PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here!

BAM
09-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been posting on BB.com for a little while now, just thought I'd join another Bills forum, why not? I can never hear enough about the Bills! I check this and several other Bills sites daily. This seems like a pretty cool one, I especially like the wallpapers you guys designed... very nice.

So anyways, just one question. Who do I look out for here? I'm sure there are trolls on this board as well (lots on bb.com).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Welcome. No trolls here. :D

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the props on the site. Welcome to the Zone. You'll like it here, and you'll find it very, very addicting.

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
:welcome:

LtBillsFan66
09-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Welcome. No trolls here. :D

Right. You are kind of ugly, but I wouldn't call you a troll.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Right. You are kind of ugly, but I wouldn't call you a troll.

:rofl:

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the zone Brad :up:

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
I especially like the wallpapers you guys designed... very nice.

After week one, I will have some new material and can work up a few more.

BAM
09-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome! You mean I don't have to read moronic posts by people with names like Norwoodsleftfoot and MrRight etc.. etc.. here? That sounds too good to be true. :)

Awesome Pride I'll be looking for those. :afro:

ArcticWildMan
09-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Welcome Brad. We pride ourselves on being troll free (well...except for Eb, he resembles a troll ;) )

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Yup that's Eb alright:

http://www.mythes-et-legendes.net/mythes/troll/troll.jpg

kgun12
09-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Welcome Brad!

Billsbabee
:welcome: Brad. Glad to have another Bills fan on the site. :up:

Valerie
:welcome: Brad!

Are you friends with Pride? You're both from the same town.

Pride
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Yup that's Eb alright:

http://www.mythes-et-legendes.net/mythes/troll/troll.jpg

:lol:

Where is Chump?

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
:welcome: Brad!

Are you friends with Pride? You're both from the same town.

Whoa!!! NO SH**

I didnt even catch that!

Where you live bro?

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Where is Chump?

Demon
09-04-2003, 01:41 PM

Whoa!!! NO SH**

I didnt even catch that!

Where you live bro?

It's a small world afterall....... :)

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
I never even look, because I figured I was the only bills fan in south central PA. glad to see I am not alone.

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Demon
It's a small world afterall....... :)

scary part is, he is in IT too

BAM
09-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Ha ha. It is a small world indeed. Yah I am from the great C-burg. Graduated in '98 from CASHS. You?

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:53 PM

Where is Chump?

I think I found him:

http://photoscenes-jo.home.att.net/trolls/031.jpg

Valerie
09-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Pride Whoa!!! NO SH**

I didnt even catch that!

Where you live bro?
I'm very observant. :bravo:

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 01:56 PM

scary part is, he is in IT too

Uh, Pride. I don't post much, but I have been around for a while. Take a peek at my locale. BTW, I'm an application packager / Level III tech (IT guy).

We almost have enough for a club. If only there was someplace cool in S. Central PA to meet. . . :beers:

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 01:58 PM
For that matter, I'm in Baltimore at the moment, so I'm not far from Jaded and a bunch of others.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Throne! Wow! I never noticed that either! Sweet!

Where exactly are you from? (South Central PA is kinda vague). I graduated from Ship HS in 97, went to Ship U for a while, now working in Chambersburg. Most of my friends (if not all of them) are in Harrisburg. We meet in Carlisle alot at a restaruant/bar called Scalles. Nice place.

We should all meet up some time!

BAM
09-04-2003, 02:03 PM
HAH. So where do you South Central PA'ers watch the games? There used to be a place in Chambersburg that I went to for the last 5 or so years to watch EVERY game (OTW), but this year they decided not to renew their contract with DirecTV. Sucks for us. Any help would be appreciated. Only 3 days till gametime!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm as far South as it gets. Littlestown, PA. About 45 minutes south of you.

I'm a transplant. Originally from Connecticut.

Yeah, you had mentioned something about the meeting place before. That's when I originally looked up the directions.

I currently work in Baltimore, so free time is usually in the form of commuting. But, if there's an event going on, let me know. Not too many Bills fans in the triangle (Pittsburgh, Philly, and Baltimore).

