X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Bills
    • Mar 2003

Here's a question

I usually lurk at most message boards. Why do I lurk, well it's because I don't think I'm too bright when it comes to talking about my team. I have even been slammed on other boards because of it. They have questioned my loyalty to the team. With slogans like "have a take but don't suck" leaves me lurking more and more, as opposed to posting.

My question is, and I am posting this here because you guys don't usually slam a stupid remark: Just because I can't over analyze the team schemes, and weaknesses, does it make me any less of a fan in your eyes? I am a Buffalo Bills fan and it is a love that's very deep in my heart.

This place is the best for treating ALL posters with the same level of respect. Keep up the good work
    Buffalo Bills Fans like Drew Bledsoe, Eric Moulds and Takeo Spikes.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

What a stupid post!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

And no it doesn't make you less of a fan.

If you stick with a team through thick and thin, they you are a fan. Period.

Comment

• Buffalo Bills
        • Mar 2003

Thanks you guys sure make me feel safe in posting.
        Buffalo Bills Fans like Drew Bledsoe, Eric Moulds and Takeo Spikes.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

PASSION man! It's all about PASSION!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• TypicalBill
            • Sep 2002

No, you're a Bills fan for posting this publicly ..

Originally posted by Buffalo Bills
            Thanks you guys sure make me feel safe in posting.
            For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Billsbabee

Originally posted by Buffalo Bills
              I usually lurk at most message boards. Why do I lurk, well it's because I don't think I'm too bright when it comes to talking about my team. I have even been slammed on other boards because of it. They have questioned my loyalty to the team. With slogans like "have a take but don't suck" leaves me lurking more and more, as opposed to posting.

My question is, and I am posting this here because you guys don't usually slam a stupid remark: Just because I can't over analyze the team schemes, and weaknesses, does it make me any less of a fan in your eyes? I am a Buffalo Bills fan and it is a love that's very deep in my heart.

This place is the best for treating ALL posters with the same level of respect. Keep up the good work
              I know how ya feel, I can't analyze in depth worth a poopie either but you're right, you won't get slammed here.

Glad to have ya.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

you know where i learn about that stuff bud? on message boards.. there are enough educated posters here that you will learn just from reading.. and if you read something you dont understand.. hell! its a message board.. post a message and say "i dont get it, can you explain it to me".. plenty will be happy to add their knowledge.

thing is, i noticed.. maybe about 4 years ago.. maybe longer.. as i learned more about the game... i started watching teh little things in the game..

it was funny, because i was just explaining to my wife on sunday during the virginia tech game.. she didnt understand what all the different positions where.. and i never knew she didnt know them.. i just assumed she did..

so i say, damn.. did you see that fullback crush that LB.. he punked him.. and she looked at me like i was speaking spanglish...

i actually flipped on john madden and schooled her to all the formations, positions, ect.. it was fun.. i was using instant replay and stuff.. lol..

then last night.. i was like, HONEY! WE SIGNED LAWYER MILLOY! he is an awesome Strong safety from NE. she was like sweet.. i said.. do you know what a strong safety is? she goes.. he is the one the roams around in the secondary and knocks the crap out of people..

i felt like a proud father watching his son score his first TD.. i said "thats my girl"... and smacked her in the butt.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• northernbillfan
                  Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

YEah I concur with the rest of the folks. I have said some stupid things here, and no-one's questioned my loyalty.

Nice to see you again.
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

The truth is, anyone who can admit to being a fan (especially back during the 80 before the SB's) is considered a fan.

If you dont jump from team to team based on who is good that season, you are ok in my book.

Our motto here is to attack the post, not the poster. Generally people do really well about that here, and we try to enforce it.

Speak your mind my friend, and as long as you stick to your guns, people will respect whatever you have to say. They may not agree, but they will respect your opinion.

Thanks for posting bro!

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Good post T. LMAO.

My wife looked at me like I speaking Greek when I said we signed Milloy.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        you know where i learn about that stuff bud? on message boards.. there are enough educated posters here that you will learn just from reading.. and if you read something you dont understand.. hell! its a message board.. post a message and say "i dont get it, can you explain it to me".. plenty will be happy to add their knowledge.

thing is, i noticed.. maybe about 4 years ago.. maybe longer.. as i learned more about the game... i started watching teh little things in the game..

it was funny, because i was just explaining to my wife on sunday during the virginia tech game.. she didnt understand what all the different positions where.. and i never knew she didnt know them.. i just assumed she did..

so i say, damn.. did you see that fullback crush that LB.. he punked him.. and she looked at me like i was speaking spanglish...

i actually flipped on john madden and schooled her to all the formations, positions, ect.. it was fun.. i was using instant replay and stuff.. lol..

then last night.. i was like, HONEY! WE SIGNED LAWYER MILLOY! he is an awesome Strong safety from NE. she was like sweet.. i said.. do you know what a strong safety is? she goes.. he is the one the roams around in the secondary and knocks the crap out of people..

i felt like a proud father watching his son score his first TD.. i said "thats my girl"... and smacked her in the butt.
                        Dude, that almost brought a tear to my eye. If I could just find a wench like that haha

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

I cried when I got home from work yesterday and my fiancee asked me if the Bills picked up Milloy. The gal is coming around. Not only is she getting into football, she is showing signs of liking the Bills. I had a "moment."

ok, ok I didn't actually cry! Crying is for sissies. But I was kind of happy.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I told my wife that we signed Milloy and she said she didn't give a crap.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

You guys are so lucky. I told my wife that we signed Milloy, and pro-bowler safety from NE, and we play them in the home opener....I was so excited...

All I got was a "OK honey".

I need a new wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X