PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe these quotes from Boston sportswriters

the dude
09-04-2003, 01:33 AM
Watched NESN and the NE Sports Report on DirecTV and - not surprisingly, The Milloy signing and the Bosox were the main topics of discussion.

On one of the shows, the 3 guys debating this move questioned why Milloy would go from the Patriots to a team "with virtually no chance" to reach the playoffs. Exsqueeze me - look I don't know if the hype will overwhelm our team for the first game, but you can't convince me we are now no less than on par with ANY of the AFC East teams.

On NESN, one of the writers from the Globe said this could be a "devastating" blow to the Pats - but then, just to show how completely clueless he was, he picked the Pats to win the East pretty easily now that the Jets lost Pennington - mentioning Miami's choke jobs and Belli's mastery over Drew.

Nothing necessarily wrong with the predictions, but the lack of respect given the Bills in the NE media was overwhelming.

And I thought WE were homers ...:huh:

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:41 AM
It's amazing how the sportscasters like to throw out cliches, without actually thinking them through. "The Bills have put the final piece in today, ensuring them a great chance to win the AFC East. The Patsies will blow them away in week one."

The talking heads are morons.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 08:35 AM
:homer:

clumping platelets
09-04-2003, 08:49 AM
:gag:

XNOUGHT
09-04-2003, 09:07 AM
I think the guy on NESN was Ron Borges.

He is the town idiot and take what he says with a grain of salt.

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Just makes the victory all that much sweeter.

Regardless of the final outcome, they should at least be able to see that, on paper, Buffalo has at least as much talent as any other team in the AFC East. To not even acknowledge Buffalo as a legitimate contender going into the season is just rediculous.

Every team, including the Jets, in the AFC East has a legitimate shot at the Playoffs.

All Credibility lost.

ublinkwescore
09-04-2003, 09:52 AM
We've got more talent on our team then ANY team in the NFL right now - it's just a matter of time till we gel (provided of course we stay healthy).

helmetguy
09-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by the dude

On NESN, one of the writers from the Globe said this could be a "devastating" blow to the Pats - but then, just to show how completely clueless he was, he picked the Pats to win the East pretty easily now that the Jets lost Pennington - mentioning Miami's choke jobs and Belli's mastery over Drew.

Nothing necessarily wrong with the predictions, but the lack of respect given the Bills in the NE media was overwhelming.

The Boston press is still reeling from the loss of one of the Deans of NFL coverage-Will McDonough. After him, they're all a bunch of hacks up there. That said, by not giving the Bills (Tom Donahoe in particular) any credit for the offseason improvements, they have still left themselves an "out." That is, should Buffalo win the division, or go DEEP into the playoffs, the writers can always use the "surprize" tag to characterize Buffalo's reemergence.

StanMarino13
09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Well having a satelite and seeing the different local or area news broadcasters, they all seem to be biased towards that local or area team. I'm sure I've even seen stuff like that on rochester news about the bills. NESN is called the New England Sports Network, what did u really expect them to say? On around the horn yesterday they were talking about a denver writer that said the Donkos were goin to go 19-0!!!

PhinPhan1227
09-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
We've got more talent on our team then ANY team in the NFL right now - it's just a matter of time till we gel (provided of course we stay healthy).

Hey...nice to see that California is still the weed capitol of America..."Smoke up Johnny!!!"

bob the football fan
09-06-2003, 12:15 PM

And I thought WE were homers ...:huh:

Guess what?..... Predictions get thrown out Sunday after 1:00 PM.....

TigerJ
09-06-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm not ready to claim we have the most talent in the NFL, though I don't think that anyone is very far ahead of us. We all think the Bills are greatly improved. Most of us think that the Bills are close to being a lock to make the playoffs. I personally think the chances are at least better than 50/50. Still, I agree, we gotta play the game. I think we'll have a much better feel for things at 4:30 tomorrow. If, however, the Bills smoke the rest of the AFC East this year we ought to show no mercy smacking the smackers who gave us no chance.

Captain gameboy
09-06-2003, 03:13 PM
This "thing" about Belichick having Drew's number is a total crock. Humans are not computers, responding the same way every time.
Bledsoe is an athlete, and what he does tomorrow has little to do with whatever he did in the past.
This Belichick myth is nonsense.
Our running game is solid. If they stop us and we are forced to throw too much we lose. If we can run effectively, we will pass more effectively as the result, and we win. Belichick be damned.

Brian H
09-06-2003, 03:30 PM
I live in NE and is trying to get one of these quacks on my post game show.I have spoke to 2 of them and would be bitter sweet talking to them after we beat them!

bernielivsey_1
09-06-2003, 05:55 PM
This will be a close game so that is going to help our confidence even if we lose. :box:

XNOUGHT
09-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Both sides think they will win.

It should be a close, low scoring game.

Which is funny, because alot of pundits predicted a low scoring game last year.

SABURZFAN
09-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Brian H
I live in NE and is trying to get one of these quacks on my post game show.I have spoke to 2 of them and would be bitter sweet talking to them after we beat them!

how long would the interview be?we need to post an over/under on how times the words "you know" will be said during that interview.

MDFINFAN
09-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

Ublink, your not serious are you, I've always had you as a level headed guy, but this statement is just one for the home team right?

:cool:

Ron C.
09-06-2003, 07:24 PM
We will see tomorrow. I don't know if I can Wait!

:gobills: