PDA

View Full Version : Offensive weakness......

BillsNick
09-04-2003, 12:38 PM
What does everyone think our biggest O weakness will be?

Outside of penalties, I don't see anything that worries me too much. I'de have to say my one little concern is TE's, and a slight concern with O-line. Don't get me wrong, these are very small concerns, just enough for me to say hmmm...

Judge
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm concerned about the o-line. I thought they were overrated going into camp, and said so on here. I think they have alot to prove as far as whether they're gelling as a unit.

We need a strong o-line. I'm not sure our's is that good. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my big concern. Unless the o-line works, Travis won't be as productive, Drew won't have as much time to throw, and Moulds won't get the receptions.

justasportsfan
09-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Drew Bledsoe. I'm speaking for wys before he put's in a 10 page thread. No need to answer wys. I got you covered :D

Judge
09-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Drew Bledsoe. I'm speaking for wys before he put's in a 10 page thread. No need to answer wys. I got you covered :D

Good thinking Justa!

Herdwatcher
09-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Sacks! It's a toss up between protection breakdown and Bledsoe holding the ball too long. = way too many times Drew is on the ground and we lose yards doing so.

WG
09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
What does everyone think our biggest O weakness will be?

Bledsoe's play vs. the better teams, of which our schedule contains 10 or 11 of them. Also, his TOs.

We'll have to limit his role otherwise they'll be huge factors again preventing us from winning games.

OL will be solid and suprisingly we have some decent depth.
WRs will be fine and again, depth there is surprising from a month ago.
RBs, ditto.
TEs ditto.

So the O is solid. Only mistakes can hurt us. One or two a game won't be factors unless in Bledsoe fashion they either end a drive in the red zone or set the other team up in ours. But 2 or 3, or more, per game, are going to lose games for us.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 12:57 PM
I think we'll get good pressure.

OL is thin...especially the interior.

justasportsfan
09-04-2003, 01:02 PM
the ability of Gilbride to adjust on gameday is still a big question, which IMO is a weakness. Abandon the run in panic situations.

BillsNick
09-04-2003, 01:38 PM
I would like to see them utilize the play action pass a bit more too!

Drewpac
09-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Gilbride and Bledsoe. Bledsoe was generally atrocious in the second half last season. He laid an absolute egg in the SD, NYJ(2nd), GB, and NE(2nd) games last season. The Green Bay and New England games were two of the worst performances I have ever seen from any quarterback at any level. I wouldn't mind seeing Travis run more than Bledsoe throws this year. I'll give Drew the benefit of the doubt to start the season, but if he returns to playing the way he did to end the season I'll start praying for a switch to AVP.

The_Philster
09-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I think we'll get good pressure.

OL is thin...especially the interior.

The fact that Sullivan can back up both G and T should help us in that area a little.

TigerJ
09-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Discipline. While Gilbride needs to be able to adapt the game plan to what the Patriot's do to some extent, I hope they don't let panic get them off the game plan. I almost think that's Belichik's primary modus operendi (I can't spell Latin). He disrupts what the other team wants to do early and then works to keep them off balance. Buffalo needs to be ready to adapt early but not throw their whole game plan in the trash just because Belichik puts 10 men on the line and TH can't run in the first series.

socalfan
09-04-2003, 08:39 PM
OL will probably be a problem, if you take Sulivan a 5th round offensive tackle playing guard last year and replace him with a non drafted college guard, then I think it shows you are not quite set.

saviorbledsoe
09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Bledsoe's play vs. the better teams, of which our schedule contains 10 or 11 of them. Also, his TOs.

We'll have to limit his role otherwise they'll be huge factors again preventing us from winning games.

OL will be solid and suprisingly we have some decent depth.
WRs will be fine and again, depth there is surprising from a month ago.
RBs, ditto.
TEs ditto.

So the O is solid. Only mistakes can hurt us. One or two a game won't be factors unless in Bledsoe fashion they either end a drive in the red zone or set the other team up in ours. But 2 or 3, or more, per game, are going to lose games for us.

I cant wait to meet u on Sunday Wys.... in all my Bledsoe gear :spider:

AG75
09-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Drew Bledsoe. I'm speaking for wys before he put's in a 10 page thread. No need to answer wys. I got you covered :D Whew...thank you. I swear some people purposely try to set Wys up :)

bernielivsey_1
09-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Gilbride and Stupid penalties

Jan Reimers
09-05-2003, 08:47 AM
None.

IHateTheDullphins
09-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Penalties are our biggest enemy IMHO

Throne Logic
09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
the ability of Gilbride to adjust on gameday is still a big question, which IMO is a weakness. Abandon the run in panic situations.

bingo

BillsNick
09-05-2003, 11:15 AM
i agree with that for sure.

XNOUGHT
09-05-2003, 12:12 PM
The Patriots defense. :D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry sorry :)

I saw an opening :woot:

MDFINFAN
09-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Penalties are our biggest enemy IMHO

That along with the OL, and adams and DE's, their will be areas of concern until proven otherwise.....

Ron C.
09-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I hate to second guess the master, but drafting a stud LT like Bryant Mckinney would have solidified our O-line for the next 6-8 years. Imagine McKinney-Brown-Teague-Pucillo-Jennings or better yet McKinney-Brown-Teague-Jennings-Turley (minus a more attractive 2nd round pick to NO).