PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory MiniCamp thread

YardRat
06-13-2023, 05:16 AM
Does Diggs show up from the very beginning?

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 05:30 AM
Be a surprise if he didn’t, but until Training Camp it doesn’t really matter.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-13-2023, 06:33 AM
It's Tuesday morning... hard to believe that SOMEONE can't confirm if Diggs is in town.

Night Train
06-13-2023, 07:17 AM
Todays episode of The Young & The Restless is brought to you by Borax Detergent Booster.

Get those problem stains out with Borax !

Woodman
06-13-2023, 11:03 AM
No Diggs today.

Buffalogic
06-13-2023, 11:14 AM
Diggs is a little *****. Just do your job and stop crying ffs.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 11:22 AM
He will be fined ..... if that matters.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 11:28 AM
A year ago Diggs agreed to a new contract that added four years and $96 million to his previous deal, and he’s currently under contract with the Bills through the 2027 season. It would be unusual for a player to become unhappy with his contract that soon into a long-term deal, but something is clearly up with the Bills’ star receiver.

Night Train
06-13-2023, 11:56 AM
He was here for his medical yesterday.

Um..OK.

Canadian'eh!
06-13-2023, 11:57 AM
He showed up for precamp testing yesterday, no shows the camp today. This is ridiculous. He signed a massive deal a year ago. He got his targets, yards. Wtf does he want?

sukie
06-13-2023, 12:05 PM
He’s unreadable even if the bills wanted to. 45m cap hit this season

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 12:15 PM
If he was here for testing then maybe he was excused? Dunno. Either way not a great look for Diggs.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 12:21 PM
When the team’s voluntary workouts came due on the calendar, Diggs was absent — which is normal for him despite the attention it repeatedly gets. However, as of Tuesday, June 13, Stefon Diggs was a no-show for the first day of Bills mandatory mini camp. WIVB Sports Director Josh Reed was the first to break the news, saying “head coach Sean McDermott says Stefon Diggs is not here but everyone else is. He says he’s very concerned about that.”

Stefon Diggs a no-show at Buffalo Bills’ mandatory minicamp - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/6/13/23759487/stefon-diggs-a-no-show-at-buffalo-bills-mandatory-minicamp-josh-allen-afc-playoffs-nfl-draft-trade)

Novacane
06-13-2023, 12:42 PM
Pulling the same **** he pulled in Minnesota. Big baby. I knew that extension was premature.

Forward_Lateral
06-13-2023, 12:57 PM
Not worried yet

Canadian'eh!
06-13-2023, 01:14 PM
If he was here for testing then maybe he was excused? Dunno. Either way not a great look for Diggs.

apparently be showed up to pre camp meetings today too, then took off before practice. He literally has zero reason to be unhappy.

top 5 in targets, catches, yards. New, highly paid contract.

and his agent can tell him there no way Buffalo can trade him so holding out is pointless

imbondz
06-13-2023, 01:21 PM
Not worried yet

I am a little. It always goes back to we just can’t have nice things.

sukie
06-13-2023, 01:26 PM
Funny how his agent tweeted he is I. Town and will attend all of mini camp… they must not speak much

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 01:39 PM
apparently be showed up to pre camp meetings today too, then took off before practice. He literally has zero reason to be unhappy.

and his agent can tell him there no way Buffalo can trade him so holding out is pointless

There is only one thing Diggs wants at this point and that’s to win it all. I don’t think this is about anything other than that.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 01:47 PM
Winning it all means get to work. :idunno:

notacon
06-13-2023, 02:11 PM
The story is that he was in town and showed up at the facility for medical testing....and then left.

It sure seems like it was NOT a case of the Bills saying he could go. McDermott’s displeasure is being reported everywhere.

Diggs has got to grow the **** up, put on his big boy pants and fulfill his contract that was just negotiated and has put gobs of money in his pocket immediately (that happens every time salary is restructured to bonuses for cap purposes).

He’s got the Bills over a barrel for 2023 and 2024 because the dead cap money is intolerable.

Sure looking like the time to move on from him is approaching.

notacon
06-13-2023, 02:14 PM
There is only one thing Diggs wants at this point and that’s to win it all. I don’t think this is about anything other than that.

That may be true...but THIS is NOT the way to go about achieving that goal.

How in the world can him POUTING and not participating in mandatory mini camp going to bring him and the TEAM any closer to “winning it all”?!?!?!?

The short answer is, it WON’T....and if anything, makes that goal more difficult to achieve.

GreedoII
06-13-2023, 02:16 PM

he wants to win the super bowl...

killabuf
06-13-2023, 02:16 PM
Love diggs but this is baby ****. Screams me me me. You had all of season to straighten out your diva ass and you wait for day one of minicamp to make waves. BS if ask me bills entering what could their biggest year in franchise history and this guy wants to be babied and held. Come on man be a leader don’t be a *****. Could be be blowing this out of proportion. But this is a BIG year don’t need anymore distractions. Like why now why wait why be that distraction can’t search bills with out diggs name coming up. Good job bud put yourself before the team that’s cool. Again I could be wrong but Pisses me off

Historian
06-13-2023, 02:28 PM
He showed up for precamp testing yesterday, no shows the camp today. This is ridiculous. He signed a massive deal a year ago. He got his targets, yards. Wtf does he want?

Ok, I'm the last person who wants a diva on my football team, but there's one thing I think he has a gripe about.

There were a couple games where he was not even thrown to in the first half.

We were all here asking, Why aren't they throwing to Diggs? Where was he the entire first half?

These were games we were struggling in, as I recall.

Thing is, I don't blame Allen for that....I blame Dorsey.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 02:31 PM
he wants to win the super bowl...

Show up.

Forward_Lateral
06-13-2023, 02:35 PM

Maybe he didn't know there was practice lol. That's really the only thing that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'm the last person who wants a diva on my football team, but there's one thing I think he has a gripe about.

We were all here asking, Why aren't they throwing to Diggs? Where was he the entire first half?

I agree.

There should be AT LEAST 15 plays that target Diggs per game.

Forward_Lateral
06-13-2023, 02:36 PM
If that's the case, not showing up makes no sense.

This isn't a 2 win team. There's no reason to act like this.

Typ0
06-13-2023, 03:04 PM
I think you have to look at this inside the situation. Diggs is in a unique position to be able to tell the coaches to **** off. The way he would do that is not show up the first day but show up the second and so fourth. This is something that is done from the perspective of the whole team because Diggs is in a position to send that message where others would have more at risk.

To me, this is starting to indicate McDermott is way more full of **** than even the negative nancy's could conjure up. It is just a matter of even the players getting sick of the coaching which is not a good sign. Either this is Diggs being unilateral which puts him on an island or it is the players making a statement to the coaching staff. Stay tuned.

sukie
06-13-2023, 03:45 PM
Meh. We will all be screaming DIGGS!!! And high fiving as 14 schools Sauce Gardner

Night Train
06-13-2023, 03:57 PM

In addition, with Kincaid in the slot, it may indicate more runs wiith our 2 new Vet RB's. Quick hitters that help protect Allen ..but less of Diggs ? Me guessing a coversation wiith Dorsey wasn't thrilling. Plus did anyone try talking to him coaching wise up until now. He's been stewing for 6 months, otherwise.

Novacane
06-13-2023, 04:47 PM

So pout like a little baby and don't show up to a mandatory camp? What does not showing prove? How does that help the team get closer to his ultimate goal?

YardRat
06-13-2023, 05:12 PM
Josh Allen...

“I think as an organization, maybe not communicating the right way with everything,” Allen said. “Just trying to talk and listen at the same time and hear him out. And like I said, just try to move this forward as quickly and as respectfully as possible.”

Allen said he thinks the problem has to do with teamwork more than anything after saying that the problem isn’t football related.

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 05:24 PM
If that's the case, not showing up makes no sense.

This isn't a 2 win team. There's no reason to act like this.

Unless he doesn’t think this team can win it all. Not saying I agree with the sentiment, just the only thing that makes sense given what he has said he wants.

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 05:25 PM
So pout like a little baby and don't show up to a mandatory camp? What does not showing prove? How does that help the team get closer to his ultimate goal?

It proves your importance to the team. It’s an interesting tactic to take given his desire to win it all, but that Allen quote says a lot.

