Sean McDermott: Stefon Diggs has done everything asked of him, we’re in a great spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Sean McDermott: Stefon Diggs has done everything asked of him, we’re in a great spot

Sean McDermott- Stefon Diggs has done everything asked of him, we're in a great spot - ProFootballTalk

In a striking change in tone from his comments yesterday, Bills head coach Sean McDermott said today that wide receiver Stefon Diggs is participating in mandatory minicamp, that yesterday’s absence was excused, and the team and player are on the same page.

“There are a lot of things out there that aren’t accurate,” McDermott said. “Let me be clear: Stef did everything that he was asked to do. He was here Monday, he executed his physical on time. Stef reported yesterday, Tuesday, and reported for meetings, at which time we had a great conversation, great communication. We got to a point yesterday where we just felt like we all needed a break and some space. So I gave Stef permission to get some space and head out, and then picked up those conversations after practice. So let me make it clear, it was not Stef leaving unexcused. He was excused by me. And so those conversations got us to what I think and believe is a great spot.”

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Sean McDermott: Stefon Diggs has done everything asked of him, we’re in a great s

Oye

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Re: Sean McDermott: Stefon Diggs has done everything asked of him, we’re in a great s

Spot on !
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

Sounds like whatever it is, they’re working through it.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

McDermott's BS doing a lot of damage control ...

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Just a hunch but Dorsey is on the hot seat. I truly think a lot of this drama is related to his game planning/calling.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Diggs wants center of field. Dorsey hates throwing between the hash marks. Pretty sue Gabe is tired of trying to stick the toes as well.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Shocking how fast he goes from acting like he has no idea what’s going on to acting like everything is all good.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

This entire thing was handled with the finesse of an elephant in a phone booth

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post

“There are a lot of things out there that aren’t accurate,” McDermott said

What he said is on tape. Now it was reported inaccurately? Whatever Sean.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      What he said is on tape. Now it was reported inaccurately? Whatever Sean.
                      Translation: I just inserted my foot fully into my mouth, but I can’t admit to that so it’s all fake news now.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Diggs showed up so now we gotta coachspeak it that there's no problems...even though there obviously are.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team moves on from him prior to next season as this behavior from him is a pattern. He forced his way out of Minnesota and now he appears to be doing the same here.

Comment

• daryls61
                          • Jan 2013

HCSM screwed this one up. My guess he was pissed at Diggs for leaving and let his emotions get the best of him. If he was actually excused, HCSM should have said that yesterday. He rarely misspeaks and is very measured but this was a blunder and he is trying to walk it back.
                          The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                            Just a hunch but Dorsey is on the hot seat. I truly think a lot of this drama is related to his game planning/calling.
                            This makes all kinds of sense.

Maybe we’ll find out for sure one day....probably not. There is no doubt that the offensive strategy changed from Daboll to Dorsey. All indications are that Dorsey was more concerned with the long ball, ignoring the methodical ‘take what they give you’ philosophy that would have served the Bills better this past season.

....until then....

Does drama in June really matter in the big picture??? No. Certainly not yet.

I have been blessed with two daughters. There was certainly a LOT of drama in our house over the years. Shouting and stomping of feet...pouting and bitter words exchanged between the two (and with mom & dad) were not necessarily common place, but to be expected from time to time.

Diggs is a diva in many ways. I don’t blame him. He is one of the two biggest stars, not only on the Bills but in the whole NFL. His competitive nature is (in part) what makes him so great.

A little fire and emotion within a team, just like within a family, is sometimes a healthy thing. Get the festering issues out in the open...yell at each other a bit. Stomp your feet.

I tend to agree with you that Dorsey is the one on the hot seat. As I have pointed out many times, the offensive issues were at the root of every single loss last season. The Bills can and have to do do better.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Tim Graham allegedly has an inside source that told him Dorsey is not the issue. Plus Diggs' 'cap' and 'big dawg' comment is obviously a reference to somebody else considering Dorsey hasn't spoken publicly about anything.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X