PDA

View Full Version : Bills 2023 schedule thread

ckg927
05-09-2023, 02:32 PM
It's set to drop on Thursday.

Post any reports, etc. you get of schedule leaks(preferably from sites that are reliable, please).

If memory serves, we play in London in Week 7.

Historian
05-09-2023, 02:39 PM
5,000 Zonebucks says we open against the fish.

:squish:

Ed
05-09-2023, 03:56 PM
It's set to drop on Thursday.

Post any reports, etc. you get of schedule leaks(preferably from sites that are reliable, please).

If memory serves, we play in London in Week 7.
If the London game is October 8th as rumored then that would be week 5.

Bills are a candidate to open on Thursday night again too since they play at KC.

Woodman
05-09-2023, 03:57 PM
Opening the 2023 season will be KC Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals also 5,000 zone bucks!!

Woodman
05-09-2023, 03:58 PM
If the London game is October 8th as rumored then that would be week 5.

Bills are a candidate to open on Thursday night again too since they play at KC.

I'm guessing they have a rematch of the AFC Championship KC vs. Cinci :dj:

Ed
05-09-2023, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing they have a rematch of the AFC Championship KC vs. Cinci :dj:
Yeah that's a strong possibility. They also host the Eagles. If it's not Bengals, Eagles, or Bills, I think the only other options would be the Chargers or Dolphins.

YardRat
05-09-2023, 07:49 PM
5,000 Zonebucks says we open against the fish.

:squish:

I think they will open away, against the Jets. Old gun Rodgers vs young stud Allen is a great divisional match-up to kick off the season.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2023, 06:10 AM
London is Oct 8th vs the Jags

YardRat
05-10-2023, 06:12 AM
Hopefully this one turns out better than the first.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2023, 06:24 AM
Does anyone else see it as an advantage that the Jags play 2 weeks in a row in England? For the Jags, that is

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-10-2023, 06:29 AM
Hopefully this one turns out better than the first.
well, EJ is no longer our QB so for that reason alone i'm confident

Historian
05-10-2023, 07:40 AM
I don't think the Jets are going to get the prime-time exposure they are hoping for, Rat, because the Rogers thing was so long and drawn out.

The schedule has pretty much been done for a while.

Three games decided by eight points.

Bills will open up at home against the fish.

senseofdoom
05-10-2023, 10:08 AM
Opening the 2023 season will be KC Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals also 5,000 zone bucks!!

Saw a report this game will be new years eve

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2023, 11:57 AM
Yep

Jets Fins on Black Friday too at 3pm

OpIv37
05-10-2023, 12:09 PM
Does anyone else see it as an advantage that the Jags play 2 weeks in a row in England? For the Jags, that is

Yes. They’ll have more time to acclimate to the time zone difference.

I hate the Europe games.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2023, 12:13 PM
Yes. They’ll have more time to acclimate to the time zone difference.

I hate the Europe games.
Maybe it will give them more time to explore Amsterdam and Lawrence will get AIDS

notacon
05-10-2023, 01:31 PM

Well...nice try....if your counted your “zone bucks”...it was too early.

Chiefs vs Bengals is on New Year’s Eve (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/10/chiefs-to-host-bengals-on-new-years-eve/).

notacon
05-10-2023, 01:56 PM
The NFL “Kickoff Game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Kickoff_Game)” (started in 2002) is traditionally (but not always) the Super Bowl winner at home. KC’s home games are vs...

Denver Broncos
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Detroit Lions
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles

The game with division rivals is rare, only twice in the past 21 years. Rematch of previous Super Bowl is even more rare...only once....2016 - Carolina vs Denver.

Cincy is already out because that game has already been announced for NYE.

The demand for the KC-Philly rematch will be fierce among the TV partners. And the schedule is made with close consultation (and fairly distributed) to the various stakeholders.

I would reject Denver, LV Raiders and Chicago as being dud matchups.

LA Chargers, probably not because division rival. That leaves Buffalo, Detroit and Miami.

The past two regular season games between KC & Buffalo were gobbled up by CBS. But there has never been a repeat visiting team and Bills had last year.