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 05:26 PM
Josh Allen...

“I think as an organization, maybe not communicating the right way with everything,” Allen said. “Just trying to talk and listen at the same time and hear him out. And like I said, just try to move this forward as quickly and as respectfully as possible.”

Allen said he thinks the problem has to do with teamwork more than anything after saying that the problem isn’t football related.

Now we’re going to have fun.

Novacane
06-13-2023, 05:37 PM
Was Josh calling out McBeane? Sounds like it to me. If they let this stew for 5 months and never contacted Diggs shame on them. It still doesn't change that he should of been there today IMO.

YardRat
06-13-2023, 05:38 PM
Anybody else a no-show?

Novacane
06-13-2023, 05:57 PM
Watched the entire Josh interview. My takeaway is Diggs is not a fan of Dorsey.

sukie
06-13-2023, 06:13 PM
Watched the entire Josh interview. My takeaway is Diggs is not a fan of Dorsey.

There was a witness that shows the Diggs confronting 17. He was supposedly heard yelling “Don’t listen to him!” While raising his arms. (Meaning Dorsey)

Night Train
06-13-2023, 06:18 PM
As Historian posted earlier, there were games he was ignored for long stretches. Don't default to the created narritive that he wasn't open.

As an OC , I'd make sure he got the ball frequently. Feed him until his hands bleed. He's a mercurial dude but a HOF talent. Not a decoy.

FanBack
06-13-2023, 06:23 PM
Maybe Diggs was upset about the Trump indictment. But, hey, I still went to work today.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 07:00 PM
As Historian posted earlier, there were games he was ignored for long stretches. Don't default to the created narritive that he wasn't open.

As an OC , I'd make sure he got the ball frequently. Feed him until his hands bleed. He's a mercurial dude but a HOF talent. Not a decoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LuzlbR5V_hc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UNTIL YOU USE UP!!!!

OpIv37
06-13-2023, 07:11 PM
Unless he doesn’t think this team can win it all. Not saying I agree with the sentiment, just the only thing that makes sense given what he has said he wants.

Ok but what’s the end game then?

I mean, there are only a handful of teams that are more likely to win the SB than the Bills. KC, Cincy, Philly, maybe Dallas… it’s a short ****ing list, and none of them can afford his cap hit.

And the Bills can’t afford to sign any bell, partially because of his huge cap hit.

If he wants to be on a better team, the Bills can’t get better because of the contract he signed, and they can’t trade him to a better team because of the contract he signed.

I just can’t understand what he is trying to accomplish.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 07:15 PM
Maybe Diggs was upset about the Trump indictment. But, hey, I still went to work today.

I still went to the lake.

Woodman
06-13-2023, 07:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/115fRm9TY6g" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YardRat
06-13-2023, 07:36 PM

If he is open (and I agree he was), then that's not on the OC...he did his job with the play design. It's not on Diggs either, he got open within the concept of the play. It's the guy with the ball that isn't throwing to him. It's on him.

YardRat
06-13-2023, 07:38 PM

I mean, there are only a handful of teams that are more likely to win the SB than the Bills. KC, Cincy, Philly, maybe Dallas… it’s a short ****ing list, and none of them can afford his cap hit.

And the Bills can’t afford to sign any bell, partially because of his huge cap hit.

If he wants to be on a better team, the Bills can’t get better because of the contract he signed, and they can’t trade him to a better team because of the contract he signed.

He gets paid to produce. He wants to produce. He can't if he isn't getting the ball thrown his way.

Mace
06-13-2023, 07:41 PM

Imho....the end game is "what are we doing....are we serious?" ....they sure didn't look it. Diggs is pretty serious about the game. The team frankly wasn't last we saw.

I have no gripes with Diggs...can't blame him for meaning business and wondering if the team does too.

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 07:44 PM

Maybe he wants input into some of those decisions regarding the team?

OpIv37
06-13-2023, 07:50 PM
He gets paid to produce. He wants to produce. He can't if he isn't getting the ball thrown his way.

He was the 5th most targeted WR in the NFL last year. And let’s face it… the rest of the Bills’s WR’s are a huge drop off after Diggs. There is value in using him as a decoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he wants input into some of those decisions regarding the team?

