PDA

View Full Version : Our biggest concern defensively...

WG
09-04-2003, 10:44 AM
...is the lack of practical upgrade w/ Denney at "TODEP" and Adams who is apparently finished as anything other than a backup DT in this league.

My big concern, given the lack of true upgrade vice only a paper one, is that our LBs will have to compensate thus opening up the middle of the field for teams to short-medium pass on us.

It happened all preseason and there's nothing suggesting that it won't be an issue this season.

I'm concerned.

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 10:48 AM
See, Wys is concerened about Adams. Wys I posted a bunch of stuff from Sam for ya, whadaya think? :D

Judge
09-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Too early to completely dismiss Sam Adams like this. Let's see what he does Sunday- I suspect he may have been lollygagging a little bit this preseason. Hopefully I'm right, and the LB's won't be engaged like Wys fears.

Patrick76777
09-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Judge
Too early to completely dismiss Sam Adams like this. Let's see what he does Sunday- I suspect he may have been lollygagging a little bit this preseason. Hopefully I'm right, and the LB's won't be engaged like Wys fears.

Right on Judge.

LtBillsFan66
09-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Way too early. We'll see for sure in a few days!

lunatic_bills_fan
09-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Im not worried about the LB's having to compensate this Sunday. With NE's terrible running game, our DL will suffice just fine. That will allow our LB's to take away the short/med pass plays.

Stewie
09-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
...is the lack of practical upgrade w/ Denney at "TODEP" and Adams who is apparently finished as anything other than a backup DT in this league.
I'm concerned.

Is the same perception that had you seeing Rob Johnson as a probowler? Or maybe it was the vision of super bowl stardom with Travis Brown and Shawn Bryson leading the herd?

WG
09-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Possibly Loony,

But if the DL doesn't "suffice", then it will be a huge issue the same way it was during the PS.

Originally posted by Judge

Hopefully Judge! ;)

WG
09-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by paulB
Is the same perception that had you seeing Rob Johnson as a probowler? Or maybe it was the vision of super bowl stardom with Travis Brown and Shawn Bryson leading the herd?

I know, I know. I'm always wrong and you must be always right.

Care to wager on Adams somehow there B?

:z:

mchurchfie
09-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Sam Adams I'm not worried about, I think he has been very Brucelike this preseason...of course, we know nobody does it better than Bruce when it comes to training camp:D Denney I am very concerned about...he makes a great play one time then he gets pancaked the next time around...his growing pains could hurt an otherwise very solid defense.

WG
09-04-2003, 11:12 AM
I'll tell you what, find out what his bonus clauses were. We'll wager on those.

According to many here, which is the lone hotbed of Adams supporters in WNY apparently, Adams will easily match the hype of his words as posted by BB.

So why don't you dig out those performance incentives and we'll take a look shall we. I'll likely wager you on each and every one of them independently if you like. ZBs, real Bs, wings, whatever.

As w/ Sam, time for you to bring your tough talk to the table. But not to sweat it, 'cause I'm never correct. So nothin' to fear, eh!

I'll be waiting. Shoot them or the link over at your convenience. PM. Preferably prior to Sunday.

;)

WG
09-04-2003, 11:12 AM
BTW, where's Marcus Jones?

Didn't happen to see him on the roster? He go somewhere...?

I could have sworn that he was supposed to have umpteen sacks for us this season. Odd that we would cut such a force, eh!

:YAWN:

mchurchfie
09-04-2003, 11:59 AM
He's resting his knee...give him a break.:D

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

holy christ.. it is the same thing on every thread on every post that has your name attached to it..

:mad:

WG
09-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah, well soon you'll see why!

Easy T! Too much sugar for breakfast apparently...

:D

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 12:08 PM
come on man..

i just want you to lighten up with all the negative crap at least until you see some negative play!!!

if denny has 2 sacks and sam has 10 tackles.. you seem like you still would find a reason to jump on their tails..