I think it may be between Detroit and Miami. But a SB rematch might be too tempting.

Half hearted prediction that it will be Phily at KC.

notacon
05-10-2023, 02:07 PM
I don't think the Jets are going to get the prime-time exposure they are hoping for, Rat, because the Rogers thing was so long and drawn out.

The schedule has pretty much been done for a while.

Three games decided by eight points.

Bills will open up at home against the fish.

I don’t agree about the Jets. They will probably get five prime time games. Aaron Rodgers and the biggest TV market in the NFL that has not had the Jets anything more than a joke for over 10 years has each of the TV partners salivating at the huge ratings for prime time Jets games.

I can easily see the Jets on PT for....

@NY Giants (a no brainer)
Buffalo
KC
@Dallas
Philly

I have watched interviews of the people that make the schedule. It literally starts the day after the regular season ends, as every team’s opponent is known at that time.

It’s a painstaking, arduous procedure where they are trying to please all the TV stakeholders, juggle stadium commitments, bye’s, short weeks and all the other daunting issues.

The idea that "The schedule has pretty much been done for a while.” is not very realistic.

With that said, a Bills opening game at home vs Miami could have been an early choice. I would not be surprised a bit if it’s one of the opening weekend Monday night or Sunday night games.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2023, 04:46 PM
Does the London game count as an away game for both the Jags and Bills?

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-10-2023, 04:57 PM
Does the London game count as an away game for both the Jags and Bills?
No. I believe it’s a home game for Buffalo

TacklingDummy
05-10-2023, 05:03 PM

So Bills lose a home game last year amd now this year. That blows.

Woodman
05-10-2023, 05:10 PM

Yup I posted it somewhere.

Woodman
05-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Well...nice try....if your counted your “zone bucks”...it was too early.

Chiefs vs Bengals is on New Year’s Eve (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/10/chiefs-to-host-bengals-on-new-years-eve/).

Posted it long ago. :gobills:

TacklingDummy
05-10-2023, 06:00 PM

Now that there is 17 game schedule. Games in other countries should count as an away game for both teams.

swiper
05-10-2023, 06:32 PM
Now that there is 17 game schedule. Games in other countries should count as an away game for both teams.

Then various teams will end up with uneven numbers of home and away games.

sukie
05-10-2023, 06:36 PM
It’s a Bills home game… start shipping tables there now.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2023, 10:18 PM
Then various teams will end up with uneven numbers of home and away games.

The way it is now the Bills will have 7 home games while other teams have 8 or 9. If you count these bullshlt London games as an away game then teams do not get punished.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Ill guess the Bills will be playing @ Cincy either Nov. 2 or 9.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 04:35 AM
It's going to be fun to see how fast the schedule is going to get leaked, bit by bit, BEFORE 8pm tonight.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:12 AM
Maybe a home game on Thanksgiving

Ed
05-11-2023, 10:31 AM
The way it is now the Bills will have 7 home games while other teams have 8 or 9. If you count these bullshlt London games as an away game then teams do not get punished.
The Bills have 9 home games this year, so they'll still play 8 games in Buffalo.

sukie
05-11-2023, 10:44 AM
The Bills have 9 home games this year, so they'll still play 8 games in Buffalo.
Weather cooperating.

Novacane
05-11-2023, 10:59 AM
Maybe a home game on Thanksgiving

JA hinted at that on Kyle Brandt show.

Novacane
05-11-2023, 11:03 AM
KC vs Lions open season.

Bills open MNF vs Jets

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 12:02 PM
This schedule sucks. We have to wait a whole extra day for the Bills' season to start, and it ruins opening day because we won't be part of it.

We know the times for two games- one's early and one's late. Ugh

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2023, 12:16 PM
This schedule sucks. We have to wait a whole extra day for the Bills' season to start, and it ruins opening day because we won't be part of it.

Meh, they weren't part of it last year either

Get used to it, they are going to be on Prime time a lot. I know you hate prime time games just like I do, but I just take comfort knowing that only good teams get a bunch of Prime Time games, and we aren't stuck watching JP Losman throw to Robert Royal

sahlensguy
05-11-2023, 12:23 PM

All teams playing in London should play there two weeks in a row, staggering opponents. One game is considered a home game, the 2nd game is considered an away game. Gives the players a little Vaca too!

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 12:31 PM
Meh, they weren't part of it last year either

Get used to it, they are going to be on Prime time a lot. I know you hate prime time games just like I do, but I just take comfort knowing that only good teams get a bunch of Prime Time games, and we aren't stuck watching JP Losman throw to Robert Royal

I mean, I get it. The NFL is a business. They make more money when more people watch. Aaron Rodgers is a future HOFer finishing out his career. Josh Allen is one of the best young QB's in the league. It's old guard vs the new elite. It's a division game. It's easy to market and probably lots of people who aren't fans of the Bills or Jets will probably tune in

If it were say, Arizona vs Denver on MNF opening week, no one outside of their fan bases would bother watching.

We're a good team with an elite QB. People outside of WNY want to watch us. For nearly 20 years, we didn't have any elite players that people outside of our fan base wanted to watch.

But, as a fan, it's just really inconvenient. The worst part is not having other gamest to flip to during commercials.

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2023, 12:36 PM
I mean, I get it. The NFL is a business. They make more money when more people watch. Aaron Rodgers is a future HOFer finishing out his career. Josh Allen is one of the best young QB's in the league. It's old guard vs the new elite. It's a division game. It's easy to market and probably lots of people who aren't fans of the Bills or Jets will probably tune in

If it were say, Arizona vs Denver on MNF opening week, no one outside of their fan bases would bother watching.

We're a good team with an elite QB. People outside of WNY want to watch us. For nearly 20 years, we didn't have any elite players that people outside of our fan base wanted to watch.

But, as a fan, it's just really inconvenient. The worst part is not having other gamest to flip to during commercials.
I agree. Sunday 1pm is my favourite time slot. It always will be. I might be more akin to Prime Time games if they didn't start so late, but they have to take the West Coast into consideration, which I understand.

Historian
05-11-2023, 01:08 PM
KC vs Lions open season.

Can the league bend over backwards any further to help that team?

What a joke.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 01:12 PM
I agree. Sunday 1pm is my favourite time slot. It always will be. I might be more akin to Prime Time games if they didn't start so late, but they have to take the West Coast into consideration, which I understand.

I guess I don't understand why the night games have to start at the same time every week. If the game's on the East Coast, start it at 7:30 east coast time. Sorry West Coast- you're gonna have to leave work early or miss the start of the game. If the game's on the West Coast, start it at 5:30 West Coast time- sorry East Coast, you're gonna have to stay up til midnight if you want to watch the whole thing.

Every other professional sport in North America has varying start times.

notacon
05-11-2023, 01:16 PM
It's going to be fun to see how fast the schedule is going to get leaked, bit by bit, BEFORE 8pm tonight.

The NFL has done an astounding job of being the most consequential major sport throughout the whole year. Year after year after year.

They have made what used to be a non-event-event, the NFL draft, that used to be done in a hotel ballroom in obscurity, more or less out of the public eye into a HUGE event. It was not televised for the first until 1980.

Today, it is a three day extravaganza with weeks and weeks of anticipation. The first day of the draft is one of the most watched programs on TV (https://tvline.com/2023/04/28/ratings-law-and-order-demo-low/).

The announcing of the schedule gets an absurd amount of attention with the, obviously purposeful “leaks” meant to bust anticipation.

You have to admire the marketing prowess of the NFL.

notacon
05-11-2023, 01:22 PM

What a cry baby. :D:

I’m tickled pink that the Bills get (one of) the first Monday night games. Especially vs the Jets and Rodgers. Should be a great game.

Can't wait to see the Bills put Rodgers and the Jets in their place.

The Jax game in England starts really, really early here....6:30AM. That’s fine with me. I’ll record it and start watching with my morning coffee, zipping through the intolerable commercials.

