PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Poyer plans to keep talking

Woodman
06-29-2023, 07:38 PM
Buffalo Bills safety Jordan Poyer plans to keep talking (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/im-not-going-to-stand-down-anymore-jordan-poyer-plans-to-keep-talking/article_e1517d18-1550-11ee-999e-436caaff9fa6.html)

“I’m tired of just being in the shadows on a lot of things,” he said. “I have a lot to say, especially when I’m done playing.”

The 32-year-old safety isn’t nearly done getting paid to “chase a ball for a living,” as he put it; three months ago, he signed a two-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills that could be worth up to $14.5 million. He might have more to say when his career concludes, but in the midst of it, Poyer is saying aloud what he thinks other people should.

DraftBoy
06-30-2023, 07:02 AM
Cool, use your platform.

Historian
06-30-2023, 10:19 AM
Consider this excerpt from the phone interview: “Everything was moving smoothly (with the golf tournament) and then all of a sudden, obviously the indictments started to come out with Trump, whatever that means. I have my own beliefs on what the hell’s going on in the world and what they’re trying to do to that dude. I mean, there is bad on both sides. So it’s like for somebody to say one thing about him and not talk about the other side? I don’t even argue with people that like to be like that, because it’s bad on both sides.

Translation: You do it too!

Buffalogic
06-30-2023, 12:58 PM
Good, what happened with his golf event was a disgrace.

notacon
06-30-2023, 01:41 PM
I guess Poyer can keep on taking all he wants. Every time he opens his mouth about non-football subjects, stupid **** comes out.

He deserved the scorn he got for the STUPID decision to play a golf tournament on a Trump course. NO ONE who is smart wants anything to do with that name or that person.....who is a known sexual assaulter....and criminal, soon to be a convicted felon....his company he owns and operates already IS convicted of felonies.

There are hundreds of stellar golf courses he could have held it on. His decision was obviously political and turns off an overwhelming majority of people....especially those that respect the rule of law.

yordad
06-30-2023, 03:58 PM
I guess Poyer can keep on taking all he wants. Every time he opens his mouth about non-football subjects, stupid **** comes out.

He deserved the scorn he got for the STUPID decision to play a golf tournament on a Trump course. NO ONE who is smart wants anything to do with that name or that person.....who is a known sexual assaulter....and criminal, soon to be a convicted felon....his company he owns and operates already IS convicted of felonies.

There are hundreds of stellar golf courses he could have held it on. His decision was obviously political and turns off an overwhelming majority of people....especially those that respect the rule of law.
This post is super ignorant.

Turf
06-30-2023, 07:05 PM
Politics should not be allowed to shut anything down. No matter what side you're on the split seems to be very close to 50-50. If you allow mobs to shut things down because they don't land on their side nothing will be left.

ParanoidAndroid
06-30-2023, 07:30 PM
This thread brought out the elite, didn't it?

Trump is a master manipulator.

And you can tell who the easily manipulated morons are.

There are two kinds:

1. Those who see him as some kind of anti-hero and love him. (Poyer seems to fit this type)

2. Those who actually think he's an idiot.

He's neither of those things.

What he is, is a brilliant, sociopathic, narcissistic ******* of the highest order.

He would sell-out anyone or anything for his own benefit, including his own family or his country.

Buffalogic
06-30-2023, 10:18 PM
What a cringe post by notacon. Some people aren't super triggered charmin soft bozos who care enough to cry about it. It's charity. It's golf. Thore are the only two things that matter to anyone with any type of normal emotional wiring.

jamze132
07-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Yeah I don’t think I’d be real happy attending a charity event at a golf club with Trump’s name on it.

daryls61
07-01-2023, 06:12 AM
Who was the original sponsor that pulled out?

Night Train
07-01-2023, 07:47 AM

Pulled out ? Then it wasn't Travis Henry or Eric Moulds.

Thanks. I'm here all week. Try the veal..

Novacane
07-01-2023, 08:13 AM

ECMC

Novacane
07-01-2023, 08:18 AM
PublicSQ has stepped up to sponsor and the tournament is back on. Start your boycott of PublicSQ now you big babies.

daryls61
07-01-2023, 08:30 AM
ECMC

ECMC is the beneficiary of the event and not the sponsor.

Novacane
07-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Then all the news articles are wrong. They are saying ECMC is both. The sponsor and beneficiary.

Novacane
07-01-2023, 08:51 AM
ECMC was the sponsor who backed out. ECMC foundation was the beneficiary.

