Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Beane and McDermott Extended through 2027

• Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Beane and McDermott Extended through 2027

I’m pretty surprised at this. I really thought this was a big year for McD to prove he can take this team to the next level. Guess not.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Smart move by Terry and Kim.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
        Allenhu Joshbar
        • Feb 2017

Yeah, very disappointed to hear about this regarding McD. If I had to guess, Beane went to bat for him, so Terry said your fates are intertwined now.

Of course, I would love to look back at this and be wrong, but I just don’t see it unless McD hires the newest young gun at OC. He is the 3rd best HC in his own division, and I only give him the nod over Saleh because of years. Saleh’s boys played with fire and passion last year despite being saddled with historically bad QB play. McDaniel showed me more imagination in 1/2 season than McDermott ever has.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Can't wait to hear all the pissing and moaning about this.

Fickle fans easily forget the 20+ years of garbage we watched before Beane and McD. Somehow the fan base has gone from praying for a good coach/gm to build a winning team, to superbowl or else. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Not sure I think too much into this ... guess it depends on the language in the contracts. There are a lot of reasons contracts are adjusted and during that process of negotiations more years can certainly be put in -- and other things can be taken out.

If you told me guaranteed McDermott is here until 2027 I would say there is a good chance we are screwed until that time....and a good chance our years with a competitive QB who brings the thing to the table we need to compete at the end of the season have been squandered and we are back in quarterback purgatory along with McDermott's demise.

But I don't think this means that. So whatever.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Fickle fans easily forget the 20+ years of garbage we watched before Beane and McD. Somehow the fan base has gone from praying for a good coach/gm to build a winning team, to superbowl or else. It's ridiculous.
              You will only hear rejoicing coming from me.

Now "LET'S GO"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                Not sure I think too much into this ... guess it depends on the language in the contracts. There are a lot of reasons contracts are adjusted and during that process of negotiations more years can certainly be put in -- and other things can be taken out.

If you told me guaranteed McDermott is here until 2027 I would say there is a good chance we are screwed until that time....and a good chance our years with a competitive QB who brings the thing to the table we need to compete at the end of the season have been squandered and we are back in quarterback purgatory along with McDermott's demise.

But I don't think this means that. So whatever.
                Bingo!!!!

Comment

• Chet
                  Allenhu Joshbar
                  • Feb 2017

I have no problem with Beane. Still a huge fan of his. McDermott is just about cooked for me though. I’m still willing to give him 1/2 year to see what he does with the defense before grabbing my pitchfork. If they blitz even once per game it’ll be an improvement.

With that said, there are better coaches both in the division and conference and that’s not changing unless those guys retire or die

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

McDermott has been a great coach for the bills. I really don't understand anyone who wants to run him out of town. I'm excited to see his defense come back to life.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

I’ll repeat what I wrote in another thread...

Well...with the news that both Beane and McDermott have been extended through the 2027 season, it’s now fact that the ONLY person who matters, Terry Pegula, has extreme confidence in both of them, does not think the “Bills have a Sean McDermott problem” and is comfortable with their leadership.

I’m content with this since the Bills have never been in better hands....the combination of owner, GM & head coach is the best in the team's 63 year history. Sure, as fans, we will always question pretty much everything they decide to do...as is our duty as loyal fans.

But, this pretty much puts an end to the subject (Do the Bills have a Sean McDermott problem).

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Yeah, we had 20+ years of garbage. But being better doesn't necessarily mean being good enough.

McD is clearly better than anyone who has coached this team since Marv Levy. But is he good enough to win it all? I'm starting to doubt it.

Also, we've won the division multiple times. We've won playoff games. We made to the AFCCG. The only two things left are winning the AFC and winning the SB.

And, the window is closing. FA, age, salary cap.... they aren't going to be able to keep this team together for much longer, then they will have to waste some of Josh's years rebuilding.

And, with his playing style, how long will Josh last? How long will he be as effective as he is now? This team currently has a QB with the talent to win a SB. We haven't had that since Jim Kelly- it took us 2 decades to find one. If we don't get a QB with Josh, who knows how long it will be before we find another elite QB?

So, yeah, it's Super Bowl or bust.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            I’ll repeat what I wrote in another thread...

Well...with the news that both Beane and McDermott have been extended through the 2027 season, it’s now fact that the ONLY person who matters, Terry Pegula, has extreme confidence in both of them, does not think the “Bills have a Sean McDermott problem” and is comfortable with their leadership.

I’m content with this since the Bills have never been in better hands....the combination of owner, GM & head coach is the best in the team's 63 year history. Sure, as fans, we will always question pretty much everything they decide to do...as is our duty as loyal fans.

But, this pretty much puts an end to the subject (Do the Bills have a Sean McDermott problem).
                            Why do you link yourself? That’s really odd or grossly narcissistic… or whatever the politically correct version of ******ed is.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              Why do you link yourself? That’s really odd or grossly narcissistic… or whatever the politically correct version of ******ed is.
                              I wrote what I think. Do you need remedial reading lessons?!?!??!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X