Then I can watch the 10:00AM games with Red Zone until 4:30 or so.. Finish up the night with a 5:15PM Sunday night game. Football all day!!!! What a GREAT way to spend a Sunday.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 01:31 PM

Damn, you are in mid season form already. We know 2 games. Can't say the schedule sucks just yet.

I actually like opening on MNF.

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2023, 01:39 PM
I guess I don't understand why the night games have to start at the same time every week. If the game's on the East Coast, start it at 7:30 east coast time. Sorry West Coast- you're gonna have to leave work early or miss the start of the game. If the game's on the West Coast, start it at 5:30 West Coast time- sorry East Coast, you're gonna have to stay up til midnight if you want to watch the whole thing.

Or have an East coast and a West coast game every Sunday and Monday night, and get rid of the stupid Thursday games altogether.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 02:11 PM
Damn, you are in mid season form already. We know 2 games. Can't say the schedule sucks just yet.

I actually like opening on MNF.

You like having to wait an extra day and a half for the season to start?
You like not having other games to flip to during commercials?
You like the game not ending until nearly midnight?
You like having to watch all the sappy pageantry of playing a (technically) NYC team on 9/11?
You like hearing the ESPN announcers slobber all over Rodgers all game?

That’s very strange to me

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 02:17 PM

If the schedule leak I just saw online is correct then you’re only going to have 6 or 7 Sunday 1pm game for the Bills this year.

sahlensguy
05-11-2023, 02:23 PM

It's probably to due with prime advertising time slots.

Anyway, all Sunday Dolphins home games before November should start at 2:00, imo. That sun is hazardous to the visitors.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 02:24 PM
If the schedule leak I just saw online is correct then you’re only going to have 6 or 7 Sunday 1pm game for the Bills this year.

I find that hard to believe. We only have two road games against teams not on the East Coast- KC and LA Chargers. LA would be the only one that would be a 4 pm start if it's a typical Sunday afternoon game. So, what you're saying is that we'd have 9 or 10 national games. No one gets that many.

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 02:35 PM
I find that hard to believe. We only have two road games against teams not on the East Coast- KC and LA Chargers. LA would be the only one that would be a 4 pm start if it's a typical Sunday afternoon game. So, what you're saying is that we'd have 9 or 10 national games. No one gets that many.

Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/8 Jacksonville (London)
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
11/19 Jets 4:25pm
11/26 @ Eagles 4:25pm
12/3 Bye
12/10 @ KC 4:25pm
12/17 Dallas 4:25pm
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

Not claiming it's right, just saying its aligns with a lot of what has been leaked. It would certainly be a different schedule if that ends up being true.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 02:35 PM
You like having to wait an extra day and a half for the season to start?
You like not having other games to flip to during commercials?
You like the game not ending until nearly midnight?
You like having to watch all the sappy pageantry of playing a (technically) NYC team on 9/11?
You like hearing the ESPN announcers slobber all over Rodgers all game?

That’s very strange to me

Yes, since it's my team and I'll watch regardless of when they are on.
Commercials are piss/food/drink breaks.
Don't MNF games start at 8 EST now and end alittle after 11?
Why would I be offended by 9/11 stuff? Where were you when the world stopped turning that September's day?
They will be slobbering over Josh.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 02:37 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

Not claiming it's right, just saying its aligns with a lot of what has been leaked. It would certainly be a different schedule if that ends up being true.

Haha, 11 games not at 1pm on Sunday. Someone check on Opi.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2023, 02:38 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

I saw that too and I think it makes sense

Right now I am thinking about:

1. Do I go to London?
2. What road game do I go to? Washington? Philly? Cincy?

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 02:40 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

I’d be ok with more 4:25 games. Gives me most of the day Sunday to get stuff done before the games. But 3 straight weeks of night games? Uggh.

Historian
05-11-2023, 02:42 PM
We have a hockey tournament out of town the weekend of the London game.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2023, 02:43 PM
I’d be ok with more 4:25 games. Gives me most of the day Sunday to get drunk before the games. But 3 straight weeks of night games? Uggh.

You had a typo that I fixed

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 02:43 PM

1. Do I go to London?

All I'm thinking is can we be 8-0 headed into Sunday Night Football v. Cincy.

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 02:44 PM
We have a hockey tournament out of town the weekend of the London game.

I'll be in NYC that weekend for a wedding.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 02:47 PM

10-2 going into the bye. I'll take it.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 02:50 PM

I doubt it. We will drop at least one of the division games before that. And Jacksonville isn’t the pushover they used to be, and they’re more used to the England trip than we are.

The bigger test is if we can actually BEAT Cincy. They were way ahead of us in the playoffs last year and in the limited action in the reg season game before the Hamlin incident.

JoshAllenMVP2021
05-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

Nine weeks in a row without the Bills on Sunday at 1 is sillllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyy

notacon
05-11-2023, 03:02 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

That would be an awesome schedule. Especially the late season bye before the KC game. The early season bye last year hurt the Bills. The player all would much rather have it later in the season

I like the four 4:25PM starts too. That usually means that these will be national televised games. Same with the Sat 12/23 game.

notacon
05-11-2023, 03:07 PM

Sounds about right.

I’m VERY encouraged that will happen when Opi says (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263129-Bills-2023-schedule-thread?p=5022462&viewfull=1#post5022462) “I doubt it”.

Just like last season when he predicted a 2-5 start. Then the Bills went out and started the season 6-1.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 03:16 PM
I doubt it. We will drop at least one of the division games before that. And Jacksonville isn’t the pushover they used to be, and they’re more used to the England trip than we are.

The bigger test is if we can actually BEAT Cincy. They were way ahead of us in the playoffs last year and in the limited action in the reg season game before the Hamlin incident.

You thinking 0-8, 1-7, 2-6, 3-5?

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 03:22 PM
You thinking 0-8, 1-7, 2-6, 3-5?

Don't know. I'll worry about that once the schedule is confirmed.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 03:31 PM
As somewhat of an addendum: If you're wondering why there's no bye week for the Bills after the London game, Matt Bove of WKBW(7 Sports)notes that NFL teams can choose if they want a bye week after the game, but they do not HAVE to.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 03:40 PM
I think they will open away, against the Jets. Old gun Rodgers vs young stud Allen is a great divisional match-up to kick off the season.
This message aged well.

Now pick the winning numbers in the lottery. :D

Historian
05-11-2023, 03:45 PM
All hail King Rat!

:bow:

ghz in pittsburgh
05-11-2023, 03:51 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="qme" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/cm47Kkr8OY">pic.twitter.com/cm47Kkr8OY</a></p>&mdash; Mike Monaghan (@lifewithmikey52) <a href="https://twitter.com/lifewithmikey52/status/1656714305004240899?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghz in pittsburgh
05-11-2023, 03:56 PM
If true, Nov 5 - Dec 23, the Bills face Burrows, Wilson, Rodgers, Hurts, Mahomes, Prescott, and Herbert consecutively.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 03:59 PM

1. Do I go to London?

To answer question #2: Personally, IF I had a choice, it would be either Washington or Cincinnati. Here's why I say it:

-Washington: You can combine the Commanders game with the Nationals(Atlanta is in town that weekend)-and if you REALLY wanted to overdose on sports, MLS' DC United is home against the NY Red Bulls

-Cincinnati: As for the Bills/Bengals tilt, you can also catch the Bearcats against UCF on November 4th. They also have ECHL hockey downtown(and it's a Sabres affiliate), but the schedule won't be known for months.

I would NOT recommend Philadelphia unless you have a death wish, ESPECIALLY if you wear Bills gear. Years ago, my younger brother made the roadie down to Philly; I don't know WHICH year it was, but it was one where the Bills won a close game. He had to be a hasty retreat afterwards.

Historian
05-11-2023, 04:41 PM
I went to the Bills Eagles game the last game of the 1987 season, and the fans were fine.

The weather was Buffalo-esque that Sunday in Philly.

In fact, I bought a hot chocolate at the concession stand. I had my white Kelly jersey on.

The girl behind the stand kinda half-whispers to the guy who waited on me.... "Who's Kelly?"

He leans over towards her and says, "He's a quarterback from the other league. He did okay there, but he won't do as well in the NFL."

Boy did he get it wrong.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 04:41 PM
To answer question #2: Personally, IF I had a choice, it would be either Washington or Cincinnati. Here's why I say it:

-Washington: You can combine the Commanders game with the Nationals(Atlanta is in town that weekend)-and if you REALLY wanted to overdose on sports, MLS' DC United is home against the NY Red Bulls

-Cincinnati: As for the Bills/Bengals tilt, you can also catch the Bearcats against UCF on November 4th. They also have ECHL hockey downtown(and it's a Sabres affiliate), but the schedule won't be known for months.

I would NOT recommend Philadelphia unless you have a death wish, ESPECIALLY if you wear Bills gear. Years ago, my younger brother made the roadie down to Philly; I don't know WHICH year it was, but it was one where the Bills won a close game. He had to be a hasty retreat afterwards.

I’d say hard pass on Washington. The game day experience at FedEx Field is so miserable. Tickets are expensive, parking is overpriced, the traffic is awful and the stadium is like a flashback to the 70’s.

Historian
05-11-2023, 04:44 PM
All I care about is who will be boring the hell out of me on Thanksgiving?

YardRat
05-11-2023, 05:07 PM
This message aged well.

Now pick the winning numbers in the lottery. :D

All hail King Rat!

:bow:

:clap:

All-state10
05-11-2023, 05:21 PM
Nine weeks in a row without the Bills on Sunday at 1 is sillllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyy

Not really. Why do you want primetime? Take the focus off of us. Plus I own a Billd backer bar

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 05:41 PM

Dallas at home.
Lions at home.
Seahawks at home.

YardRat
05-11-2023, 05:57 PM

5 and 3, 7 and 5 at the bye.

swiper
05-11-2023, 06:01 PM

My favorite too, FWIW.

swiper
05-11-2023, 06:02 PM

Detroit v Chicago.

Have a turkey leg while you watch Edmunds run around aimlessly for another team. Enjoy.

Woodman
05-11-2023, 06:03 PM
Don't know. I'll worry about that once the schedule is confirmed.
Counting on it.

:gobills:

Ed
05-11-2023, 06:06 PM
I have no issues with this schedule. Easy 8-0 start followed by a bunch of fun night/late games. And we finally get a late season bye.

Woodman
05-11-2023, 06:08 PM
I don't know WHICH year it was, but it was one where the Bills won a close game. He had to bid a hasty retreat afterwards.

The element of danger should never be passed up ..... gets the blood flowing!

Speed was never a problem .... run with the bulls or get off the pot.

Woodman
05-11-2023, 06:10 PM
I have no issues with this schedule. Easy 8-0 start followed by a bunch of fun night/late games. And we finally get a late season bye.

Loving where they decided to place the bye ...... A LOT!!!

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 06:41 PM
Loving where they decided to place the bye ...... A LOT!!!

If that’s the correct schedule, I do like the late bye. Get a breather before the home stretch and the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Here is what I saw:
9/11 @ Jets MNF
9/17 Raiders
9/24 @ Washington
10/1 Miami
10/15 NY Giants
10/22 @ Patriots
10/26 Tampa Bay TNF
11/5 @ Cincy SNF
11/13 Denver MNF
12/3 Bye
12/23 Charges - Saturday
12/31 Patriots
1/7 @ Miami (TBD)

Correct schedule

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Charger game is at 8pm.

Bills also get 9 days rest between playing Tampa on Thursday 10/26 at 8:15pm to playing the Bengals11/5 at 8:20pm

ckg927
05-11-2023, 07:11 PM
To add to TD's post above, the Bills/Chargers game will air on NBC's streaming service Peacock.