Novacane
07-01-2023, 08:56 AM
All of the idiots who were celebrating the cancelation should read up on what the foundation does. Supports causes you'd claim to be for. People who put politics above anything else are the problem. They make me sick.

DraftBoy
07-01-2023, 09:41 AM
All of the idiots who were celebrating the cancelation should read up on what the foundation does. Supports causes you'd claim to be for. People who put politics above anything else are the problem. They make me sick.

I’m confused, if it makes you sick then why have you posted the most in this thread?

acehole
07-01-2023, 10:58 AM
Yet they have to have pride stuff on their helmuts?

Nothing wrong with the Trump name...unless you watch msnbc 24-7.

Funny how "tolerant" and open we are until it is something we don't agree with.

That is a great golf course and people should be adults...it is a benefit for crying out loud.

Have we become comunists?

acehole
07-01-2023, 11:00 AM
Just lol.

81 million votes and you think others are morons?

k

This thread brought out the elite, didn't it?
Just lol. Can much?

k
Trump is a master manipulator.

And you can tell who the easily manipulated morons are.

There are two kinds:

1. Those who see him as some kind of anti-hero and love him. (Poyer seems to fit this type)

2. Those who actually think he's an idiot.

He's neither of those things.

What he is, is a brilliant, sociopathic, narcissistic ******* of the highest order.

He would sell-out anyone or anything for his own benefit, including his own family or his country.

notacon
07-01-2023, 11:21 AM
This post is super ignorant.

:rofl: Saying that my spot on post is "super ignorant” is what is super ignorant.

This isn’t even about politics. It’s about human decency and criminality.

daryls61
07-01-2023, 11:21 AM
TY - That was confusing.

notacon
07-01-2023, 11:44 AM
What a cringe post by notacon. Some people aren't super triggered charmin soft bozos who care enough to cry about it. It's charity. It's golf. Thore are the only two things that matter to anyone with any type of normal emotional wiring.

Oh boy.

No, my reasonable and spot on opinion is not a “cringe post”....associating with a known scumbag, racist, bigot, serial criminal and unrepentant demagogue, putting money into his corrupt pocket and elevating his tarnished name and golf course is what is cringy.

Why did he not just call it the Jeffery Epstein Memorial Tournament....or....the Bernie Madoff Charity Event....or....the Benedict Arnold Tribute Golf Event. Using a Trump course is EXACTLY the same. Would you feel the same that "It's charity. It's golf. Thore [sic] are the only two things that matter to anyone with any type of normal emotional wiring”?!?!?

If this was really about “charity” Poyer would have used another golf course. His choice is ALL about putting his brand of ideology front and center.

Now, we see that Poyer has changed course and has uncanceled the event. With a new spender that shares the awful right wing viewpoint that he does.

As reported in the Buffalo News on the front page today...as Poyer made this announcement, on, where else, GOPTV, also known as Fox “News” the propaganda outlets for Republicans and overwrought right wing bigotry and general scumminess...

On second thought, Jordan Poyer says he plans to go ahead with tournament at Trump golf course (https://buffalonews.com/news/local/on-second-thought-jordan-poyer-says-he-plans-to-go-ahead-with-tournament-at-trump/article_8f865f56-177d-11ee-9d99-3bc94b12cdd7.html)

The tournament is back on: same day, same place, same beneficiary.

Six days after Buffalo Bills safety Jordan Poyer canceled his charity tournament, which was to be held July 10 at Trump National Doral Golf Club in Miami and benefit ECMC Foundation, his representatives announced Friday afternoon that the plans are back on.

Poyer also made the announcement during an appearance on Fox News.

…snip…

Poyer announced in a June 24 video on Instagram that he was pulling back his plans for the tournament after his marketing representatives and ECMC received backlash from people who were unhappy with the tournament taking place at a facility owned by the former president, who is facing 71 felony charges in two criminal cases.

….snip….

The Avalon statement announced that the presenting sponsor of the tournament will be PublicSq, a business-promotion platform whose website describes itself as “pro-life, pro-family, pro-freedom.” That aligns with Poyer’s views, which he expressed in his Buffalo News interview while also emphasizing, “I’m trying to put the sides away. Let’s talk about me and you. Let’s talk about us. Let’s come together, regardless of what side you’re on.”

Of course, Poyer is not stupid. He knew full well that when he chose a Trump course it would be EXTREMELY divisive and would trigger and piss off anyone who is not in the minority of Trump Butt Kissers. I suspect THAT’S WHY HE DID IT!!!!!

