We've worked hard as hell to get a TE to pair w Knox—what if we had just gotten Ertz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

We've worked hard as hell to get a TE to pair w Knox—what if we had just gotten Ertz?

During a 2021 season that ended with an epic loss to the Chiefs in the divisional round of the playoffs, the Bills had a chance to add an offensive weapon with Super Bowl experience.

Ertz ended up switching within the NFC for a 5th, less than what BB spent to trade up a few spots in the last two first rounds. Meanwhile, we tried and cut Hollister, OJ, etc and went without a solution the last two seasons. Then we went all in this year, spending a 1st and 4th on who could be the next Zach Ertz.

What could've been if we'd just offered a 5th and maybe a 7th for Ertz, who's caught a lot of balls and got an extension in AZ?

• Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: We've worked hard as hell to get a TE to pair w Knox—what if we had just gotten E

I mean. I’m sure he’d be good. Big he’s also 32 and has had his share of injuries. We’d have had a good player for a couple years but not a great one.

it’ll all depend on Kincaid. If he’s good or not remains to be seen. Clearly Beane thinks he can be elite.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Re: We've worked hard as hell to get a TE to pair w Knox—what if we had just gotten E

The cap. Nuff said?

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

It was all but done and then someone on the Eagles (Roseman likely) nixed the deal.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Well....age...expense...wear. if you wanted a te we got a great young cheap one for 5 years.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Pretty sure Beane's metrics doesn't including spending that much money/cap on the tight end room.

I'm OK rolling with a young guy we just gave a massive extension to, and a perceived top-shelf rookie.

I just wish he would take the same approach with the linebackers.

Maybe next year...
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

D tackle is going to see double dipping next year's draft. You can bet they draft high for at least one.

As it stands now, everyone of the D tackle contract is expiring by the end of this season. If you any in any managerial posistion, let alone a GM of NFL team, it is NOT an idea situation. It takes time for people to gel and that's why ideally you replace one at a time.

The Bill smight give extension to one of the Oliver or DaQuan Jones some time before the end of this coming season. Jones actually performed better than many thought, even though he's older.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Because Ertz is about 10 years older and 10x the cap hit??

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Well....age...expense...wear. if you wanted a te we got a great young cheap one for 5 years.
                  I got no issues with age or expense but what I choose to wear is my decision. Some days jI feel bloated so I tend to go Car Cover sheik . Other days, it’s a speedo jacked up “high wedgie” and a paisley belly short.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      The cap. Nuff said?
                      This is 2021—completely different situation.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                        D tackle is going to see double dipping next year's draft. You can bet they draft high for at least one.

As it stands now, everyone of the D tackle contract is expiring by the end of this season. If you any in any managerial posistion, let alone a GM of NFL team, it is NOT an idea situation. It takes time for people to gel and that's why ideally you replace one at a time.

The Bill smight give extension to one of the Oliver or DaQuan Jones some time before the end of this coming season. Jones actually performed better than many thought, even though he's older.
                        Agreed DT will be high on our list.

So far we have 10 picks for 2024 .... we should be able to snag 1 or 2.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                          Agreed DT will be high on our list.

So far we have 10 picks for 2024 .... we should be able to snag 1 or 2.
                          I agree with the theory out there that the impact of DqQuan Jones being out on that Bengals game is the same as Von being out. And DT ages well. So I'd not surprised they sign him to a sort extension which I think will be reasonable.

Poona Ford is only 27. If he plays well, I can see him being signed to a reasonable extension, so we'll have 1-tech DT taken care of. This is the year we will see what Oliver is really about, and Settle play at 3-tech which he primarily played in Washington. Personally I don't think highly of either one. I really believe the trend is pointing to the way of not getting undersized DT any more for McDermott and Beane, now that we are back to the mold of 230lb linebackers behind them.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

So since we're going time traveling does Ertz catch a TD against the Chiefs in the playoff and we end up winning the Bowl? If so, yeah send the Eagles the extra pick with my thanks

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

Poona Ford is only 27.
                              So you think Poona could be a lot of bang for our buck?

Comment

Working...
                              X