PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick talks about Bills

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Q: How much better is Buffalo? They Added [Takeo] Spikes and [Sam] Adams and loosing [Peerless] Price probably hurt them a little bit.

BB: First of all, the biggest change that I notice in Buffalo is on special teams. They have a new kicker but they have a very explosive return game. Their kickoff return game in preseason has been strong. The punt return game is probably as good as anybody's in the league. Antonio Brown has shown great speed and play making ability in that phase of the game. So that is a big change for them. Offensively, they have a number of new faces. They have [Sam] Gash at fullback. [Josh] Reed stepped in as their regular receiver. [Bobby] Shaw is their third receiver. It looks like there is a little more emphasis on some of their two-back runs with Gash in there but they also still have their passing game even without Price they still have a lot of weapons in the passing game. They get the ball down the field and do a pretty good job of balancing their attack between power running and giving the ball to [Travis] Henry who is one of the top backs in the league, and being able to sling it. Defensively, the additions starting, with Dick LeBeau. I think you can already start to see some of his influence in the defensive scheme, some blitz-zoning, some different pressures. They are doing a few things schematically a little different than they did last year on defense. They have added some players like Spikes and [Jeff] Posey, Adams to go with Pat Williams on the defensive line. [Ryan] Denney is starting for them at left end so they look like they have incorporated a little bit of some scheme changes and then also some personnel changes. They look bigger on defense especially with Adams in there and Williams. They have added some pass rushers in terms of Posey and some playmakers in terms of Spikes. They are a good solid team that has added some players and added some scheme things in the offseason. You see those things in the preseason games. I am sure they have got some things that they are holding back too.

Full Transcript (http://flash.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=25013&type=general)

The Spaz
09-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Oh man he knows our secret weapon Antonio Brown damn it.....lol:)!

Cntrygal
09-04-2003, 06:31 AM
:up:

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

who hasn't heard about him lol? ... but sadly for them, on punt situations, they wont be able to avoid him.. unless they go for it on 4th down :snicker:

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 06:36 AM
BB knows all. He's one of the NFL's best game-planners. He finds the weaknesses and exploits the heck out of them.

Look what happened to Buffalo's offense last year. As soon as we played the Pats, the weakness was exposed. At that point, everyone started using the same game plan against us and our Offense went down the toilet the second half of the season. Doesn't say too much for Gilbride's abilities, does it.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 11:16 AM
I would have like this exchange:

Q: Mr. Belichek, did you know the Bills just signed Lawyer Milloy? What do you make of that?

A: Long periods of silence...order me some no doze...I got to rewrite the playbook in less than 24 hours. faint...heart attack

Jan Reimers
09-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I would have like this exchange:

Q: Mr. Belichek, did you know the Bills just signed Lawyer Milloy? What do you make of that?

A: Long periods of silence...order me some no doze...I got to rewrite the playbook in less than 24 hours. faint...heart attack

Good one, Eb - but I still think that BB is a lot smarter than GW, and that scares me.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Good one, Eb - but I still think that BB is a lot smarter than GW, and that scares me.

true, but think about what he has to do since cutting Milloy...he has to change the defensive terminology, audible system, mask the coverages...and then teach it to the players...it could be mass chaos...Milloy probably knows some of the offensive calls and audibles too...that's alot to ask...IF gr-EGG head has an ounce of brains he will stand Milloy between the two coordinators and just have Milloy tell them what is going on out on the field.

TigerJ
09-04-2003, 01:11 PM
At least he sounds like he respects the Bills. I agree he has to be under considerable pressure because Milloy knows the terminology and playbook, and he doesn't have the time to make wholesale changes AND teach those changes to his team.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
BB knows all. He's one of the NFL's best game-planners. He finds the weaknesses and exploits the heck out of them.

Plus, he's an overrated piece of garbage. :D

jaja54
09-04-2003, 01:16 PM
true, but think about what he has to do since cutting Milloy...he has to change the defensive terminology, audible system, mask the coverages...and then teach it to the players...it could be mass chaos...Milloy probably knows some of the offensive calls and audibles too...that's alot to ask...IF gr-EGG head has an ounce of brains he will stand Milloy between the two coordinators and just have Milloy tell them what is going on out on the field.

I doubt he changes much. You don't go through all of TC and change your audibles two days prior to Opening day.

You may know what's coming but you still have to execute. And if they execute the play better they win!

ArcticWildMan
09-04-2003, 01:23 PM
He sure was careful not to give us any locker room material. He almost sounded like he was our coach he was trying so hard not to say anything bad about us!

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Anyone else feel this is a slap in the face? I mean, his biggest concern is our special teams? Read deeper into it, and it may be motivation material to the O and D.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by jaja54
I doubt he changes much. You don't go through all of TC and change your audibles two days prior to Opening day.

Oakland didn't change anything when Gruden left...the TB players were laughing when they heard the cadence exactly as Gruden told them it would be.

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Oakland didn't change anything when Gruden left...the TB players were laughing when they heard the cadence exactly as Gruden told them it would be.

that is EXACTLY what i was thinking... exactly..

i hope he is so confident that he doesnt change crap..

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

there is only one problem the patriots face.. ok.. so they know brown looks good.. but can they tackle him..

special teams is not a game of chess.. not like offense and defense.. st is who wants it more.. who is gonna make the block.. who is gonna get the tackle..

they can know he is good all they want.. that doesnt mean it will help them catch him from behind.. unless they got a secret weapons that runs a 3.8 40 yard dash. :D