Maybe…. But what WR gets that? QB’s barely even get that.

DraftBoy
06-13-2023, 07:59 PM
He was the 5th most targeted WR in the NFL last year. And let’s face it… the rest of the Bills’s WR’s are a huge drop off after Diggs. There is value in using him as a decoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe…. But what WR gets that? QB’s barely even get that.

And that should matter to him because?

ghz in pittsburgh
06-13-2023, 08:00 PM
Just a speculation: the favoraite WR coach Chad Hall uncermonously left the Bills.

OpIv37
06-13-2023, 08:08 PM
And that should matter to him because?

If he wants to win, sometimes being the decoy is the best path toward winning.

And asking for input that literally no one else has… it’s just not realistic. Ask any WR, TE or RB in the NFL for input into the offensive strategy, and their response will be “gimme the ball.”

sukie
06-13-2023, 08:09 PM
Anything else happen at mini camp?

Woodman
06-13-2023, 09:54 PM
Are we trading Diggs?

Woodman
06-13-2023, 10:02 PM
Diggs wants clarity I'll give him some ..... if he ever asks.

Chet
06-14-2023, 02:46 AM
Imho....the end game is "what are we doing....are we serious?" ....they sure didn't look it. Diggs is pretty serious about the game. The team frankly wasn't last we saw.

I have no gripes with Diggs...can't blame him for meaning business and wondering if the team does too.

Amen

I usually agree with OP on most things but not here. Diggs wants to win. He’s been paid, he’s one of the biggest reasons Allen became a superstar, and he’s sick of the team’s laissez-faire aww shucks platitudes about the process. They plateaued and aren’t trending up. Using him as a decoy does nothing when the rest of your receiving targets lead the league in drops and can’t get separation.

How did the Bills rectify that? They brought in a bunch of scrubs to replace other scrubs, with the one hope being a rookie TE. I guarantee if we landed Hopkins his ass would be back in camp with the quickness

DraftBoy
06-14-2023, 04:35 AM
If he wants to win, sometimes being the decoy is the best path toward winning.

And asking for input that literally no one else has… it’s just not realistic. Ask any WR, TE or RB in the NFL for input into the offensive strategy, and their response will be “gimme the ball.”

That makes no sense. Just because nobody else has it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ask for it or want it. Why would you ever want to limit yourself in such a manner?

sukie
06-14-2023, 04:56 AM
Are we trading Diggs?
Can’t

swiper
06-14-2023, 06:13 AM

He's gotten more looks & balls than any other receiver in the NFL over the past 3 years. He has ZERO excuse about whining for the ball more.

swiper
06-14-2023, 06:15 AM
Diggs wants clarity I'll give him some ..... if he ever asks.

Josh Allen already did....

Quarterback Josh Allen later told reporters, “Internally, we’re working on some things. Not football-related. Stef, he’s my guy. I ****ing love him. He’s a brother of mine. This does not work, what we’re doing here, without him.”

Stefon Diggs breaks silence on Instagram (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/13/stefon-diggs-breaks-silence-on-instagram/)

Diggs posted two different messages on his Instagram story. The first said this: “I just be letting people cap. If them lies help you sleep better tell em big dawg.” The second said this: “My phone been silent for like 6 years. Ion play all them sounds and ****.”

It’s unclear why he thinks people are lying about him, or who he’s referring to. The team said he was there and he left. Coach Sean McDermott said he’s “very concerned” about Diggs’s absence.

DraftBoy
06-14-2023, 06:28 AM
Josh Allen already did....

Stefon Diggs breaks silence on Instagram (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/13/stefon-diggs-breaks-silence-on-instagram/)

I'm calling a bit of BS on McDermott's whole playing dumb angle here. Reports from Schefter and Rapoport both said Diggs met with Beane and McDermott before he left. The whole 'he's not here' and 'very concerned' lines come across poorly. McDermott knows what the issue(s) is/are. We don't need our coach to try and send messages through the media.

