X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Offensive weakness......

What does everyone think our biggest O weakness will be?

Outside of penalties, I don't see anything that worries me too much. I'de have to say my one little concern is TE's, and a slight concern with O-line. Don't get me wrong, these are very small concerns, just enough for me to say hmmm...
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

I'm concerned about the o-line. I thought they were overrated going into camp, and said so on here. I think they have alot to prove as far as whether they're gelling as a unit.

We need a strong o-line. I'm not sure our's is that good. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my big concern. Unless the o-line works, Travis won't be as productive, Drew won't have as much time to throw, and Moulds won't get the receptions.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Drew Bledsoe. I'm speaking for wys before he put's in a 10 page thread. No need to answer wys. I got you covered
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Drew Bledsoe. I'm speaking for wys before he put's in a 10 page thread. No need to answer wys. I got you covered
        Good thinking Justa!
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Herdwatcher
          One out of many
          • Jul 2002

Sacks! It's a toss up between protection breakdown and Bledsoe holding the ball too long. = way too many times Drew is on the ground and we lose yards doing so.
          Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Re: Offensive weakness......

Originally posted by BillsNick
            What does everyone think our biggest O weakness will be?
            Bledsoe's play vs. the better teams, of which our schedule contains 10 or 11 of them. Also, his TOs.

We'll have to limit his role otherwise they'll be huge factors again preventing us from winning games.

OL will be solid and suprisingly we have some decent depth.
            WRs will be fine and again, depth there is surprising from a month ago.
            RBs, ditto.
            TEs ditto.

So the O is solid. Only mistakes can hurt us. One or two a game won't be factors unless in Bledsoe fashion they either end a drive in the red zone or set the other team up in ours. But 2 or 3, or more, per game, are going to lose games for us.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I think we'll get good pressure.

OL is thin...especially the interior.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

the ability of Gilbride to adjust on gameday is still a big question, which IMO is a weakness. Abandon the run in panic situations.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsNick
                  • Jul 2003

I would like to see them utilize the play action pass a bit more too!

Comment

• Drewpac
                    • Jul 2002

Gilbride and Bledsoe. Bledsoe was generally atrocious in the second half last season. He laid an absolute egg in the SD, NYJ(2nd), GB, and NE(2nd) games last season. The Green Bay and New England games were two of the worst performances I have ever seen from any quarterback at any level. I wouldn't mind seeing Travis run more than Bledsoe throws this year. I'll give Drew the benefit of the doubt to start the season, but if he returns to playing the way he did to end the season I'll start praying for a switch to AVP.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                      I think we'll get good pressure.

OL is thin...especially the interior.
                      The fact that Sullivan can back up both G and T should help us in that area a little.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Discipline. While Gilbride needs to be able to adapt the game plan to what the Patriot's do to some extent, I hope they don't let panic get them off the game plan. I almost think that's Belichik's primary modus operendi (I can't spell Latin). He disrupts what the other team wants to do early and then works to keep them off balance. Buffalo needs to be ready to adapt early but not throw their whole game plan in the trash just because Belichik puts 10 men on the line and TH can't run in the first series.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• socalfan
                          Old Fogey from Cali
                          • Feb 2003

OL will probably be a problem, if you take Sulivan a 5th round offensive tackle playing guard last year and replace him with a non drafted college guard, then I think it shows you are not quite set.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

Re: Re: Offensive weakness......

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Bledsoe's play vs. the better teams, of which our schedule contains 10 or 11 of them. Also, his TOs.

We'll have to limit his role otherwise they'll be huge factors again preventing us from winning games.

OL will be solid and suprisingly we have some decent depth.
                            WRs will be fine and again, depth there is surprising from a month ago.
                            RBs, ditto.
                            TEs ditto.

So the O is solid. Only mistakes can hurt us. One or two a game won't be factors unless in Bledsoe fashion they either end a drive in the red zone or set the other team up in ours. But 2 or 3, or more, per game, are going to lose games for us.
                            I cant wait to meet u on Sunday Wys.... in all my Bledsoe gear :spider:

Comment

• AG75
                              My buns are weiner friendly
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Whew...thank you. I swear some people purposely try to set Wys up :)
                              Aimee

Comment

Working...
                              X