PDA

View Full Version : This may sound ridiculous, but we missed out with darnold this offseason

Cali512
03-13-2023, 05:45 PM
He just signed with the 49ers as their 3rd string. With his connection to allen, along with his similar style. He wouldve been a good backup to have on the roster. Couldve gotten him to a 2-3 year contract, he couldve grown with allen, and wouldve been a good backup to have just in case. Big thing is he can do the power runs like allen

Now, ill let this thread be something more. Who should we sign?

I would look at mitch again if hes cut, i would think about Baker, i would like to have a backup who can move around and be in that age group

I liked keenum, but the little i saw from him, it was not good at all

Whos y'all's pick?

YardRat
03-13-2023, 05:50 PM
Don't want Darnold.

I wanted to bring in Mariota last season, now that he's a FA again I'll put him back on the list.

Novacane
03-13-2023, 05:50 PM
Mariota

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2023, 07:12 PM
Lol

No

He’s a trash can

I’d rather have Tyrod back

Historian
03-13-2023, 07:14 PM
This needs to go to spam....

DraftBoy
03-13-2023, 08:19 PM
I’d rather Zach Wilson, at least he’d have an off the field story to follow.

Woodman
03-13-2023, 09:04 PM
Jacoby Brissett

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2023, 09:17 PM
This is how you should start all your thread titles from now on. lol

Mr. Pink
03-13-2023, 09:30 PM
Late round rookie would be fine.

We don't need a vet anymore to help Allen along as he has already arrived.

So go out and in like the 6th pick a guy with some potential to learn behind Allen for 3 seasons.

Woodman
03-13-2023, 09:31 PM
Well Sonja Henie is out.

Cali512
03-13-2023, 10:36 PM
This is how you should start all your thread titles from now on. lol

have you read my sig. Im pretty upfront about it

notacon
03-14-2023, 01:56 PM
He just signed with the 49ers as their 3rd string. With his connection to allen, along with his similar style. He wouldve been a good backup to have on the roster. Couldve gotten him to a 2-3 year contract, he couldve grown with allen, and wouldve been a good backup to have just in case. Big thing is he can do the power runs like allen

Now, ill let this thread be something more. Who should we sign?

I would look at mitch again if hes cut, i would think about Baker, i would like to have a backup who can move around and be in that age group

I liked keenum, but the little i saw from him, it was not good at all

Whos y'all's pick?

No, it’s not “ridiculous” at all. Joe B. suggested it in his 2023 Mock Offseason (https://theathletic.com/4285006/2023/03/09/buffalo-bills-offseason-free-agency/). He mocked a one year contract for $3.5M. SanFran made him a substantially better offer according to NFL.com (https://www.nfl.com/news/sam-darnold-49ers-agree-to-terms-on-one-year-deal)....

“The contract has a base value of $4.5 million with $3.5 million guaranteed and can be worth up to $11.5 million with play-time, playoffs, wins and passer rating incentives, per Pelissero.”

Who knows who they are thinking of signing. The price has to be right. Maybe Jacoby Brissett???

Saratoga Slim
03-14-2023, 02:22 PM
$4.5m/year might be worth paying to a backup QB if you have Trey Lance and Mr. Irrelevant hanging out together in the physical therapy lounge. But in our current cap situation that's not really a luxury we can afford. If Jacoby Brisset or Marcus Mariota can be had for half that, I'm cool with one of them.