Buffalogic
06-14-2023, 06:37 AM
Stop being a ***** diggs. Crying and pouting at 29 years old jfc. Imagine doing this at a real job. You're a wr with an immovable contract. Nut up and stfu.

jamze132
06-14-2023, 06:59 AM
Diggs isn’t happy with the offense game plan right now. Adding Kinkaid is no doubt going to take away targets from Diggs but could end up being a much more efficient and explosive offense that doesn’t lose a lot of games. Does Diggs want 120 receptions or a ring?

Diggs was also voted a Captain last season and I’m sorry, he failed to live up to that by complaining and whining during the playoffs, refusing to speak to the media after the loss, and having an entire offseason of pouting. He better not be voted again this season but something tells me they’ll have to for his ego.

jamze132
06-14-2023, 07:18 AM
And another thing…

Josh is supporting Diggs by saying he has his back, no matter what. I’m 99% confident this is all Dorsey related. Josh will get Diggs his targets but hopefully it won’t compromise the offense.

Historian
06-14-2023, 07:39 AM
For us old timers, Woodsie, Train, Mace, Swiper, ForLat.....we've all seen this time and time again. It's history repeating itself.

The Bills get real good, and then implode from within.

Simpson asks to be traded to the west coast after the Bills fail to resign Ahmad Rashad.

Cribbs jumps to the USFL because the Bills won't negotiate in good faith.

Knox walks after rebuilding the team.

Polian gets fired after building a SB team.

Wade gets fired for not firing an assistant.

Mularkey walks after he rebuilds the team.

Marrone walks after he rebuilds the team.

It's the reason we will never have a title here.

Interesting sidenote.....I was watching NFLN last week, and they played Jimmy Johnson, A Football Life. There is a segment in it where he's fishing with Belechek on the Gulf, and he says to him:

"As a HC, you have to stroke everybody, from your star quarterback, to the last practice squad player. It's the only way to get the best out of each individual player."

Let's be honest, that is not McDermott's style.

Woodman
06-14-2023, 08:55 AM
and it's starting to piss me off :D

:cheers: Historian!

Forward_Lateral
06-14-2023, 08:58 AM
The more I read about this, the more it screams that Diggs' issue is with JA.

Woodman
06-14-2023, 08:59 AM
and JA has his back at least according to JA.

We've been reduced to initials.

Typ0
06-14-2023, 09:04 AM
There really is a fine line between Diggs being too slanted on the 'ME' side and/or putting his foot down saying "throwing up stinkers is not good enough". Maybe it is not his role but maybe it is too he is the captain and this team has a tendency to throw up stinkers.

All the talk about this the last couple days including Josh Allens comment's have me leaning more towards this is Diggs getting in Allen's face about his inability to show up evenly focused every week and how that plays out on the field. Everyone over there seems to have their heads so far up Allen's ass the end result being both Allen's gifts AND his demons are dictating things at OBD. I know we all watched Allen, at times, make mistake after mistake and just be allowed to continue while our rookie RB was on the bench because he fumbled his first carry and "coach didn't trust him with the football".

Then preaching growth and humility all the time but not practicing it. **** that ****. We don't need any more of that **** McDermott is going to need to take a long hard look at issues that he creates if he's ever going to get over the hump himself. Last year was a very tough season when you are built on bull**** and baloney the house of cards is destined to fall apart.

And Dorsey was a bad hire it was the wrong season for the whole learning on the job thing and a price was paid and they are going to turn around and commit to paying the same price again.

Guess I would just agree with Diggs there are some heads that need straightening out over there which is no small task. I don't just give up on people though McDermott is an impressive coach with a lot of positives going for him but he needs to settle deeper into what he is talking about in his practice and we might be ok -- I'll just say it again McDermott needs to prepare the team then get the hell out of their way so they can go about being successful. If he doesn't learn to stop constantly spraying the bias vomit of what he thinks all over everything all the time we might be able to get there. If it is him trying to get there that is what we are going to get...him trying to get there and Allen trying to get there and Diggs trying to get there etc. but NO BUFFALO BILLS TRYING TO GET THERE.

For us old timers, Woodsie, Train, Mace, Swiper, ForLat.....we've all seen this time and time again. It's history repeating itself.

Simpson asks to be traded to the west coast after the Bills fail to resign Ahmad Rashad.

