X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Restructures and other cap-related roster moves

Shouldn't that stuff be happening by now? I.e. restructuing Josh, Von, and perhaps others, releasing McKenzie, and otherwise maneuvering to get under the cap and create the space we need to do some business next week?

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. Releasing McKenzie was intended as an example. He may be someone they keep on the roster until when/if there's a clear better option.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Restructures and other cap-related roster moves

Funny, I was talking to my son this morning wondering the same thing!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I don't think anything can be done until the official start of the season, which is March 15th I think

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

All teams have to be cap compliant by the start of the season, which is March 15th. Guess Brandon will be working this weekend.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Everyone’s favorite Bills beat writer, Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic has published his Bills mock offseason, that details how they can become cap compliant and proceed through FA and the draft.

Of course, the Edmunds hates are not going to like it since it mocks the Bills extending Edmunds (which is the VERY smart move to do). Here is edited version of the FA part of his 2023 offseason mock....

Bills mock offseason 2023, Part 1: Charting Buffalo’s course through free agency and more

Don’t post the paywall protected content in full. ~DB
          Last edited by DraftBoy; 03-10-2023, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            I don't think anything can be done until the official start of the season, which is March 15th I think
            Actually they have to get at or under the cap before 4:00 PM on the 15th.

End/Start of League Year. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2023 on all players who have option clauses in their 2022 contracts.
            Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
            Prior* to* 4:00* p.m.,* New* York* time,* clubs* must* submit* a* Minimum* Salary* Tender* to* retain* exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2022 contracts who have fewer than three Accrued Seasons of free agency credit

Top 51 Rule is in effect. All clubs must be under the 2023 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time. All 2022 NFL player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
            The 2023 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
            The first day of the 2023 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15. Clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the League office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Yes....we'd all take comfort in Darnold trotting out onto the field if Allen goes down. That's a ridiculous thought.

Comment

• swiper
                • Sep 2010

ROFL @ Joe Buscaglia. Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

It's happening all over the league right now.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

The Bills should look into signing Punt God.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Chargers restructure Keenan Allen, Mike Williams contracts - ProFootballTalk

Jets clear cap space with C.J. Uzomah restructure - ProFootballTalk

Dolphins restructure Terron Armstead's contract - ProFootballTalk 2

Cardinals restructure D.J. Humphries contract - ProFootballTalk

Dolphins clear cap space with Bradley Chubb restructure - ProFootballTalk

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                        ROFL @ Joe Buscaglia. Stupid is as stupid does.
                        Took the words right out of my mouth! I was listening to the Bills game, I think it was the Browns game where they were throwing snowballs. He got hit with one and I swear he was going to cry! He said something like, I was just hit with a snowball this really needs to stop that hurt, lol. I mean he was almost crying!
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

I've been a little surprised too that it's been so quiet this week. I expected at least a couple obvious restructures to be done like Josh and Von, but maybe it's a pretty easy formality that they already have set up or in the works.

I'm wondering if maybe they're waiting until Monday to see if they're able to come to terms with a few key players before finalizing some of their decisions on contract restructures and cuts.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            I've been a little surprised too that it's been so quiet this week. I expected at least a couple obvious restructures to be done like Josh and Von, but maybe it's a pretty easy formality that they already have set up or in the works.

I'm wondering if maybe they're waiting until Monday to see if they're able to come to terms with a few key players before finalizing some of their decisions on contract restructures and cuts.
                            That could be.
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              Everyone’s favorite Bills beat writer, Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic has published his Bills mock offseason, that details how they can become cap compliant and proceed through FA and the draft.

Of course, the Edmunds hates are not going to like it since it mocks the Bills extending Edmunds (which is the VERY smart move to do). Here is edited version of the FA part of his 2023 offseason mock....

Bills mock offseason 2023, Part 1: Charting Buffalo’s course through free agency and more

Don’t post the paywall protected content in full. ~DB
                              I did not "post the paywall protected content in full.” I purposely edited a substantial amount of it to stay within TOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X