• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Calais Campbell will visit Bills next week

Report- Calais Campbell will visit Jets, Bills next week - ProFootballTalk

He already has visited the Falcons and Jaguars and has the Jets and Bills on his itinerary next week, Tiffany Blackmon of 929TheGame reports.
    Campbell recorded 5.5 sacks with four tackles for loss and 14 quarterback hits in 14 games with the Ravens last season.
    Since the Cardinals made Campbell a second-round pick in 2008, he has spent nine years in Arizona, three in Jacksonville and three in Baltimore.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Calais Campbell will visit Bills next week

This is one big dude.

I would love to have him at the right price!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Interesting and somewhat odd fit. He’s a classic 3-4 DE, but maybe as a hybrid DE on run downs and DT on pass downs.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He's 36.

Conclusion - Rotational, leadership and Vet Min. Leadership probably being the biggest factor.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          He's 36.

Conclusion - Rotational, leadership and Vet Min. Leadership probably being the biggest factor.
          Also probably says something about where they see Bansham.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Also probably says something about where they see Bansham, Epenesa, Rousseau and more .
            Corrected.

Maybe Frzaier leaving is Beane telling McDermott to change the scheme a bit or else.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Corrected.

Maybe Frzaier leaving is Beane telling McDermott to change the scheme a bit or else.
              If we’re changing the scheme then this team has far more holes defensively then we all think right now. They’re not equipped to run a 3-4.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

What does he have left? When the team that knows you most says goodbye I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  What does he have left? When the team that knows you most says goodbye I'm skeptical.
                  They wanted him but on the cheap, because of his age maybe ..... but the dude is still almost too much to handle for any OL.

He's a monster that you would rotate just not as frequently as one might think because of age.

Love to have him for our effort to win it all .... this player you gotta plan for offensively or he will wreck your **** up right away.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    If we’re changing the scheme then this team has far more holes defensively then we all think right now. They’re not equipped to run a 3-4.
                    I think he may have meant change in terms of modify not replace.....ie a Jim Johnson approach...

That's what i'm hoping....

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

We actually can run a modified 3-4, but that means trading for a true ILB or getting the best one in this draft, which we need one anyway. Miller already has the experience, Rousseau has the potential, and the current (previous, now?) scheme has had zone blitzes in the playbook. With today's offenses, I'm not so sure a true nose is a necessity anymore and we've got (had) enough tweeners to pull it off. TJohnson is probably going to be the 'fourth lber', though, if there even is such a thing these days.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        We actually can run a modified 3-4, but that means trading for a true ILB or getting the best one in this draft, which we need one anyway. Miller already has the experience, Rousseau has the potential, and the current (previous, now?) scheme has had zone blitzes in the playbook. With today's offenses, I'm not so sure a true nose is a necessity anymore and we've got (had) enough tweeners to pull it off. TJohnson is probably going to be the 'fourth lber', though, if there even is such a thing these days.
                        It's always theoretically possible...though they take years to develop most often...but I can't even remotely see McDermott sticking his head that far outside his shell into a different world. There's no staff that knows it...it would be slapstick.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          It's always theoretically possible...though they take years to develop most often...but I can't even remotely see McDermott sticking his head that far outside his shell into a different world. There's no staff that knows it...it would be slapstick.
                          Probably, I was just commenting the personnel holes that would need to be filled aren't as many as DB thinks, IMO.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I think he may have meant change in terms of modify not replace.....ie a Jim Johnson approach...

That's what i'm hoping....
                            If that was true, which I don’t think it is, wouldn’t Beane have demanded an outside DC be brought in?
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

It would be almost funny to watch them try it.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X