JoshAllenMVP2021
05-11-2023, 07:14 PM
So what's the Giants game? SNF or MNF? The video the Bills released said MNF but then the end of the video said SNF.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:15 PM
5 games on Sunday at 1
4 games on Sunday at 4:25
1 game on Sunday at 9:30am
1 Thursday game 8:15
2 MNF games at 8:20
1 Saturday game at 8:00
2 SNF games at 8:20
1 Miami game TBD could be a win and get in game. So probably be Sunday late.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 07:19 PM
I’d say hard pass on Washington. The game day experience at FedEx Field is so miserable. Tickets are expensive, parking is overpriced, the traffic is awful and the stadium is like a flashback to the 70’s.

So...you're saying Cincinnati? If so, cool. I'd HOPEFULLY get to see some college ball, MAYBE take in some ECHL action...and the Bills, too.

Re the whole description: No WONDER they want to build a new stadium in The District.

Forward_Lateral
No bye after London?? Wtf??

TacklingDummy
So what's the Giants game? SNF or MNF? The video the Bills released said MNF but then the end of the video said SNF.

Sunday 8:20 according to schedule.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:22 PM
Week 7 against NE at 1 pm. Next 1 pm game is week 17 against NE.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 07:23 PM

It's a Sunday night game.

BTW, go look at the Green Bay video; it kinda sounds like they went informercial for their schedule reveal.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Colts, Steelers, Bears are preseason games, if anyone cares about that

ckg927
05-11-2023, 07:24 PM
No bye after London?? Wtf??

I answered this question earlier on in the thread, but I'll state it again: Teams have the option of taking their bye week after the overseas game BUT they are not required to do so.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:30 PM
Redskins Dallas at home.
Green Bay Lions at home.
49ers Seahawks at home.

Thanksgiving

Novacane
05-11-2023, 07:33 PM
I answered this question earlier on in the thread, but I'll state it again: Teams have the option of taking their bye week after the overseas game BUT they are not required to do so.

They'll be home and in bed before they would be on a west coast 4:25 start.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2023, 07:35 PM
Jets schedule starts brutal then finishes with 7 cream puffs.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 07:42 PM
So...you're saying Cincinnati? If so, cool. I'd HOPEFULLY get to see some college ball, MAYBE take in some ECHL action...and the Bills, too.

Re the whole description: No WONDER they want to build a new stadium in The District.
The District is and always was a long shot, as the only undeveloped tract of land big enough is the old RFK site, and there are huge federal issues with either transferring federal land to private ownership or allowing private development on federal land.

But, the biggest obstacle was Snyder. No one wants to work with that douchebag. Now that he’s out, though, some powerful people will be more willing to pull some strings and get something done.

In the meantime, just stay away from FedEx. It’s a dump.

ckg927
05-11-2023, 07:49 PM
The District is and always was a long shot, as the only undeveloped tract of land big enough is the old RFK site, and there are huge federal issues with either transferring federal land to private ownership or allowing private development on federal land.

But, the biggest obstacle was Snyder. No one wants to work with that douchebag. Now that he’s out, though, some powerful people will be more willing to pull some strings and get something done.

In the meantime, just stay away from FedEx. It’s a dump.

To be clear: The District is a catch-all for the area, not just specifically in the city. (Yes, blame too much listening to Jim Rome back in the day.... :) )

So, IF I do a roadie, Cinci it is. A little college ball, HOPEFULLY seeing the ECHL's Cyclones, and the Bills/Bengals on top of it.

Night Train
05-11-2023, 08:03 PM
Interesting to look at. The schedule is the Jets and nothing more. Injuries can change everything. Predictions mean nothing. Play ball.

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 08:50 PM
To be clear: The District is a catch-all for the area, not just specifically in the city. (Yes, blame too much listening to Jim Rome back in the day.... :) )

So, IF I do a roadie, Cinci it is. A little college ball, HOPEFULLY seeing the ECHL's Cyclones, and the Bills/Bengals on top of it.

Go to DC and skip the game. Just enjoy the city.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 09:14 PM

I’ll say this: I’m a Nationals fan and they have a great stadium. It’s really the only reason I ever go to DC anymore.

