PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Regular Season Record Predictions

notacon
05-12-2023, 01:25 PM
Now that the full 2023 schedule is out, it’s time for early regular season record predictions!!!

My early prediction for the Bills 2023 regular season……

Bills lose two division games, same 4-2 record as 2022. Could even be the same way…split with Miami and Jets, sweep NE.

There is a very good chance the Bills sweep the Jets (after an emotional and huge win ruining Rodgers first game as a Jet) the Bills come up big after a short week vs Denver and shock the Jets at home in week 11. Which could result in a somewhat unexpected 5-1 AFCE record.

Lose two of the four games vs elite teams….Cincy, KC, Philly & Dallas. I don’t think the Bills lose at home vs Dallas.

The three other games are on the road which pose the biggest challenges. I suspect (but am not predicting) they get revenge on Cincy and win that game, but KC gets revenge for two straight homes loses and wins…at home….again.

The pivotal game will be @Philly. The Eagles will be on a short week, but after losing on MNF @KC, they will be stoked to beat the Bills at home.

One other loss to a team they have no business losing to. Or more likely the @Chargers in week #16, who has the next elite QB to break out, although their HC is holding the team back.

12-5 record. Win AFCE for the fourth season in a row.

Best possible could be 13-4 if they sweep the Jets.

Worst is 11-6 if they lose three games to the elite four.

Woodman
05-12-2023, 01:28 PM
We still have Josh and we lost Frazier so let me see.

17 game regular season record ..... put me down for 14-3.

Forward_Lateral
05-12-2023, 01:29 PM
13-4 winning the division

OpIv37
05-12-2023, 01:36 PM
Week 1: 09/11, at New York Jets at 8:15 p.m. - L, Bills will be overconfident, Rodgers will be Rodgers
Week 2: 09/17, vs. Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m.- W, mediocre team making a long road trip
Week 3: 09/24, at Washington Commanders at 1 p.m.- W, Commanders are a mess
Week 4: 10/01, vs. Miami Dolphins at 1 p.m. W, not confident about this one though
Week 5: 10/08, vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in London at 9:30 a.m. L, Jax is not the pushover they once were and they're more used to the overseas trip.
Week 6: 10/15, vs. New York Giants at 8:20 p.m. W, the Giants are basically the Bills' B team
Week 7: 10/22, at New England Patriots at 1 p.m. L, div will be tough this year.
Week 8: 10/26, vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 8:15 p.m. W, TB is going to take a huge step back.
Week 9: 11/05, at Cincinnati Bengals at 8:20 p.m. L, I'll believe we can beat them if and only if we prove it.
Week 10: 11/13, vs. Denver Broncos at 8:15 p.m. W, another mediocre team on a long road trip.
Week 11: 11/19, vs. New York Jets at 4:25 p.m. W, I'll say we get one back here.
Week 12: 11/26, at Philadelphia Eagles at 4:25 p.m. L- yeah, right.
Week 13: Bye week
Week 14: 12/10, at Kansas City Chiefs at 4:25 p.m. L- we can beat them in the reg season but we don't always
Week 15: 12/17, vs. Dallas Cowboys at 4:25 p.m. L- I think they're underrated.
Week 16: 12/23, at Los Angeles Chargers at 8:00 p.m. L- worst (domestic) road trip of the season.
Week 17: 12/31, vs. New England Patriots at 1 p.m. W, another revenge game.
Week 18: TBD, at Miami Dolphins at TBD W- the last game is always the hardest because we don't know if either team will be resting starters, but I don't see the Bills being good enough to have that luxury.

9-8.

Chet
05-12-2023, 01:40 PM
10-12 win range, I’d be shocked at anything else

Woodman
05-12-2023, 01:49 PM
10-12 win range, I’d be shocked at anything else

Nice range but pretty sure we can do better.