Today’s MAGAverse is ALL about triggering and pissing off the “libs” (defined as anyone who does not kowtow to right wing extremism and the Trump Cult).

He accomplished his goal. And at the same time has shown exactly what and who he is.

It’s not pretty. At least to anyone who values REAL “freedom”. Today’s GOP and MAGA Cult do not.

ParanoidAndroid
07-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Just lol.

k
Yup. And it looks like I found one.

Just lol

If it makes you feel any better, I have a similar opinion of the Democrats who nominated Biden.

It's not quite the same level of the Trump cultists who think he's done nothing wrong, but close.

acehole
07-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Do you mean Russian collusion?

Very funny how easy it is to brainwash the masses.

Proven hoax.

It's called politics. Accusing your enemy of the same wrong doing you are guilty of is an old communist tactic. Too bad it works on the useful idiots.

It is a mater of public record now that was a planned narrative and hoax to divert from the server. PUBLIC RECORD>

You didn't get the memo?

That says more about you then anyone here.

Bottom line here on this is everyone exercised there constitutional rights.

Poyer had a right to choose the event.

The sponsors had a right to pull out.

He had a right to be upset about it.

We had the right to think it was stupid.

You have a right to believe Joe Biden got 81 million votes in the dead of night and is the most popular president in US history....ll while trump was ahead before the cheating started.

Getting more black votes then Obama.

Getting more women's vote then Hilary.

Winning by the fewest districts in US history.

Statistical impossibility.

Beating an incumbent who got 12 million more votes then when he ran last..

All because of a bat in a wet market...that caused ballot box stuffing ....and taping windows and shutting down the vote at 1 am only to wake up the a few days later the winner?

I see. Yes we must be morons...All while saying trump is a criminal with no evidence while saying Biden is innocent with a laptop full of felonies and bribes.

Trump is guilty with 0 evidence.

Yea we are "morons" alright.

Yup. And it looks like I found one.

Just lol

If it makes you feel any better, I have a similar opinion of the Democrats who nominated Biden.

It's not quite the same level of the Trump cultists who think he's done nothing wrong, but close.

Novacane
07-01-2023, 01:33 PM
I’m confused, if it makes you sick then why have you posted the most in this thread?

You make zero sense.

ParanoidAndroid
07-01-2023, 02:24 PM

Proven hoax.

It's called politics. Accusing your enemy of the same wrong doing you are guilty of is an old communist tactic. Too bad it works on the useful idiots.

It is a mater of public record now that was a planned narrative and hoax to divert from the server. PUBLIC RECORD>

You didn't get the memo?

You have a right to believe Joe Biden got 81 million votes in the dead of night and is the most popular president in US history....ll while trump was ahead before the cheating started.

All because of a bat in a wet market...that caused ballot box stuffing ....and taping windows and shutting down the vote at 1 am only to wake up the a few days later the winner?

I see. Yes we must be morons...All while saying trump is a criminal with no evidence while saying Biden is innocent with a laptop full of felonies and bribes.

The more you post, the more evidence you provide to support my point.

notacon
07-01-2023, 02:24 PM

Proven hoax.

You didn't get the memo?

Oh boy. A bona fide gullible Trump Cultist that cannot tell the difference between reality and bullcrap.

I can easily refute every single one of your ignorant proclamations with facts. But, not here. Start a thread in the Spin Zone if you have the guts to get ripped apart with facts, evidence and logic.

notacon
07-01-2023, 02:33 PM
The more you post, the more evidence you provide to support my point.

Of course, Cult members see everything from the warped, perverse perspective of the Cult.

The fact is that Poyer made a choice that he KNEW would be very divisive. He did it anyway (I suspect) in order to BE divisive. And then feigns shock that there is STRONG pushback for his divisive actions. ("I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on here”)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SjbPi00k_ME" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

It’s the playbook of today’s right wing MAGAverse. Invite arguments and opposition in order to engage in the FIGHT. It’s ALL about being mean to and “owning the Libs”, when they are actually showing how vapid and adverse to civil society they are.

acehole
07-01-2023, 03:56 PM
We also take note not one single fact was easily rebutted...you can hide behind the name calling all you want.

Next I will be called a racist.

So boring. So typical.

I think you mean go somewhere else and listen to Racheal meadow talking points? No thank you had an opportunity here and you blew it because you cant.

I make it a point not to argue with Sheeple and people who suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

PS While I am at it ....men can't get pregnant and women can't have a nice set of gonads.

Your problem is you have a frail ego with group think and therefore the thought of being wrong terrifies you...but here you are.

Go enjoy your bud light and be convinced of your superior intellect.

Time is the great truth teller.

Time has proven us right.

Time has proven Trump right.

Joe Biden is the perfect party head for all of you....clueless and morally bankrupt.

Enjoy the illegitimacy in chief while you can.

I think you will be in for enlightenment soon enough.

Even the press won't keep weekend at Bernie's fiasco up much longer.

Oh boy. A bona fide gullible Trump Cultist that cannot tell the difference between reality and bullcrap.

I can easily refute every single one of your ignorant proclamations with facts. But, not here. Start a thread in the Spin Zone if you have the guts to get ripped apart with facts, evidence and logic.

acehole
07-01-2023, 04:10 PM
How do you know Poyer motives again? Yes "his dastardly plot!"

You just make stuff up and go with it? Lol.

You don't have a clue.

I love the line "Facing 71 felony charges"

That will be repeated over and over and over again.

just like "Trump colluded with Russia to hack the election and steal it from Hillary"

Mean while all the nothing burgers keep coming...

Trumps problem is that he was a great President and outside the club guy and they didn't have an answer for his sucess.

They are terrified of him running again and will do anything they can to stop him.

Every time he gets close to their corruption they start a new stupid narrative.

ParanoidAndroid
07-01-2023, 05:00 PM
I have learned through multiple experiences that no amount of documented and verifiable evidence of Trump playing his followers for suckers is able to convince them that they are being duped by perhaps the greatest used car salesman of all time.

If you have gotten this far and still don't see it, I shall not waste my time.

You are not unique or more informed than any other.

I only can hope this Trump garbage passes soon so we can get back to actual governing.

I'm not optimistic.

notacon
07-01-2023, 07:16 PM
We also take note not one single fact was easily rebutted...you can hide behind the name calling all you want.

Next I will be called a racist.

So boring. So typical.

I think you mean go somewhere else and listen to Racheal meadow talking points? No thank you had an opportunity here and you blew it because you cant.

I make it a point not to argue with Sheeple and people who suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

PS While I am at it ....men can't get pregnant and women can't have a nice set of gonads.

Your problem is you have a frail ego with group think and therefore the thought of being wrong terrifies you...but here you are.

Go enjoy your bud light and be convinced of your superior intellect.

Time is the great truth teller.

Time has proven us right.

Time has proven Trump right.

Joe Biden is the perfect party head for all of you....clueless and morally bankrupt.

Enjoy the illegitimacy in chief while you can.

I think you will be in for enlightenment soon enough.

Even the press won't keep weekend at Bernie's fiasco up much longer.
I already addressed that. Do you need remedial reading classes???

Here is what I wrote...I’ll enlarge to the critical parts so you can understand a very simple concept.

“I can easily refute every single one of your ignorant proclamations with facts. But, not here. Start a thread in the Spin Zone if you have the guts to get ripped apart with facts, evidence and logic.”

Do you have the guts??? If so....start a thread in the Spin Zone. I promise I will address your false statements and faulty analysis there.

notacon
07-01-2023, 07:27 PM
I have learned through multiple experiences that no amount of documented and verifiable evidence of Trump playing his followers for suckers is able to convince them that they are being duped by perhaps the greatest used car salesman of all time.

If you have gotten this far and still don't see it, I shall not waste my time.

You are not unique or more informed than any other.

I only can hope this Trump garbage passes soon so we can get back to actual governing.

I'm not optimistic.

That’s what happens in a cult.

Trump said an absolutely true and accurate thin (https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/23/464129029/donald-trump-i-could-shoot-somebody-and-i-wouldnt-lose-any-voters)g (among his pathological lying)....which shows how much he thinks that his own cultist are idiots and gullible cultists..

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK? It's, like, incredible."

The other shockingly accurate thing he said was (https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321)….

Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

The man is PURE scum. I would not let him closer than a mile to my wife, daughters or any woman I care about.

ParanoidAndroid
07-01-2023, 07:37 PM
He says/does ostentatious stuff to get press.

He would actually be entertaining and even admirable if he wasn't in it for himself.

If he was doing what he does to provide some substantive benefit, I couldn't care less about him mouth.

But his mouth is run for his benefit and it has caused far more damage than good.

And trucking all those documents to Mar-a-lago is something for which I, as a former intelligence officer, want to burn him alive.