PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the first game @ NYJets ??

Skooby
07-25-2023, 10:40 PM
A friend gave me 2 -50 yard line seats (Section 139) row 11 (6 rows up) right behind the Bills bench!! Man I’m pumped !!

jamze132
07-26-2023, 06:53 AM
I’ll be in the Bahamas that week. But will be in DC for the Commanders game later that month.

JoeMama
07-26-2023, 10:25 AM
I’ll be in the Bahamas that week. But will be in DC for the Commanders game later that month.

Nice!

I streamed a preseason game from Nassau once.

They're always duds but I just don't have it in me to miss a Bills game.

Woodman
07-27-2023, 10:52 AM
A friend gave me 2 -50 yard line seats (Section 139) row 11 (6 rows up) right behind the Bills bench!! Man I’m pumped !!

Nice friend :gobills:

OpIv37
07-27-2023, 10:58 AM

Stay as close to the stadium as possible. It’s a nightmare getting in and out of there.

OpIv37
07-27-2023, 11:06 AM

I’m debating if I want to go to that one. FedEx is only about an hour from my house, but it’s at least double that on game day. The parking situation is miserable and many of the lots require a shuttle bus to get to the stadium because they are so far away. And parking is expensive. And the easiest way to get there is to cut through downtown, but that goes right by the Ravens stadium and they’re home that day too. So, that means either dealing with Ravens traffic too or going the long way around downtown.

It’s so tempting to go see the Bills when they are so close but it’s just such an awful game day experience.

Oaf
07-27-2023, 12:11 PM
Hell yeah I'll be there with wifey! Any tailgate tips for NJ?

notacon
07-27-2023, 01:15 PM
Stay as close to the stadium as possible. It’s a nightmare getting in and out of there.

That is only true if one is...uhhhh....brave (I want to use the word stupid :D:) enough to drive to the game.

I lived about 10 miles from MetLife stadium for two years. Never did go to a game there (I don’t like to attend NFL games anymore....way better to watch on TV, which is the medium that today's game is designed to consumed).

NJ Transit has a station at the stadium (that only operates during events) and is near HCLTech Gate....about a three minute walk. The station is nestled right next to the stadium. Longest walk to any gate is about 10 minutes.

https://cms.metlifestadium.com/images/default-source/maps-diagrams/stadium-parking-map-2022.png?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=1dac667b_2

Here are detailed instructions to get to the stadium using NJ Transit (https://lattesandrunways.com/how-to-take-the-train-to-metlife-stadium-from-nyc/). It’s cheap too. Only $11 round trip from Penn Station in Manhattan for an adult. Only $4.90 for a “senior” (62 years old and over). A lot less than parking....without the hassle. And especially without the traffic.

I used NJ Transit a LOT during my two years living in NJ. We picked the apartment building because it was directly across the street from a NJ Transit train station. About 30 min direct ride to Penn NYC with a very frequent schedule.

On 9/15/2019 when the Bills played the Giants on the road (and beat them 28-14) after beating the Jets (17-16) in the same stadium....I happened to have a business dinner in Manhattan that had me taking the train just as the Giants fans were flooding onto my train at it’s Secaucus stop.

It was one glum crowd, quiet crowd. :rofl:

Outside Penn Station with Giants fans all over the place, one rather exuberant (and almost assuredly drunk) Bills fan was screaming at the top of his lungs...

“The Giants SUCK” “The Bills KICKED YOUR ASS”!!!!

Anyway...if you are staying at a hotel, best to be close to a NJ train station. Check to see if they have shuttle to that station since parking at some train stations become difficult during events. If you are staying in NYC it does not matter where your stay since it’s easy to get to Penn Station from almost anywhere.

mightysimi
07-27-2023, 03:38 PM
Hell yeah I'll be there with wifey! Any tailgate tips for NJ?
I went in 21, there was a whole lot for Bills tailgate. Just check reddit prior. There was nothing but Bills fans there, tons of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I have sat in the 5th row before. You will curse all the players for being tall when the play is in between the 30's. Super cool being that close to the action though. It was at the old SD stadium so newer ones might have that sorted.

jamze132
07-28-2023, 04:18 AM
I’m debating if I want to go to that one. FedEx is only about an hour from my house, but it’s at least double that on game day. The parking situation is miserable and many of the lots require a shuttle bus to get to the stadium because they are so far away. And parking is expensive. And the easiest way to get there is to cut through downtown, but that goes right by the Ravens stadium and they’re home that day too. So, that means either dealing with Ravens traffic too or going the long way around downtown.

It’s so tempting to go see the Bills when they are so close but it’s just such an awful game day experience.

Girlfriend and I will be taking the metro. It’ll be crowded but will be lots of fun! The Bills Backers from Charlottesville organized the trip and they’re taking a bus but I’ll already be up north that weekend so it makes no sense to go two hours south.

OpIv37
07-28-2023, 08:38 AM
Girlfriend and I will be taking the metro. It’ll be crowded but will be lots of fun! The Bills Backers from Charlottesville organized the trip and they’re taking a bus but I’ll already be up north that weekend so it makes no sense to go two hours south.

I’ve never used the Metro for FedEx but I’ve used it for the Nats and Caps. Getting there was fine but leaving was a pain cuz everyone leaves at the same time. It might be better now, because the areas around the stadiums have been cleaned up and developed, so many people hang out after the game instead of just bee-lining it to the train.

And I used to use Metro every day. I just find it unpredictable. Some days were fine, other days some minor issue causes a 15 minute delay and occasionally, the train will just stop on the track and not move for 30 min. Anyway, it’s kind of irrelevant because where I live, it wouldn’t save me much time to take metro. It would only save the price of parking.

jamze132
07-29-2023, 07:51 AM
I’ve never used the Metro for FedEx but I’ve used it for the Nats and Caps. Getting there was fine but leaving was a pain cuz everyone leaves at the same time. It might be better now, because the areas around the stadiums have been cleaned up and developed, so many people hang out after the game instead of just bee-lining it to the train.

And I used to use Metro every day. I just find it unpredictable. Some days were fine, other days some minor issue causes a 15 minute delay and occasionally, the train will just stop on the track and not move for 30 min. Anyway, it’s kind of irrelevant because where I live, it wouldn’t save me much time to take metro. It would only save the price of parking.

I’m up in DC for every Mets/Sabres game and I’ve never had an issue on the metro or walking to/from. We use the metro to get all around DC for sightseeing too. I absolutely hate sitting in traffic.