:gobills:

Woodman
05-12-2023, 01:51 PM
Week 1: 09/11, at New York Jets at 8:15 p.m. - L, Bills will be overconfident, Rodgers will be Rodgers
Week 2: 09/17, vs. Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m.- W, mediocre team making a long road trip
Week 4: 10/01, vs. Miami Dolphins at 1 p.m. W, not confident about this one though
Week 5: 10/08, vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in London at 9:30 a.m. L, Jax is not the pushover they once were and they're more used to the overseas trip.
Week 6: 10/15, vs. New York Giants at 8:20 p.m. W, the Giants are basically the Bills' B team
Week 7: 10/22, at New England Patriots at 1 p.m. L, div will be tough this year.
Week 8: 10/26, vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 8:15 p.m. W, TB is going to take a huge step back.
Week 9: 11/05, at Cincinnati Bengals at 8:20 p.m. L, I'll believe we can beat them if and only if we prove it.
Week 10: 11/13, vs. Denver Broncos at 8:15 p.m. W, another mediocre team on a long road trip.
Week 11: 11/19, vs. New York Jets at 4:25 p.m. W, I'll say we get one back here.
Week 14: 12/10, at Kansas City Chiefs at 4:25 p.m. L- we can beat them in the reg season but we don't always
Week 16: 12/23, at Los Angeles Chargers at 8:00 p.m. L- worst (domestic) road trip of the season.
Week 18: TBD, at Miami Dolphins at TBD W- the last game is always the hardest because we don't know if either team will be resting starters, but I don't see the Bills being good enough to have that luxury.

9-8.
Now I'm sure we'll have a great year thanks bud. :kid:

OpIv37
05-12-2023, 01:56 PM
Nice range but pretty sure we can do better.

:gobills:
Doubt it. The Jets got Rodgers. The Fish got Ramsey. We didn’t really get any better than last year, and they did. The Div won’t be a cakewalk.

On top of that, we have to play the 3 best teams in the NFL in the Eagles, Chiefs and Bengals.

sukie
05-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Both Rodgers and Ramsey or Down slide players.

Woodman
05-12-2023, 02:16 PM
Both Rodgers and Ramsey or Down slide players.

Agreed! :cheers:

Woodman
05-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Doubt it. The Jets got Rodgers. The Fish got Ramsey. We didn’t really get any better than last year, and they did. The Div won’t be a cakewalk.

On top of that, we have to play the 3 best teams in the NFL in the Eagles, Chiefs and Bengals.

Duly noted.

Don't fear either in any way shape or form.

OpIv37
05-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Duly noted.

Don't fear either in any way shape or form.

Interesting take, considering that last year, the Jets and Dolphins each beat us once, and in the games where we won, we beat the Fish by 3 and the Jets by 8, so they were both one-score games. Those teams improving while we flatline is a bad sign.

sukie
05-12-2023, 02:45 PM
Last year outcomes have zero bearing on this season as far as games go.

notacon
05-12-2023, 03:30 PM

9-8.
:rofl: Exactly what we all expect from the #1 Negative Nancy Bills “fan”. You never fail to follow your expected downer mindset.

The good thing that is if Opi predicts this kind of record, it almost assuredly is not going to come true.

Unfortunately, the posts between November 2017 and September 2022 are lost (seemingly) forever. I get the impression that you’ve predicted nine wins for the Bills for the last several years....way off base every time.

Last year’s prediction from you of a 2-5 start was particularly negative and my prediction of a 5-2 start was off by one game. They went 6-1. :rofl:

But, hey, it’s what your opinion is and I respect you for putting your negativity out there for everyone to see.

There is only a three game difference in our predictions, so, it’s not a wild eyed...but nonetheless more likely to be not accurate or even close to accurate than being as far off as your previous preseason Debbie Downer opinions.

DraftBoy
05-12-2023, 03:35 PM
12-5 or 13-4 is the likely scenario.

