• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Brandon Beane Presser

Beane spoke at length Thursday afternoon about the free agent signings, how the deal got done to keep Poyer and what's next for Buffalo's roster

Explained things fairly well yesterday. More to come.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Brandon Beane Presser

All in all, I don't really have a problem with these moves, in fact they're what I kind of expected given the cap situation.

Small, middle of the road talent signings.

Keep in mind, we're not the Jets, or the fish.

We were 14-4, we don't need to overhaul our roster, and cross our fingers for luck.

All we need are a few pieces, which are now down to wide receiver, and linebacker, and there is still the draft next month.

And we're still three time division champs until one of these chumps knocks us off.

/end rant.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

We need to hit on this draft ..... been saying that too long!

We gotta play rookies now more than ever.

If our current scouting staff can't find em hire better scouts.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        All in all, I don't really have a problem with these moves, in fact they're what I kind of expected given the cap situation.

We were 14-4, we don't need to overhaul our roster, and cross our fingers for luck.

All we need are a few pieces, which are now down to wide receiver, and linebacker, and there is still the draft next month.

And we're still three time division champs until one of these chumps knocks us off.

/end rant.
        Eh.

This team was not the same after the bye. There were few convincing wins. Then, when we got to the playoffs, we nearly lost to Miami's 3rd string QB, then got smoked by the Bengals. This team is very good and can compete in the regular season, but they are missing a lot of pieces to compete with the elite in the playoffs. And there's no cap space to add them.

We need a perfect draft to have a real shot at a title.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

They need O-line. Draft Interior O-line with every pick if necessary.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

We probably aren't competing for a title this year. The priority should be to protect Josh's health for future success, at all costs. Midget WR's don't count.
            Last edited by sahlensguy; 03-17-2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

/end rant.
              What I will be most curious to see it not this new, coming draft class, but rather the 2022 draft class. I'm curious to see if they mature into solid contributors. A lot of expectations on them to produce. I recall feeling the same about Epenesa in his year #2 and being disappointed. Similarly with Rousseau & Basham. Hope springs eternal, I guess.

Rousseau, at least, looked good when Von Miller was on the opposite side. He did not look the same with Miller out though.
              Last edited by swiper; 03-17-2023, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

I know what he said, but with guys like Miller, Hyde, Poyer, a few others getting long in the tooth, the window isn’t open much longer for this group. Restructure a few more contracts, go get Wagner and another quality OL or DL, then draft both sides of the line in the first several rounds and if the next MLB is there take ‘em. We also need several players step up, Davis and Rousseau. We have to hope White, Hyde, Poyer and especially Miller come back 100% and hope last year’s injury bug is dead!

That’s a lot of if and hopes!
                Last edited by kgun12; 03-17-2023, 12:37 PM.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Historian
                  • Dec 2002

I guess my point is this:

We were 14-4 last year, and I believe we just got better at Guard, 3rd wide receiver, and backup quarterback.

I think a lot depends on Hyde's health.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

I guess my point is this:

We were 14-4 last year, and I believe we just got better at Guard, 3rd wide receiver, and backup quarterback.

I think a lot depends on Hyde's health.
                    I see what you mean, the only thing we lost from the end of the year is a MLB. You know my opinion of Edmunds, but the sad reality is we don’t even have anyone to match his play on the roster right now. The rest of the players coming back are added bonuses for us.
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Historian
                      • Dec 2002

There are still guys out there, and there is always the draft.

Hell, any warm body could fill in for Edmunds.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Bills re-sign Dane Jackson - ProFootballTalk

Bills re-sign Dane Jackson

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Cornerback Dane Jackson is officially back with the Bills for the 2023 season.

The Bills tendered Jackson as a restricted free agent earlier this week and General Manager Brandon Beane indicated on Thursday that the two sides were working on a contract that would lower Jackson’s cap hit from the one he would carry by playing out the year on the $2.627 million tender.

Those talks reached their conclusion on Friday. The Bills announced that Jackson has signed a one-year deal with the team, but did not disclose any other terms.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

The Negative Nancy's are out in force again.

The Bills will ABSOLUTELY be competing for a title this year. 100%...no doubt whatsoever.

And they will do that without the signing of Bobby Wagner, which is most likely not going to happen.

If any cap space is used (via restructuring contracts) it should go for offense weapons and O-line depth.

I strongly suspect that anyone dreaming of a $10M+ signing for one player is going to be disappointed.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                              The things I get you to say
                              • Oct 2019

There are still guys out there, and there is always the draft.

Hell, any warm body could fill in for Edmunds.
                              1. Happy belated birthday, hope it was a good one

2. I agree with this. In fact, I like how Beane has handled this. By getting a Guard who fits our scheme, a good receiver, and resigning Poyer and Hines, he gives himself a lot of flexibility on draft day. Our biggest holes are at LB, OL, and receiver and now we can go BPA.
                              Insert whimsical line here

Comment

Working...
                              X