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, I mentioned this in our PM's Brad, but I will say it publically here to everyone from SC PA can hear.

Wanda's is a proven hotspot in Mechanicsburg. Have about 30 TVs, only problem is, the Steelers Backers group owns the LARGE TV (6 foot projection), so we are stuck with smaller 21 inchers. Not bad, cause you can crank up the volume if you are close enough.

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Sports bar. Ha! I remember what one of those was like.

I have Direct TV. Used to meet with guys up in Windsor Locks, CT (Bradley International Airport), but it's a bit of a drive from Littlestown. . .

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Throne! Wow! I never noticed that either! Sweet!

Where exactly are you from? (South Central PA is kinda vague). I graduated from Ship HS in 97, went to Ship U for a while, now working in Chambersburg. Most of my friends (if not all of them) are in Harrisburg. We meet in Carlisle alot at a restaruant/bar called Scalles. Nice place.

We should all meet up some time!

HAH. So where do you South Central PA'ers watch the games? There used to be a place in Chambersburg that I went to for the last 5 or so years to watch EVERY game (OTW), but this year they decided not to renew their contract with DirecTV. Sucks for us. Any help would be appreciated. Only 3 days till gametime!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Originally posted by Throne Logic
I'm as far South as it gets. Littlestown, PA. About 45 minutes south of you.

I'm a transplant. Originally from Connecticut.

Yeah, you had mentioned something about the meeting place before. That's when I originally looked up the directions.

I currently work in Baltimore, so free time is usually in the form of commuting. But, if there's an event going on, let me know. Not too many Bills fans in the triangle (Pittsburgh, Philly, and Baltimore).

hicks. :snicker:

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Littlestown isnt too far... about 45 min from chamb. Gettysburg would be a convenient meeting spot if we could find a place that had cheap drinks/food and had NFL ticket.

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I simulate the bar with my own 5 foot screen. Make some wings, drink some beer. Not quite the same. . . but it works.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
hicks. :snicker:

http://www.stanford.edu/~bckerr/about/Hick.jpg
That's Me!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Hell, if you're willing to go to Gettysburg, I'm only 10 minutes down 97. heh.

Yeah, we'll pick something during the season. Busy time for me (wedding to be Best Man at, planning wedding to be groom in, work to do, etc.) but we'll try something.

Pride
Yeah, I simulate the bar with my own 5 foot screen. Make some wings, drink some beer. Not quite the same. . . but it works.

You got NFL ticket?

Earthquake Enyart
You related to Van Miller? How about Terry Miller?

Is the Fulton House still in Chambersburg? My great grandfather used to own it. :eek:

Valerie
09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Pride Littlestown isnt too far... about 45 min from chamb. Gettysburg would be a convenient meeting spot if we could find a place that had cheap drinks/food and had NFL ticket.
Gettysburg is good for me. :) Just take 270 north to 15 and I'm there. Probably an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours away. :)

NoCtUrNaL
09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Wanda's is a proven hotspot in Mechanicsburg.

Mechanicsburg? Is that anywhere near Plumbersville?

Buckets
09-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Nice gyus!!!!

Isn't anyone going to warn him about WYS?

:huh:

lordofgun
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

Like I said...hicks.

Throne Logic

Look like my neighbors. . .

LOG, I am a lost man among hicks. I have to focus on my fourth grade vocabulary when conversing and try to avoid the sudden urges to mate with farm animals.

Although, our yard has corn on two borders. That's nice for privacy.

It's the 50 mile/hour zones with 50 cars lined up behind a tractor that gets to me.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Buckets
Nice gyus!!!!

Isn't anyone going to warn him about WYS?

:huh:

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! dont scare him off yet!

The Spaz
09-04-2003, 02:15 PM
How far are is Chambersburg from Malvern Pride?:)

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:16 PM

You got NFL ticket?

OH YES. Life would be lost in the Fall without it. Can only handle so many Ravens games.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Is the Fulton House still in Chambersburg? My great grandfather used to own it. :eek:

Never heard of it.