Ginger Vitis
05-12-2023, 03:41 PM
The bills have won on the road against the patriots 3 years in a row... so why is OPIV predicting a bills loss in New England this year? Opian logic has always been to bet on the team that has won against another a few times in a row

Chet
05-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Unless coaching magically gets better we simply can no longer outclass the division in talent. Dolphins and Jets have loaded rosters now. We still have the best QB, but we are the weakest team schematically (by far). So, expecting 13-4 (what we were last year had the Bengals got to finish that beatdown) is just foolish imo

Typ0
05-12-2023, 05:48 PM
Going out on a limb and saying 11 wins but the team might very well struggle to get to 10 if they throw up some stinkers.

YardRat
05-12-2023, 06:23 PM
10-7 tops, and 2nd/3rd place in the division will be decided the last week.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-12-2023, 06:44 PM
Now that the full 2023 schedule is out, it’s time for early regular season record predictions!!!

My early prediction for the Bills 2023 regular season……

Bills lose two division games, same 4-2 record as 2022. Could even be the same way…split with Miami and Jets, sweep NE.

There is a very good chance the Bills sweep the Jets (after an emotional and huge win ruining Rodgers first game as a Jet) the Bills come up big after a short week vs Denver and shock the Jets at home in week 11. Which could result in a somewhat unexpected 5-1 AFCE record.

Lose two of the four games vs elite teams….Cincy, KC, Philly & Dallas. I don’t think the Bills lose at home vs Dallas.

The three other games are on the road which pose the biggest challenges. I suspect (but am not predicting) they get revenge on Cincy and win that game, but KC gets revenge for two straight homes loses and wins…at home….again.

The pivotal game will be @Philly. The Eagles will be on a short week, but after losing on MNF @KC, they will be stoked to beat the Bills at home.

One other loss to a team they have no business losing to. Or more likely the @Chargers in week #16, who has the next elite QB to break out, although their HC is holding the team back.

12-5 record. Win AFCE for the fourth season in a row.

Best possible could be 13-4 if they sweep the Jets.

Worst is 11-6 if they lose three games to the elite four.
agree for the most part
i'd throw the jags in as a potential loss

i didn't look up our all time record, but i don't feel we tend to play well against them historically
Trevor Lawrence is heading into the top 5 qb range

Rodgers is no longer Rodgers. He doesn't concern me. i say we sweep pats. split the other division games.
lose to Kansas City
Lose to Philly
lose to Jags

beat dallas and Chargers (they are an annual disappointment) and 'upset' the Bengals.

12-5. Division winners. Likely 3 seed.

i also think that the relative 'lack of respect' this offseason will be good as the target will not be on their back. I have a feeling Josh will either win MVP or come second.

also, there likely again won't be 2 death storms, a tops shooting, a dead player on the field and an owner with a major health scare.

Novacane
05-12-2023, 06:44 PM
I think McD calling the defense is going to change the D for the better. I think Joshs' elbow was a bigger issue than we've been told.

13-4

f8ta1ity54
05-12-2023, 07:37 PM
11-6. I can see a hot start then a tough second half of the season.

notacon
05-13-2023, 03:23 PM
agree for the most part
i'd throw the jags in as a potential loss

i didn't look up our all time record, but i don't feel we tend to play well against them historically
Trevor Lawrence is heading into the top 5 qb range

Rodgers is no longer Rodgers. He doesn't concern me. i say we sweep pats. split the other division games.
lose to Kansas City
Lose to Philly
lose to Jags

beat dallas and Chargers (they are an annual disappointment) and 'upset' the Bengals.

12-5. Division winners. Likely 3 seed.

i also think that the relative 'lack of respect' this offseason will be good as the target will not be on their back. I have a feeling Josh will either win MVP or come second.

also, there likely again won't be 2 death storms, a tops shooting, a dead player on the field and an owner with a major health scare.

Nice.

At this early stage in the pre-season I don’t like to predict individual games. Hence I opine that out of the four games vs the elite teams they play, the Bills will probably go 2-2.

You could easily be correct with a potential loss to Jags. I wrap all of those within “one other loss to a team they have no business losing to.” Sure it could be to Washington, Denver or Tampa Bay...who knows???

