PDA

View Full Version : Name one starter on our team that if we lost

Cali512
05-03-2023, 02:34 AM
We would go into the season perfectly content with their backup, without even attempting to replace them?

Im just curious

Im not talking about Knox with Kincaid being here. Im talking about literally every player on our team, that if we lost in free agency, that we would not even attempt to replace that player with another free agent or draft pick?

Asking for a friend

Cali512
05-03-2023, 02:53 AM
We filled every need on this team, in every other position of need, we added competition, there is one specific position that this front office looked at the backups and thought "they can do just as well"

MLB

Singletary gone, Harris in
Mckenzie gone, Hardy-Sherfield-Kincaid in
Saffold gone, Torrence in

We even added competition to positions we didn't even need. S-TE-RG

Its telling that we didnt even attempt to replace Edmunds

HipKat
05-03-2023, 04:49 AM
We filled every need on this team, in every other position of need, we added competition, there is one specific position that this front office looked at the backups and thought "they can do just as well"

MLB

Singletary gone, Harris in
Mckenzie gone, Hardy-Sherfield-Kincaid in
Saffold gone, Torrence in

We even added competition to positions we didn't even need. S-TE-RG

Its telling that we didnt even attempt to replace Edmunds

I think for a team up against the Cap, Beane did a pretty fine job so far, this off-season. I'll miss Motor a bit, as I feel he got short-changed by crappy play calling behind a crappier O-line and I'm not enamored by James Cook, but bringing Latavius Murray in will work out pretty good, I think. The guy is a playmaker who also has over 1500 yrds receiving.

Won't miss McKenzie at all.

YardRat
05-03-2023, 05:22 AM
Gabe Davis. Shakir could step right in and we'd probably be fine. Different traits, but Shakir is faster and should have better separation technique with a year's experience and would stretch the field. It's not like Davis' 'big target' attributes are an asset in the red zone anyway.

Forward_Lateral
05-03-2023, 06:27 AM
Gabe Davis. Shakir could step right in and we'd probably be fine. Different traits, but Shakir is faster and should have better separation technique with a year's experience and would stretch the field. It's not like Davis' 'big target' attributes are an asset in the red zone anyway.
This is really the only good answer. That, or RB, since Cook is a relative unknown at this point, and they have Harris and now Murray behind him, who are perfectly capable of not running the ball.

ParanoidAndroid
05-03-2023, 07:07 AM
I'll go with Ed Oliver. Ford could step in there and wed be fine.

swiper
05-03-2023, 07:17 AM
This is really the only good answer. That, or RB, since Cook is a relative unknown at this point, and they have Harris and now Murray behind him, who are perfectly capable of not running the ball.

Nope. Disagree with that totally. The real answer is @ MLB. We don't know who it is yet. I presume Dodson. Any other LB not named Milano, could probably step in and cover in a similar fashion. I presume the choice would be one of AJ Klein, Matkovich, Benard, Spector or Williams.

And Shakir isn't Davis. Davis had some bad times last season, but I am confident he fixes that this season. He knows if he doesn't that his NFL career is suddenly on the downslide.

Canadian'eh!
05-03-2023, 08:02 AM
Josh Allen

Forward_Lateral
05-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Josh Allen

The question was who could they do without, you potato

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Disagree with that totally. The real answer is @ MLB. We don't know who it is yet. I presume Dodson. Any other LB not named Milano, could probably step in and cover in a similar fashion. I presume the choice would be one of AJ Klein, Matkovich, Benard, Spector or Williams.

And Shakir isn't Davis. Davis had some bad times last season, but I am confident he fixes that this season. He knows if he doesn't that his NFL career is suddenly on the downslide.
LOL well, they kind of did this already, so touche

mightysimi
05-03-2023, 08:17 AM
I'm going to say one of the guards could be replaced relatively pain free.

Cali512
05-03-2023, 08:19 AM
The question was who could they do without, you potato

- - - Updated - - -

LOL well, they kind of did this already, so touche

No, the question is, name a starter on our team that if we lost, we wouldnt even try to replace

I can name 2. Ryan Bates and James Cook. but we already have a backup plan

If we lost Gabe Davis, we are adding a receiver, if we lost Oliver/Jones we are finding a new DT, if we lose even Spencer Brown, i guarantee we are looking at a RT

Yet we didnt even attempt to get a new MLB

imbondz
05-03-2023, 08:26 AM
Damar :couch:

Mad Bomber
05-03-2023, 08:28 AM
Josh Allen
You’d be perfectly content with Matt Barkley and Kyle Allen as our QBs?

