• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket

YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket, for full-season price as low as $249 - ProFootballTalk

YouTube has announced that current YouTube TV members can add Sunday Ticket at a presale, full-season price of $249 (through June 6), a $100 savings from the retail cost.

RedZone can be added for $40 for the full season, making the total price $289 for YouTube TV subscribers, or $389 for non-subscribers, who can purchase Sunday Ticket through YouTube Primetime channels.

Omitted from the press release is any reference to the ability to purchase out-of-market games for one team at a time, one week at a time, or one game at a time. Instead, you apparently will still have to buy it all in order to have any of it, which seems to be an antitrust violation hiding in plain sight.
    Last edited by Woodman; 04-11-2023, 09:06 AM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket

I hate that they make it all or nothing. It's like going into a restaurant and having to purchase the whole menu in order to get the one entree that you want.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I was hoping a team specific purchase option. I’ll probably pass, it’s not worth that amount.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

At that price it's not a value especially with the bills getting a lot of featured network games. Easy enough to watch free streams for the other half of the games.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

I’m psyched. I have YouTube TV and look at it like $249/17 = $15 a week or so
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Pass
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I think I’ll spend more time with my Bills Backers club…

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Doesn't this just make it easier to steal?

Serious question.

Comment

• bleve
                  • Mar 2005

I watch games for free now. I'm willing to pay to be legit if they'd offer single team options.

Pass.
                  "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                  ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Before ESPN took over and NHL.TV still existed, they had a single team option. I think it was like $115 a year or something, which isn't bad considering there are 82 Sabres games a year and only 5-6 are on locally or nationally.

I really wonder why more leagues haven't gone with that business model. Sure, Sunday Ticket would lose money on people like me who would drop to the single team option, but there are a lot of people who would pay $150-200 to watch their team but won't pay $449 for several hundred games they aren't going to watch.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

YouTube is a much better deal than DirectTV because you are not forced to get a satellite dish and use DirectTV for your TV service.

But, it’s still not worth it for most Bills fans to be able to watch Bills games if you live outside the Buffalo TV market.

Last season, out of the 18 games the Bills played, there was only FOUR that I was not able to watch live on either CBS Sunday afternoon (with the Bills game getting widespread coverage), prime time or on Amazon (which I have had Amazon Prime for years no matter if NFL is on it or not).

The expectation is that it will be similar for 2023.

The ability to watch other NFL games, live, is not worth it since NFL Red Zone is so awesome. When the Bills are on live, I’m not watching any other game anyway. Red Zone with no commercials is great.

I was able to watch the four games that were not available live in Las Veags. Three of them, I used my NFL+ premium service and started watching the game at around 1:20PM PST after it was over. Easy to avoid any spoilers.

The fourth game I decided to get a VPN service, Nord, that allows one to dictate what city I get internet service and used my Paramount+ streaming service to watch the Chicago game live.

I’m with Opi. I’d pay for a single game....$10 to $20 seems fair....but not $449 for the handful of Bills games I don’t get in local TV, ESPN or Amazon.

Hard pass on Sunday Ticket.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                        We play to win the game!
                        • Oct 2009

For youtube tv users do this and you can legally share the account with family and split the cost.

I been doing this with my brother for 3-4 years.

Create a family group to share YouTube TV – and other Google apps and services – with up to five other members. How family groups work on YouTube TV If you've purchased a YouTube TV membership, y

- - - Updated - - -

For youtube tv users do this and you can legally share the account with family and split the cost.

I been doing this with my brother for 3-4 years.

https://support.google.com/googleone/answer/7251139?hl=en-GB

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I know I'd get most Bills games anyway but I'll purchase it. I enjoy flipping around to any game I want to on Sunday.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Last season, out of the 18 games the Bills played, there was only FOUR that I was not able to watch live on either CBS Sunday afternoon (with the Bills game getting widespread coverage), prime time or on Amazon (which I have had Amazon Prime for years no matter if NFL is on it or not).
                            I'm curious. Which four?

First Miami game?
                            Vikings?
                            Cleveland?
                            Chicago?

I would guess inter-conference, against mostly scrub teams like the Bears?

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              I'm curious. Which four?

First Miami game?
                              Vikings?
                              Cleveland?
                              Chicago?

I would guess inter-conference, against mostly scrub teams like the Bears?
                              The science of being a Bills fan who lives outside the Buffalo TV market is sometimes a crap shoot. The four games not broadcast live in Vegas....

Week 3 - @ Miami
                              Week 9 - @ Jets
                              Week 11 - vs Cleveland
                              Week 16 - @ Chicago

They were all Sunday (Chicago was technically Saturday, but Christmas Eve, Sat was scheduled like a usual Sunday) afternoon early slot games on CBS (10:00AM PST) which depend on when the Raiders are playing. The Miami, Jets and Chicago games Las Vegas was playing away with teams in eastern time zone, hence the conflict with a 10:00AM PST start against @TENN, @JAX and @PITT respectively.

The Cleveland game was overridden with the Jets @ New England game. Raiders were playing @Den in the late afternoon time slot (1:15PM PST).

The Minnesota game was on Fox in early time slot, and Vegas played at home vs Indy in late slot....no conflict. Minny @ Buffalo was the Fox nationwide game.

There were 7 Bills games guaranteed nationwide exclusive coverage, with no other games. Five on Thu, Sunday night or Monday, Thanksgiving, and the Saturday game on NFLN week 15 vs Miami. Four mentioned above that were not broadcast live here makes 11. Six games Sunday afternoon games were broadcast live here....

Week 4 - @BAL
                              Week 5 - vs PITT
                              Week 6 - #KC (late afternoon national game)
                              Week 10 - vs Minny
                              Wek 14 - vs Jets
                              Week 18 - va NE (probably became the national early afternoon game because of the first game after Hamlin’s dying on the field)

All of them did not have a conflict with Vegas because of time slot, Vegas playing prime time or bye. Thankfully, Vegas’ bye week happened to fall in week #6 when the Bills played at KC in last afternoon. Vegas at home and no Bills on TV here.

When the schedule comes out the second schedule I look at after Buffalo’s is Las Veags. When there is no conflict between Raiders and Bills, the chances of the game being shown in this market is much better, but not guaranteed.

The Bills will most likely get the maximum five prime time games in 2023 like they did last year. Thanksgiving made it six in 2022. I don’t expect the Bills to get that slot this year.

But, the Bills game in England is guaranteed to be shown live on NFLN. Unfortunately, that means a 6:30AM PST start. Ughhh.

That means there are eleven games that may, or may not be shown here live. I suspect that most will be just like last year. Sure hoping so!!!
                              Last edited by notacon; 04-13-2023, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X