I don’t see the Bills winning any less than 11 games. It’s just not going to happen. Especially with how the schedule lays out. It is very advantageous for building incredible momentum.

It is not hard to envision the season stating with an EIGHT game win streak. At the least, they could easily start 7-1. The Bills will be coming off a Thursday night game vs Tampa (they will win that game) and then get TEN days off before traveling to Cincy. Who will be coming off a very tough road game at San Fran. Giving up on the Bills’ chances to win that game is monumentally dumb!!!

Getting the BYE week before the KC game is huge too. Would anyone be surprised if the Bills go 3-1 against the four elite teams??? Not me.

Who in the right mind thinks that after starting with 7 or 8 wins, they finish the season 2-8 or 1-9?!?! It’s unimaginable (unless Josh Allen is badly injured).

I am going to make another prediction....

Even with Aaron Rodgers, the Jets this year are more likely to be like Denver last year than Tampa Bay the year before. Before last season, all the talk was how competitive the AFCW would be and KC just might be toppled.

Fat chance.

All the talk this year is how much Miami and the Jets are going to make the AFCE even tougher than last season. And that Buffalo will have a dogfight on their hands to repeat as AFCE champs.

I don’t buy it. Tua has a snow balls chance in hell of playing 17 games. Last season, the nay sayers were saying that the Bills would not win the AFCE after the Minny loss. They ended up winning by 4 1/2 games!!!

Especially with the Jets opening schedule....Buffalo, @Dallas, NE, @KC.

Easily a 0-4 or 1-3 start. The Jets are much more likely to go 9-8 than the Bills (which is the most negative prediction here).

Miami will fold at the end of the season like they have done the past few years. Their last three games....Dallas, @Baltimore, Buffalo smells like a nosedive 0-3 to end the season.

Bills win AFCE by at least two games.

sukie
05-13-2023, 04:19 PM
I’m with Novacaine… 13 wins

OpIv37
05-13-2023, 09:59 PM
:rofl: Exactly what we all expect from the #1 Negative Nancy Bills “fan”. You never fail to follow your expected downer mindset.

The good thing that is if Opi predicts this kind of record, it almost assuredly is not going to come true.

Unfortunately, the posts between November 2017 and September 2022 are lost (seemingly) forever. I get the impression that you’ve predicted nine wins for the Bills for the last several years....way off base every time.

Last year’s prediction from you of a 2-5 start was particularly negative and my prediction of a 5-2 start was off by one game. They went 6-1. :rofl:

But, hey, it’s what your opinion is and I respect you for putting your negativity out there for everyone to see.

There is only a three game difference in our predictions, so, it’s not a wild eyed...but nonetheless more likely to be not accurate or even close to accurate than being as far off as your previous preseason Debbie Downer opinions.

The rest of the Div got better, we didn’t.

We hit the wall when it comes to juggernauts, we play all the juggernauts this season.

Admittedly, my track record hasn’t been as good lately, but there were a lot of years in the history of this board where I was one of the few who was willing to acknowledge the flaws in the team, and my record prediction was much closer than most.

There are flaws in this team and improvements in our opponents that many here aren’t acknowledging.

