction. That is not leadership in the cub scouts or on a professional football team all it says is you have the wrong leaders.

I honestly don’t know what you are saying here. I think you have a few thoughts that just ran together.

DraftBoy
03-10-2023, 08:15 PM
Only in a poorly managed culture that lacks boundaries and discipline.

You’re not gong to confuse me with somebody who thinks this team is incredibly well run or disciplined right now. But that has nothing to do with Diggs or really Allen.

Typ0
03-10-2023, 10:51 PM
You’re not gong to confuse me with somebody who thinks this team is incredibly well run or disciplined right now. But that has nothing to do with Diggs or really Allen.

Yes it does....just another example of the collateral damage to throw in the coffers.

tonyc37
03-11-2023, 01:11 AM
He just his deal reworked a year ago. He’s being paid fair market value

He was 2 years into a big deal with the Vikings when he wanted out.That’s how we got him

kgun12
03-14-2023, 11:07 AM

All you cap experts explain this, I’m confused!

So if this is true for Diggs how the heck is GB able to move Rodgers, if they do? His dead cap is $99.7 million!