• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Damar Hamlin cleared by doctors to return to fooball

Never thought this would happen.

Shortly after Bills General Manager Brandon Beane announced that safety Damar Hamlin has been fully cleared to return to action after last year's on-field cardiac arrest, Hamlin took the podium for a press conference of his own.

Shortly after Bills General Manager Brandon Beane announced that safety Damar Hamlin has been fully cleared to return to action after last year’s on-field cardiac arrest, Hamlin took the podium for a press conference of his own.

Hamlin confirmed that he has been given the green light to resume his football career by doctors and that he will be doing so this season.

“This event was life-changing, but it’s not the end of my story,” Hamlin said. “I’m here to announce that I plan on making a comeback to the NFL.”

Hamlin confirmed that he was diagnosed with Commotio Cordis, which is usually caused by someone getting hit in the chest at the wrong moment in their heart rhythm. The quick response to Hamlin’s collapse by medical personnel in Cincinnati saved his life and Hamlin said he will continue to be an advocate for CPR training and defibrillator availability.

Hamlin said that there is a lot of work to do physically and mentally to prepare for getting back on the field, but added that he likes his chances of doing so given odds that he’s already beaten in his life.
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Damar Hamlin cleared by doctors to return to fooball

Originally posted by swiper View Post

I was blowing up people online for using this as a way to make this about something it shouldnt of been

But this is sketchy as ****

"Commotio cordis is the leading cause of death in youth athletes across all sports."

This is such a HUGE lie that the doctors told him, and idk if hamlin mispoke or what, but commotio cordis is one of the rarest things that can possibly EVER happen to any athlete let alone being "the leading cause of death among young athletes"

You get it by being struck in the chest at the exact milasecond your heart is about to beat. Also most athletes suffering from heart attacks have been from non contact injuries

This whole handling of the hamlin situation since it happened has been awkward and extremely sketchy. Jeremy Roenick had a heart attack during a game years ago and played like 15 yrs afterwards. Yes it was an extremely scary situation when it happened. But from everything i read and heard from doctors, it was pretty obvious he'd play this year. It wasnt a career threatening injury, which is another thing thats weird to me. Weve seen players break their necks and nearly become paralyzed, yet never this much media gushing and they never play again

Why is it some heroic thing that hes back, if anybody did any research on this at all, it was pretty obvious hed be back when all his reports checked out that he had no heart condition. Why is Biden calling him? Why is the media so hung up in this STILL. Why did every bills game become specifically about Hamlin

I honestly feel bad for the dude because its getting to the point where it looks like his situation is being used as a media ploy rather than with genuine care about him. I laughed at and thought it was extremely distasteful when the week of hamlins injury, people were pushing a bunch of narratives out, but its getting a little awkward now.

Am i the only one whos starting to get weirded out by the constant media gushing, multiple interviews, hamlin watch during the games, our ****ing president calling him, multiple articles about "i cant believe he came back", his awkward pause with strahan when he was asked what caused it, and now him either lying or being told a lie that is now the narrative?

I do think it probably was a freak accident, and i genuinely dont think its vaccine related, but someone is trying to save face here. Maybe its the nfl going to the opposite extreme because of how bad of a look that situation was when they are trying to promote player safety. Maybe their goal now is to turn Hamlin into a hero and symbol to make it become such an amazing thing, that people dont think about the dangers of it. But in the same breath, if these conspiracy theories were to be true, THIS would be exactly how the nfl would handle it to avoid backlash. Make hamlin a hero, dont allow that to get out, and keep it all in this magical story to avoid any scrutiny

I literally cried when this happened, i was checking my phone non stop all week for updates, i cried seeing him in the press, but, then after that, it just sort of got...weird
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
      I was blowing up people online for using this as a way to make this about something it shouldnt of been

But this is sketchy as ****

"Commotio cordis is the leading cause of death in youth athletes across all sports."

This is such a HUGE lie that the doctors told him, and idk if hamlin mispoke or what, but commotio cordis is one of the rarest things that can possibly EVER happen to any athlete let alone being "the leading cause of death among young athletes"

You get it by being struck in the chest at the exact milasecond your heart is about to beat. Also most athletes suffering from heart attacks have been from non contact injuries

This whole handling of the hamlin situation since it happened has been awkward and extremely sketchy. Jeremy Roenick had a heart attack during a game years ago and played like 15 yrs afterwards. Yes it was an extremely scary situation when it happened. But from everything i read and heard from doctors, it was pretty obvious he'd play this year. It wasnt a career threatening injury, which is another thing thats weird to me. Weve seen players break their necks and nearly become paralyzed, yet never this much media gushing and they never play again

Why is it some heroic thing that hes back, if anybody did any research on this at all, it was pretty obvious hed be back when all his reports checked out that he had no heart condition. Why is Biden calling him? Why is the media so hung up in this STILL. Why did every bills game become specifically about Hamlin

I honestly feel bad for the dude because its getting to the point where it looks like his situation is being used as a media ploy rather than with genuine care about him. I laughed at and thought it was extremely distasteful when the week of hamlins injury, people were pushing a bunch of narratives out, but its getting a little awkward now.

Am i the only one whos starting to get weirded out by the constant media gushing, multiple interviews, hamlin watch during the games, our ****ing president calling him, multiple articles about "i cant believe he came back", his awkward pause with strahan when he was asked what caused it, and now him either lying or being told a lie that is now the narrative?

I do think it probably was a freak accident, and i genuinely dont think its vaccine related, but someone is trying to save face here. Maybe its the nfl going to the opposite extreme because of how bad of a look that situation was when they are trying to promote player safety. Maybe their goal now is to turn Hamlin into a hero and symbol to make it become such an amazing thing, that people dont think about the dangers of it. But in the same breath, if these conspiracy theories were to be true, THIS would be exactly how the nfl would handle it to avoid backlash. Make hamlin a hero, dont allow that to get out, and keep it all in this magical story to avoid any scrutiny

I literally cried when this happened, i was checking my phone non stop all week for updates, i cried seeing him in the press, but, then after that, it just sort of got...weird
      There's nothing weird. No conspiracies either. If you or anyone else is somehow upset the guy is getting some attention after being dead on the field and literally getting paddled back to life then that's on you. Not Damar. Not the press. And not the rest of us normal humans that feel nothing but elation that he's back.

Comment

• swiper
        • Sep 2010

Happy he's ok. Surprised he was cleared. This condition is rare in all walks of life.

Comment

Working...
        X