PDA

View Full Version : 2023 NFL Draft: Ideal top two picks for every team

Woodman
04-12-2023, 03:55 PM
2023 NFL Draft- Ideal top two picks for every team (https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-ideal-top-two-picks-for-every-team)

Round 1: No. 27 overall -- Trenton Simpson (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trenton-simpson/32005349-4d63-2785-a5d9-70beadf55418), LB, Clemson

Round 2: No. 59 overall -- Rashee Rice (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rashee-rice/32005249-4315-2916-ce74-9a69e469f940), WR, SMU

Simpson is an explosive player in the middle of the defense who would fill the gap left by departed former first-rounder Tremaine Edmunds (https://www.nfl.com/players/tremaine-edmunds/). Rice could be a bargain if available outside the top 50, as his quickness off the line (1.49-second 10-yard split) and ability at the catch point (41-inch vertical) give him a chance to be a true No. 1 receiver in a year or two.

Ginger Vitis
04-12-2023, 04:29 PM
not ideal at all

Woodman
04-13-2023, 10:39 AM
We want trenches primarily but the LB looks ok to me.

Canadian'eh!
04-13-2023, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling it will be a WR in round 1.

WR Quinton Johnson
LB Jack Campbell

feels fairly ideal.

swiper
04-13-2023, 12:54 PM
Remember when Doug Whaley jumped on Cyrus Kuoandjio in the 2nd round, after he dropped, and came to the media and said, "Look how great I am! I just got a first-rounder in the 2nd round?" How'd that turn out?

swiper
04-13-2023, 12:58 PM
not ideal at all

I thought that Simpson was NOT a middle linebacker. LOL. I see even in their own description they say this:

Chiseled weakside linebacker with rare speed for the position to run down the action in all directions.

We already have Milano. Why?

notacon
04-13-2023, 01:32 PM

WR Quinton Johnson
LB Jack Campbell

feels fairly ideal.

It would be surprising if the Bills did not go WR and LB in the first two rounds.

It will depend on who is on the board and what the Bills board looks like as to what position goes where.

It will also be a surprise if the Bills stay put with #27 & #59 in the first two rounds.

notacon
04-13-2023, 02:17 PM

WR Quinton Johnson
LB Jack Campbell

feels fairly ideal.

As far as has been published, neither of these players have had a visit with the Bills of any type much less a “Top 30” one. (so far).

“Top 30” visit seems pretty relevant since besides being officially declared to the NFL as it is usually very extensive and for competitive reasons are limited to 30 for each team, as opposed to a combine visit or zoom communication, the Bills have not made a first round selection (except Rousseau because there were no “Top 30” visits that year because of Covid) that they did not have a Top 30 visit with during Beane’s tenure.

According to this site (https://thebuffalofanatics.com/buffalo-bulletin-buffalo-bills-2023-top-30-visits/), the Bills have not had a Top 30 visit with any LB’s. Here is who they have, along with the Scout’s Inc (https://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings?year=2023). overall and positional ranking.

<tbody>

POS
OVER RANK
POS RANK
SCHOOL

Jaxon Smith-Njigba
WR
Ohio State

Zay Flowers
WR
Boston College

Jordan Addison
WR
USC

Jalin Hyatt
WR
Tennessee

Nathaniel Dell
WR
Houston

Justin Shorter
WR
Florida

Mazi Smith
DT
Michigan

Zacch Pickens
DT
South Carolina

Jaquelin Roy
DT
LSU

Gervon Dexter
DT
Florida

Darnell Washington
TE
Georgia

Luke Musgrave
TE
Oregon State

Luke Schoonmaker
TE
Michigan

Darnell Wright
OT
Tennessee

O'Cyrus Torrence
G
Florida

Jordan Battle
S
Alabama

Marte Mapu
S
Not Ranked
Not Ranked
Scramento State

Kendre Miller
RB
TCU

</tbody>

Although not a Top 30 visit, the Bills have had communication with three LB’s...OLB’s Nolan Smith & Derick Hall and one ILB, Trenton Simpson. As has been mentioned, Trenton Simpson does not seem like a fit to fill the MLB role, although Jack Campbell does.

Maybe they will have him in for a visit int he next two weeks???

Here is the analysis from Joe B (https://theathletic.com/4381202/2023/04/05/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983). on Jack Campbell and Trenton Simpson....