Mr. Pink
05-03-2023, 08:45 AM
James Cook

None of our running backs are worth a damn so it doesn't matter who plays and running the ball doesn't matter in today's NFL anyway.

Outside of that we have no real depth anywhere except tight end

ParanoidAndroid
05-03-2023, 09:18 AM
As defenses are getting smaller in the middle, some teams, like the Bills, are adding a power running component to their scheme. (Adding Torrence, Harris and Murray). So, saying running the ball doesn't matter is weird. If you can eat clock, wear down defenses, and play keep away versus offenses like KC and Cinci, you give yourself another pathway to wins, especially when games are close.

We were terrible on 3rd and short and inside the 5 last year. Running matters.

That said, I think Hines can do what Cook does without noticeable dropoff. That is unless he shows us more than he did last year.

Forward_Lateral
05-03-2023, 10:34 AM
Damar :couch:

He's not a starter

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-03-2023, 11:16 AM
Bass

DraftBoy
05-03-2023, 12:27 PM
I think the addition of Rapp we could lose Poyer or Hyde and be ok. There would be some fall off, but I'd feel much better about the depth there now with Rapp on the team.

Another one is probably Elam with Dane Jackson as the backup. Proven vet with plenty of starting experience. He's not going to be shut down but he could do the job.

Canadian'eh!
05-03-2023, 02:46 PM
You’d be perfectly content with Matt Barkley and Kyle Allen as our QBs?

it was a joke. lol

Canadian'eh!
05-03-2023, 02:48 PM
I think the addition of Rapp we could lose Poyer or Hyde and be ok. There would be some fall off, but I'd feel much better about the depth there now with Rapp on the team.

Another one is probably Elam with Dane Jackson as the backup. Proven vet with plenty of starting experience. He's not going to be shut down but he could do the job.

on a serious note.... I Agree with Rapp. He's a good player and our backup S position is FAR better than last year.

Could we maybe add Dawson Knox now?

EDS
05-03-2023, 03:10 PM
If we lost whoever is starting at MLB or WLB the team would be fine because the starters are not very good, so minimal if any loss in performance going to the back-up.

notacon
05-03-2023, 03:26 PM
We would go into the season perfectly content with their backup, without even attempting to replace them?

Im just curious

Im not talking about Knox with Kincaid being here. Im talking about literally every player on our team, that if we lost in free agency, that we would not even attempt to replace that player with another free agent or draft pick?

Asking for a friend

What is the purpose of this thread???? Who is the “friend” you are asking for???

Or is this just another lame attempt to **** on the one high profile player the Bills lost in FA this year??? A continuation of your thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263054-So-lets-talk-about-our-new-LB) (that is broken so I can’t quote it or even see your last posts).

The question you pose is a non sequitur since if any “starter" is “lost in FA” is going to be “replaced”. They don’t just take the field with one less player.

If you are suggesting to be satisfied (“perfectly content” is another misleading supposition) "without even attempting to replace them” with another of equal or greater perceived (by you I suppose) quality?!?!?

Maybe if you explain your mindset in presenting this thread it might be worthwhile engaging.

I’ll come back tomorrow to see if you have a cognizant explanation.

Cali512
05-03-2023, 04:01 PM
What is the purpose of this thread???? Who is the “friend” you are asking for???

Or is this just another lame attempt to **** on the one high profile player the Bills lost in FA this year??? A continuation of your thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263054-So-lets-talk-about-our-new-LB) (that is broken so I can’t quote it or even see your last posts).

The question you pose is a non sequitur since if any “starter" is “lost in FA” is going to be “replaced”. They don’t just take the field with one less player.

If you are suggesting to be satisfied (“perfectly content” is another misleading supposition) "without even attempting to replace them” with another of equal or greater perceived (by you I suppose) quality?!?!?

Maybe if you explain your mindset in presenting this thread it might be worthwhile engaging.

I’ll come back tomorrow to see if you have a cognizant explanation.