Gibby 2.0
05-14-2023, 12:50 AM
Week 1: 09/11, at New York Jets at 8:15 p.m. - L, Nothing about this game is in our favor. Look for a close game
Week 2: 09/17, vs. Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m.- W, the Raiders are trash
Week 3: 09/24, at Washington Commanders at 1 p.m.- W, if there is one team more poorly ran than the Raiders its the Commies
Week 4: 10/01, vs. Miami Dolphins at 1 p.m. W, the winning keeps on keeping on
Week 5: 10/08, vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in London at 9:30 a.m. W, Jax is not the pushover they once were, but the last time we lost in London we had EJ Manuel. Josh Allen is not that guy
Week 6: 10/15, vs. New York Giants at 8:20 p.m. W, Very close one, but a win nonetheless
Week 7: 10/22, at New England Patriots at 1 p.m. W, the division is very tough this year, but Bellichick is beatable without Brady and Mac Jones is no Brady
Week 8: 10/26, vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 8:15 p.m. W, what Opiv said
Week 9: 11/05, at Cincinnati Bengals at 8:20 p.m. L, what Opiv said
Week 10: 11/13, vs. Denver Broncos at 8:15 p.m. W, see above.
Week 11: 11/19, vs. New York Jets at 4:25 p.m. W, see above.
Week 12: 11/26, at Philadelphia Eagles at 4:25 p.m. W, the NFC is so mercurial. I think its possible that the Iggles are just dog **** this year. Most of the same starters as last year but just none of the luck
Week 14: 12/10, at Kansas City Chiefs at 4:25 p.m. W- Every year we go into Arrowhead and play like we belong in the Superbowl with them, and every year in the playoffs we either look past the guys we play before them or choke under the pressure of playing them in the playoffs
Week 15: 12/17, vs. Dallas Cowboys at 4:25 p.m. L- And every year we lay an egg after playing the Chiefs. Oh we could jut embarrass the Chiefs and beat em by 7 tds and we'd still blow chunks the following week.
Week 16: 12/23, at Los Angeles Chargers at 8:00 p.m. W, the bolts are almost always playing themselves out of the dance this late in the season.
Week 17: 12/31, vs. New England Patriots at 1 p.m. W, Win
Week 18: TBD, at Miami Dolphins at TBD L - Just like Cincy last year our season will essentially die in Miami. No, not any Damar type injuries, but just lots of pressure. I could so easily see a situation where its win and you win the division and/or homefield advantage, lose and you are on the road and we'd lay an egg.

13-4

2-1 in the dance

notacon
05-14-2023, 01:38 PM
The rest of the Div got better, we didn’t.

We hit the wall when it comes to juggernauts, we play all the juggernauts this season.

Admittedly, my track record hasn’t been as good lately, but there were a lot of years in the history of this board where I was one of the few who was willing to acknowledge the flaws in the team, and my record prediction was much closer than most.

There are flaws in this team and improvements in our opponents that many here aren’t acknowledging.
I believe that ("The rest of the Div got better, we didn’t. “) is 100% FALSE.

In fact, I believe that it is more the opposite. The BILLS got “better” more than the rest of the div. did.

NE hardly did a thing to get better. It’s obvious that they have lost faith in Mac Jones, rightly so, and had another uninspiring draft. Having to stoop so low to spend two picks on a kicker and punter.

Miami signing of Jalen Ramsey was big news, but he is just not as a consistent CB as he was earlier in his career and does not pose that much of a deterrence to Josh Allen. Their stupidity in tampering with Tom Brady and overpaying though got nose for Tyreek Hill has already cost them dearly.

Hill is an exciting player and all, but his presence on the field, even with Tua throwing, did not stop their five game losing streak last year. Tua’s chances of playing 17 games is between low and nil.

The Jets’ improved considerably by finally trading for Aaron Rodgers, but he’s not anywhere close to what Tom Brady brought to Tampa Bay. He’s certainly not the best QB in the division, and may struggle to be the second best (depending on how much Tua can stay on the field).

On the other hand, the Bills addressed their weakness spectacularly, with massive changes to the offense, which struggled too much last season. Even despite the underperforming of the offense, with Allen making ill timed turnovers and the offense costing the Bills every one of their four defeats last year, they STILL only lost 3 regular season games.

The drafting of Kincaid is HUGE. It is going to transform the offense, providing much more unpredictability, advantageous match ups, and take the load off Allen so he does not have to rely on being superman so much. Signing Connor McGovern and drafting (amazingly with the 59th pick) of O’Cyrus Torrence gores a long way to improve the O-line.

Every other change to the offense, which I have pointed out several times, produced a substantial rebuild (to one of the best offenses in the NFL) with fully 44% of the opening day offense roster from 2022 GONE.