Jack Campbell, Iowa

If the Bills are looking for a true-to-form, no doubt middle linebacker to step in on his first day as their starter, Campbell has a lot to like. He shows excellent instincts against the run and consistently makes the right read of where to commit that either stops the play or reroutes the runner into his teammates. He wasn’t out of position very often, and even with such a strength in run diagnosing, he showed well on his reaction time to play action attempts. The coverage piece, especially in zone, stands out as someone with a good awareness for what’s happening around him and the change of direction skills to make a play on the ball. He also showed in coverage that he can make game-changing plays with his ball skills. Coverage is where his history and athleticism as a high-level high school basketball player stand out the most. But past skills on the field, the leadership intangibles will speak well to the Bills. Campbell was named to Iowa’s leadership council as a sophomore and was a permanent team captain in his junior and senior seasons.

But it’s certainly not a flawless profile for Campbell. He didn’t show as much potential to fire through the rush lane and make a stop in the backfield as someone like Sanders. Campbell was more consistent than flashy. He’s susceptible to juke moves he plays incorrectly, which could yield bigger gains. There are also questions about Campbell’s ability in man coverage. From an athletic standpoint, his 40-yard dash time was slower than Edmunds and Sanders. Campbell’s arms (31.875 inches) are shorter than Sanders’ arms and much shorter than Edmunds’ arms. Sanders is clearly the closer comp to Edmunds between the two, even if that has its flaws.

The big question with Campbell is, are the Bills looking for their next Tremaine Edmunds? Or, with Sean McDermott heading up the defense in 2023, are they looking for the coach’s next middle linebacker more in the Luke Kuechly mold? Kuechly has long been one of McDermott’s favorites, and one of the biggest catalysts to those Panthers (https://theathletic.com/nfl/team/panthers/) defenses being as good as they were. And back then, McDermott favored play-diagnosing instincts and leadership over immense height, weight, length and speed traits.

Trenton Simpson, Clemson

Simpson is the only other obvious candidate in the first two rounds. His athleticism is undeniable and he zips around all over the field in coverage with ease. If the Bills were in the market for a long-term starting outside linebacker, Simpson would be a tremendous fit for their scheme. However,Matt Milano is signed for the foreseeable future (https://theathletic.com/4297023/2023/03/20/buffalo-bills-free-agency-tracker-deals-2023/), and there are legitimate questions about how well Simpson (6-foot-2, 235 pounds) can deal with the inherent traffic and bigger blockers he’d have to take on as a middle linebacker. That’s not to say he couldn’t play the middle in the NFL, and he’d certainly be fine in coverage, but it seems a lot more of a forced fit with the potential to have a weakness in run defending.

Canadian'eh!
04-13-2023, 02:23 PM
It would be surprising if the Bills did not go WR and LB in the first two rounds.

It will depend on who is on the board and what the Bills board looks like as to what position goes where.

It will also be a surprise if the Bills stay put with #27 & #59 in the first two rounds.

We have seen in past years that Beane tends to be pretty honest and upfront in the lead up to the draft. He’s not throwing out smokescreens.

They might move up or down, I’m not sure. But the “early WR” will not surprise me at all.

I am less sure about ILB. I tend to believe him on the “we think the guy is already here” talk. They haven’t seemed to put a ton of scouting into it.

a DT/OL in the first 2 rounds won’t shock me if it happens.

Canadian'eh!
04-13-2023, 02:36 PM
As far as has been published, neither of these players have had a visit with the Bills of any type much less a “Top 30” one. (so far).

“Top 30” visit seems pretty relevant since besides being officially declared to the NFL as it is usually very extensive and for competitive reasons are limited to 30 for each team, as opposed to a combine visit or zoom communication, the Bills have not made a first round selection (except Rousseau because there were no “Top 30” visits that year because of Covid) that they did not have a Top 30 visit with during Beane’s tenure.

According to this site (https://thebuffalofanatics.com/buffalo-bulletin-buffalo-bills-2023-top-30-visits/), the Bills have not had a Top 30 visit with any LB’s. Here is who they have, along with the Scout’s Inc (https://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings?year=2023). overall and positional ranking.