Interesting sidenote.....I was watching NFLN last week, and they played Jimmy Johnson, A Football Life. There is a segment in it where he's fishing with Belechek on the Gulf, and he says to him:

"As a HC, you have to stroke everybody, from your star quarterback, to the last practice squad player. It's the only way to get the best out of each individual player."

Woodman
06-14-2023, 09:09 AM
Can’t

So while the Bills would eat $31 million next year by trading Diggs, it’s a net difference of only $4.151 million over what the Bills already will carry next year under the cap for Diggs.
Thus, it can be done. And, until we know exactly what Diggs wants, it’s a possibility that can’t be entirely dismissed.

A Stefon Diggs trade would be difficult, but far from impossible - ProFootballTalk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/14/a-stefon-diggs-trade-would-be-difficult-but-far-from-impossible/)

sukie
06-14-2023, 09:18 AM
Can’t meant it would be Arizona Cardinal absurd.

Woodman
06-14-2023, 09:29 AM
Can’t meant it would be Arizona Cardinal absurd.

Absolutely!

I did understand where you were coming from.

The Bills clear it all up today is my guess.

Night Train
06-14-2023, 09:47 AM

It's Beane's style. He talks to everyone, as any wise GM does. It's changed dramatically in the NFL over the years, due to the almighty dollar and the unbalanced Cap. All coaches have players that are headaches.

The past is basically Ralph and his various mood swings based on his business holding outside of football, which always affected his Bills decisions. Rehashing that dead past doesn't apply at all today. It's personal frustration from following the team for years without the big payoff. Yet I don't give a crap about the Ralph years anymore..I lived it from the 1960's on and it doesn't apply to todays financial NFL.

Pegula has his accountant keep an eye on the $$ (which is healthy) but the entire day to day is all Beane. It is interesting he (Beane) just put his OP house up for sale. Yet I can only watch and observe the future. I get being in the dark without info but such is life.

I'm all for getting Diggs the ball even more. But he doesn't get a free pass for every outburst. He's playing a hand of poker with Dorsey and the playcalling in public. His contract has him pretty much locked in here. It's like other sports, where stars get coaches fired and try to be the de facto GM. I take it at face value and let it play out.

HAMMER
06-14-2023, 09:53 AM

This post is moronic from top to bottom. We'll never have a title because coaches and administrators from the distant past didn't cater to players? What the hell does that have to do with the current team? Then it goes on to reference a conversation between 2 coaches , one of which caters to no one but is one of the best ever and has 6 rings? Pfffft, just horrible takes.

Woodman
06-14-2023, 10:05 AM
It's a pattern ..... the post is more than valid.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-14-2023, 10:38 AM
Everyone speculating. Like...EVERYONE. Until Diggs climbs out of his hole, it's all just speculating and random thought exercises.

Forward_Lateral
06-14-2023, 10:48 AM
This post is moronic from top to bottom. We'll never have a title because coaches and administrators from the distant past didn't cater to players? What the hell does that have to do with the current team? Then it goes on to reference a conversation between 2 coaches , one of which caters to no one but is one of the best ever and has 6 rings? Pfffft, just horrible takes.
lol He's pointing out franchise patterns. There's nothing moronic about it, other than your response

Novacane
06-14-2023, 11:25 AM
So, is he there today?

HAMMER
06-14-2023, 11:46 AM
lol He's pointing out franchise patterns. There's nothing moronic about it, other than your response
Please tell me how is it applicable if there is no one left in the franchise making the decisions he references? I'll wait....

DraftBoy
06-14-2023, 11:48 AM
So, is he there today?

Yes.

Forward_Lateral
06-14-2023, 12:01 PM
Please tell me how is it applicable if there is no one left in the franchise making the decisions he references? I'll wait....

He's making the point that this franchise has a history of doing stupid things.

He's not trying to make any point other than that.

Don't be obtuse

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.
Confirmed?

Forward_Lateral
06-14-2023, 12:21 PM
Yep, he's there. Bills instagram just posted.

