• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Poona Poona Poona

“I see him being an active, extremely active part of the rotation, a three-down player, a person that we can count on in multiple situations,” Bills defensive line coach Eric Washington said. “Very excited about having him here. The thing that he has really done is picked up the defense. He’s very bright, very, very smart, very aware, can play multiple positions, which is what you like. You love the versatility for game day. So, I’m really excited about him. I’m really excited about what he could do.”’

~ BuffaloNews

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Poona Poona Poona

This may be the most talent McBeane has had on the defensive line. If they can't stop the run and get to the QB with this crew they might as well hang it up.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      This may be the most talent McBeane has had on the defensive line. If they can't stop the run and get to the QB with this crew they might as well hang it up.
      We've been excited about other FA DTs that Beane has signed and ultimately been underwhelmed by all of them. Can Poona Ford be different? I hope so. Why did Seattle let him get away? I'll believe it when I see it. His presence is also supposed to make Ed Oliver more productive. We'll all be watching, hoping for the best.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I'm guessing Oliver and Ford are spelling each other at the same 1 gap position. Jones and Phillips would be rotating next to them, if Phillips can stay healthy.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by swiper View Post
          We've been excited about other FA DTs that Beane has signed and ultimately been underwhelmed by all of them. Can Poona Ford be different? I hope so. Why did Seattle let him get away? I'll believe it when I see it. His presence is also supposed to make Ed Oliver more productive. We'll all be watching, hoping for the best.
          When do we start questioning the coaching?

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            That already started and is why Frasier got the boot.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              He stepped away, taking stock for a year… maybe taking up needle point. ~Joe B.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                Except there is no evidence that "Frasier got the boot”.

Comment

• swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  With DTs the position is fairly straightforward. It's not so much coaching as it is effort from the fat men.

Comment

• swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Firing DC Leslie Frazier is Bills’ 1st Step to Recovering From Embarrassing Bengals Loss
                    Last edited by swiper; 06-18-2023, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      I'm guessing Oliver and Ford are spelling each other at the same 1 gap position. Jones and Phillips would be rotating next to them, if Phillips can stay healthy.
                      That Jones/Phillips rotation could use some upgrades. Jones has been solid, but Phillips was pretty bad last year.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                        With DTs the position is fairly straightforward. It's not so much coaching as it is effort from the fat men.
                        It’s pretty reliant on coaching and scheme. A try hard DT who doesn’t understand his gap assignments doesn’t really help us.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Except there is zero evidence that Frazier was fired....and the article that you linked to does not say that in the least, or mention the Bengals loss either. Why such a dishonest representation of an article that you posted???

The title of the article is “Former Bills DC Leslie Frazier Visits Giants”. Which has nothing to do with what you dishonestly suggest in narrating a false headline.

In fact, the copy of the article refutes what you are suggesting....

Earlier this year, the Bills announced that Frazier, who had been with them since 2017, first as their defensive coordinator and then later as their assistant head coach and defensive coordinator from 2020-2022, would be taking a year off from coaching with plans to return in 2024. It's unknown, though, if Frazier plans to return to Buffalo or pursue other opportunities.

….snip…

It's unclear if Frazier, who worked with current Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale in Baltimore in 2016 when Martindale was the Ravens linebackers coach and Frazier the defensive backs coach, is looking for a consulting role or if he's simply laying the groundwork for the future.
                          Of course you also ignore the fact that the lack of offense is what was “embarrassing” vs Cincy. As I have pointed out many times that a team that scores 10 points or less in any game is also assured a loss.

A team that scores 10 or points in a playoff game DO lose and have lost every single time since 1997.

Since 2000 (including 2022 so far) there have been 45 teams that have scored 10 or less points (excluding Super Bowls). Their record??...

0-45.

The last time a team scored 10 or less points in a playoff game and won??

1997. PITT 7 – NE 6.

The Super Bowl is even MORE stark….in ALL 56 Super Bowls, one ream has scored 10 or less points SIXTEEN times. Their record????...If you are paying attention you guessed it…..

0-16.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            Except there is no evidence that "Frasier got the boot”.
                            Beane stated flat out Frazier has his job waiting....never seen anyone fired like that.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              That Jones/Phillips rotation could use some upgrades. Jones has been solid, but Phillips was pretty bad last year.
                              Don't forget the torn rotator cuff in early December though.

Comment

Working...
                              X