PDA

View Full Version : Who all is going to London for the game?

gr8slayer
06-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Just got everything booked. Anyone else going?

OpIv37
06-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Would be nice but we just spent a ton on a trip to Italy last month. My wife’s sister and our disabled nephew live in Dallas and she’s been promising to visit to help them out. We haven’t visited her family in Puerto Rico in 8 years, and we still need to do our Asia trip to complete all 7 continents. And, my job situation has changed- I’m making more money but I don’t have the vacation flexibility that I used to.

I’ll be lucky to make a domestic game this year. Maybe the Commanders, but getting in and out of that stadium is such a disaster that I’m debating if it’s even worth the hassle.

If you can swing it while you’re in the UK, check out some other places. Edinburgh is great. Belfast in the north of Ireland (deliberate phrasing, not a typo) has a ton of recent history about the Titanic and, more importantly, the Troubles. Things have calmed down a lot and you can see important places that would have been too violent just 20 years ago. If you go into Ireland proper, there are lots of great places but we particularly liked Killarney and Cashel. And you prob don’t need me to tell you this, but the UK still uses pounds while Ireland is on the Euro so it’s a bit of a currency challenge.

OpIv37
06-25-2023, 04:23 PM
Also welcome back- haven’t seen you around here in a minute.

gr8slayer
06-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Would be nice but we just spent a ton on a trip to Italy last month. My wife’s sister and our disabled nephew live in Dallas and she’s been promising to visit to help them out. We haven’t visited her family in Puerto Rico in 8 years, and we still need to do our Asia trip to complete all 7 continents. And, my job situation has changed- I’m making more money but I don’t have the vacation flexibility that I used to.

I’ll be lucky to make a domestic game this year. Maybe the Commanders, but getting in and out of that stadium is such a disaster that I’m debating if it’s even worth the hassle.

If you can swing it while you’re in the UK, check out some other places. Edinburgh is great. Belfast in the north of Ireland (deliberate phrasing, not a typo) has a ton of recent history about the Titanic and, more importantly, the Troubles. Things have calmed down a lot and you can see important places that would have been too violent just 20 years ago. If you go into Ireland proper, there are lots of great places but we particularly liked Killarney and Cashel. And you prob don’t need me to tell you this, but the UK still uses pounds while Ireland is on the Euro so it’s a bit of a currency challenge.

You're not kidding about the stadium in DC... of the 28 NFL stadiums I've been to, that might be the worst/hardest to get to.

We're going to get there a week early, rent a car, and roadtrip across the UK.

jamze132
06-26-2023, 05:34 AM
Opted to take the Bills Mafia cruise instead of the London trip.