This was a whole bunch of hoopla over nothing lol

notacon
06-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Besides their Diggs drama, which will most likely be worked out with the help of the team's unquestioned leader, Josh Allen....with the theories here that his (Diggs) discontent has to do with Dorsey making a ton of sense....better to let they boys work it out....I suspect the team will be stronger because of this dust up....Diggs is on the field for day 2.... (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-wide-receiver-stefon-diggs-on-field-for-day-2-of-minicamp/article_09949d4e-0acc-11ee-81cc-ef86bf13c7b4.html)

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1669024440301101056&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D263371&sessionId=d6f4c1c1a2ac44e08cdda6c5d4f26614bc0ab408&theme=light&widgetsVersion=aaf4084522e3a%3A1674595607486&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1669024440301101056" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 801px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyway....the best news reported in the Buffalo News (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/minicamp-observations-khalil-shakir-making-push-at-wr-with-good-spring/article_0c5db51e-0a32-11ee-84bb-7fcbe2eec50c.html) was that John Murphy, the voice of the Buffalo Bills, was reportedly on the sideline watching practice as he recovers from the stroke he suffered early this year.

Here’s hoping for a quick and complete recovery for Mr. Murphy. <iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;"></iframe>

OpIv37
06-14-2023, 01:46 PM
That makes no sense. Just because nobody else has it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ask for it or want it. Why would you ever want to limit yourself in such a manner?
Well, think of it this way: He’s trying to prove he’s worthy of doing something that no one else in the history of football has been permitted to do,

Going home and pouting is a really weird way of showing he’s worthy of a leadership opportunity.

swiper
06-14-2023, 01:54 PM
It's Beane's style.

And I think McDermott does too. They've been around long enough to know how to handle players at this level.

Woodman
06-14-2023, 02:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2H5uWRjFsGc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Historian
06-14-2023, 03:18 PM

You don't have to be mean about it Hammer, I'm just expressing an opinion.

And it's applicable because there is one element that is still there.

The fans.

We've been there through every 2-14 season, every 6-10 season, and every minute of the drought.

We get 70K for a home game, in a snowstorm with a 5-11 record.

Their money (be it Ralph or the Pegulas) is in the bank.

We're going to buy the product, good or bad, because what's the option?

Typ0
06-14-2023, 04:14 PM
Seeing things perpetuate through generations is not uncommon. Look into why and you will see more validity in Historians argument.

Mace
06-14-2023, 05:55 PM

Imho....McD started the ball rolling after 13 seconds when Tyler Dunne reported the players were left lost because the staff did not address it or take accountability at the end meeting. He's a motivational coach not an adept scheme guy and that gets stale with pros deep in career hunting championships. McD is not evolving or growing....and we're 6 damn years in

Imho...Diggs has a higher standard of effort and expectation than well...ok...maybe next year.

We saw them not particularly trying...the serious players experienced it. Where was the motivtational bump....there was none that's on McD.

DraftBoy
06-14-2023, 06:02 PM
Well, think of it this way: He’s trying to prove he’s worthy of doing something that no one else in the history of football has been permitted to do,

Going home and pouting is a really weird way of showing he’s worthy of a leadership opportunity.

You’re confusing leadership with power.

swiper
06-14-2023, 06:19 PM
Bills cut minicamp short after two days (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/14/bills-cut-minicamp-short-after-two-days/)

The Bills’ drama-filled minicamp has come to an early close.

Buffalo ended its minicamp after two days today, rather than continuing it as planned to include tomorrow’s scheduled third day. And with that, the Bills are off for more than a month, when training camp opens.

The Bills’ minicamp will be remembered for the bizarre drama that unfolded with wide receiver Stefon Diggs. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said before Tuesday’s minicamp practice that he was “very concerned” with Diggs, who wasn’t there. But on Wednesday, McDermott changed his tune, saying that Diggs’ absence from Tuesday’s practice had been excused, and they were in a great spot.

It’s still not clear what was going on with Diggs yesterday, or how it got resolved today, but no one on the Bills will be obligated to answer reporters’ questions until the Bills open training camp. And the biggest question will be whether Diggs is on the field for the first day of practice.

Forward_Lateral
06-14-2023, 07:22 PM
Wtf is going on at OBD

Mace
06-15-2023, 07:02 PM
Wtf is going on at OBD

We'll find out this season.