Gettysburg is good for me. :) Just take 270 north to 15 and I'm there. Probably an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours away. :)

Sweet, see you there next weekend baby! :smooch:

Yeah, it is just north of kissmyassville :jk:

It's the 50 mile/hour zones with 50 cars lined up behind a tractor that gets to me.

Or the damn amish! haha

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it is just north of kissmyassville

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
OH YES. Life would be lost in the Fall without it. Can only handle so many Ravens games.

Ok, will see you next weekend. What time is the BBQ starting up?

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:19 PM

We'd have met at the preseason game if I didn't have to ditch the group for priorities. Ended up picking a wedding site that weekend. Bad timing. Even my fiancee was bummed with the timing.

NoCtUrNaL
09-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Or the damn amish! haha

Q. How do you keep an Amish woman happy?

A. Two Mennonite

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Q. How do you keep an Amish woman happy?

A. Two Mennonite

Havent heard that one!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:20 PM

Hey, this is a state that has town names like "Intercourse". You just can't make that stuff up.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey, this is a state that has town names like "Intercourse". You just can't make that stuff up.

haha, how true.

WG
09-04-2003, 02:22 PM
:couch:

NoCtUrNaL
09-04-2003, 02:22 PM

It was changed to "Intercourse" from "I'd hit it".

WG
09-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Welcome to BZ BAM!!!

Gettysburg would be good! I could make it as well. IDK how slowly Jaded drives, but I can make G-burg in ~ 1:15 from D.C.

Frederick would also be good and I know I can find a decent sportsbar w/ ST there. I'll even make a special trip to go look.

BAM
Anybody with Sunday Ticket want to rent out a spot in their living room for 2 Bills fans? :) Willing to drive up to an hour away each Sunday!

No relation to those Millers, there are soooo many with this last name here. Never heard of the Fulton House either!

Throne Logic

Ok, will see you next weekend. What time is the BBQ starting up?

:cowboy:

Can't do it this weekend. My fiancee's working both nights, so Sunday's game will be a private viewing session.

We'll figure something out.

Wys, Jaded, and a couple of others are only about an hour or so away from me. Potential for more gatherings in there somewhere.

WG
09-04-2003, 02:27 PM
You are ~ 2 hours from where I am. I have access to a 65" screen w/ ST. If you feel like making the trip, I'll let ya know what days are available. A nice 27" is always available.

Upside of that is we can make our own food much better and for cheaper. Better wings, that's for sure!

The Spaz
09-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey Pride how far is Cahmbersburg, PA from Malvern, PA that's where I am now?:)

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
How far are is Chambersburg from Malvern Pride?:)

ugh... about 2 hours I think. Malvern is close to Pittsburgh right?

It was changed to "Intercourse" from "I'd hit it".

:lol!:

Wys and Jaded... Frederick would work! Only about 35-45 min for Brad and I. I would do that if it meant seeing you guys and hanging with bills fans.

Let me know!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Hell, if everyone is interested, I'll host a game for anyone willing to show up in Littlestown.

Give me a bit to find a good game / date and clear it (verify she'll be off from work that day).

Jaded, Wys: I take it you'd be willing to drive up for a day? 10 minutes closer than Gettysburg.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Why she gotta be off work? Make the woman cook the food and bring us beer! Ok, dont tell her that, she might kick my ass!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Why she gotta be off work? Make the woman cook the food and bring us beer! Ok, dont tell her that, she might kick my ass!

Um, you can tell her if you'd like. . . :box:

I'll just be too the side . . . :popcorn:

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:39 PM
LOL, no thanks... I would like to keep my teeth, and my ability to have children

Valerie
09-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by PrideWys and Jaded... Frederick would work! Only about 35-45 min for Brad and I. I would do that if it meant seeing you guys and hanging with bills fans.

Let me know!
Frederick totally works for me!!!! BTW, I don't drive slow at all. I've got a lead foot. lol I guess I just can't recall how far away Gettysburg is from me. lol

Originally posted by Throne Logic Hell, if everyone is interested, I'll host a game for anyone willing to show up in Littlestown.

