• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills LB Dorian Williams focusing on WLB

Bills LB Dorian Williams focusing on WLB position for now, per Brandon Beane - Buffalo Rumblings

Beane confirmed to host Chris Brown that rookie linebacker Dorian Williams, a third-round pick out of Tulane in the 2023 NFL Draft, will focus on playing WLB for now rather than cross-training at middle linebacker. Williams played middle linebacker at Tulane, and he even played middle linebacker in the spring for Buffalo. However, most of the scouting reports on him suggest that he is a better fit on the weak side than he is as a middle, and that’s where he’ll start his first NFL training camp.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Bills LB Dorian Williams focusing on WLB

With only 2 true LBs on the field, where is the middle and what side is weak?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      With only 2 true LBs on the field, where is the middle and what side is weak?
      The middle is where we've been exposed for the last five seasons, and the weak went to Chicago.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Buffalo doesn’t care about a “better fit” because they could have turned Edmunds into an All Pro. Instead they jammed a square peg into a round hole for years.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

"Let's take an edge/outside lber and make him play the middle."
          "Good idea!"
          "Well, that didn't work. Let's take a middle linebacker and make him play outside this time."
          "Good idea!"
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Considering McD built his Carolina D around one of the best MLBs of the last 10-12 years, you’d think he put a lot more emphasis on the position. I truly don’t understand what this D has been doing at MLB since he got here. Edmunds was a finesse guy who doesn’t like contact, and got big money from Chicago to NOT play MLB. I don’t think he’s worth what he got, but at least they knew that he doesn’t have the grit or instincts to play inside.

meanwhile, the teams solution is to keep rolling out the severely limited AJ Klein. No wonder we struggle vs good running teams.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

LB's are glorified Safties today.

We're not opening the 1988 season again with a "true" MLB.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Watched the Beane interview with OBL. You can tell everyone feels that Dorian is not ready, i.e. hesitant. And Tasker kept saying someone with pads on is a nothing, especially for a position like LB, which I think is pointed at Bernard. At this point, I feel like if we can stop the run from MLB better than Edmunds, which Dodson is supposed to be, then we are even. The last thing I want is our aging safeties taking/giving punishment in RBs play in and play out, which I feel is a bigger issue than people realized.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Well. Whaddya know.

Now, all we need to do is finally realize that Milano is the best option we currently have to play the middle.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

It’s pretty clear that a 4-2-5 defense does not have a true “MLB”....although that IS the guy who gets the defensive calls into his helmet and makes the on field call and is considered the “QB of the defense".

The more accurate calcification is where Dorian Williams is pegged...weak side LB....or the one lined up on weak side (duh!!!) with no TE opposite of him.

Milano is more effective on the weak side. It’s pretty simple. There is no reason to move him.

There is no one close to being able to replace Edmunds' superior skill set and outstanding performance for the Bills for five years. Those trolls cheering his leaving are spouting idiotic baloney that shows they know a LOT less about football than they think they do.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

I thought McDermott in his presser yesterday said he's open to have someone else to call defensive plays.

This year it is going to tell us what is the impact of no Edmunds. Among all the 1st round picks in McDermott and Beane era, he's first one that didn't get re-signed. Not saying he's complete flop, but certainly not a must have in the management's eyes.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Hell I'd settle for 1998.

I miss the old 3-4 days when we had Holecek and Cowart roving the middle. Those two had perfect synthesis.

Also helped that they had Ted Washington up front eating up 3 linemen.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

There is no MLB in this defense, for the 9800th time. They play with 2 linebackers. A left and a right.

Unless McDermott switches base defenses, which I highly doubt, there is no need for a MLB. I don't know why people can't get that through their heads

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

To me anyway....it hints at using 3 lbs more often when 2 can react with speed. I'd put Klein in the middle. He's not a dazzler...but he knows the game and readibg an offense. Dodson is a wildcard.

They need change.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              There is no MLB in this defense, for the 9800th time. They play with 2 linebackers. A left and a right.

Unless McDermott switches base defenses, which I highly doubt, there is no need for a MLB. I don't know why people can't get that through their heads
                              Edmunds' responsibilities...especially against the pass...started in the middle and worked toward the outside. That's probably why most (including me) still refer to him with an interior reference.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X