<tbody>

POS
OVER RANK
POS RANK
SCHOOL

Jaxon Smith-Njigba
WR
Ohio State

Zay Flowers
WR
Boston College

Jordan Addison
WR
USC

Jalin Hyatt
WR
Tennessee

Nathaniel Dell
WR
Houston

Justin Shorter
WR
Florida

Mazi Smith
DT
Michigan

Zacch Pickens
DT
South Carolina

Jaquelin Roy
DT
LSU

Gervon Dexter
DT
Florida

Darnell Washington
TE
Georgia

Luke Musgrave
TE
Oregon State

Luke Schoonmaker
TE
Michigan

Darnell Wright
OT
Tennessee

O'Cyrus Torrence
G
Florida

Jordan Battle
S
Alabama

Marte Mapu
S
Not Ranked
Not Ranked
Scramento State

Kendre Miller
RB
TCU

</tbody>

Although not a Top 30 visit, the Bills have had communication with three LB’s...OLB’s Nolan Smith & Derick Hall and one ILB, Trenton Simpson. As has been mentioned, Trenton Simpson does not seem like a fit to fill the MLB role, although Jack Campbell does.

Maybe they will have him in for a visit int he next two weeks???

Here is the analysis from Joe B (https://theathletic.com/4381202/2023/04/05/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983). on Jack Campbell and Trenton Simpson....
Well. We were playing “ideal”.

Johnson would mean moving up. I did a draft sim that had him available at 27, but there’s no way. Addison or Flowers are more realistic. QBs, WRs, and pass rushers tend to go up on draft day, TE, RB and S down.

I like Campbell as an old school hard hitting MLB. That said, I will be SHOCKED if the Bills like him too. They prefer better athletes at the position. I can see them drafting a guy like Simpson and putting him in the same position of Edmonds where his skills aren’t being maximized.

TigerJ
04-13-2023, 03:44 PM
Simpson has the athleticism to fill Edmunds' spot. The question is whether or not he has the football intelligence and instinct to make the switch. He has played OLB, so this would be a modest positions switch for him. Moreover, the reason he has slipped down the boards some is the question about his smarts. He's prone to make mistakes, and biting on fakes. Buffalo needs their middle linebacker to be smart and reliable. Rice would probably be a good value and would provide lots of competition for the #2 WR spot.

notacon
04-14-2023, 12:00 PM
We have seen in past years that Beane tends to be pretty honest and upfront in the lead up to the draft. He’s not throwing out smokescreens.

They might move up or down, I’m not sure. But the “early WR” will not surprise me at all.

I am less sure about ILB. I tend to believe him on the “we think the guy is already here” talk. They haven’t seemed to put a ton of scouting into it.

a DT/OL in the first 2 rounds won’t shock me if it happens.

Yeah, I agree.

As the draft gets closer and closer, it’s starting to look like ILB is not high on their priority list. You are spot on with Beane tending to be pretty honest...all the time. Sure he engages with GM speak, but many times he avoids the easy out and word jumble saying nothing and says things that he really does not have to.

A perfect example was when he says that “we think the guy is already here”, there is no way he had to stay that with such specificity and there is no reason to not believe him.

Truthfully none of us have the first clue what Beane’s draft board looks like nor what he is going to do or wants to do. Besides the fact that draft day is so fluid in respect that each team’s plans and strategy are largely dictated by what 31 other team’s do.

There is only one team that has the power to carry out exactly what they want in R1. Carolina.

The most to be gleaned from paying attention and looking at the visit list which should give some indiction on where the emphasis is, I’m starting to suspect that you are correct and WR is probably high on the priority list, but DL/OL is right behind it. IOL is not.

We don't even know how many picks they will actually use since Beane always makes trades on draft day. Assuming six, it would not be a surprise to anyone if the positions drafted (not necessarily in any order)....

WR (or TE or even RB)
DL (either EDGE or IDL)
OL (either IOL or T)
CB
S
LB

In other words, every position except QB. :D:

notacon
04-14-2023, 12:11 PM

Johnson would mean moving up. I did a draft sim that had him available at 27, but there’s no way. Addison or Flowers are more realistic. QBs, WRs, and pass rushers tend to go up on draft day, TE, RB and S down.

I like Campbell as an old school hard hitting MLB. That said, I will be SHOCKED if the Bills like him too. They prefer better athletes at the position. I can see them drafting a guy like Simpson and putting him in the same position of Edmonds where his skills aren’t being maximized.
I was not challenging your “ideal” in the least. In fact, most of us (me included, emphatically so) would be pretty happy with WR Quinton Johnson & LB Jack Campbell in first two rounds.

