• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Giants sign Amani Oruwariye, Bills TE Tommy Sweeney

Giants sign Amani Oruwariye, Tommy Sweeney - ProFootballTalk

The Giants have added free agent tight end Tommy Sweeney, Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports.
    Giants General Manager Joe Schoen and head coach Brian Daboll have familiarity with Sweeney from their time together in Buffalo.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Giants sign Amani Oruwariye, Bills TE Tommy Sweeney

Sweeney spent four seasons with the Bills, appearing in 24 games with four starts. He totaled 18 catches for 165 yards and two touchdowns.
    Sweeney, a seventh-round pick of the Bills in 2019, sat out the 2020 pandemic season after being diagnosed with myocarditis.
    The Giants used Chris Myarick, Tanner Hudson and Nick Vannett as blocking tight ends last season. Darren Waller and Daniel Bellinger will get most of the playing time at the position if they stay healthy.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Giants to sign Jamison Crowder - ProFootballTalk

Per Josina Anderson of CBS Sports, Crowder has agreed to a one-year deal with the Giants.
      Crowder spent the 2022 season with the Bills but appeared in only four games due to injury. He caught six passes for 60 yards in his limited appearances.
      Before that, Crowder spent three seasons with the Jets. He notably caught 78 passes for 833 yards with six touchdowns for New York in 2019. His production dipped to 51 catches for 447 yards with two TDs in 2021.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Good luck to him in NY. One of several that won't be back because we have to nickel-and-dime as much as we can this year to be cap compliant.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. Sweeney's career never got untracked in Buffalo and Buffalo has several guys that can play in the slot. I'm sure the turf just looked greener in the Meadowlands.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Had higher hopes for Sweeney as well it just never panned out.

Comment

• swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

I really liked Sweeney. He never really got the same chance they gave to Dawson Knox despite they came in the same draft class. I wish him well. More of Daboll picking up ex-Bills who work hard.

Comment

Working...
              X