You bet your ass your "track record hasn’t been as good lately” and the "lot of years in the history of this board where I was one of the few who was willing to acknowledge the flaws in the team” is totally irrelevant.

I WAS one who did exactly the same. That was a case of recognizing the obvious “homer” blindness where way too many “fans” were so desperate for good news they overinflated the team’s quality, especially surrounding the long string of crappy ass QB’s.

I remember when Kyle Orton was elevated to starter and played a few grames where he was not total dog****....too many here were elevating him to sainthood. I once started a thread exposing the fact that Orton was one of the worst QB’s in the NFL and was pilloried. Same with Edwards before him, and Tyrod Taylor.....and on and on and on.

It was relatively easy to “acknowledge the flaws in the team” when there were so many. Just because you (and I, and several others) were one of the “few” to do so does not go to our amazing ability to see clearly....it goes to the majority who were to intellectually dishonest (and craving for something, anything, to be positive about) that they blew smoke up their own butts and beloved the hype that they themselves created.

The past four years (since 2019) and the Bills obviously turning the corner with the events beginning with the teem being sold to Terry Pegula and finally getting rid of the AWFUL owner, Ralph Wilson, and eventually him “getting it” by hiring McDermott and Beane....and their maneuverings to draft Josh Allen....

Instead of recognizing the reality right in front of all our eyes, that the team was fast becoming one of the best in the NFL (irrespective of getting to and winning a SB) you decide to ignore the multitude of undeniable positives and do a reverse blind “homer” mindset where instead of over inflating a decidedly and obviously deeply flawed Bills teams and conjuring up positive things that just were not there...

You under inflated decidedly and obvious and extremely very, very good teams (fast becoming ELITE) and conure up NEGATIVES that are just not there (to the degree that you think they are).

That was has you crapping all over the Bills for at least the past three seasons, predicting doom and glom at every opportunity.

Again, unfortunately, the posts between Nov. 2017 and September 2022 are gone....but I distinctly remember your predicting LESS THAN 10 WINS every year.

Instead the Bills have won the second most games in that time period...with 10, 13, 11 & 13 win seasons.

Of course there are “flaws” to this team. There are “flaws” in EVERY SINGLE NFL TEAM!!!!

No ONE is ignoring "improvements in our opponents” and "aren’t acknowledging” them.

YOU are “ignoring” improvements to OUR team and you are over inflating the improvement to our opponents.

REVERSE HOMERISM!!!!

notacon
05-14-2023, 01:49 PM
BTW...anyone and everyone with a shred of objective and well informed reality of todays NFL teams KNOWS that the Buffalo Bills are one of the handful of ELITE teams.

They stand apart from the rest of the AFC as one of the three ELITE teams.

In fact, it is fairly easy to comprehend that there are only SIX “elite” teams in the NFL today...

KC
Cincy
Buffalo Bills
Philly
SanFran
Dallas

To predict that ANY of these undeniable elite teams will win only nine game this season INSULTS the intelligence of honest NFL fans, NFL professionals and NFL media members.

Woodman
05-15-2023, 03:37 PM
Admittedly, my track record hasn’t been as good lately

Keep that streak going.

Mr. Pink
05-15-2023, 11:03 PM
11-6

I say that week 18 matchup with the Dolphins decides the division.

GreedoII
05-16-2023, 08:03 AM
13-4 and under the radar and less pressure. They were media darlings from day 1 last year now everybody has their window closing and the Jets are now the big hype machine . lol

Night Train
05-16-2023, 08:18 AM
Just wish to make the playoffs in reasonably good health. Don't care about the seeding.

Tough schedule but other teams will have their issues also. I'm guessing 11 wins would get the Bills in the post season.

notacon
05-16-2023, 01:12 PM
11-6

I say that week 18 matchup with the Dolphins decides the division.
The NFL would love that scenario.

I doubt it. I think the Miami game will be an opportunity for the Bills to rest their starters because the seeding will already be locked in for the Bills. #1 or #2 seed....outside chance it will be #3.

Interesting that today CBS Sports writer Will Bronson published his W/L predictions for every team (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/full-2023-nfl-season-win-loss-record-projections-for-all-32-teams-bullish-on-bengals-taking-packers-under/)...

Buffalo Bils - 12-5
NY Jets - 10-7
New England - 9-8
Miami - 8-9

Not very bullish on Miami. I tend to agree with him because it’s just a matter of time when Tua is out for the season because of another concussion or two. Maybe the end of his career.

He agrees with my prediction that the Bills win the AFCE by two games.

We’ll see who’s closer to reality after only seven months and three weeks from today. :D:

Mr. Pink
05-16-2023, 04:53 PM
The NFL would love that scenario.

I doubt it. I think the Miami game will be an opportunity for the Bills to rest their starters because the seeding will already be locked in for the Bills. #1 or #2 seed....outside chance it will be #3.

Interesting that today CBS Sports writer Will Bronson published his W/L predictions for every team (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/full-2023-nfl-season-win-loss-record-projections-for-all-32-teams-bullish-on-bengals-taking-packers-under/)...

Buffalo Bils - 12-5
NY Jets - 10-7
New England - 9-8
Miami - 8-9

Not very bullish on Miami. I tend to agree with him because it’s just a matter of time when Tua is out for the season because of another concussion or two. Maybe the end of his career.

He agrees with my prediction that the Bills win the AFCE by two games.

We’ll see who’s closer to reality after only seven months and three weeks from today. :D:

I figure Tua will miss a few games which is why I'm saying that 11-6 could win the AFC East.

The Fish are a scary team with a ton of speed all over their offense.

The Jets are also pretty scary since they've paired a QB to go with their top 5 defense.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all three teams end up splitting with each other.

The Pats, shockingly enough, are the bottom feeders of the division right now. When's the last time anyone thought that of the Pats? Back when Scott Zolak was their QB? Crazy.

gr8slayer
05-16-2023, 08:31 PM
I'm going 17 - 0, just to piss off Op.

Canadian'eh!
05-17-2023, 05:27 AM
I see it as 10-7 or maybe even 9-8. 2nd or 3rd in the division and fighting for a wildcard spot.

jamze132
05-17-2023, 05:44 AM
12-5

TacklingDummy
05-17-2023, 07:54 AM
Diggs has alot of tough match ups this year. This season is going to depend alot on Gabe Davis.

Woodman
05-17-2023, 08:26 AM
Diggs has a lot of tough match ups this year. This season is going to depend a lot on Gabe Davis.

Agreed along with Shakir, Knox and possibly Kincaid.

Spreading it around is critical.

notacon
05-17-2023, 01:12 PM
I figure Tua will miss a few games which is why I'm saying that 11-6 could win the AFC East.

The Fish are a scary team with a ton of speed all over their offense.

The Jets are also pretty scary since they've paired a QB to go with their top 5 defense.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all three teams end up splitting with each other.

The Pats, shockingly enough, are the bottom feeders of the division right now. When's the last time anyone thought that of the Pats? Back when Scott Zolak was their QB? Crazy.
I don’t think anyone will be surprised if the Bills, Miami and Jets all have 4-2 division records. Splitting games with each other and all beating up on the Pats. Although the Jets have a HUGE monkey to get off their back with the longest active long streak to a single team, the Pats...14 games in a row.

Stil not close to the Bills 20 game losing streak to Miami in the 70’s. :rolleyes:

I’m not convinced Miami will be that much different than last season. They were supposedly a "scary team with a ton of speed all over their offense.” and did well until defenses watched enough film to counteract their scheme.

Even with Tua on the field they had a four game losing streak late last year. I’ll believe they are a serious threat when they actually become one.

The Jets do have a good defense...and it is correct that they had a “top 5” defense last year....but the Bills, despite all their massive injuries on defense had the #6 ranked defense.

Rodgers will bring more wins to the Jets than not having him. But the schedule is brutal for the Greenmen for the start of the season. They could easily start 2-4 at their bye (losing to Buffalo, Dallas, KC & Philly) and then lose the next two games (NYG & LAC) and fall to 2-6.

This has all the feel of Denver last season. Denver had a top 8 defense in 2021 and was widely seen as just needing a quality QB to start challenging KC. How did that work out??? Will anyone be surprised if Rodgers shows even more decline and screws the pooch???? Not me.

In any event, your predictions are credible for sure, but I still see the Bills brushing off the challenge and winning the AFCE by two games (at least)

notacon
05-17-2023, 01:15 PM
Diggs has alot of tough match ups this year. This season is going to depend alot on Gabe Davis.

True. But the presence of Kincaid will (hopefully) make Davis (and Diggs) more effective. A real running game (outside Josh) will go a long way to improve the offense too.

The ability to put two TE’s in the game and then either run or use the short, over-the-middle pass game to Kincaid could transform this offense.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2023, 02:43 PM
This has all the feel of Denver last season. Denver had a top 8 defense in 2021 and was widely seen as just needing a quality QB to start challenging KC. How did that work out??? Will anyone be surprised if Rodgers shows even more decline and screws the pooch???? Not me.

[/COLOR]

Going to disagree there. While Rodgers is a headcase and definitely on the downside of his career, he is still miles better than that overrated Russell Wilson.

I made my feelings known on him last season and I think the Donkeys are screwed for years because of that decision and contract with him.

notacon
05-18-2023, 12:35 PM
Going to disagree there. While Rodgers is a headcase and definitely on the downside of his career, he is still miles better than that overrated Russell Wilson.

I made my feelings known on him last season and I think the Donkeys are screwed for years because of that decision and contract with him.

Actually we agree more than disagree.

There is no doubt that Rodgers is better than Wilson. I’ve said this before and should have qualified it again here....let me rephrase....

Rodgers going to Jets has more a feeling of Wilson to Denver than Brady to Tampa Bay.

Denver also had the anchor of a really, really bad new HC. Robert Saleh is a decent coach, better than Hackett (although that’s not saying much), but no where near Sean Payton. I expect a bounce back for Denver this season, and although Wilson may be overrated, he still has the ability to be a good QB, albeit not even close to elite anymore.

Rodgers, in many ways, is somewhat overrated. It’s been 13 years since his single Super Bowl win. He racked up impressive regular season records, in the dismal NFC North. Chicago and Detroit have been doormats for years. Minnesota has mostly been inconsistent at best with only four winning seasons since Rodgers 2010 SB win.

Like I already said....Rodgers will bring more wins to the Jets than not having him. But the schedule is brutal for the Greenmen for the start of the season. They could easily start 2-4 at their bye (losing to Buffalo, Dallas, KC & Philly) and then lose the next two games (NYG & LAC) and fall to 2-6.

I do expect the Jets to be #2 in the AFCE, and they may even scratch out a wild card spot because the competition is so fierce in the AFC with the best QB’s in the NFL ALL residing here and beating up on each other every time they play fellow AFC teams.

It’s pretty easy to rank the top QB’s in the NFL.....

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Lawrence
Rodgers
Hurts

Only one in the NFC. The drop off after these eight is noticeable.

In any event, the Jets early season schedule is brutal, and the NYC media will be merciless if they start 2-6 (which is very possible if not probable). Their schedule lightens up a little after that with a very winnable game @ Las Vegas, and then they are right back into the **** @ Buffalo.

Despite the possibility that NY, Miami and Buffalo all split their division games over each other, if the Bills win the first game of the season (which I think is more likely than not) the pressure to win in Buffalo is going to be overwhelming.

It could be the pivotal game of the season for them, but not the Bills (it is extremely possible the Bills go into that game sitting at 9-1, and the Jets 3-6). If the Jets lose that game, their season could be effectively over at 3-7.

Obviously the uncertainly to how each game’s results will be is why the games have to be played and the outcomes is always in doubt until it’s over.

Really looking forward to the season starting!!!!