PDA

View Full Version : Punt God was not rapey after all....

acehole
05-08-2023, 07:25 PM
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1655716573540237314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1655716573540237314%7Ctwgr%5Efd4f2b6d128c4fb8beaa9db712a393244d610325%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twobillsdrive.com%2Fcommunity%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgreg_price11%2Fstatus%2F1655716573540237314%3Fs%3D4626t%3DafxUZllP5jhvRlMoGdj9kQ

Skooby
05-08-2023, 07:40 PM
Yeah, she’s a A-hole.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-08-2023, 08:01 PM
Cool. She ruined this guys career
she must be proud

Novacane
05-08-2023, 08:05 PM
To bad we can't bump the thread since the server crashed. A lot stupid things we said about him by the self righteous a-holes that post here. Idiots will never learn to let the facts come out before running your mouth.

Goobylal
05-08-2023, 08:15 PM
Shocker! I knew she was a liar from the moment I heard her claim she told people at a college party that she was 17. I gave her the BOTD about being raped inside the house (although not by Araiza), but I didn't realize she even lied about that. What a whore.

TacklingDummy
05-08-2023, 08:39 PM
To bad we can't bump the thread since the server crashed. A lot stupid things we said about him by the self righteous a-holes that post here. Idiots will never learn to let the facts come out before running your mouth.
Yep, I wasn't one of them who had him guilty already. Nor did I want him cut.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-08-2023, 09:08 PM
no business could have kept him. the Bills just high profile. rapist, racist... just claim it and its all over. tragic. I hope he gets another chance. I wish the bills would reach out and apologize to him.... but then he'd prob sue them for wrongly firing him. no winner here.

Goobylal
05-08-2023, 09:13 PM
no business could have kept him. the Bills just high profile. rapist, racist... just claim it and its all over. tragic. I hope he gets another chance. I wish the bills would reach out and apologize to him.... but then he'd prob sue them for wrongly firing him. no winner here.

He can't sue when the DA was still investigating his case at the time of his firing.

TigerJ
05-08-2023, 10:43 PM
I'd like to see the Bills reach out to his agent and see if he would like to sign a contract. Sam Martin is going to be the punter this coming season. The contract the Bills signed him to guarantees that pretty much. The Bills could put him on the PS in 2023, but even though Martin is on a three year deal, cutting him or trading him for a late round pick after the 2023 season would not be that difficult. The bigger issue is the fact that Araiza had some flaws in his punting that needed to be addressed. His punts were shy on hang time and he didn't have a lot in the way of experience in directional punting or pooch punting to pin opponents inside the 20 He needed work on that stuff.

For Araiza's part, I would be considering filing a lawsuit against the family of the girl who made a false accusation. Whether or not the family has the resources to come up with a sizeable settlement, I think accountability is a real issue here. It's a lot easier for society to hold rapists as sexual offenders accountable if we can trust that girls aren't making false accusations. I'm fully in support of holding perpetrators accountable and prosecuting to the max, but at the same time, the more false accusers out there who later are found out, the easier it is for defense attorneys to cast doubt in the minds of jurors about what may be a legitimate accusation.

TacklingDummy
05-08-2023, 11:50 PM
Suing her is going to get him nothing money wise.

She should spend whatever maximum sentence he was going receive in jail.

YardRat
05-09-2023, 05:23 AM
If not then I hope he can overcome what he's been put through.

Still want nothing to do with him in Buffalo, though, and it still was a wasted draft pick.

jamze132
05-09-2023, 05:33 AM
What a shame.

Guilty until proven innocent is the uber-lib motto. Just as bad as right wing politicians.

swiper
05-09-2023, 05:50 AM
LOL. One guy posts on TWITTER and the usual suspects all fall in line.

Mike13
05-09-2023, 06:31 AM
I'm man enough to admit I was wrong about him.

Forward_Lateral
05-09-2023, 06:38 AM
It sucks for the guy, because his dreams were taken away by false accusations. Hope he gets another shot somewhere

Mike13
05-09-2023, 07:25 AM
This is the kind of thing that is going to make it harder for actual victims of rape to come forward.

Ingtar33
05-09-2023, 07:40 AM
turns out the reason why police didn't charge him or any of the men involved is because there were multiple people recording the party and even the sex acts that did occurred which apparently clearly consensual, including shockingly the recordings... and not only wasn't he at the party or on any of the videos (which apparently there were multiple) but the police had over 200 pages of rock solid alibi for him being somewhere else that night. something they knew about at the time she filed the civil suit last year, and then refused to provide to the defense, or make any statement about it, which contributed to the media **** storm.

so this wasn't just a false accusation, this was a false accusation aided and abated by the public prosecutors office.

Lexwhat
05-09-2023, 08:43 AM
This is the kind of thing that is going to make it harder for actual victims of rape to come forward.

Yup - this.

There's an unfortunate and alarming rate of sexual assault crimes that happen all over the world. Sadly, most go unnoticed.

This was a relatively high profile case which seems like a hoax now. I feel bad for Araiza, but I feel even worse that cases like this make it more difficult for actual rape victims to get justice.

Typ0
05-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Nobody gives a ****. Ariza is a white man and the false accuser is a woman. There is no accountability they just rationalize that she is somehow a victim because she is a woman and don't do anything.

Typ0
05-09-2023, 10:53 AM
The Bills should sue that prosecutors office to monetize the loss of draft capital over this *****.

Mike13
05-09-2023, 11:45 AM
Nobody gives a ****. Ariza is a white man and the false accuser is a woman. There is no accountability they just rationalize that she is somehow a victim because she is a woman and don't do anything.
It has nothing to do with race.

Goobylal
05-09-2023, 01:01 PM

Still want nothing to do with him in Buffalo, though, and it still was a wasted draft pick.

It was a waste of a draft pick because some psycho chick lied about him. It's pathetic but not his fault.

Huh?

acehole
05-09-2023, 01:08 PM

Like when the dolphins get F&&*% every year by the Bills?

notacon
05-09-2023, 01:27 PM

In fact, it is not the twitter post that has anyone “fall in line”. How silly. Maybe if you had an inquiring and open mind (instead of immediately moving to insult posters, your usual M.O.) you would read the news article that accompanied (via link) the tweet....

Prosecutors: Former Bills punter Matt Araiza wasn't present during alleged gang rape (https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html)

A recently released 200-plus-page transcript details exculpatory evidence in the case vs. Matt Araiza

A fuller picture of what police and prosecutors found, however, is now available via a 200-plus page transcript of a 100-minute meeting obtained by Yahoo Sports where a deputy district attorney offered a detailed explanation to the girl and her attorneys.

Perhaps most notably, the district attorney’s office concluded Araiza couldn’t have led the girl into the alleged gang rape because he had “left” the home at about 12:30 a.m., an hour prior to when evidence suggested the alleged gang rape would have occurred.

“He wasn’t even at the party anymore,” deputy district attorney Trisha Amador explained to the girl. Later Amador stated of the timeline of events, “All I know is that at that point, suspect Araiza is gone from the party.”

Additionally, prosecutors told the girl that video recordings of the incident in the bedroom made it impossible to determine, let alone prosecute anyone, on whether there was a gang rape at all that night, rather than consensual sex with the other men.

“In looking at the videos on the sex tape, I absolutely cannot prove any forceable sexual assault based upon what happened,” Amador said.

….snip….

The dual investigations by police and prosecutors included over 35 witness interviews (including some of the girl’s friends who came to the party with her that night), the results of a Sexual Assault Team exam conducted the following day and 10 search warrants that produced 4 terabytes of information, including numerous short videos of some of the alleged encounters.

They led authorities to come to vastly different conclusions than what was alleged in the civil lawsuit. Prosecutors explain it to the girl and her representatives in a sensitive and detailed manner during the meeting, allowing for questions and pushback from both the girl and her attorney.

…snip…

For Araiza, the most powerful exculpatory evidence came from a number of short videos of the encounter between the girl and two or three men in the bedroom. Timestamps show it occurred about 1:30 a.m. Citing a witness and other information, prosecutors concluded Araiza had “left the party at 12:30 [a.m.],” Amador explained to the plaintiff.

The lawsuit additionally alleged that Araiza “knew or should have known” the girl was only 17 years old and that she was “heavily intoxicated.”

The girl and some other high school friends became aware a party was being thrown at the house just a few blocks from the SDSU campus. The group let themselves in through a back gate.

Witness interviews from the party, including two of the girl’s own friends whom she arrived with, said that she didn’t appear to be drunk at the time. Other witnesses said the girl was telling people she was 18.

“A witness who was in the house gave a statement saying that at — at least one point in the party, that you made a statement telling people at the party you were 18,” Amador explained to the accuser. “Another witness at the party, a different one, says that they specifically heard you say you were 18 …”

…snip…

“The witnesses say … that shortly after you arrived at the party, you left and came back shortly thereafter,” Amador said. “And you told [a friend], ‘I just had sex.’ ... You didn’t appear unhappy. You appeared to be having fun and that the encounter on the side of the house with Matt, suspect Araiza, was consensual."

Amador also explained to the girl that additional witness testimony alleged that at this period of time, “you were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”

…snip…

“There’s nothing in the videos that sound like you’re saying ‘stop’ or ‘this hurts’ or anything like that,” Ted Mansour, an investigator for the San Diego County district attorney’s office, said at the meeting.

The prosecutors offered to show the girl and her lawyers all of the videos they culled from cell phones. The girl watched one during the meeting before deciding that was enough. None of the lawyers in the civil case, or Araiza himself, have seen the videos because they involve sex with an underage girl. Araiza’s legal team is trying to acquire the videos through a court order as a way to defend himself against the allegations.

More…

Apparently the evidence all point to this girl making up the whole event and she was actively looking to engage in sexual relations while purposely lying about her age.

WOW!!!

Sure looks like the one person to get ****ed over was Matt Araiza.

Saratoga Slim
05-09-2023, 01:35 PM
Basically there was a future NFL player at the party and so the lawyer took a flier on suing him in the belief that Araiza wouldn't be able to prove he didn't do it. Guy should be disbarred.

I would be thrilled to see the Bills re-sign Araiza. The world owes him that. Not to mention then we get to make some use of that 5th round pick we spent

Mike13
05-09-2023, 05:44 PM
Like when the dolphins get F&&*% every year by the Bills?

Are you guys still afraid of the sun? Or the snow? Or the rain?

acehole
05-09-2023, 06:00 PM
Are you guys still afraid of the sun? Or the snow? Or the rain?

Good one!

Novacane
05-09-2023, 06:00 PM

He wasn't at the party!!!! Click the link before spouting off. You musta been one of the hang him by his balls gang.

Novacane
05-09-2023, 06:15 PM

Why? How many other 5th round picks do the Bills have still on the team and contributing? Arazia probably would have been our punter for the next 10 years if it hadn't been for the lying ho. I'd of picked him up if we hadn't already committed to Martin.

JoeMama
05-09-2023, 09:38 PM
Her lies may have robbed us of a decade worth of Punt God highlights.

But she'll never take our memes from last year.

https://i.imgur.com/8ES3KzUl.jpg

Joe Fo Sho
05-09-2023, 11:43 PM
We punt less than any team in the league. This story was nothing but a distraction.

YardRat
05-10-2023, 05:25 AM
The team outright cut him. They could have put him on a couple of different non-injury lists, removed him from the organization without releasing him and retained his rights while he got his situation straightened out. There must have been something in the conversation between Araiza and the team that compelled them to act the way they did. If not, then it's just another ****-up to add to the list.

swiper
05-10-2023, 05:36 AM
The team outright cut him. They could have put him on a couple of different non-injury lists, removed him from the organization without releasing him and retained his rights while he got his situation straightened out. There must have been something in the conversation between Araiza and the team that compelled them to act the way they did. If not, then it's just another ****-up to add to the list.

When the Bills released him last August, G.M. Brandon Beane said, “At this time, we think it’s the best move for everyone to move on from Matt and let him take care of this situation and focus on that.”

jamze132
05-10-2023, 06:46 AM

I doubt anything he said to them was detrimental to his release. The Bills were simply trying to get as far away from that type of exposure. It sucks that they couldn’t stand by and wait for the facts but there’s probably over 100 professional sports teams that would have acted the same way…in todays climate of guilty until proven innocent.

Historian
05-10-2023, 07:46 AM
Someone will sign him.

Bill Cody
05-10-2023, 09:23 AM
Someone will sign him.

Yeah I hope so. It can't be us this year for cap reasons.