X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

NFL Execs, coaches, players rank Von Miller #9 Edge Rusher

Another accolade for a Bills player, richly deserved….

Execs, coaches, scouts rank NFL's top 10 edge rushers for 2023

9. Von Miller, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 3 | Lowest ranking: Unranked

A 34-year-old coming off a torn ACL isn't usually well positioned on a top-10 list, but Miller is an exception. He had eight sacks in 11 games before suffering the injury on Thanksgiving in Detroit.

"I thought about keeping him off my list but you just can't -- he's still so good," an NFC exec said. "If he can get it back, Buffalo's defense will be dangerous."

Miller is chasing history; his 123.5 sacks rank 19th all time.

"If you need one play with the game on the line, he's probably still pretty high on the list," an NFC scout said. "He's maybe the best pure pass-rusher of the last decade."
    The full Top 10…

1. Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers

2. Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns

3. Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys

4. T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers

5. Haason Reddick, Philadelphia Eagles

6. Maxx Crosby, Las Vegas Raiders

7. Brian Burns, Carolina Panthers

8. Matthew Judon, New England Patriots

9. Von Miller, Buffalo Bills

10. Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: NFL Execs, coaches, players rank Von Miller #9 Edge Rusher

Too high. Popularity contest review laced with slot of ifs. Had Von finished the season healthy then yeah… too 10

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Too high. Popularity contest review laced with slot of ifs. Had Von finished the season healthy then yeah… too 10
      No, it’s not.

Did you even bother to read the copy???

Jesus. Why do some Bills “fans” get such glee from ****ting on their own players and coaches?????

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
        No, it�s not.

Jesus. Why do some Bills �fans� get such glee from ****ting on their own players and coaches?????

We actually like to have nuanced conversations based on our knowledge and what we see. We dont depend on lists to decide whos our best players

Most fanbases are like this. I use lists like this to see whos good on other teams but i dont take any of it seriously

For a while, these lists included Mario Williams, Posluszny, Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, Stephon Gilmore, Donte Whitner

When as bills fans, wed watch the games and know they were all severely over rated

The issue is you use this stuff to form what you see on the field, while everyone else here sees whats on the field, and compares it to the list
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          We actually like to have nuanced conversations based on our knowledge and what we see. We dont depend on lists to decide whos our best players

Most fanbases are like this. I use lists like this to see whos good on other teams but i dont take any of it seriously

For a while, these lists included Mario Williams, Posluszny, Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, Stephon Gilmore, Donte Whitner

When as bills fans, wed watch the games and know they were all severely over rated

The issue is you use this stuff to form what you see on the field, while everyone else here sees whats on the field, and compares it to the list
          Jesus. So now you are back to stalking me. Your obsession is really, really weird.

There are very few “nuanced conversations” here....especially coming from you. Your ”knowledge” is a LOT less than you think it is.

I don’t "
          depend on lists to decide whos our best players” that’s just bullcrap.

But when our players are noticed in the national sports
          media, in credible and well respected publications, especially when it is the informed opinions of actual real NFL professionals (and not internet blowhards) it deserving of notice.

I don't give a flying crap what games you watched or who you think is overrated. And I do not respect your opinion no matter how many games you watched all comphy on your couch.

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

No, it’s not.

Jesus. Why do some Bills “fans” get such glee from ****ting on their own players and coaches?????
            Read copy and he was too high

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

BTW...I watch the games and form my opinions based on what I see....years and years of watching Bills (and tons of NFL) football. ****, I have been watching football for DECADES before you were even born much less old enough to comprehend what was on your TV.

I do NOT "use this stuff (reading what professional sports writers write) to form what you see on the field”. Stop lying about what you are guessing what I think and how I get there.

The difference between myself and self-professed know-it-all’s like you, is that I
              respect when NFL professionals observe and talk about players....you think you know more than NFL professionals. You DO NOT!!!!! You never have and never will.

It’s a silly assumption that has you writing some really absurd stuff.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Read copy and he was too high
                Who is the “he”??? This list is the result of a survey of about 80 NFL professionals.

The two that were quoted in the copy was from a “NFC Exec” (which teams a GM or other high level professional that actually works and gets paid by a NFC NFL team) and a "NFC Scout”.

You want to hold yourself out as knowing more, and being more credible, than a NFC Exec and a NFC Scout!?!?!? Because you watch games on the Tee Vee?!?!?

The arrogance and hubris never ceases to amaze.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Jesus. So now you are back to stalking me. Your obsession is really, really weird.

There are very few “nuanced conversations” here....especially coming from you. Your ”knowledge” is a LOT less than you think it is.

I don’t "
                  depend on lists to decide whos our best players” that’s just bullcrap.

But when our players are noticed in the national sports
                  media, in credible and well respected publications, especially when it is the informed opinions of actual real NFL professionals (and not internet blowhards) it deserving of notice.

I don't give a flying crap what games you watched or who you think is overrated. And I do not respect your opinion no matter how many games you watched all comphy on your couch.

Stalking you? lmao. I replied to 2 posts of yours lmfao. Damn you have a special gift to be this narcissistic.

Btw, appreciate you stealing another insult of mine, try to be a little more creative next time because this is ROFL worthy
                  Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Notty, did you forget to take your medication recently because your on a roll of "peak insane notty" lately

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Who is the “he”??? This list is the result of a survey of about 80 NFL professionals.

The two that were quoted in the copy was from a “NFC Exec” (which teams a GM or other high level professional that actually works and gets paid by a NFC NFL team) and a "NFC Scout”.

You want to hold yourself out as knowing more, and being more credible, than a NFC Exec and a NFC Scout!?!?!? Because you watch games on the Tee Vee?!?!?

The arrogance and hubris never ceases to amaze.
                      Does it list the 80 by name or is it anonymous? By “he” I meant Von is rated too high. He missed 6 games and has a devastating injury. Just like Tre who came back no where near his old self yet he’s highly regarded based on prior achievements .

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                        Notty, did you forget to take your medication recently because your on a roll of "peak insane notty" lately
                        Cut that **** out.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X