PDA

View Full Version : Pats media spin doctors hard at work

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Had the chance to watch the Boston sports report on NESN. Ch.4's Bob Lobel interviewed the Boston Globe's two football writers, Nick Cafardo and Ron Borges.

Cafardo went on about Milloy's diminished skills and his penchant for late nights out. He downplayed the loss, saying that Belicheck must know what he's doing, and that the people replacing Milloy must be better if Bellicheck cut him.

Borges, on the other hand, was visibly upset with the move. He even challenged Bellicheck's "genius" designation, saying basically getting lucky two years ago doesn't make him a genius.

Borges considers Milloy the second Pats personnel blunder, Bledsoe being the first. He went on to say that the Pats never considered the Bills had enough cap space to pay Milloy, admitting it was a major miscalculation by the Pats. Borges also doesn't buy into Milloy being over the hill at all. Even suck-up Cafardo admitted that Bellicheck really screwed up.

Both Cafardo and Borges then made their predictions for 2004 and (you guessed it) both predicted the Pats would make the playoffs while the Bills would not. (ha ha ha ha)

I have also noticed that there seems to be a real attempt in the Boston sports media to treat Milloy's jump to the Bills as being irrelevent, or even a good thing. (I'm waiting to hear the first "Bellicheck has Milloy's number" comment!) Right when the Milloy signing was announced, WEEI's Big Show buried the story, instead focusing on Manny Ramierez of the Red Sox all afternoon.

I have lived in the Boston area for almost 10 years, and one thing you can count on is the sports media will eat their own. Bellicheck has enjoyed a long honeymoon after winning a title, but if the Bills beat the Pats, especially if Lawyer Milloy plays a significant role, you will be able to hear the wailing all the way to Buffalo come Monday.

PTR

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Bill Belichick is an overrated piece of garbage.

Cntrygal
09-04-2003, 04:41 AM
Nice Post Promo, Welcome to the Zone!

Lone Stranger
09-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Much appreciated post and very insightful.

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 05:38 AM
:bf1: excellent post ... welcome to the zone Promo!

Historian
09-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

Cafardo went on about Milloy's diminished skills and his penchant for late nights out. Borges, on the other hand, was visibly upset with the move. He even challenged Bellicheck's "genius" designation, saying basically getting lucky two years ago doesn't make him a genius.

Hey Promo! Where's Biff Beeper. Dave Thomas does the weather on Channel 6 in Philly.

Well, what does anyone expect them to say? They lost the QB of their defense....sour grapes are about all that they can espouse at this point.

As for Bellicheck....I think luck had a small part in his championship, but it was basically TALENT that won the title....not his silly schemes. He peaked in Cleveland before his ego got the best of him and he crashed and burned. Does anyone see a pattern developing here?

Captain gameboy
09-04-2003, 06:48 AM
I fear him/them until we beat them.

Historian
09-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Oh and by the way...if Malloy is a "night owl"...he will fit in perfectly in this town!