We lost a player that you consider a great LB and we are perfectly content running it next year with his backup. How do you justify him being a good player when we didnt even attempt to resign him, bring in a LB in free agency or the draft? If he was so good and important, we wouldnt believe his backups would be perfectly fine replacing him

We would replace Davis, Allen, Dawkins, Brown, Morse, Saffold, Rousseau, Oliver, Milano, White, Poyer, and Hyde

We brought in backups for some of them, but we wouldnt run it back with Shakir as our number 2, Kyle Allen as our starter, Elam and benford without white, Bates at center

We wouldnt be content with their backups picking up the slack

You argued all year that Klein isnt even close to as good as edmunds and we value edmunds highly. Yet we didnt resign him, and are perfectly content with Klein replacing him. It just goes completely against everything you argued the last 2 seasons

Cali512
05-03-2023, 04:05 PM
I think a lot of people on this thread missed the point i was trying to make. We replaced every player we lost except one. We brought in competition for some starters

The only position on this whole team that we didnt even attempt to replace was our MLB. The one position on this whole team that we havent invested in a backup plan or any type of replacement. We are PERFECTLY content with his backup taking his role. Thats telling more than anything we can ever possibly explain

sukie
05-03-2023, 04:21 PM
We drafted a LB. Cap hell prevented a deep dive into FA but who was available?

Mace
05-03-2023, 06:03 PM
Reid Ferguson.

DraftBoy
05-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Reid Ferguson.

HOW DARE YOU!?

Forward_Lateral
05-04-2023, 06:19 AM
Reid Ferguson.

Not without replacing him they couldn't.

I'm 100% serious too.

Night Train
05-04-2023, 06:36 AM
Craptastic thread ! :rofl:

notacon
05-04-2023, 12:37 PM
We lost a player that you consider a great LB and we are perfectly content running it next year with his backup. How do you justify him being a good player when we didnt even attempt to resign him, bring in a LB in free agency or the draft? If he was so good and important, we wouldnt believe his backups would be perfectly fine replacing him

We would replace Davis, Allen, Dawkins, Brown, Morse, Saffold, Rousseau, Oliver, Milano, White, Poyer, and Hyde

We brought in backups for some of them, but we wouldnt run it back with Shakir as our number 2, Kyle Allen as our starter, Elam and benford without white, Bates at center

We wouldnt be content with their backups picking up the slack

You argued all year that Klein isnt even close to as good as edmunds and we value edmunds highly. Yet we didnt resign him, and are perfectly content with Klein replacing him. It just goes completely against everything you argued the last 2 seasons

Yep. Just as I suspected. This is not a thread done in good faith. It’s simply another lame attempt of ****ting on Edmunds.

Your screed is filled with the usual misrepresentation, baloney, bullcrap and ignorance.

Not worth the time or effort to engage.

You are shamelessly trolling, just itching to start another pointless argument because of your (and others) incredibly stupid hatred of one of the best LB’s in the NFL evidenced by him being the 4th highest paid one in the NFL.

Money talks and bullcrap walks. His contract talks LOUDLY and your bullcrap is nonsensical and deserves to just walk away in shame.

Edmunds happens to be the first high profile, highly coveted and paid FA the Bills have lost since the McDermott/Beane era.

Your statement that “We would replace Davis, Allen, Dawkins, Brown, Morse, Saffold, Rousseau, Oliver, Milano, White, Poyer, and Hyde” just shows that you know MUCH, MUCH less about football than you think you do.

The FACT is that the team changes every single year. So far this year, fully 25% of the opening day roster are no longer on the team. Every single player that leaves the team is “replaced”.

If you want to have a intelligent and reasonable discussion about how limited money (and draft capital) is distributed and managed across positional groups and individual players within each positional group….I’m game.

If all you want to do is pimp incredibly dumb premises just to **** on Edmunds….go pound salt. I’m not playing your stupid game.

pkschul
05-04-2023, 01:05 PM
Taiwan Jones... he's kind of a starter on ST right?

notacon
05-04-2023, 01:43 PM
We drafted a LB. Cap hell prevented a deep dive into FA but who was available?

Actually, the avoidance of delving into expensive FA for LB has less to do with “cap hell” than it does intelligent allocation of resources.

I alluded to it when I wrote “If you want to have a intelligent and reasonable discussion about how limited money (and draft capital) is distributed and managed across positional groups and individual players within each positional group….I’m game.”

Yes, the Bills not only drafted a LB in 2023 spending a relatively high 3rd round pick, they also did in 2022. And for good measure they drafted another LB last year in round 7.

In the past two years drafts, the number of picks spent on LB’s is the most of any position, and equal with DB’s…

LB – 3
DB – 3
WR – 2
G – 2
RB – 1
T – 1
TE – 1
P – 1
DE – 0

They did not spend higher than a 3rd round pick in 2023 on a LB because that would have been incredibly stupid and counter to doing what’s best for the team. Espeailly with both how the board played out, and the dearth of LB’s that were worth a premium pick.

The Bills drafted EXTREMELY smartly with large amounts of values in grabbing both Kincaid AND Torrence in spots well behind expected, and in the two areas that were GLARING needs.

As for FA….there were no FA LB’s that were worth the expense that were that much better than who they have on the roster. Especially considering the fact that if they signed too many FA’s within certain criteria, they would threatened the 3rd round compensatory pick probably to be awarded because of the loss of Edmunds.

Allocation of resources within each position group is another looming and critical consideration.

The Bills already were allocating a slightly outsized amount on the two highest paid LB’s. Safety was the next group that had two relatively high paid players.

It would be untenable to maintain BOTH of these positions with two highly paid (as ranked by AVG/Y) players.

What made the re-signing of Poyer palatable was because he took a contract that was much, much less then he was seeking.

I did research using overthecap (https://overthecap.com) listing of salaries for every player in every postion. They conveniently list in a form that is easily sorted by what is the most critical criteria…AVG/Y, which is what the team has committed to.

In many ways this is more telling than simple cap because the cap can be manipulated to reduce the cap hits for a year or two, but the money agreed to EVENTUALLY has to be paid (and is accounted to the cap) one way or another.

What is striking is that hardly ANY team has ANY position with two players within the top 10 paid in AVG/Y.

For example, with what has become a very highly paid position (excluding QB’s) is WR’s.

The team with the #1 highest WR (https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver) (in AVG/Y…as all the following rankings reflect that metric) is Miami. The second highest WR on their roster is ranked #40.

The Raiders have the #2 ranked, and in what is going to be an issue for them, the next one is #19. Thier third highest is ranked #25. They are top heavy in WR salary.

KC has (including recently drafted rookies) eleven WR’s on their roster. The ranking of their highest paid one???

#31. Followed by #65, #102, #106 (rookie Rice), #107 (last year’s rookie Skyy Moore) and so on.

The team with the 3rd highest paid WR, Arizona….Their second and third WRs are ranked #75 & then #84.

The team with the 4th highest WR, LA Rams, the next highest paid player ranks #113.

Are we detecting a pattern yet????

The Bills have the #6th highest WR. Next highest paid is ranked #50. Recently signed Deonte Harty.

Then #97, the other recently signed Sherfield at #97. Gabe Davis is ranked #212. Less than last year's drafted Shakir (#209) and this year’s 5th round pick, Justin Shorter….(#181).

LB reflects the same facts. Teams rarely have two highly paid players in the same position.

Ravens have #1 paid LB….next on their team is the #49th. Colts have the 2nd highest paid…next for them is the #33rd.

Chicago is now top heavy with the #4 (yes, Edmunds) and #17.

The Bills now have the 7th highest paid (Milano), and next up is special teams ace Tyler Matakevich at #58. Then Dodson, #61, Dorian Williams #87….AJ Klein, #90….Bernard, #94.

Of course these change every year. But the point is that the cap encourages and almost requires that teams do NOT have too many highly paid players in each position.

The quest is always to have the best players a team can have in every position. The unrealistic expectations of too many “fans” is that is desirable without acknowledging (or even trying to comprehend) that it is nearly impossible.

Once a player is approaching the end of his rookie contract, IF he is a STAR, he WILL GET PAID LIKE ONE, and that requires intelligent management of resources….and smart drafting.

The Bills have done exactly that with the LB position, no matter how much haters like Cali can’t understand it.

sukie
05-04-2023, 02:38 PM
Oh I agree… core stats and rookie contracts on a carousel until Josh retires

Mr. Pink
05-04-2023, 03:08 PM
As defenses are getting smaller in the middle, some teams, like the Bills, are adding a power running component to their scheme. (Adding Torrence, Harris and Murray). So, saying running the ball doesn't matter is weird. If you can eat clock, wear down defenses, and play keep away versus offenses like KC and Cinci, you give yourself another pathway to wins, especially when games are close.

We were terrible on 3rd and short and inside the 5 last year. Running matters.

That said, I think Hines can do what Cook does without noticeable dropoff. That is unless he shows us more than he did last year.

Running does not matter in todays NFL. Only one game did our short yardage deficiencies actually hurt us over the past couple seasons. Against the Titans when Josh slipped on 4th down.

We were the number 1 team in 3rd down conversions in 2022. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

If you want to claim we were terrible on 3rd and shorts, find the proof and show it.

If you want to go with 4th down conversion to prove your point? We were 12th in the league in 4th down conversion rate. https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=O&cat=W&yr=2022&lg=NFL&sort=fourthpct

Red zone efficiency? 9th in the NFL. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct We were actually 1st in 2021.

Want to claim we were awful in that aspect, show the proof. I've shown the opposite of what you're claiming.

In conclusion, running the ball does not matter in today's NFL. You do not win by having a good running game and it always amazed me how Buffalo Bills fans don't understand this just based on how good our running game was back when Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch were here. We had the number 1 rated running offense in football and didn't even sniff the playoffs, let alone a Championship.

notacon
05-05-2023, 12:16 PM
Running does not matter in todays NFL. Only one game did our short yardage deficiencies actually hurt us over the past couple seasons. Against the Titans when Josh slipped on 4th down.

We were the number 1 team in 3rd down conversions in 2022. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

If you want to claim we were terrible on 3rd and shorts, find the proof and show it.

If you want to go with 4th down conversion to prove your point? We were 12th in the league in 4th down conversion rate. https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=O&cat=W&yr=2022&lg=NFL&sort=fourthpct

Red zone efficiency? 9th in the NFL. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct We were actually 1st in 2021.

Want to claim we were awful in that aspect, show the proof. I've shown the opposite of what you're claiming.

In conclusion, running the ball does not matter in today's NFL. You do not win by having a good running game and it always amazed me how Buffalo Bills fans don't understand this just based on how good our running game was back when Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch were here. We had the number 1 rated running offense in football and didn't even sniff the playoffs, let alone a Championship.
To say that "running the ball does not matter in today's NFL” is rather shortsighted and myopically silly.

Lack of running game limits the effectiveness of the passing game. Certainly the run game is not as critical as it was 25 or 30+ years ago, but offenses that are one dimensional are working with one arm tied behind their back.

notacon
05-05-2023, 01:03 PM
Oh I agree… core stats and rookie contracts on a carousel until Josh retires
Quite right. The NFL, who values “parity”, does everything they can to promote as many teams being in the playoff hunt as late in the year as they can. In large part, that is accomplished with the cap, which rewards the players as the total revenue of the league grows and prevents the owners of the richest teams from buying championships.

With the dedicated push to encourage the exciting passing game and to protect QB’s, their value as soared.

It’s no surprise that the AVG/Y cost for the #1 highest paid player in any position is QB....a whopping $52M a year.

Next is WR’s at $30M. (nominally, DT Aaron Donald is the next highest paid in any position group at $31.6M, but that is an anomaly. The gap between him and the #2 DT is huge....$8M. The gap between the #1 and #2 QB is only #1M and WR is only $2M).

That means that highest paid QB’s is 73% MORE than the highest paid WR. Obviously, once even a very good QB is paid (not even getting into the elite) it affects every other position. CBA limited rookie contracts with 4 or 5 years known expense, is critical to the churn and burn that is essential to maintaining and especially MANAGING a roster.

With the market based system of pay scale for every position....as one player signs a big fat contract, other players are chasing that and their agents using that as the standard for their negotiating, where any individual player ranking in relation to their peers is extremely important.

That is why the 14 positions that have multiple players on each team (excluding single player positions....LS, FB, K & P) for 32 teams (448 instances) only FOUR teams have two players within the top 10 AVG/Y salary for the same position...

Miami - CB - #3 & #6
Baltimore - CB - #4 & #10
LAC - EDGE - #2 & #5
Wash - DL - #3 & #8.

And yes, the ranking of top salaries in each position is important. That’s how the franchise tag dollar amount is calculated and every player and agent knows where they fall in the pay scale hierarchy for their position. You can bet the house on that!!

With that said, here is the full Bills roster (as of 5/4/23) and how overthecap categorizes each position and AVG/Y salary with each players ranking within his position group. The list is sorted by the rank of the highest paid player....yes, K Tyler Bass is the highest paid player as measured by rank of AVG/Y salary for his position...

I’ve included the data points of age and FA stats as presented by overthecap (https://overthecap.com).

<tbody>
Position
Rank
Player
FA

K
Tyler Bass (https://overthecap.com/player/tyler-bass/8928/)
$5,100,000
2028 UFA

WR
Stefon Diggs (https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994/)
$24,000,000
2028 UFA

Deonte Harty (https://overthecap.com/player/deonte-harty/8512/)
$4,750,000
2025 UFA

Trent Sherfield (https://overthecap.com/player/trent-sherfield/7544/)
$1,770,000
2024 UFA

Cole Beasley (https://overthecap.com/player/cole-beasley/613/)
$1,120,000
2023 UFA

Justin Shorter (https://overthecap.com/player/justin-shorter/10974/)
$1,040,987
2024 ERFA

Jake Kumerow (https://overthecap.com/player/jake-kumerow/4455/)
$1,035,000
2023 UFA

Dezmon Patmon (https://overthecap.com/player/dezmon-patmon/8952/)
$1,020,000
2024 RFA

Khalil Shakir (https://overthecap.com/player/khalil-shakir/10193/)
$1,001,788
2026 UFA

Gabriel Davis (https://overthecap.com/player/gabriel-davis/8868/)
$998,593
2024 UFA

KeeSean Johnson (https://overthecap.com/player/keesean-johnson/7965/)
$946,500
2024 RFA

Isaiah Coulter (https://overthecap.com/player/isaiah-coulter/8911/)
$930,000
2025 RFA

CB
Tre'Davious White (https://overthecap.com/player/tredavious-white/5611/)
$17,250,000
2026 UFA

Taron Johnson (https://overthecap.com/player/taron-johnson/7006/)
$8,000,000
2025 UFA

Kaiir Elam (https://overthecap.com/player/kaiir-elam/10068/)
$3,422,703
2026 UFA

Siran Neal (https://overthecap.com/player/siran-neal/7039/)
$3,000,000
2025 UFA

Dane Jackson (https://overthecap.com/player/dane-jackson/8979/)
$2,010,000
2024 UFA

Cameron Lewis (https://overthecap.com/player/cameron-lewis/8399/)
$1,185,000
2024 UFA

Alex Austin (https://overthecap.com/player/alex-austin/11076/)
$979,446
2024 ERFA

Christian Benford (https://overthecap.com/player/christian-benford/10230/)
$963,570
2026 UFA

Kyler McMichael (https://overthecap.com/player/kyler-mcmichael/10526/)
$837,000
2025 ERFA

Ja'Marcus Ingram (https://overthecap.com/player/jamarcus-ingram/10766/)
$836,500
2025 ERFA

EDGE
Von Miller (https://overthecap.com/player/von-miller/2/)
$20,000,000
2028 UFA

Gregory Rousseau (https://overthecap.com/player/gregory-rousseau/9494/)
$2,902,048
2025 UFA

A.J. Epenesa (https://overthecap.com/player/a-j-epenesa/8794/)
$1,469,326
2024 UFA

Carlos Basham Jr. (https://overthecap.com/player/carlos-basham-jr/9525/)
$1,406,236
2025 UFA

Shaq Lawson (https://overthecap.com/player/shaq-lawson/4732/)
$1,317,500
2024 UFA

Kingsley Jonathan (https://overthecap.com/player/kingsley-jonathan/10603/)
$929,250
2025 RFA

LB
Matt Milano (https://overthecap.com/player/matt-milano/5749/)
$14,165,000
2027 Void

Tyler Matakevich (https://overthecap.com/player/tyler-matakevich/4959/)
$2,500,000
2024 Void

Tyrel Dodson (https://overthecap.com/player/tyrel-dodson/8394/)
$2,010,000
2024 UFA

Dorian Williams (https://overthecap.com/player/dorian-williams/10915/)
$1,345,702
2024 ERFA

A.J. Klein (https://overthecap.com/player/a-j-klein/2312/)
$1,317,500
2024 UFA

Terrel Bernard (https://overthecap.com/player/terrel-bernard/10134/)
$1,283,216
2026 UFA

FB
Reggie Gilliam (https://overthecap.com/player/reggie-gilliam/9365/)
$2,300,000
2025 UFA

TE
Dawson Knox (https://overthecap.com/player/dawson-knox/7887/)
$13,000,000
2027 UFA

Dalton Kincaid (https://overthecap.com/player/dalton-kincaid/10849/)
$3,356,760
2024 ERFA

Zach Davidson (https://overthecap.com/player/zach-davidson/9632/)
$837,000
2025 ERFA

Quintin Morris (https://overthecap.com/player/quintin-morris/9733/)
$787,500
2024 ERFA

QB
Josh Allen (https://overthecap.com/player/josh-allen/6892/)
$43,000,000
2029 UFA

Matt Barkley (https://overthecap.com/player/matt-barkley/2272/)
$1,250,200
2024 UFA

Kyle Allen (https://overthecap.com/player/kyle-allen/7494/)
$1,232,500
2024 UFA

C
Mitch Morse (https://overthecap.com/player/mitch-morse/3897/)
$9,750,000
2025 UFA

Greg Mancz (https://overthecap.com/player/greg-mancz/4191/)
$1,169,500
2024 UFA

P
Sam Martin (https://overthecap.com/player/sam-martin/2246/)
$2,000,000
2026 UFA

LT
Dion Dawkins (https://overthecap.com/player/dion-dawkins/5649/)
$14,575,000
2025 Void

Tommy Doyle (https://overthecap.com/player/tommy-doyle/9625/)
$948,933
2025 UFA

S
Micah Hyde (https://overthecap.com/player/micah-hyde/2320/)
$9,625,000
2024 Void

Jordan Poyer (https://overthecap.com/player/jordan-poyer/987/)
$6,250,000
2025 UFA

Taylor Rapp (https://overthecap.com/player/taylor-rapp/7852/)
$1,770,000
2024 UFA

Dean Marlowe (https://overthecap.com/player/dean-marlowe/4601/)
$1,035,000
2023 UFA

Zayne Anderson (https://overthecap.com/player/zayne-anderson/9813/)
$1,002,500
2025 RFA

Jared Mayden (https://overthecap.com/player/jared-mayden/9167/)
$940,000
2025 RFA

Damar Hamlin (https://overthecap.com/player/damar-hamlin/9676/)
$910,119
2025 UFA

RB
Nyheim Hines (https://overthecap.com/player/nyheim-hines/6989/)
$4,500,000
2025 UFA

Damien Harris (https://overthecap.com/player/damien-harris/7878/)
$1,770,000
2024 UFA

James Cook (https://overthecap.com/player/james-cook/10108/)
$1,458,016
2026 UFA

Latavius Murray (https://overthecap.com/player/latavius-murray/2334/)
$1,317,500
2024 UFA

Taiwan Jones (https://overthecap.com/player/taiwan-jones/1299/)
$1,272,500
2023 UFA

LS
Reid Ferguson (https://overthecap.com/player/reid-ferguson/5045/)
$1,078,750
2025 UFA

DT
DaQuan Jones (https://overthecap.com/player/daquan-jones/3051/)
$7,000,000
2024 Void

Ed Oliver (https://overthecap.com/player/ed-oliver/7800/)
$4,918,789
2024 UFA

Tim Settle (https://overthecap.com/player/tim-settle/7048/)
$3,000,000
2024 Void

Jordan Phillips (https://overthecap.com/player/jordan-phillips/3900/)
$3,000,000
2024 UFA

Eli Ankou (https://overthecap.com/player/eli-ankou/6238/)
$1,080,000
2024 UFA

Kendal Vickers (https://overthecap.com/player/kendal-vickers/7300/)
$1,012,500
2024 UFA

Brandin Bryant (https://overthecap.com/player/brandin-bryant/5346/)
$1,012,000
2024 RFA

Cortez Broughton (https://overthecap.com/player/cortez-broughton/8033/)
$942,500
2024 ERFA

RT
Bobby Hart
$1,272,500
2023 UFA

Spencer Brown
$1,202,030
2025 UFA

Ryan Van Demark (https://overthecap.com/player/ryan-van-demark/10640/)
$837,000
2025 ERFA

Alec Anderson (https://overthecap.com/player/alec-anderson/10637/)
$836,750
2025 ERFA

LG
Nick Broeker (https://overthecap.com/player/nick-broeker/11054/)
$985,525
2024 ERFA

</tbody>

Notice the almost universal drop off from the rank of the #1 paid player to #2 and below. The highest paid position based on the average of the two highest ranked players????....CB & TE. At 17.5. Next is Safety at 21.

THIS is what a GM looks at and is very cognizant of as he strategizes short and long term roster management and contract negotiations. The NFL IS a business after all.

sukie
05-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Man Dawkins is grossly overpaid