PDA

View Full Version : Best available for Rds 2-3

YardRat
04-28-2023, 05:43 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/28/23699667/best-available-players-2023-nfl-draft-will-levis-joey-porter-jr

Mike13
04-28-2023, 07:17 AM
Are Will Levis's sisters available?

Woodman
04-28-2023, 07:45 AM
OT Mauch or C Tippmann would love one of those guys next.

Mad Max
04-28-2023, 07:51 AM
OT Mauch or C Tippmann would love one of those guys next.
1.) O’Cyrus Torrence OG
2.) Steve Avila OG
3.) Cody Mauch OG
4.) Zach Charbonnet RB

would be thrilled with any of these in the second

Woodman
04-28-2023, 08:01 AM
1.) O’Cyrus Torrence OG
2.) Steve Avila OG
3.) Cody Mauch OG
4.) Zach Charbonnet RB

would be thrilled with any of these in the second

I should have included O'Cyrus Torrence OG and Steve Avila OG. :cheers:

We have a long wait picking 28th now in the 2nd with Miami back in the rotation.

4 picks left for us.

:gobills:

sukie
04-28-2023, 09:34 AM
Trade our 2 and 6 plus a pick next year for Chase Young.

Woodman
04-28-2023, 09:41 AM
Trade our 2 and 6 plus a pick next year for Chase Young.
Chase Young injury history- Exploring why Commanders are pulling plug on former second overall pick (https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-chase-young-injury-history-exploring-commanders-pulling-plug-former-second-overall-pick#:~:text=The%202020%20NFL%20Draft%20second,a%20result%20of%20the%20injury.)

DraftBoy
04-28-2023, 12:06 PM
20 Options:
S Brian Branch
CB Joey Porter Jr
OG Steve Avila
WR Jonathan Mingo
OC Joe Tippman
OG O'Cyrus Torrance
EDGE Keion White
OT Cody Mauch
RB Zach Charbonnet
DT Zacch Pickens
LB Drew Sanders
EDGE Isaiah Foskey
CB Cam Smith
S Jordan Battle
RB Tank Bigsby
S Antonio Johnson
OT Wanya Morris
EDGE YaYa Diaby
OG Braelan Davies
DT Byron Young

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2023, 12:25 PM
If the Bills take a RB in round 2 I will punch all of you that had a RB on your list.

Historian
04-28-2023, 12:40 PM
I think the next pick is beef....probably an offensive tackle.

Then a linebacker, and a corner, not necessarily in that order.

Forward_Lateral
04-28-2023, 01:17 PM
If the Bills take a RB in round 2 I will punch all of you that had a RB on your list.

I will punch myself in the dick

cookie G
04-28-2023, 01:48 PM

After last night's run, there isn't much left. Its not surprising.

Matt Bergeron from Syracuse is there. I liked him during the Senior Bowl practices. He was moving his feet pretty well and stopping people. As an added bonus, if he doesn't work at RT, he can go to guard. IDK..some think he'd be great as a guard.

Cody Mauch, lots of talk moving to the inside because of his arm length. IDK, they aren't THAT short..a little over 32 ". I will say this about him. He's athletic. The long hair, toothless grin, viking look...he's one of the few I'd say whose demeanor fits his look. At the Senior Bowl, that's how he played.. Every rep looked like a street fight with him. Al Nagy, the director of the Senior Bowl, when asked, if there is one guy you want on your team, who would it be...he said Mauch without hesitation. He didn't say he was the best player there, but someone you want on your side. He could come in, look at Allen and say, He's my QB, I'm going to die protecting him.

After that..its pretty slim pickings and not sure anyone else is going to help. With those two, you at least have a chance of improving the position.

Best case scenario, (though Im not holding out hope), is that Brown gets healthy AND improves his technique. He's got the talent to be a Pro Bowler..if he can put it together. But then, Im not holding out all hope for that. Actually, the same applies to Tommy Doyle.

but you don't win on a hope.

On the inside, Avila immediately improves the position. JMS and Tippman are still there...but in the 3rd, or maybe the 4th, Ricky Stromberg, C Arkansas would be a nice pick up. So could Zavala, a G from NC st. He'd be there as a pass protector, and he's very good at it.

DraftBoy
04-28-2023, 03:15 PM
After last night's run, there isn't much left. Its not surprising.

Matt Bergeron from Syracuse is there. I liked him during the Senior Bowl practices. He was moving his feet pretty well and stopping people. As an added bonus, if he doesn't work at RT, he can go to guard. IDK..some think he'd be great as a guard.

