Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Allen and Von Restructured - Creates $32M in Cap Space

Per ESPN Alert
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • BLUTO
    • Mar 2017

Re: Allen and Von Restructured - Creates $32M in Cap Space

Wonderful News!!

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

MLB here we come!

Either going to be Wagner or David. We’ll draft one on the first or second.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I would have held off on Von until I absolutely had to.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I would have held off on Von until I absolutely had to.
          How else were they going to get under the cap? I don’t see them actually trading Oliver or cutting Morse.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            How else were they going to get under the cap? I don’t see them actually trading Oliver or cutting Morse.
            It created $32 million in cap space. So they didn’t need to do Von’s. Besides there were other contract that could have been redone.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

That's good. Some reservations about Von, but the reality is we're 100% tied to him for two years, so might as well double down on that so we have the $$ to maximize the window we hoped to capitalize on by signing him.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                It created $32 million in cap space. So they didn’t need to do Von’s. Besides there were other contract that could have been redone.
                It's quite possible they've got some things lined up but as yet unannounced that DO require the cap space created by restructuring Von. Just speculating, but if they were going to restructure Von without a specific deal/deals in mind, they would've probably done it last week. Waiting until Monday night of the first day of legal tampering suggests that they now need the flexibility to close deals they're in on.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

They don’t get to $32 without Von’s re-work.

Ok, like who? Bills we’re $16M over coming into today and added $4M in cap hit with McGovern. They need money for replacements and rookies, so who are we re-working to make that space if not Von?
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                    It's quite possible they've got some things lined up but as yet unannounced that DO require the cap space created by restructuring Von. Just speculating, but if they were going to restructure Von without a specific deal/deals in mind, they would've probably done it last week. Waiting until Monday night of the first day of legal tampering suggests that they now need the flexibility to close deals they're in on.
                    Interesting take on it.

OBJ

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe we’re reading this differently.

Im reading it as the Bills are now approximately $12 million under the cap, not $32. They were -$16 coming in and added $4 to the cap in McGovern. Which makes $32 - $20 = $12.

If they cleared out to $32M in space then that’s even more awesome.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Ok, like who? Bills we’re $16M over coming into today and added $4M in cap hit with McGovern. They need money for replacements and rookies, so who are we re-working to make that space if not Von?
                        I’ll defer to clump, I’m not that knowledgeable about the cap. I just know with Miller’s age I wouldn’t go there.

Milano's extension was a great move because it not only saved cap space but also brought him up to the level of Pro Bowl LBs

Do NOT restructure Diggs - leave his deal alone

Do NOT restructure Dawkins - same

TRADE Ed Oliver - saves $10,753,000

Taron Johnson: Save a little a little more than $4 million by dropping his salary to $1.25 million and also converting roster bonus (add 3 years to deal)

Nyheim Hines: Same as Settle - pay cut with added incentives. Save over $1 million

Tre'Davious White: Simple restructure (include roster bonus) with additional year added saves about $6.75 million

Release McKenzie: saves about $2.1 million

That's $24,603,000 than add Settle's and Milano's savings = about $31 million

Allen's simple restructure - $21 million

Miller's roster bonus conversion - $10,808,000

Approximately $63 million total thus far
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I got to $31.5 million under without touching Von or Milano.

Under Contract---37---(reserve/future)---13 QB--Allen (Barkley) RB--Cook, Hines FB--Gilliam WR--Diggs, Davis, McKenzie,Shakir, Coulter (KS.Johnson, D.Patmon) TE--Knox, Morris (Z.Davidson) C--Morse G--Bates, OT--Dawkins, Doyle, Brown OL--(A.Anderson, G.Mancz, R.Van Demark) DT--Oliver, Jones, Settle (E.Ankou, C.Broughton, B

Miller only gains $10.9, they could have grabbed that a number of other ways, especially considering they already got more than halfway there with Milano, who I didn't touch.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Report- Bills restructure contracts of Josh Allen, Von Miller - ProFootballTalk

The only link I could find.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I got to $31.5 million under without touching Von or Milano.

Under Contract---37---(reserve/future)---13 QB--Allen (Barkley) RB--Cook, Hines FB--Gilliam WR--Diggs, Davis, McKenzie,Shakir, Coulter (KS.Johnson, D.Patmon) TE--Knox, Morris (Z.Davidson) C--Morse G--Bates, OT--Dawkins, Doyle, Brown OL--(A.Anderson, G.Mancz, R.Van Demark) DT--Oliver, Jones, Settle (E.Ankou, C.Broughton, B

Miller only gains $10.9, they could have grabbed that a number of other ways, especially considering they already got more than halfway there with Milano, who I didn't touch.
                              I can’t see them trading Oliver, it doesn’t gain them anything at this point.

DT market is already picked over in FA and you miss out on possibly his best year for far less than he’s probably worth.

Hard pass on your scenario.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X