Give me a bit to find a good game / date and clear it (verify she'll be off from work that day).

Jaded, Wys: I take it you'd be willing to drive up for a day? 10 minutes closer than Gettysburg.
I would definitely drive up for a day. I think it would be a lot of fun. :) Let me know too. We should also try to meet up in Frederick too. :)

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 02:41 PM
LOL, no thanks... I would like...my ability to have children

You'd have to find a woman first. I'm not holding my breath. :D

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Sweet! Works for me... lets set it up!

Then maybe we can swing back to my place... I will throw in a little jazz, light some candles....

Oh shi*, this isnt a PM...

:doh:

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:43 PM

Hah! I am a :luvmach:

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:43 PM

:LOL: cruel

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:44 PM
I suck with smileys. :banme:

Pride
:blamelog:

Pride
I suck with smileys. :banme:

Just remember, always lowercase! haha

Throne Logic

Frederick totally works for me!!!! BTW, I don't drive slow at all. I've got a lead foot. lol I guess I just can't recall how far away Gettysburg is from me. lol

I would definitely drive up for a day. I think it would be a lot of fun. :) Let me know too. We should also try to meet up in Frederick too. :)

Will do.

I'd eventually like to organize a road trip to the Ralph, too. But one thing at a time.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:46 PM
How about going up for the Skins game? I currently have a full car.. but maybe Brad and you, and whoever else can all go.

I have a cabin we can crash in for the weekend....

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:47 PM

Just remember, always lowercase! haha

AH! that's definitely my problem. :horn:

Going home now. Out of contact for a couple hours. . .

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:48 PM
ok, cya!

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:48 PM
How about going up for the Skins game? I currently have a full car.. but maybe Brad and you, and whoever else can all go.

I have a cabin we can crash in for the weekend....

I'll have to check the schedule.

What's the ticket situation for this one?

Valerie
09-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Pride Sweet! Works for me... lets set it up!

Then maybe we can swing back to my place... I will throw in a little jazz, light some candles....

Oh shi*, this isnt a PM...

:doh:
:music: :candle: :wine: :dance: :makeout: Sounds like a plan.

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 02:50 PM
:redcar: commute time :madfire:

WG
09-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Hell, if everyone is interested, I'll host a game for anyone willing to show up in Littlestown.

L-town looks a little outta the way TL. Not off of major roads. Frederick may be better. I can bring wing sauce to whereever it is.

As well, the place w/ the 65" set is a HUGE room w/ plenty of viewing space. So if anyone wants to make the drive, let me know. I'll be there for much of the season.

I'll scout out a spot in Frederick sometime soon.

Also, I'll be drivin' thru S. PA for the Philly game if anhyone needs a ride or wants to have lunch. Maybe the Skins game too. I'll be solo for at least the Eagles game.

BAM
09-04-2003, 02:55 PM
haha. funny stuff. I am definately down for any of this (maybe not the candles and everything). I am just happy as hell to find out there are more than 2 Bills fans in south central PA!!!! Keep in touch, my AIM is bradsapartment and oobrzaoo (those are O's as in Buffal-O) if anyone wants to get at me faster!

Let's go Buffalo!!!

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Wys... Frederick is definately good for me. Is next sunday too soon? LOL

yle
09-04-2003, 03:01 PM
:music: :candle: :wine: :dance: :makeout: Sounds like a plan.

Notice no :hump:. You'll be so pent up you'll :xplode:

Pride
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by yledust
Notice no :hump:. You'll be so pent up you'll :xplode:

Good point! And no :spanku: either :sadwalk:

The_Philster
09-04-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm very observant. :bravo:

Observant is the first trait of a stalker :D

MDFINFAN
09-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been posting on BB.com for a little while now, just thought I'd join another Bills forum, why not? I can never hear enough about the Bills! I check this and several other Bills sites daily. This seems like a pretty cool one, I especially like the wallpapers you guys designed... very nice.

So anyways, just one question. Who do I look out for here? I'm sure there are trolls on this board as well (lots on bb.com).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard, remember to be curious to the phinfans, we like it here too.

:blamelog: