• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cas22
    • Jul 2005

bleacher report bold predictions for 2023

Buffalo Bills Will Miss the Playoffs

1. Ever since they broke through and ended a painful 17-year playoff drought in 2017, the Buffalo Bills have consistently rated amongst the best teams in the NFL. While they've gone on to make four more postseason trips in the last five years—including three in a row as AFC East champs, their first divisional titles since the mid-1990's—the Bills could be heading for a regression in 2023.
      Buffalo's 2022 campaign ended on a sour note. After the team barely survived a fierce upset bid from the rival Miami Dolphins—who were starting a seventh-round rookie at quarterback—during Wild Card weekend, it would go on to get trounced at home by the Cincinnati Bengals. The 27-10 loss was an embarrassing result for a team that had significant Super Bowl aspirations, a defeat that could foreshadow a trying 2023 season on the horizon.
      The Bills lacked the type of draft capital and financial flexibility needed to make sweeping changes in wake of such a humbling loss. Despite the running game stalling out during the playoffs, the team's top backfield addition was Damien Harris—who regressed significantly last year—to replace the departed Devin Singletary. The club sorely needed some receiving talent to augment superstar Stefon Diggs, but only added an injury-plagued Deonte Harty, journeyman Trenton Sherfield and fifth-round pick rookie Justin Shorter in the offseason.
      This club is also banking on an aging core of defenders to continue playing at a high level. Von Miller, Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer are all on the wrong side of 30. Tre'Davious White is amongst the league's top corners when healthy, but he's missed a full season worth of games over the last two years. The loss of supremely athletic linebacker Tremaine Edmunds will be felt this coming year.
      While Buffalo finally may have found the type of playmaking tight end it has coveted since being thrashed by Travis Kelce during the playoffs in back-to-back years by selecting Dalton Kincaid in the first round, that pick alone won't cure all the team's ills. Josh Allen can only carry this team so much, meaning it should not come as a massive surprise if the Bills are not only overtaken by other teams in the division this year, but also miss the playoffs entirely.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083774-10-bold-predictions-for-the-2023-nfl-season

ALEX KAYJULY 25, 2023
    Last edited by cas22; 07-25-2023, 03:54 PM.
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: bleacher report bold predictions for 2023

That's bold alright

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Crazy how everyone thought we were winning the Super Bowl last year. Now everyone thinks we will struggle to make the playoffs. The lazy groupthink media mindset is wild these days. Nobody even tries to be an actual columnist anymore. The deterioration of journalism in this country is disappointing.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I don’t see us not winning the division.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
          • Nov 2012

Everyone's knee jerk is just an extension of the last game. Yeah, if they play like their last game, they will probably not make it. Excuses are different than reasons. There's reasons they played poorly. I'm not sure those reasons have much hold on 2023.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
            I don’t see us not winning the division.
            Miami improved. The Jets aren’t a serious threat but Rodgers means they aren’t a pushover. The Patriots haven’t been juggernauts since Brady left but they’re not pushovers either.

The Bills are stagnant. They didn’t get worse, but they didn’t get better either. I think the Bills are still the favorite to win the div, but it’s only gonna take one or two bad bounces for Miami to win the Div and Buf to be out.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Whatever click bait...
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

When you least expect it...

The team has been on a downward trend...thumped at KC in the conference championship, heart broken at KC in division round, thumped by Cinci at home in the division. It's not a free-fall by any means, but it's there in black and white. Nothing they have done the last few years has brought better results than the season before.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Miami improved. The Jets aren’t a serious threat but Rodgers means they aren’t a pushover. The Patriots haven’t been juggernauts since Brady left but they’re not pushovers either.

The Bills are stagnant. They didn’t get worse, but they didn’t get better either. I think the Bills are still the favorite to win the div, but it’s only gonna take one or two bad bounces for Miami to win the Div and Buf to be out.
                  You’re giving too much credit to Miami. They’re one concussion away from missing the playoffs altogether.

I’m more impressed with the Jets than the Dolphins.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    When you least expect it...

The team has been on a downward trend...thumped at KC in the conference championship, heart broken at KC in division round, thumped by Cinci at home in the division. It's not a free-fall by any means, but it's there in black and white. Nothing they have done the last few years has brought better results than the season before.
                    You could say kc was on a downward trend before last year. You can say cin is on a downward trend now going from sb loss to a afccg loss.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                      My IQ Test results came back negative
                      • Oct 2002

Imagine thinking losing edmunds is going to hurt Buffalo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

You’re giving too much credit to Miami. They’re one concussion away from missing the playoffs altogether.

Um, it’s a QB-driven league. Every real contender needs their QB and is one concussion away from missing the playoffs.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cas22
                          • Jul 2005

the Jets and Fin's both split with us last year, the Jets had one of the best defense's in the league and there schedule will be 4 games weaker than ours,,, The Fin's gave the Bills everything they wanted at home in cold ass weather with a back up QB...

In all honesty if I wasn't a Bills fan I'd sat the AFC east will be a 3 team race,,,, if Tua go's down Miami is in trouble but the same can be said for the Bill's if Allen gets hurt...

all's I no is the window is closing, Bean can't keep pushing money down the road and sooner than later will have to pay the piper. I think at the start of next year we will be 35 mil over the cap before we even look at draft picks... that is summing up for around 2 years off s h it years...

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

The only way we miss the playoffs is if Josh Allen gets injured *knocks on wood*

We're a good team and that lingering UCL injury should be in the rear view at this point.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

It should be criminal that Tua is still in the league.

I like him. He's a good kid and a good QB. But he's gonna suffer irreparable brain damage with the path he's on. He shouldn't be playing.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X