PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller not going to rush back

Woodman
07-26-2023, 11:11 PM
Buffalo Bills’ Von Miller not going to rush back - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/7/26/23808607/buffalo-bills-rusher-von-miller-not-going-to-rush-back-acl-injury-pup-list-training-camp)

Edge rusher Von Miller met with members of the media (https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1684228515057606657?s=20) after the Buffalo Bills (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/) concluded their first practice of 2023 training camp, and he provided some insight into his recovery from an ACL injury that forced him to miss the end of last season along with the playoffs.
While Miller had hoped to avoid the team’s PUP list, the Bills designated him as physically unable to perform on Tuesday. However, Miller’s designation allows him to be activated at any time he’s ready.
“Whenever I get there, we’ll be ready to go,” Miller said in response to when that time might come.

OpIv37
07-26-2023, 11:16 PM
Good. We need him in January, not Sept.

jamze132
07-27-2023, 05:45 AM
Let him take the first 8 games to get ready.

Night Train
07-27-2023, 07:55 AM
Getting Floyd to fill in made this unfortunate situation more acceptable.

Woodman
07-27-2023, 10:48 AM

It was huge! :gobills:

notacon
07-27-2023, 12:27 PM
Let him take the first 8 games to get ready.

That’s reasonable.

I get the idea that we need him in January and February....but someone like Miller needs to play games and stay sharp.

Nine game ramp up to playoffs will accomplish that goal.

The week 13 bye will help him, and the whole team. Early byes suck. Recharge and nurse nagging injuries and get ready for the five game stretch run, with three extremely tough and important games right after the bye....@KC, Dallas, @LAC.

jamze132
07-28-2023, 04:06 AM

If they’re both healthy in the playoffs, we’re going to be hard to beat.

notacon
07-28-2023, 02:54 PM

Hmmmmmmm.....maybe a repeat of them playing together for a Super Bowl ring?!?!?!

jamze132
07-29-2023, 07:59 AM
Hmmmmmmm.....maybe a repeat of them playing together for a Super Bowl ring?!?!?!

A million things could go wrong with any of the 3-5 Super Bowl contenders. I’m so sick of folks here ****ting on our team, saying we’ve taken a step back, not good enough, Jets/Dolphins got better, etc. We’re a better team on paper than last year. Look at our RB room. Look at our D Line. We actually paid attention to the O Line!

Barring any major injuries to key positions, I fully expect the division crown and to be in the AFC Championship.

notacon
07-29-2023, 01:09 PM
A million things could go wrong with any of the 3-5 Super Bowl contenders. I’m so sick of folks here ****ting on our team, saying we’ve taken a step back, not good enough, Jets/Dolphins got better, etc. We’re a better team on paper than last year. Look at our RB room. Look at our D Line. We actually paid attention to the O Line!

Barring any major injuries to key positions, I fully expect the division crown and to be in the AFC Championship.

EXTREMELY WELL SAID jamze!!!

This team is the best the Bills have fielded since the McD era started in 2017.

Like you "I fully expect the division crown and to be in the AFC Championship.”. The KEY is going to be getting a first round bye. Remember, Patrick Mahomes has NEVER played a road playoff game.

I fully expect a very strong start which is critical for obtain that goal. No one should be surprised if the Bills start 8-0 going into the pivotal week 9 game at Cincy.

If the Bills (in my best scenario start) BEAT Cincy and go 9-0 (yeah....ignore the naysayers that are so sure the Bills lose that game)...they will have an excellent chance to be at 11-0 going into Philly.

Exactly like you said (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263559-Von-Miller-not-going-to-rush-back?p=5034884&viewfull=1#post5034884)....”If they’re both (Miller & Floyd) healthy in the playoffs, we’re going to be hard to beat."

YardRat
07-29-2023, 03:27 PM

I wish I had that confidence in this crew.

They've been embarrassed three years in a row in the playoffs, and everything they had done the last two off seasons ended with worse results than the year prior. It's a downward trend that needs to be reversed. Immediately.

jamze132
07-29-2023, 04:10 PM

They've been embarrassed three years in a row in the playoffs, and everything they had done the last two off seasons ended with worse results than the year prior. It's a downward trend that needs to be reversed. Immediately.

How many things went wrong for this team last year? Postponed game? Played almost died? Flukes!

Almost losing Hamlin was a huge emotional drain that no other team had to deal with.

notacon
07-30-2023, 11:54 AM

If my memory serves, you have not had “confidence” in ANY Bills team for as long as you have been posting here.

Woodman
08-02-2023, 01:03 PM

Absolutely! :gobills:

JoeMama
08-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Von can spend all of August and September in Key West for all I care.

Bring me that pass rush when the snow starts to fall.

I want those sacks in crunch time.

I want Burrow and Mahomes to hear footsteps.