PDA

View Full Version : Anyone concerned about the hype?

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 11:14 AM
I hope the team just stays focused on the win we need and doesn't let all this hype overshadow what needs to be done.

Judge
09-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
I hope the team just stays focused on the win we need and doesn't let all this hype overshadow what needs to be done.

The hype is with the fans and media. I don't believe the hype really ever affects a professional team other than in the glare of the Super Bowl lights- these guys are professionals.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 11:23 AM
If they don't focus you can blame gr-EGG head.

justasportsfan
09-04-2003, 11:24 AM
I sure am. If the Pats lose, Bellichick will get a lot of heat. If we lose , will look like idiots.

WG
09-04-2003, 11:25 AM
What hype?

Other than opening day of the NFL season, I don't see much hype. It's certainly not like it was last season. Bledsoe this and Bledsoe that. "Bledsoe Bowl I", "Bledsoe v. Brady", etc.

I see relatively little hype over this particular game other than that fact that it's been a long offseason and fans are ready to start the season.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
What hype?

Other than opening day of the NFL season, I don't see much hype. It's certainly not like it was last season. Bledsoe this and Bledsoe that. "Bledsoe Bowl I", "Bledsoe v. Brady", etc.

I see relatively little hype over this particular game other than that fact that it's been a long offseason and fans are ready to start the season.

Hype?? With the signing of Milloy, this is now the game of the week!!

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
What hype?

Have we been reading the same articles and message board? :scratch:

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Exactly.

Ebenezer
09-04-2003, 11:40 AM
I would not be surprised if CBS makes it their #1 telecast...and I would not be surprised if the ratings beat all the games...except the Sunday and Monday night games.

Judge
09-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

In Buffalo and Boston- yes. In NY, Chicago, Dallas, etc.? NO.

Wys is right- there is no hype for this game other than the usual for an NFL game. Just b/c the game will have a 90 rating or whatever in Buffalo doesn't mean casual NFL fans elsewhere care yet.

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Judge
In Buffalo and Boston- yes. In NY, Chicago, Dallas, etc.? NO.

Wys is right- there is no hype for this game other than the usual for an NFL game. Just b/c the game will have a 90 rating or whatever in Buffalo doesn't mean casual NFL fans elsewhere care yet.

I don't completely buy into that. The AFCE is considered tough by many others, not just those involved with the AFCE. The Pats had an advantage According to many, (granted some worth a hoot and some not) over us as far as who would go farther this year. No, Milloy himself doesn't change that, however he is recognized as a big bonus to a D with him on it, and as a part of our D that needed help in that position. Enough so that even Vegas changed their odds right after this signing. No, none of this is monumetal but it all figures in natiowide, IMO. Even some of the big name guys on the national tv shows/sites, etc are changing their tune. So to say it's not a national interest isn't so, IMO of course. I don't think it is just in Boston and Buffalo but I don't think the scope of it is as it happens for a SB or playoffs.

Herdwatcher
09-04-2003, 12:05 PM

That's what it's all about.. the win! As long as the other players don't start to ask Milloy Q after Q during the game and lose track of the game plan, they will be all right. There will be time for that later.

How have you been Billsbabee? Going to the opener?

BillsNick
09-04-2003, 12:08 PM
It is, according to NFL.com, the most anticipated game of week one? Is that hype? maybe, maybe not, but there will be an abundance of people watching this game all over the country, more so than any other game.

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Herdwatcher
How have you been Billsbabee? Going to the opener?

Hey Herd, things are great. :up: How 'bout you? Life's always good when it's football season, woohoo!!

No, can't make it up there. Dunno if I'll even be able to make one game this year. :wail: :wail: :wail: Have to count on my Sunday ticket.

Herdwatcher
09-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Hey Herd, things are great. :up: How 'bout you? Life's always good when it's football season, woohoo!!

No, can't make it up there. Dunno if I'll even be able to make one game this year. :wail: :wail: :wail: Have to count on my Sunday ticket.

Sorry to hear that you're not going to make it. I'll be there! Flying in saturday around 6pm. Dave is picking me up and I'm going to stay with him until monday afternoon. Talk about accommodations!
I've been busy going to school and working. Trying to fit in some fishing in here and there. That's about it!!

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Herdwatcher
Sorry to hear that you're not going to make it. I'll be there! Flying in saturday around 6pm. Dave is picking me up and I'm going to stay with him until monday afternoon. Talk about accommodations!
I've been busy going to school and working. Trying to fit in some fishing in here and there. That's about it!!

Cool deal dude. Have a couple of :beers: or 6 for me. :D