Cody Mauch, lots of talk moving to the inside because of his arm length. IDK, they aren't THAT short..a little over 32 ". I will say this about him. He's athletic. The long hair, toothless grin, viking look...he's one of the few I'd say whose demeanor fits his look. At the Senior Bowl, that's how he played.. Every rep looked like a street fight with him. Al Nagy, the director of the Senior Bowl, when asked, if there is one guy you want on your team, who would it be...he said Mauch without hesitation. He didn't say he was the best player there, but someone you want on your side. He could come in, look at Allen and say, He's my QB, I'm going to die protecting him.

After that..its pretty slim pickings and not sure anyone else is going to help. With those two, you at least have a chance of improving the position.

Best case scenario, (though Im not holding out hope), is that Brown gets healthy AND improves his technique. He's got the talent to be a Pro Bowler..if he can put it together. But then, Im not holding out all hope for that. Actually, the same applies to Tommy Doyle.

but you don't win on a hope.

On the inside, Avila immediately improves the position. JMS and Tippman are still there...but in the 3rd, or maybe the 4th, Ricky Stromberg, C Arkansas would be a nice pick up. So could Zavala, a G from NC st. He'd be there as a pass protector, and he's very good at it.

I like the OG Davies as a potential late tonight grab. Super quick feet, generates decent power, and pulls better than most in the class. Some concerns about his anchor but if you can improve his tech and add some strength you could have something.

Woodman
04-28-2023, 03:17 PM
Fred Jackson will announce our 2nd round pick tonight.

Please no RB.

Night Train
04-28-2023, 04:13 PM

I just think ILB types are flat this year. Many are limited and one of those just left, IMO
I hope they have a feel for someone. I noticed Beane on the pre-draft show on Ch,7 made a point to mention Klein, Dodson, Bernard and Spector. Said he wanted to see what they could do. They would try some things with the D look. IS that showing he thinks that's a thin position this weeked ? Possibly. That's why Dodson and Klein were signed back. Covering himself for now.

How would a mid to late round LB rookie suddenly jump to the front ?? I get some are backups, more of a will fit, etc.

OL is NEVER a bad idea. I get a DT with none signed for next year. S or CB. We'll see. Go Bills !

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-28-2023, 04:53 PM
I just think ILB types are flat this year. Many are limited and one of those just left, IMO
I hope they have a feel for someone. I noticed Beane on the pre-draft show on Ch,7 made a point to mention Klein, Dodson, Bernard and Spector. Said he wanted to see what they could do. They would try some things with the D look. IS that showing he thinks that's a thin position this weeked ? Possibly. That's why Dodson and Klein were signed back. Covering himself for now.

How would a mid to late round LB rookie suddenly jump to the front ?? I get some are backups, more of a will fit, etc.

OL is NEVER a bad idea. I get a DT with none signed for next year. S or CB. We'll see. Go Bills !

I think they should play with what they have, which are already mid-to-late LBs, and not rookies, so there's that. Spector, to me, played like a vet. Bernard is a bit small. The other two are serviceable backups. Maybe they look at UDFA or wait on 31-team cuts to 53 for some PS talent they can develop.

Ed
04-28-2023, 05:08 PM
I think my top targets would be:

1. DT Keeanu Benton
2. DE Adetomiwa Adebawore
3. LB Drew Sanders
4. DE Keion White
5. OT Matthew Bergeron

If they don't get Sanders I would pass on LBs all together.

YardRat
04-28-2023, 05:11 PM
If LB Sanders doesn't drop, the only other guy I'm even slightly interested in at LBer is Overshown. Since we shipped off our fourth, we'll probably have to reach some and grab him in the third.

I would have loved to snag WR Downs or Hyatt if they dropped also, but we can't afford more "weapons for Josh" now.

Other guys I'd like to see the next couple of days are DT Karl Brooks...IOL Tippman, Wypler or Oluwatimi...S Joseph or Battle.

Mad Max
04-28-2023, 05:23 PM

Hahahaahha. Worry not, we will most likely NOT be taking a big bruising running back this year as I’ve wished for the team since Marshawn (and the ghost of Willis Mcgahee) left BUT my crystal ball has foretold that Zach Charbonnet will be a beastly get for any team.

cookie G
04-28-2023, 06:48 PM
I like the OG Davies as a potential late tonight grab. Super quick feet, generates decent power, and pulls better than most in the class. Some concerns about his anchor but if you can improve his tech and add some strength you could have something.

Braeden Daniels from Utah?

He's got good feet. But yeah, it looks like he could use to put on some heft, esp. if he's moving inside.