• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills may be aggressive trading up

In a report shared on Monday by New York Upstate Bills writer Ryan Talbot (citing an ESPN Insider draft buzz story by Matt Miller) the Buffalo Bills and Brandon Beane may be preparing to move up in Round 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft to give quarterback Josh Allen more help on offense. The Bills only have six selections in this year’s draft, but rumors have begun to spread that Beane could try packaging a few of those picks to move up on the first night of the draft.

Buffalo Bills may be aggressive trading up in 2023 NFL Draft, per report - Buffalo Rumblings

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Bills may be aggressive trading up

nooooo

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Dumb idea. There’s several holes to fill, and some that are pending after the coming season. Giving up capital
      to add a single piece is only worth it if that piece is a QB.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

the top 10 players are worth the tradeup. after those top 10, there isn't much in this draft. bunch of mid tier, maybe good maybe busts.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Beane cannot help himself with trading up. He'd try to trade up if he had the #1 pick

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

-this is a draft you either have a million picks and just hope you unearth some gold somewhere by chance, or you have a top 10 pick and you get a top tier player. there isn't much else here.

not a great year to get better through the draft. there will be little difference between a player picked at 15 and one at 50... it's all a crapshoot past the top guys this year.
            Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-11-2023, 11:05 AM.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
              -this is a draft you either have a million picks and just hope you unearth some gold somewhere by chance, or you have a top 10 pick and you get a top tier player. there isn't much else here.

not a great year to get better through the draft. there will be little difference between a player picked at 15 and one at 50... it's all a crapshoot past the top guys this year.
              Yeah that's what I've been hearing - either trade way up, or trade down and get as many darts to throw as possible
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Secondly, remember that this is smoke screen season. We're officially in the don't believe anything window.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

I think this would be great idea for the right player. An offensive player. Either WR or Bijan Robinson.

Will it happen? I doubt it. All depends on how the draft plays out, like every year. Last season NO ONE thought that the Bills would move up in the first round to get Elam.

Obviously, the Bills thought differently. They had their guy pegged and went and got him.

I could easily see the same thing happening this year, especially with a WR. The right WR could unlock the full potential of the offense, along with the additions they have already made.

As has been pointed out time and time again, THE reason the Bills were not as successful last year as we wanted is squarely on the offense.

The Bills lost every regular season game because of the offense. In each of the three losses, they had the ball in their hands at the end of the game with a chance to win. They failed every time.

In the playoff game vs Cincy, the OFFENSE came out like a limp dick, not responding to two Cincy TD’s, and instead going three-and-out twice to give the game away. It should have been a shoot out, instead the Bills were shooing blanks.

Scoring only 10 points in any NFL game is an almost assured LOSS. The facts are undeniable.

The Bills have to lean into their most potent weapon, Josh Allen, and give him all the weapons to fulfill his full potential. If moving up in the draft get us closer to that goal, I’m ALL for it.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

Sports writers throwing darts at a dartboard.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Lets see how much crap will stick to the wall

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

When a team loses the defense failed to stop the opposition. Putting the offense in a position to need a winning drive.

a loss isn’t squarely on one side of the ball. Failing to stop Jefferson on 4th and long… big time killer.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Both of the lines have struggled under this regime. They inherited good players in the trenches on both sides of the ball but that has not been maintained.

These guys need to fix that problem more than they need to go after more skilled players.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Idiots just making **** up.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Only way I’d be ok is if it’s for a sure fire can’t miss player on either side of the ball. I don’t think there’s many

Comment

Working...
                              X