It’s just pretty interesting that neither of them has had any “visit” of any type with the Bills. (at least reported in the media)

But, we have to keep in mind that the visit lists are almost all never publicly announced by the Bills. Even the Top 30 visits are required to be disclosed to the NFL but NOT the media.

It is not out of the question that the Bills could have easily had some contact with both of these players. Even a Top 30 visit.

This year, I’m maintaining a spreadsheet of all the reported visits (at least that I can find), and compare it to the final draft picks.

I’m thinking the over/under on how many final picks are on that list is TWO.

Canadian'eh!
04-14-2023, 03:24 PM
I was not challenging your “ideal” in the least. In fact, most of us (me included, emphatically so) would be pretty happy with WR Quinton Johnson & LB Jack Campbell in first two rounds.

It’s just pretty interesting that neither of them has had any “visit” of any type with the Bills. (at least reported in the media)

But, we have to keep in mind that the visit lists are almost all never publicly announced by the Bills. Even the Top 30 visits are required to be disclosed to the NFL but NOT the media.

It is not out of the question that the Bills could have easily had some contact with both of these players. Even a Top 30 visit.

This year, I’m maintaining a spreadsheet of all the reported visits (at least that I can find), and compare it to the final draft picks.

I’m thinking the over/under on how many final picks are on that list is TWO.

I think the lists are important. They drafted people they brought for visits the last few years if I recall. At least in round 1. Chances are they will again.

Mace
04-14-2023, 08:50 PM
Simpson has the athleticism to fill Edmunds' spot. The question is whether or not he has the football intelligence and instinct to make the switch. He has played OLB, so this would be a modest positions switch for him. Moreover, the reason he has slipped down the boards some is the question about his smarts. He's prone to make mistakes, and biting on fakes. Buffalo needs their middle linebacker to be smart and reliable. Rice would probably be a good value and would provide lots of competition for the #2 WR spot.

He played inside last year...they moved him to blitz. Projected better at outside...same issues as Edmunds...running game and blockers. Pappoe is another...same mold. Either will be ok...but tell you status quo attempted on defense....unless they start moving them around.

notacon
04-15-2023, 11:03 AM
I think the lists are important. They drafted people they brought for visits the last few years if I recall. At least in round 1. Chances are they will again.
I agree. As I mentioned in this post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/262957-2023-NFL-Draft-Ideal-top-two-picks-for-every-team?p=5016396&viewfull=1#post5016396)....according to this site (https://thebuffalofanatics.com/buffalo-bulletin-buffalo-bills-2023-top-30-visits/)...."the Bills have not made a first round selection (except Rousseau because there were no “Top 30” visits that year because of Covid) that they did not have a Top 30 visit with during Beane’s tenure.”

This year, I’m keeping track of all the published visits, and will compared to the final draft selections. Should be interesting to see exactly how many draft picks actually had an publicly disclosed visit.

YardRat
04-15-2023, 02:56 PM
"Ideal" would be LB Jack Campbell and WR Josh Downs with their first two picks, but that isn't happening with #27 and #59.

Mace
04-16-2023, 04:47 PM
"Ideal" would be LB Jack Campbell and WR Josh Downs with their first two picks, but that isn't happening with #27 and #59.

Dunno...to me ideal would be campbell and a c/g with potential to replace morse. They need to play shakir....not give him less snaps...and keep davis on the jugs machine...create mismatches with hines.cook...and harty....use motion...timing patterns....screens...instead of more weapons when they don't use the ones they have....imho anyway.

In any case...i'm already prepared to be befuddled by 2 db picks.

YardRat
04-16-2023, 06:32 PM
Can't argue with one of the picks being a center. I just think Downs is going to be a dominant slot receiver...which we could really use for the next five years...and there are centers in round three and later that I think are starter material.

TigerJ
04-19-2023, 10:02 PM
I have seen Simpson mocked to the Bills in round 2, though I think conventional wisdom is he gets drafted by the middle of round 1. I kind of like Draft Tek's latest mock for the Bills. They do a seven round mock. 2023 NFL Mock Draft (drafttek.com) (https://www.drafttek.com/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp) I have not liked most of their attempts since January, but the latest rendition isn't bad. Their picks for the Bills are:

#27 Darnell Washington He is a big bodied athletic TE who can block and catch, though he can probably be better at both.