But, around here, DC means the district proper, and that’s where the RFK site is the onky feasible location. Snyder explored several sites in the area, including a few in Northern Virginia and other sites in Prince George’s county, MD, which is where the current stadium is. But, no one wanted to work with him, and traffic is a huge issue at any of those potential sites.

In the meantime, just stay away from DC. You’ll have a better time in Cincy and spend a fraction of the money.

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2023, 08:38 AM

This will not be just my choice - and the other sporting events might not be an option.

Washington would be good for tourist stuff and I know people there. My boss is an Eagles fan so that is an option. Bengals would be fun because I know people there too

But I do want to go to London
KC might be an option too but I have done that two other times

Woodman
05-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Bills slated for seven standalone games this season - ProFootballTalk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/12/bills-slated-for-seven-standalone-games-this-season/)

After opening against the Jets on Monday night, the Bills will have five other prime-time matchups. They’ll also play the Jaguars at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London in Week Five.

Buffalo’s other Monday night appearance will come in Week 10 when they host the Broncos and they’ll host the Buccaneers on Thursday night in Week Eight. They’ll face the Giants on Sunday night in Week Six and they’ll be back on NBC for another Sunday nighter against the Bengals in Week Nine.

The final scheduled prime-time appearance of the regular season will come on Saturday night in Week 16. They’ll be at the Chargers for a game that will stream on Peacock on Christmas Eve.

A Week 14 trip to Arrowhead Stadium won’t be in prime-time, but it’s likely to be nationally televised in the late window on Sunday afternoon. The same could be true of a home game against the Cowboys the next week and dates with the Jets and Eagles in Weeks 11 and 12, so there should be no lack of opportunities to catch the Bills this season.

notacon
05-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Charger game is at 8pm.

Bills also get 9 days rest between playing Tampa on Thursday 10/26 at 8:15pm to playing the Bengals11/5 at 8:20pm

It’s a bummer that the Chargers game is on Peacock.

For us out of towners (the game will be broadcast on network TV only in Buffalo and LA markets) we have to pony up for Peacock access. A streaming channel that is almost worthless. Not sure how easy they will make it to cancel after a few days....I’ll find out because that is exactly what I plan on doing.

At least with Amazon Prime it’s a service that many people have had for years (I’ve been a Prime member for 25 years) and adding Thursday Night Football was an added perk.

sukie
05-12-2023, 02:10 PM
Notty you are a big fat liar. Prime for 25 years. Quick , apologize.

(I know you meant 18 years but who is counting?)

lol

notacon
05-12-2023, 03:12 PM
Notty you are a big fat liar. Prime for 25 years. Quick , apologize.

(I know you meant 18 years but who is counting?)

lol

Nice catch. I forget that Prime did not even start until 2005...18 years ago. My bad.

Not a “lie”....just mixed up when Prime started. I made my first purchase on Amazon 25 years ago in 1998.

sukie
05-12-2023, 09:21 PM
Nice catch. I forget that Prime did not even start until 2005...18 years ago. My bad.

Not a “lie”....just mixed up when Prime started. I made my first purchase on Amazon 25 years ago in 1998.
I thought 25 seemed long. I’m old so had to look it up. Maybe blackout drunk years. Lol

notacon
05-13-2023, 03:27 PM
I thought 25 seemed long. I’m old so had to look it up. Maybe blackout drunk years. Lol

:rofl: No. I don’t drink.

Just old fart memory.

Before I wrote that I looked back to see the first year I ordered anything from Amazon....1998. I just assumed it was with Prime, and I did not bother to look upon and found out, like you did, it did not exist until 2005. :rolleyes:

ckg927
05-16-2023, 05:43 PM
Go to DC and skip the game. Just enjoy the city.

Honestly, I did that in 2016. I stayed in a hostel(which, sadly, no longer exists...and yes, I freely admit it; when I'm traveling solo, I'm a cheap bastard!)for a few days after taking Amtrak in from Buffalo; I did a LOT of sightseeing(and taking in a Nationals game; yep, the same one where Max Scherzer tied an NL record with 20 strikeouts in a game). Never ONCE had to use a car....thank Metro for that.