PDA

View Full Version : Bills open season against Jets in MNF

BillsFanCupp38
05-11-2023, 07:44 AM
Just announced on bills Facebook page.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.facebook.com/72631215658/posts/pfbid02npmz443vpWh9MwHCoVCz7PD6kNerJp5awinBPJQeu4bSao277h2H45YFTsjxqnLPl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Woodman
05-11-2023, 07:54 AM
Buffalo Bills to play at Jets Week 1 in primetime

The Buffalo Bills will open their season in primetime once again and visit their AFC East rival New York Jets in Week 1 for a matchup on Monday Night Football. The game is set for Monday, Sept. 11 with an 8:15 p.m. kickoff and will be broadcast on ESPN.

Buffalo's 2023 season-opener is chalk full of storylines as the Bills begin their pursuit of a fourth-straight AFC East title. Meanwhile, the Jets acquired four-time league MVP Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers during the offseason and they enter the season with big expectations.

The Bills and Jets split the season series last season with the Jets winning in Week 9 and the Bills returning the favor with a 20-12 win in Week 14 in Buffalo. Since 2019, the Bills hold a 6-2 record against their division foe.

Buffalo Bills to play at Jets Week 1 in primetime (https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-jets-week-1-2023-monday-night-football)

Woodman
05-11-2023, 07:56 AM
At 8 p.m. on Thursday, the Bills' full 2023 schedule will be revealed on BuffaloBills.com and THE BILLS APP (https://yi.nzc.am/38/dT6iOT). The full NFL schedule for all 32 teams will be broadcast live on NFL Network at 8 p.m.

Historian
05-11-2023, 08:06 AM
Rat was actually right for once.

Oh well.....easy win.

Novacane
05-11-2023, 11:09 AM
The Jets and Rodgers slobbering is going to be sickening. I'm glad we get the first shot to slap that down!

DraftBoy
05-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Really didn't want to see a potentially motivated Rodgers in Week 1, but it's an opportunity to go out there and set the tone for the entire division.

JoeMama
05-11-2023, 11:47 AM
I'm happy the AFCE is getting more competitive.

The Bills need to face bigger challenges to prepare them for postseason.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 12:07 PM
The Jets and Rodgers slobbering is going to be sickening. I'm glad we get the first shot to slap that down!

Yeah, everything about this sucks.

We won't be a part of Opening Day. We have to wait a full extra day for our season to start. We'll be the only game on, so there will be nothing to flip to during commercials. We'll have to deal with all the sappy 9/11 pageantry and the Rodgers slobbering.

daryls61
05-11-2023, 12:26 PM
Tough matchup for Bills. Should be a good game.

Oaf
05-11-2023, 12:28 PM
Best rivalry since that stint of Testaverde vs Flutie in '98 and '99 IMO

Jeff1220
05-11-2023, 01:02 PM

The Bills need to face bigger challenges to prepare them for postseason.

They had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year.

JoeMama
05-11-2023, 01:09 PM
They had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year.

Six games vs Belichick, Rodgers, and Tua (if healthy), is a bigger test for this team than previous years in our division.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2023, 01:20 PM

We won't be a part of Opening Day. We have to wait a full extra day for our season to start. We'll be the only game on, so there will be nothing to flip to during commercials. We'll have to deal with all the sappy 9/11 pageantry and the Rodgers slobbering.
Why do you hate America and love the terrorists?

notacon
05-11-2023, 01:32 PM

I’ll repeat what I said on another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263129-Bills-2023-schedule-thread?p=5022429&viewfull=1#post5022429).

What cry baby!!! :D:

I like EVERYTHING about the opening game on Monday Night football. I’m 100% assured of being able to watch it “live". A 5:15PM start is perfect....I like 5:15 starts more than any topper time.

I’ll record like I usually do, start watching about 40 min in, and just zip through the intolerable commercials. Get to half time right at dinnertime....and then watch the second half of the game. Then bask in the win before 9:00PM.

Plus, it will be wonderful to see Allen outplay Rodgers and the Bills put the Jets in their place and quiet the NJ crowd.

I don’t think the opening Bills game could be any better than this.

mightysimi
05-11-2023, 01:34 PM
Also not a fan of Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles and Chargers on the road

Oaf
05-11-2023, 01:36 PM

It's like you're an AI bot tasked to write about Bills news from the perspective of a fictional Eeyore. :D

I love getting the Jets early before Rodgers gets synced with his team. I'll take the visitors.

OpIv37
05-11-2023, 03:18 PM
It's like you're an AI bot tasked to write about Bills news from the perspective of a fictional Eeyore. :D

I love getting the Jets early before Rodgers gets synced with his team. I'll take the visitors.

Or, in his first game with his new team, Rodgers will be extra-motivated to prove himself.

Either way, everything I said that you called "Eeyore" is completely true. Reality sucks sometimes. Deal with it.

jamze132
05-11-2023, 03:30 PM
I’ll be on a cruise…can’t wait!

sukie
05-11-2023, 04:12 PM
I’ll repeat what I said on another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263129-Bills-2023-schedule-thread?p=5022429&viewfull=1#post5022429).

What cry baby!!! :D:

I like EVERYTHING about the opening game on Monday Night football. I’m 100% assured of being able to watch it “live". A 5:15PM start is perfect....I like 5:15 starts more than any topper time.

I’ll record like I usually do, start watching about 40 min in, and just zip through the intolerable commercials. Get to half time right at dinnertime....and then watch the second half of the game. Then bask in the win before 9:00PM.

Plus, it will be wonderful to see Allen outplay Rodgers and the Bills put the Jets in their place and quiet the NJ crowd.

I don’t think the opening Bills game could be any better than this.

Last year’s was surprisingly sweet on the road against defending champs.

Joe Fo Sho
05-12-2023, 10:47 AM
Or, in his first game with his new team, Rodgers will be extra-motivated to prove himself.

Either way, everything I said that you called "Eeyore" is completely true. Reality sucks sometimes. Deal with it.

You being out of touch with reality is the exact reason you have that avatar, big guy.

OpIv37
05-12-2023, 11:06 AM
You being out of touch with reality is the exact reason you have that avatar, big guy.

That doesn’t change the reality that everything I said in that post was 100% fact

notacon
05-12-2023, 12:56 PM
That doesn’t change the reality that everything I said in that post was 100% fact

So what??

It’s also a FACT that Josh Allen and the whole Bills team will be just as (if not more) “extra-motivated” to prove himself and themselves.

Woodman
05-12-2023, 01:21 PM

Consistency is important.

:comedy:

Joe Fo Sho
05-12-2023, 03:44 PM

I can name facts that make it seem like the Bills will win, too (Josh's record on primetime, Rodgers early season woes R-E-L-A-X, etc). You always just choose the stats that make you the most miserable and at this point it's incredibly entertaining to me.

OpIv37
05-13-2023, 09:52 AM
I can name facts that make it seem like the Bills will win, too (Josh's record on primetime, Rodgers early season woes R-E-L-A-X, etc). You always just choose the stats that make you the most miserable and at this point it's incredibly entertaining to me.

MNF games start nearly a day and a half later than the standard 1 pm Sunday game. Fact.
There are no other games to flip to during MNF games. Fact.
MNF games don’t end until nearly midnight on the East Coast. Fact
Every other team except the Jets gets to start their season earlier than us. Fact.
The ESPN announcers tend to slobber over guys like Rodgers. Fact.
The game is being played in “New York” on 9/11, so there will be sappy pageantry. Fact.

Those stats that you claim I didn’t mention don’t matter. None of them can alleviate the **** reality of those facts.

Woodman
05-13-2023, 09:57 AM
Do you really enjoy the games?

OpIv37
05-13-2023, 10:55 AM
Do you really enjoy the games?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. That’s life. We don’t always get what we want.

Woodman
05-13-2023, 11:20 AM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. That’s life. We don’t always get what we want.
I enjoy the games.

Wish we could win em all.

:gobills:

Joe Fo Sho
05-14-2023, 01:01 AM
MNF games start nearly a day and a half later than the standard 1 pm Sunday game. Fact.
Every other team except the Jets gets to start their season earlier than us. Fact.
The game is being played in “New York” on 9/11, so there will be sappy pageantry. Fact.

Those stats that you claim I didn’t mention don’t matter. None of them can alleviate the **** reality of those facts.

:rofl: You want to bet again?

notacon
05-14-2023, 02:07 PM

None of these “facts” mean a damn thing. Maybe to you, but seriously, none of this really matters.

Plus the “fact” is that "ESPN announcers tend to slobber over guys like Josh Allen” too. It will be a slobber fest. So what???

The lamest of your “facts" is "There are no other games to flip to during MNF games”.

Really?!?!? Of course, that is not a factor at all in my world. I simply record the game (absolutely every prime time game) and start watching 45 min or so after it starts. Fast forward though all the crappy commercials, no need for any flipping like an impatient teenager.

I also really like anytime the Bills play in prime time because I can consume all the Sunday afternoon games the BEST way to watch NFL games that do not involve the Bills...on NFL Red Zone.

No commercials. None of the sometimes absurd delays between plays. Don't miss the best plays.

Plus I really enjoy my NFL+ Premium service. Watch every game for years back with all the commercial cut out. Can watch a full game in about 2 hours and 40 min. Even better is the “condensed” version. Every play and just every play. 40 minute watch time.

To each their own.

Woodman
05-15-2023, 03:25 PM

Great opportunity .... so far nothing .... be patient. :cheers:

OpIv37
05-16-2023, 09:27 AM

I don’t know what you want to bet about. All I did was state the facts about why starting on MNF sucks. I didn’t predict anything.

OpIv37
05-16-2023, 09:33 AM
None of these “facts” mean a damn thing. Maybe to you, but seriously, none of this really matters.

Plus the “fact” is that "ESPN announcers tend to slobber over guys like Josh Allen” too. It will be a slobber fest. So what???

The lamest of your “facts" is "There are no other games to flip to during MNF games”.

Really?!?!? Of course, that is not a factor at all in my world. I simply record the game (absolutely every prime time game) and start watching 45 min or so after it starts. Fast forward though all the crappy commercials, no need for any flipping like an impatient teenager.

I also really like anytime the Bills play in prime time because I can consume all the Sunday afternoon games the BEST way to watch NFL games that do not involve the Bills...on NFL Red Zone.

No commercials. None of the sometimes absurd delays between plays. Don't miss the best plays.

Plus I really enjoy my NFL+ Premium service. Watch every game for years back with all the commercial cut out. Can watch a full game in about 2 hours and 40 min. Even better is the “condensed” version. Every play and just every play. 40 minute watch time.

To each their own.
It may not matter to you. It matters a lot to me.

I don’t know how the Ticket will work on YouTube, but in DirecTV there was a Game Mix channel that showed 8 games at a time. During commercials in the Bills game, I’d flip to that channel to see what was going on in the other games. One of the 8 was the Bills game, so I knew exactly when to flip back. For me, that was the best way to keep up with all the games. Every time there was a break in the Bills games, I could easily check in on everyone else in one spot.

I don’t like watching the games on delay because too many people text me and it’s hard to avoid spoilers. It’s even worse when it’s a national game, because all the non-Bills fans that I know are watching too.

TigerJ
05-16-2023, 01:05 PM

The Bills need to face bigger challenges to prepare them for postseason.The AFC East has not been the weakest division by far for a while now. The AFC East and NFC East are probably the two toughest divisions in football right now. I agree that it's good for the Bills to be battle tested when they reach the playoffs. The downside of a really tough schedule is that it's tougher to win home field throughout the playoffs.

Joe Fo Sho
05-16-2023, 01:18 PM
I don’t know what you want to bet about. All I did was state the facts about why starting on MNF sucks. I didn’t predict anything.

You predicted that the game was going to suck.

I predict otherwise.

notacon
05-16-2023, 01:40 PM
It may not matter to you. It matters a lot to me.

I don’t know how the Ticket will work on YouTube, but in DirecTV there was a Game Mix channel that showed 8 games at a time. During commercials in the Bills game, I’d flip to that channel to see what was going on in the other games. One of the 8 was the Bills game, so I knew exactly when to flip back. For me, that was the best way to keep up with all the games. Every time there was a break in the Bills games, I could easily check in on everyone else in one spot.

I don’t like watching the games on delay because too many people text me and it’s hard to avoid spoilers. It’s even worse when it’s a national game, because all the non-Bills fans that I know are watching too.

I know (the bolded part above)....that’s why I said “to each their own”.

It’s extremely easy to avoid “spoilers” with my very slight time shifting. I just turn off my phone during a Bills game. I want to watch the game, not text. Three hours without a phone is a cheap price to pay and very welcome silence.

I had Sunday Ticket one season....and I tried the Game Mix. I hated it.

The chyron on the bottom of the screen during the Bills game gives me all the info I want from the games going on at the same time. I really like the Bills prime time games (or when there is no other game going on at the same time like the England game coming up).

Again...to each their own.

The first thing I do after the schedule comes out is to check on all the non-prime time (or exclusive) Bills games and compare to the Raiders schedule. Looking for conflicts on the same network.

Fortunately there are only TWO games that are in direct conflict....week #12 @ Philly (a 4:25PM ET time slot that will probably be the nationwide game....except in Vegas :rolleyes: ) when the Raiders host KC at the same time.

The other is week #17, NE @ Buffalo at 1:00PM....Raiders play at Indy on CBS same time.

It’s 100% sure that those two game will not be shown live in the Veags market. Oh well.

Lucky for me the Bills @ KC game in that premier 4:25PM ET time slot is on CBS and the Minn @ Raiders game at 4:05PM ET is on Fox. So there is a very good chance it will be on here.

The worst scenario for me (which is not that bad at all) is that the Bills are not shown in this market and I have to wait until the end of the game to watch, in full, with no commercials, on NFL+.

The only downside to that is I can’t watch NFL Red Zone while I’m waiting for the Bill same to be over.

With the possibility that I will not be able to watch only a handful of Bills games “live” (only four last season) makes the $400+ Youtube Sunday Ticket a really bad value and I am not considering it in the least.