#59 Mazi Smith A big, freakishly athletic nose tackle who has been really good at run stopping but may have untapped upside as a pass rusher. Lots of evaluators think he might go at the end of round 1.

#91 JL Skinner A big safety with good speed. He's not a burner, but he has enough speed.

#130 Chandler Zavala A guard with good size who has been getting some buzz lately. He's pretty athletic though he doesn't have a ton of experience. He's improved drastically in the time he's played. Good at both run and pass blocking. My guess is he might not start for the Bills in September, but he may grow quickly into a starter.

#137 Israel Abanakanda A running back with enough size to have some power at 215 lbs, but he's also one of the faster RBs in the draft.

#205 Bryce Ford-Wheaton He's a big, strong, fast receiver who's got some work to do in order to develop, particularly in route running. At close to 6'4" and over 220 lbs he ran one of the faster 40 yard dashes at the combine at 4.38. He's got good hands and is a good blocker. He'll takee some time to develop and development will depend on his attitude and football smarts.

The one flaw in this mock, and it's a big one, is that Draft Tek does not have the Bills picking a linebacker. Unless Tyrel Dodson or Terrell Bernard play surprisingly well, Buffalo would miss Edmunds in this scenario. I don't think AJ Klein has any surprises left in him at his age.

Night Train
04-20-2023, 07:49 AM
I'm guessing it's not Beanes' " Ideal " but we'll see.

It's that BS time of year. Everyone lying. As Buddy Nix used to say in regards to pre-draft gossip, " everyone is trying to rob the same train. "

Woodman
04-20-2023, 10:25 AM
One week to go and we'll all know.

notacon
04-20-2023, 12:31 PM
Bob McGinn has been writing a NFL Draft Series for 39 years (“Green Bay Press-Gazette (1985-’91), the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (1992-’17), BobMcGinnFootball.com (2018-’19), The Athletic (2020-’21) and GoLongTD.com (2022-’23).”) based on input from NFL scouts and personal professionals.

As noted in the introduction, “Until 2014, many personnel people were quoted by name. The series reluctantly adopted an all-anonymous format in 2015 at the request of most scouts.”

Today the subject was offensive line.

OL: Buyer beware... (https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-2-ol-buyer-beware?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email)

…snip…

“This is the worst offensive-line crowd in the history of the draft — maybe,” a long-in-the-tooth NFL personnel executive.

“We have like 15 guys in our top 150. For an entire 32-team league. We need 320 linemen.

“It’s so bad,” he continued. “There’s going to be some reaches on offensive linemen in this draft. I think every lineman in the top 100 overall will go a half-round to a full round, if not two rounds, higher than they normally would in a given year.”

Six years ago, talent evaluators also foresaw a terrible draft for offensive linemen. That year, however, teams didn’t even bite. Just 10 were taken among the top 100 selections, a far cry from the five-year average of 19.4 in the top 100 from 2018-’22.

As might have been predicted, just one of the 33 offensive linemen drafted in 2017 has made a Pro Bowl. That was Bills left tackle Dion Dawkins, a 2021 selection who was the 63rd player chosen in 2017. Right tackle Ryan Ramczyk of New Orleans, the No. 32 pick that year, has made All-Pro but, oddly, never the Pro Bowl.

The deficiencies in this class exist at the top, in the middle and probably near the end.

…snip…

My recent polling of 16 personnel men asked each to rank their top offensive linemen regardless of position on a 1-2-3-4-5-6 basis. A first-place vote was worth 6 points, a second 5 and so on.

Paris Johnson and Peter Skoronski tied for first with 74 points, although Skoronski had eight first-place votes compared to five for Johnson. Following, in order, were Broderick Jones (61, three), Darnell Wright (29), Anton Harrison (28), Matt Bergeron (20), O’Cyrus Torrence (14), Dawand Jones (10), Cody Mauch (eight), Joe Tippmann (seven), Steve Avila (four), John Michael Schmitz (three), Sidy Sow (two) and Luke Wypler (two).

Is there an offensive lineman worthy of a top-10 selection based on draft standards over time?

“Not legit,” said one scout. “Broderick Jones and Paris Johnson are the two that are going to go because we’re in an era now where a kid that’s a 5-star recruit, he comes in and it’s Covid the first year, backs up and plays a little bit the second year and starts the third year, they have the measurables and they’re the best in class. This is the world we’re in right now.

“Johnson and Broderick both will go in the top 10, top 12. But their resumes are nowhere near a Joe Thomas or Jonathan Ogden, or Walter Jones or Orlando Pace. Trent Williams, for that matter.”

Much more…

OUCH!!!!

Cali512
04-24-2023, 08:14 AM

Campbell is exceptionally athletic and has the same exact size as edmunds. Imo hes the best of both worlds, you get the height, athleticism (maybe a degree less) and you get the brawler type

Campbell is everything we loved about edmunds with more of a well rounded style, imo he's perfect for our defense

YardRat
04-24-2023, 09:07 AM
“Johnson and Broderick both will go in the top 10, top 12. But their resumes are nowhere near a Joe Thomas or Jonathan Ogden, or Walter Jones or Orlando Pace.

That's four players in the HOF, pretty high bar from that particular scout.

swiper
04-24-2023, 06:13 PM
Campbell is exceptionally athletic and has the same exact size as edmunds. Imo hes the best of both worlds, you get the height, athleticism (maybe a degree less) and you get the brawler type

Campbell is everything we loved about edmunds with more of a well rounded style, imo he's perfect for our defense

I read the same thing about Campbell, but no one has him going above the 2nd half of the 2nd round.

DraftBoy
04-24-2023, 06:35 PM
That's four players in the HOF, pretty high bar from that particular scout.

The bar should always be the best. Otherwise what is the point?

swiper
04-24-2023, 07:47 PM

The point is there are no tackles like that available in this draft, so the comparison is ridiculous.

YardRat
04-24-2023, 08:04 PM

2007--Joe Thomas
2006--nobody
2005--nobody
2004--nobody
2003--nobody
2002--nobody
2001--Steve Hutchinson
2000--nobody
1999--nobody
1998--Alan Faneca
1997--Orlando Pace and Walter Jones
1996--Jonathon Ogden

It's rare to have HOF talent like Ogden/Pace/Jones/Thomas in any draft, so it's a dumbass bar to hold a draft class to.

That's the point.

swiper
04-24-2023, 08:41 PM
I have seen Simpson mocked to the Bills in round 2, though I think conventional wisdom is he gets drafted by the middle of round 1. I kind of like Draft Tek's latest mock for the Bills. They do a seven round mock. 2023 NFL Mock Draft (drafttek.com) (https://www.drafttek.com/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp) I have not liked most of their attempts since January, but the latest rendition isn't bad. Their picks for the Bills are:

#27 Darnell Washington He is a big bodied athletic TE who can block and catch, though he can probably be better at both.

#59 Mazi Smith A big, freakishly athletic nose tackle who has been really good at run stopping but may have untapped upside as a pass rusher. Lots of evaluators think he might go at the end of round 1.

#91 JL Skinner A big safety with good speed. He's not a burner, but he has enough speed.

#130 Chandler Zavala A guard with good size who has been getting some buzz lately. He's pretty athletic though he doesn't have a ton of experience. He's improved drastically in the time he's played. Good at both run and pass blocking. My guess is he might not start for the Bills in September, but he may grow quickly into a starter.

#137 Israel Abanakanda A running back with enough size to have some power at 215 lbs, but he's also one of the faster RBs in the draft.

#205 Bryce Ford-Wheaton He's a big, strong, fast receiver who's got some work to do in order to develop, particularly in route running. At close to 6'4" and over 220 lbs he ran one of the faster 40 yard dashes at the combine at 4.38. He's got good hands and is a good blocker. He'll takee some time to develop and development will depend on his attitude and football smarts.

The one flaw in this mock, and it's a big one, is that Draft Tek does not have the Bills picking a linebacker. Unless Tyrel Dodson or Terrell Bernard play surprisingly well, Buffalo would miss Edmunds in this scenario. I don't think AJ Klein has any surprises left in him at his age.

I don't know why the Mazi Smithy hype reminds me of the Ed Oliver hype. Let's not repeat our mistakes.

Woodman
04-25-2023, 02:34 PM
2 more days!!

:gobills: