Maybe Josh Allen ... a little more mature? Is that possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Maybe Josh Allen ... a little more mature? Is that possible?

Just watched Kyle's basement segment with Josh. Still the same guy we know but I detect a little more seriousness with regards to football. The urgency as in "I need to win one" just comes out unlike in the past with him football talking of having fun on the field attitude. I guess Mahomes winning the 2nd superbowl in a year when everyone was saying it's KC's down year, combined with him and the Bills coming off a year where everyone expected them to go to the big dance probably brought him some reality: it is far from a given in your career no matter how good you think you and your team are.

Also some subtle statement on him hoping to have kids one day ... you know the rumor going around about his breakup with his girlfriend because he knocked up some girl ...

• Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Maybe Josh Allen ... a little more mature? Is that possible?

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Just watched Kyle's basement segment with Josh. Still the same guy we know but I detect a little more seriousness with regards to football. The urgency as in "I need to win one" just comes out unlike in the past with him football talking of having fun on the field attitude. I guess Mahomes winning the 2nd superbowl in a year when everyone was saying it's KC's down year, combined with him and the Bills coming off a year where everyone expected them to go to the big dance probably brought him some reality: it is far from a given in your career no matter how good you think you and your team are.

Also some subtle statement on him hoping to have kids one day ... you know the rumor going around about his breakup with his girlfriend because he knocked up some girl ...

Breaking up with an instagram hoe will do that to a man

I know theyve been together for a while but i always imagined him with more of a traditional girl
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

He better mature, I would hate to think we've seen his ceiling. Hopefully last season's regression is just an anomaly, but the talk of him not working with Palmer this offseason is concerning.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        He better mature, I would hate to think we've seen his ceiling. Hopefully last season's regression is just an anomaly, but the talk of him not working with Palmer this offseason is concerning.
        Who did he work with?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

"Women weaken legs!" -Burgess Meredith, Rocky.

Last edited by Historian; 05-11-2023, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I think his late season regression was a function of the UCL sprain he suffered (and the accompanying regression of the o-line).

To his credit, he never used either as an excuse (that I'm aware of).

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

"I need to win one", needs to be McDermott's mantra.

Josh was ready, and then...13 seconds.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                "I need to win one", needs to be McDermott's mantra.

Josh was ready, and then...13 seconds.
                I'm getting really bad Marvin Lewis vibes from McD.

Great regular season coach. Out of his league when it's go-time in the playoffs.

Hoping he proves me wrong this year with a solid run.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                  I'm getting really bad Marvin Lewis vibes from McD.

Great regular season coach. Out of his league when it's go-time in the playoffs.

Hoping he proves me wrong this year with a solid run.
                  McD is a great coach to get guys to come together and believe in themselves.

He's not the one to step on a guy's throat and stab him through the heart. Which doesn't make him a bad dude. Just a good coach who will yield to other killers.

The team went through an extraordinary amount last year. Let's hope that it changed him.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

McD is at the D helm. He needs to game plan in the playoffs. Forget special teams. Forget OLine and TEs Heck pretend there is no offense at all. Focus 100 on D schemes and packages.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      McD is at the D helm. He needs to game plan in the playoffs. Forget special teams. Forget OLine and TEs Heck pretend there is no offense at all. Focus 100 on D schemes and packages.
                      See, this is the problem with having a defensive minded HC in an offense minded league. Your offense and franchise player is left in the the hands of...Ken Dorsey.

Yeah...not a winning formula.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                        See, this is the problem with having a defensive minded HC in an offense minded league. Your offense and franchise player is left in the the hands of...Ken Dorsey.

Yeah...not a winning formula.
                        I'm less concerned about Ken Dorsey than others.

Prior to the UCL sprain, Allen was in the MVP conversation and the Bills' offense - despite the late season slump - still registered the second most points per game in the league at 28.4. Chiefs were #1 at 29.2 PPG.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                          I'm less concerned about Ken Dorsey than others.

Prior to the UCL sprain, Allen was in the MVP conversation and the Bills' offense - despite the late season slump - still registered the second most points per game in the league at 28.4. Chiefs were #1 at 29.2 PPG.
                          Well see. Dorsey is entering only his 2nd season as the OC to our franchise player. I hate that we gambled Josh's MVP caliber talent with an unproven OC. There's a good chance that Allen's early season success last year was the inertia from Daboll's tenure and the fire that was left in the belly from the 13 seconds collapse. I didn't see Dorsey being able to reign in Allen's hero ball and get him to take care of the ball as the season went on. Since McD will concentrate on the D, Dorsey absolutely needs to be the right man for the job. He's too inexperienced to have a good idea though and that just sucks when we have a once in a lifetime qb.

Comment

• daryls61
                            • Jan 2013

Josh just has to take what the defense is giving him and not always look down field because he has a cannon for an arm. We have so crazy fast guys now. Get the ball into their hands and let them fly.
                            The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              Breaking up with an instagram hoe will do that to a man

I know theyve been together for a while but i always imagined him with more of a traditional girl
                              Seriously?!?!?! What a disgusting and misogynist thing to say.

They have known each other for years, going back to grammar school, and dating since college....about 6 years.

There is nothing whatsoever distasteful for being an instagram influencer. What, are you jealous that you cannot do that???

And calling her a “hoe” is WAY, WAY beyond the pale. What do you think Josh Allen’s reaction would be if you called Brittany Williams “an instagram hoe” to his face?!?!?!?

By ALL indications, Allen's and Brittany’s long, long relationship, (she once joked on instagram “thx for flirting with me when we were 8 years old, we've come a long way. I'm just glad you don't have cooties anymore”.) is the epitome of a “traditional girl”.

The person that needs to be a “little more mature” is YOU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X